A prepared Batman vs Thanos

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By pooty

@WillPayton said:

@CosmosTyrant said:

Thanos with prep God. Know show me Bat's prep.

@Voodoom said:

Batman is a master planner. Thanos is the ULTIMATE planner. Thanos has more rescources, intellect, and power than Batman. Batman could plan all he wants, but if Thanos already knows what Batman is up too.

Why do people keep talking here as if Thanos has prep? The OP doesnt say anything about Thanos having prep, only Batman.

that is a great point that people are overlooking.......... i think. myself i have seen nothing from batman that shows he can prep for the infinity gauntlet. what has bats done on that level?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By willpayton

@pooty said:

@WillPayton said:

@CosmosTyrant said:

Thanos with prep God. Know show me Bat's prep.

@Voodoom said:

Batman is a master planner. Thanos is the ULTIMATE planner. Thanos has more rescources, intellect, and power than Batman. Batman could plan all he wants, but if Thanos already knows what Batman is up too.

Why do people keep talking here as if Thanos has prep? The OP doesnt say anything about Thanos having prep, only Batman.

that is a great point that people are overlooking.......... i think. myself i have seen nothing from batman that shows he can prep for the infinity gauntlet. what has bats done on that level?

I dont think he can prep for the IG at all. But for normal Thanos (who doesnt have any prep at all) I think it's entirely doable. Batman can take the Insider Suit, spend some time and resources improving it. Then get his hands on a couple of GL power rings and other various goodies, maybe some magical items for good measure. He could go into the fight insanely powerful, and being Batman he'd also have a bunch of tricks up his sleeve to confuse and disorient Thanos while he takes him down. With prep, and an arbitrary amount of it as the OP implies, Batman wins. But, not against the IG wielding Thanos.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By BringnIt

I would assume if Batman could have the Insider suit improved, assuming he still has it, he would have already. Pretty standard move for him. From what I have heard, he also wasn't any good with a lantern ring, and I don't think even the top tier lanterns are taking on Thanos.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By pooty

@WillPayton: you're right. the op did give batman unlimited time so yeah he could beat thanos. the only part i don't agree with is the "confuse and disorient thanos' part. he can before more powerful than thanos with unlimited time and prep. but tricking or confusing him..... i don't know about that part.

@BringnIt: but with unlimited time and a reason to upgrade the suit he could improve on it. a few conversations with lex luther, mister fantastic, the Atom would improve on the suit. and even on his first attempt, batman was able to make holograms of his parents. giving him more time and he would master it.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By BringnIt

I doubt Luthor would help Wayne for the hell of it and Batman wouldn't really have access to Reed. More importantly, I assume prep is limited to what the character can do alone. Giving Cyclops one year of prep in a battle forum doesn't mean he runs to Forge or Beast and has them build equipment, doesn't mean he gets to assemble a team, etc.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By pooty

@BringnIt: i meant mister terrific. nevertheless, given enough time, tech would improve and he could incorporate that into the suit. my point is: given enough time batman would eventually become smarter, tech would improve and he could beat thanos(if thanos has no prep and no more power upgrades).

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Malevolent1

No.

Just...no.

Thanos for the win.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By PikminMania

With enough prep of course he can. You claim that Batman gets as much prep as needed, that means he could have centuries if need be

Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Voodoom
@WillPayton:  

Last time I checked Batman never asked for an GL ring when he was going to fight Darkseid.  Further GL ring would actually cause him more trouble than it is worth.  Thanos can absorb energy at the level of Odin without harm to himself. 

Thanos doesn't get into random fights, he knows what he's up against and wins.  He's a tactician that Batman could well learn from if Batman had no moral code.  Thanos has defeated beings thought unbeatable because he plans for everything.  Batman asks for GL rings?  Fine then I say Thanos asks death to allow him to return the Wayne family back to living status on the condition that Batman yields before him.  
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By BringnIt

@PikminMania said:

With enough prep of course he can. You claim that Batman gets as much prep as needed, that means he could have centuries if need be

Wouldn't he be, you know, dead?

Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Voodoom
@pooty

Thank you.  Batman plays to win but not for keeps.  Simply because he has a moral code.  Thanos plays to win and for keeps and has no moral code whatsoever.   

If you took Batman and multiplied his mind power by Doctor Doom, Subtracted his moral code by the Injustice League and then multiplied that for every person Darkseid and his leigons have killed.  Gave him the powers of a twisted god he'd be close to Thanos... 

but not equal. 

In my opinion Thanos is far worse than Darkseid, in the idea that many of his plans come to fruition and only fail due Thanos' only true weakness.
Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Voodoom
@WillPayton

As stupid as this may sound I beleive this to be  true. 

Thanos ALWAYS has prep. 

