Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatars Aang and Korra will test their elemental skills against a gauntlet of masters, how far will they go?

Aang and Korra will each be restricted to one element for each round. No Avatar State

• However, all agility feats will apply for Aang and Korra as though they had airbending, even when they do not have airbending

Korra is in her physical prime

Fights take place in the Crystal Catacombs.

All are in character. Victory by ko

Round 1: Tenzin (airbending only)

Round 2: Zuko (firebending only)

Round 3: Katara (waterbending only)

Round 4: Toph (earthbending only)

Round 5: Tenzin, Zaheer (w/ flight) (airbending only)

How far will they go?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Stops at 5

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pierpat

Round 1: Tenzin (airbending only) Aang could solo,even if i'd give a very slim margin to tenzin in a 1vs1, team wins

Round 2: Zuko (firebending only) With some difficulty, team wins thanks to numbers advantage,and both team members being IMO more agile than zuko.

Round 3: Katara (waterbending only) Korra solos

She is just as skilled and is more agile and has more raw power.

Round 4: Toph (earthbending only) Team could stop here. I'd still give a slim majority to the team thanks to aang's awesome agility and earthbending.

Round 5: Tenzin, Zaheer (w/ flight) (airbending only) Team stops hard here.

Zaheer is very hard to take down on his own with flight, and Tenzin is on aang's level.Tenzin could keep aang busy without many problems, zaheer end korra within minutes, then they gang up on the poor last airbender and end him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 5

Any reasons?

@pierpat said:

Round 1: Tenzin (airbending only) Aang could solo,even if i'd give a very slim margin to tenzin in a 1vs1, team wins

Round 2: Zuko (firebending only) With some difficulty, team wins thanks to numbers advantage

Round 4: Toph (earthbending only) Team could stop here. I'd still give a slim majority to the team thanks to aang's awesome agility and earthbending.

Zaheer is very hard to take down on his own with flight, and Tenzin is on aang's level.Tenzin could keep aang busy without many problems, zaheer end korra within minutes, then they gang up on the poor last airbender and end him.

Why do you think Tenzin is on Aang's level?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@pierpat said:

Round 2: Zuko (firebending only) With some difficulty, team wins thanks to numbers advantage

Yep.

He's probably less talented, but thanks to the many years he had to master the bending that aang did not have he's on the same level as a book 3 aang IMO.

I'm persuaded a 50 years old aang would stomp him, but that's a whole other story.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pierpat

@arcus: P.S. could you please make a gif out of the outstandingly powerful blast tenzin does here at 3:34:

Loading Video...

I'd like to use it any time someone claims aang has more raw power

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 or clear

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin and aang is already a battle, adding korra secures the win.

Korra's crush on firebending, her ferociousness and aangs agility should give them a difficult and tiring victory, though i can argue they lose.

Korra beats katara in water bending adding aang makes it a stomp.

Toph's case is similar to zuko except non of them loves earth bending, though number and agility advantage.

Zaheer with flight was surviving a sick avatar state(which is still more powerful than any single bender) tenzin and aang like i said is already a battle, while zaheer and korra, zaheer beats korra in air bending all day long. They lose

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this aang and korra together then they can take all except maybe 5 im not sure on that one, tenzin would be a little above aang due to being older and havng better mental state as aang a lot of times is a naive kid.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Aang alone can defeat Tenzin in a debatable good battle. With Korra, the team wins.

Round 2: Zuko's firebending<Aang's firebending. However, with Korra, the team has a chance at winning, because fire is basically her main element. I'll go with team Aorra.

Round 3: Contrary to what many others believe, with AS, Katara's traditional waterbending mastery>>Korra's aggressive style. However, the added agility that Korra and Aang possess could allow them to secure a victory, but it won't be an easy fight.

Round 4: Toph wins. Nuf said.

Round 5: Aang vs Tenzin, as I said before, is already a debatable good battle. However, Aang would win that battle. But Flying Zaheer was Korra with JUST airbending? Dude was taking on Avatar-State Korra, who was still EXTREMELY dangerous even with the poison slowly killing her. Him and Tenzin take this.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arcus1

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:
@pierpat said:

Yep.

He's probably less talented, but thanks to the many years he had to master the bending that aang did not have he's on the same level as a book 3 aang IMO.

I'm persuaded a 50 years old aang would stomp him, but that's a whole other story.

No Caption Provided

That is a pretty solid feat (book 1 Tenzin's often kinda underrated imo). However, Aang's got the power to match, and imo he's generally faster and more agile, and probably more versatile

5 or clear

Any reasons?

Zaheer with flight was surviving a sick avatar state(which is still more powerful than any single bender) tenzin and aang like i said is already a battle, while zaheer and korra, zaheer beats korra in air bending all day long. They lose

Surviving is hardly the same as winning, he'll have to do more than run away to win this fight

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnfrank120

@arcus:

Round 1: Tenzin (airbending only) Aang could solo, very barely, team wins.

Round 2: Zuko (firebending only) With some difficulty, team wins thanks to numbers advantage, Aang is not bad and Korra can go toe to toe with Zuko for a while.