In every battle, every fight Thanos is never suprised he always knows what is coming.  He knows how to counter it and beat it.
Dumbseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Dumbseid

Batman with prep would have nukes, a Lantern ring, crazy sci-fi closet, his watchtower tech.....probably still not enough to take down someone close to Skyfather levels

Adam West would just use anti-Thanos spray

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By kcaz

@Dumbseid said:

Batman with prep would have nukes, a Lantern ring, crazy sci-fi closet, his watchtower tech.....probably still not enough to take down someone close to Skyfather levels

Adam West would just use anti-Thanos spray

depends if he has enough info on thanos, which he doesnt. doom managed to drain beyonder's powers with prep

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By emperorznb

@kcaz said:

depends if he has enough info on thanos, which he doesnt. doom managed to drain beyonder's powers with prep

IIRC Beyonder let him do that.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By kcaz

@emperorznb said:

@kcaz said:

IIRC Beyonder let him do that.

he did? any reason? people had argued that he did not

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By emperorznb

@kcaz: The issue was very old so I really couldn't find it in my stash so I could take a look but if my memory serves me right it was Beyonder's plan to test the heroes in Secret Wars if they would still fight Doom even if they had no chance of survival. But if Doom did absorb Beyonder, I'm guessing that Beyonder was still conscious and just let Doom utilize his powers.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By pooty

@Voodoom: In every battle, every fight Thanos is never suprised he always knows what is coming.

Never surprised??? He was surprised once in a fight. Hmmmm. Can you remember when? (:

Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Voodoom

@pooty

The only one I can think of is Nebula and I don't consider that suprised due to after that battle Adam Warlock confronted him with why he failed.  If you mean his death then I would say you are correct but I still feel that Thanos is ALMOST never suprised.  But if you are thinking of another please don't leave me in suspense.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Malevolent1 said:

No.

Just...no.

Thanos for the win.

Agreed, 100%. Batman is absolutely not beating Thanos with any amount of prep.
TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

I like Batman, but I hate when his fans try to claim that with prep he can beat anyone. Sorry, but Batman, even with prep., vs. Thanos (with or without the gauntlet), is absurd. Batman is not winning this. With enough prep. he might be able to survive an encounter with Thanos, but the only way he wins is with some Spider-Man vs. Firelord level PIS.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By pooty

@Voodoom: In "Blood and Thunder". When Thor went crazy and was beating Silver Surfer and the infinity watch. Pip the troll said "i can only think of one person who can beat Thor right now" and teleported them Thanos ship. Thanos was working on some inventions or something and had no idea what was going on. After he immobilized Thor, Thanos had his classic battle with Odin. Is that the kind of "surprised" you were referring to?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By pooty

@Malevolent1: @The_Mayhem_Theory: How can you say that some one CAN'T be beaten with prep? Galactus, Hunger, Imperiex, Darkseid have all been beaten by prep. This is Batman with UNLIMITED TIME and Thanos not knowing he is being prepped against. Of course he can be beaten. With prep the Living Tribunal, Celestials have been beaten with prep.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#124  Edited By SupremeHyperion

This is dumb Thanos will never lose to batman, batman is not that great. he's a guy in a suit no matter how you look at it. As far as unpowered vigilante characters he is among the best but against people like this it's dumb to even let your mind begin to think he has a chance. In all honesty I don't even think Batman could be Green Goblin.

LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By LordStoop

Batman is quite good with prep, so i think with 50 years of prep he might be able to beat Thanos.

Oh no, my bad. Bruce will be a senior citizen then and to geriatric to defeat Thanos.

So my answer is NO. Bruce will have not enough lifetime to prep for Thanos.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#126  Edited By Floopay

@pooty: He has unlimited time, but not unlimited resources. And technically he doesn't have unlimited time because he's still aging. Unless his prep is perfecting the insider suit, getting a GL ring, and creating another weapon like Drax that is designed to kill Thanos, I have serious doubts about this. Yes with prep LT, Celestials, Galactus, etc. can be beaten, and I suppose Galactus was beaten and has his powers taken by Doom. But honestly, if we're talking out of 10 battles, I think this is going to Thanos 8 or even 9 out of 10.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#127  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Thanos 10 out of 10 come on now man.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By pooty

@Floopay:@LordStoop: For the most part comic characters don't age like we do. But even in cases when he does age like "Dark Knight Returns" his mind is still solid. also, as time goes on Wayne tech will develop things that are mind blowing by todays standards. If Doom can create a machine to steal surfers power. And Tony Stark created nanites that depowered Hulk. And Tchalla outsmarted Mephisto. All done with modern tech. I don't see why Bats in 50yrs of advanced technology can't defeat Thanos.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#129  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

I might upset some fanboys here but I have to say it...

BATMAN CAN NOT BEAT EVERYONE WITH PREP, GIVE IT UP!!! HE LOST HERE!!!

Whoo. Took alot of my chest there...

Anyways Thanos wins.

LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By LordStoop

@pooty: Yes, he might. But how would he do this without Thanos finding out about it. It would be really obvious if Bats studied Thanos for a couple of years. Wouldn't Thanos think: "Whats that weird man dressed in black doing here again?".