Round 3: Katara (waterbending only) Korra can barely stalemate Katara, Aang helps win it.

Round 4: Toph (earthbending only) I'd give a slim majority to the team thanks to Aang's awesome agility and earthbending, and Korra's metal bending.

Round 5: Tenzin, Zaheer (w/ flight) (airbending only) Team stops or clears, Zaheer with flight can beat Korra, while Aang can beat Tenzin, then the fight between both is a toss-up.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:
@pierpat said:

Yep.

No Caption Provided

That is a pretty solid feat (book 1 Tenzin's often kinda underrated imo). However, Aang's got the power to match, and imo he's generally faster and more agile, and probably more versatile

Aang has the power to match that?With airbending?

wait...when?

I see tenzin as technically superior honestly, and more brutal with his bending

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: he was survivng a poisoned AS four element bloodlusted korra, now she is nerfed to just air bending, without flight he beats her, with flight he wrecks her.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arcus1

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:
@pierpat said:

Yep.

No Caption Provided

wait...when?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tenzin's generally more aggressive, true, but I've always seen Aang as more technically skilled.

On a side note, anyone know where I can find a good video of Aang and the Blue Spirit escaping the fire nation prison? I can't find it on YouTube anymore

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: he was survivng a poisoned AS four element bloodlusted korra, now she is nerfed to just air bending, without flight he beats her, with flight he wrecks her.

Yeah, he survived by mainly evading. He can't win a fight against a non-poisoned opponent just by running away

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gizmorino

@arcus: the korra he fought would have annihilated almost everybody in the series, she was more or less like aang when those sand benders stole appa

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: yeah, and pretty much all he did was run away, it's not like he could have won

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: he survived her, his airbending without flight is above korra's, him surviving AS korra that was bloodlusted was still impressive and he had 2 successfull attacks before poison started taking toll.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:
@pierpat said:

Yep.

No Caption Provided

wait...when?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tenzin's generally more aggressive, true, but I've always seen Aang as more technically skilled.

On a side note, anyone know where I can find a good video of Aang and the Blue Spirit escaping the fire nation prison? I can't find it on YouTube anymore

First and third even more required some build-up to be executed, they are not comparable with tenzin's feat

I still but the second quite a bit behind tenzin's motherfucking "toss a multi ton mech at least six stories up in the air casually".

Idk 'bout the video bro, i can only find tributes with scenes put in randomly and terrible music in the background

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hatemalingsia

Stops at 5.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:
@pierpat said:

Yep.

No Caption Provided

wait...when?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

First and third even more required some build-up to be executed, they are not comparable with tenzin's feat

I still but the second quite a bit behind tenzin's motherfucking "toss a multi ton mech at least six stories up in the air casually".

Idk 'bout the video bro, i can only find tributes with scenes put in randomly and terrible music in the background

First was big enough to protect a small village, of course it's gonna require a bit of build up. Third really didn't have that much build up, Bumi just took a while to throw the rock. And it's not like Tenzin's blast didn't have a second or so of build up.

I'm not sure how much obliterating a giant stone compares to blasting a mecha tank, figuring that out seems like a lot of unnecessary work

Music doesn't matter for gifs, but yeah all the ones I find are just random

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe they can clear

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most likely stop at 4. korra was never really impressive with earth bending and its likely that toph could take her down pretty quickly.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should stop at Toph.

L. D.

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Tenzin (airbending only) Aang is better than tenzin with korra they stomp.

Round 2: Zuko (firebending only) Zuko is better than Aang and Korra easily but with the numbers advantage they should gets past though they could stop here.

Round 3: Katara (waterbending only) I personally do not think Korra is match Katara but with Aang helping Korra they should get through this round with little difficulty.

Round 4: Toph (earthbending only) Same as the round with Zuko neither one of them is a match for Toph but together numbers could overcome.

Round 5: Tenzin, Zaheer (w/ flight) (airbending only) They stop here.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Round 2: Zuko (firebending only) With some difficulty, team wins thanks to numbers advantage,and both team members being IMO more agile than zuko.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This amv will make you want to rewatch the series.

Loading Video...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@pierpat said:

This sums up my own thoughts on the gauntlet, plus it's well written too.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@pierpat said:

This sums up my own thoughts on the gauntlet, plus it's well written too.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Aang solos the airbender rounds.
They lose everything else.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This IC:

Round 1: Pass low-mid dif.

Round 2: Eos level Korra solos, comic version stops here. Aang is a non factor.

Round 3: Korra solos.

Round 4: Hard pass.

Round 5: They also stop here since Zaheer has flight.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 viking1205  Online

1. Airbenders: Aang Solos

2. Firebenders: team takes this. Zuko is superior to either of them individually, but with number advantage, team takes this.

3. Waterbenders: same as round 2. Korra gets her best element, she can win a few rounds against Katara. With Aang, they pass this.

4. Earthbenders: Hard stop. Toph is out of the league.

5. Zaheer and Tenzin: Aang carries them to win.