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By pooty

@LordStoop: Whats that weird man dressed in black doing here again?

lol

But the OP states that Thanos has no prep. So as unlikely as that sounds, thats what we go by. And with enough prep and Thanos being unaware he is being watched then (under these extreme circumstances) Batman could beat him.

@LordStoop: @Petey_is_Spidey: @SupremeHyperion: This isn't about being a fanboy or thinking ONLY batman can out prep anyone. With the stipulations in the OP that Thanos is unaware of Batmans intentions and Batman has unlimited time. Batman can beat Thanos. If you give Reed Richards, Hank Pym, Tchalla, Mr. Terrific the same advantages they also could beat Thanos or Galactus even. The OP is very specific which is the ONLY reason Batman has a chance.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Bo88gdan

Thanos would win

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@pooty: The OP gave Thanos the Infinity Gauntlet. Do you REALLY think Batman would win. He MIGHT have a chance with out it, but with he stomps.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#134  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#135  Edited By entropy_aegis

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL,and this is a spite thread at it's finest.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Dex_Starr

If this is Batman with as much prep as he wants vs Thanos with NO prep then Bats can win this easily. He's already beaten Darkseid with prep.

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@k4tzm4n:

Rudy's hilarious.

And the answer is no, doesn't matter how much time you give him, Batman alone isn't beating Thanos.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#138  Edited By Lvenger

Thanos. The End.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#139  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Dex_Starr said:

If this is Batman with as much prep as he wants vs Thanos with NO prep then Bats can win this easily. He's already beaten Darkseid with prep.

That was PIS though(Superman/Batman) and it did'nt exactly end well for him in FC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dex_Starr: Darkseid has a very definable weakness same as Superman, Thanos does not have a plot devise weakness.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Dex_Starr

@MisterWhisper: He didn't use radion, he threatened to blow up his planet

@entropy_aegis said:

@Dex_Starr said:

That was PIS though(Superman/Batman) and it did'nt exactly end well for him in FC.

I guess

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By pooty

@Petey_is_Spidey: the OP says this: But if Batman is given all the time he needs to prepare, could he take down Thanos? How about Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet?

That is 2 separate questions.

Can he beat Thanos with IG? Hell No

Can he beat a weaponless Thanos? yes

Avatar image for decepticondave_
decepticondave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By decepticondave_

This thread is crazy, nuff said, batman could never defeat gauntlet Thanos, lol how could he? what possible scenario suggests there are even the means VIA technology to do so? Also if batman tech is so super awesome why hasnt he given himself super powers yet?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By pooty

@decepticondave_: the point of Batman's whole character is that a normal human can achieve super things. and we know that bruce can't beat Thanos with infinity gauntlet. But can he beat Thanos without the gauntlet? Under these circumstances Bruce can beat him

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@pooty: But if you think about it, Batman is in his late 20's now, 50 years later he'll be old as hel*.

Avatar image for decepticondave_
decepticondave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By decepticondave_

@Petey_is_Spidey: OP should have stated that with unlimited time and without age haah, but real talk, i dont think he has the means to defeat him im still waiting for someone to think of some kind of tech he could use to do so, MAYBE capture him? but kill him no way.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By pooty

@Petey_is_Spidey: Batman has the insider suit. Amazo is around. Ultron. Vision etc. If these things can be made with todays tech in 50 years Bruce could invent some crazy stuff. He doesn't have to be physically fit. That is what exoskeletons and armor is for. There is no doubt in my mind that Batman could build a machine that would take Thanos power. It has happened to Silver Surfer, Galactus, Beyonder. It can happen to Thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dex_Starr: The Batman threatening to blow up the planet was some of the worst writing ever.

1. Darkseid knows Batman, he knows he will not kill a planet, even one like his.

2. The explosion would not have killed Darkseid and he knows it, he would just say, OK. and them get a new planet.

3. I guess Darkseid just completely forgot he was a telepath.

4. Darkseid not having a backup plan in case his bombs get turned on.

On top of that It would not work on Thanos because you can not threaten Thanos with killing anyone, he worships Death he would consider it a compliment.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By BringnIt

@pooty said:

@Petey_is_Spidey: Batman has the insider suit. Amazo is around. Ultron. Vision etc. If these things can be made with todays tech in 50 years Bruce could invent some crazy stuff. He doesn't have to be physically fit. That is what exoskeletons and armor is for. There is no doubt in my mind that Batman could build a machine that would take Thanos power. It has happened to Silver Surfer, Galactus, Beyonder. It can happen to Thanos

What has Batman built on his own that rivals Ultron or Vision? Genuine question.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By pooty

@BringnIt: Genuine answer. It depends on what you mean by rival. In terms of fire power then the Insider Suit which duplicates the power of the JLA. But ulton to this day IMO is the most sophisticated robot ever built. Not the most powerful but the most sophisticated. Oh and Shark Repellent spray (: