• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading through some threads on here, there are A LOT of people who think Batman could take anyone down. Personally, Thanos is my all time favorite comic book character of all time, and Batman is my most hated character. So I'm double biased on this one. But if Batman is given all the time he needs to prepare, could he take down Thanos? How about Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet?

#2 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

NO. Plain and simple. You may have some fanboys that say "with planning Batman can beat anyone", but to that I say horse@#$@%. With planning Thanos beat The Grandmaster, the Ultimate planner. Thanos has taken over the universe on a couple of occasions with brilliant planning, and in our battles we aren't going to factor in the "he doesn't feel worthy so he beats himself" clause. Please no one come on the thread and say Batman would be a better planner than the 5billion year old superhumanly intelligent Grandmaster. Thanos is infinitely smarter, and has tons more resources and advanced technology than Batman.

#3 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone could've made me more proud!! YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

LoL lets say batman comes ready what the fuck could he possibly have to hurt thanos lol a gun the bat bot hed lose no matter what he has and he may come with a telepathy machine but i bet that wotn work either anyway batman can battle him 10 times and lose all.

#5 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that Batman can beat any cosmically powered being, or one that is highly powered. I was suprised he beat Superman, but then again, who else would? (Maybe Wonder Woman, but let's not change the subject.)

#6 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol not to change the subject but supermans really an alien or close to earth type person you cant really put him as a cosmic being cause hes just not so stronger and any body can beat him with green gummy bears

#7 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Lol not to change the subject but supermans really an alien or close to earth type person you cant really put him as a cosmic being cause hes just not so stronger and any body can beat him with green gummy bears "

Well, I guess that came out wrong. I didn't mean to say Supes was a cosmically powered being, but I was surprised that Bats beat him is all.

#8 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it is a surpise even to people who think sups is a god but dc had to find some way to get their attention But whats weird si it was only a ring and i know superman should eb able to take a hit from a ring he even wore a green k ring and knoked out bad supergirl so he really should have killed batman

#9 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC has made Batman virtually invincible, having lost so few fights. But they don't give him huge villians to tackle in Gotham City. Has has the Joker, Catwoman, the Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face, while Superman battles Lobo, Darkseid, Doomsday, Mr. Mxyzptlk, and Bizarro. Superman gets his butt kicked quite a bit. Its that way even in the Superman and Batman movies, for the most part.

But yeah, Batman sucks. Thanos rules. End of story.

#10 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

That's good enough for me.

But now....

Who could beat Thanos?

#11 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Well who beat thanos drax lol he even killed thanos with thanos heart sticking out. Its sad.

#13 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting turn/twist. I'll have to think about that one. He's my favorite, so I'll have to put that one on hold until I can find someone I deem acceptable to beat him.

#14 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah he could.

#15 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

The Time Keeper says:

"Interesting turn/twist. I'll have to think about that one. He's my favorite, so I'll have to put that one on hold until I can find someone I deem acceptable to beat him."

See, that's the problem. If we're going to go solely upon who we like/dislike, then Thanos will always lose in my personal universe. I've always viewed him as a momentary annoyance who comes in to disturb my favorite stories, only to fall flat on his face leaving a pointless mass of published works in his wake.

To each his own....

#16 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"The Time Keeper says:
"Interesting turn/twist. I'll have to think about that one. He's my favorite, so I'll have to put that one on hold until I can find someone I deem acceptable to beat him."

See, that's the problem. If we're going to go solely upon who we like/dislike, then Thanos will always lose in my personal universe. I've always viewed him as a momentary annoyance who comes in to disturb my favorite stories, only to fall flat on his face leaving a pointless mass of published works in his wake.

To each his own...."

Did you read the last Thanos series? The one that came out before the Annihilation (and in some respects helped set the stage for the event)? I think it was well written and proved to be an interesting twist on Thanos: sort of like an all-powerful monk pondering his place in the universe.

#17 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that's just my opinion about him. Our opinions differ, which is fine. I think that keeps it interesting. Tell me what you honestly think, who could beat Thanos?

#18 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I KNOW that Drax can beat him because he did. Ripped his heart right out of his chest (thank God!!!). Now maybe he'll stop showing up with stupid schemes to take over the Marvel U and thereby get some nookie with Death.

#19 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

This isnt really based off of hate of who its really whod actually win in the end or it should be lol.

#20 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Good god, please use some frickin' punctuation. Learn it! Use it! Love it!

#21 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Thanos very much, but I still think he would win.

#22 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't like Batman very much, but I don't take it away from him that he's a great detective and hero. I just think too many people put him up in superhero league. But I think he can defeat a lot of people that normal heroes could never dream of beating. But Thanos has got powers and intellect. Who else could create a being 3 times more powerful than Galactus?

#23 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"With prep Batman could beat Thanos."

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep Batman could beat Thanos.

#25 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

Umm no he can't. He is outmatched in evrey possible way. And If thanos has prep too then that negates whatever advantage prep time gives batman.

#26 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Would mind terribly explaining that, Buckshot?

#27 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman picks up his bat-phone and calls all his hero friends, then they call their friends, and so on and so on until Thanos is facing every hero (and maybe some villains) in DC. Overkill, I know, but a win is a win.

#28 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaguirus says:

"Buckshot says:

Umm no he can't. He is outmatched in evrey possible way. And If thanos has prep too then that negates whatever advantage prep time gives batman."

If it's conceivable for Thanos to create device that could enslave and suck the energies from Galactus (ie. Annihilation story arc), then it is equally conceivable that Batman could create a device that could de-power Thanos and thus win the fight.

#29 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Batman picks up his bat-phone and calls all his hero friends, then they call *their* friends, and so on and so on until Thanos is facing every hero (and maybe some villains) in DC. Overkill, I know, but a win is a win."

And Thanos get's the infity gaunlets and gems and then slaughters them all.

#30 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaguirus says:

"Buckshot says:
"Batman picks up his bat-phone and calls all his hero friends, then they call *their* friends, and so on and so on until Thanos is facing every hero (and maybe some villains) in DC. Overkill, I know, but a win is a win."

And Thanos get's the infity gaunlets and gems and then slaughters them all."

Yeah, except those are currently in the hands of the Illuminati. Sorry, thanks for playing.

#31 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

The Time Keeper says:

"Reading through some threads on here, there are A LOT of people who think Batman could take anyone down. Personally, Thanos is my all time favorite comic book character of all time, and Batman is my most hated character. So I'm double biased on this one. But if Batman is given all the time he needs to prepare, could he take down Thanos? How about Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet?"

He can use the Gaunlet in this fight. No DC hero can stand to it's power.

#32 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#33 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaguirus says:

"The Time Keeper says:
"Reading through some threads on here, there are A LOT of people who think Batman could take anyone down. Personally, Thanos is my all time favorite comic book character of all time, and Batman is my most hated character. So I'm double biased on this one. But if Batman is given all the time he needs to prepare, could he take down Thanos? How about Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet?"

He can use the Gaunlet in this fight. No DC hero can stand to it's power."

Was speaking to Time Keeper's first question. Sorry my bad. I didn't read the first post of the thread thoroughly enough.

#34 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Time keeper said he can use it and more likely than not he will use it. Can batman withstand it's power? Hell no.

#35 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not talking about the gauntlet because it's stupid. Guy 1 vs guy 2 (with power over the universe). Who will win?

#36 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus, don't forget Thanos' subconscious desire to always lose. In the end, that can be the ace in the hole.

#37 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

So Thanos calls up all the space pirates he used to employ and steals the power gem from whoever has it to power a gun that can kill stars and uses it against Sol.

#38 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Buckshot says:

So Thanos calls up all the space pirates he used to employ and steals the power gem from whoever has it to power a gun that can kill stars and uses it against Sol."

Then Adam Warlock shows up, does a whole bunch of useless fighting, dies, comes back to life, pulls some metaphysical psychobabble out of his arse, Thanos feels bad because he didn't make death happy, then reverses everything.

#39 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos doesn't have prep. Neither does he have a bat-phone.

#40 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Buckshot says:
So Thanos calls up all the space pirates he used to employ and steals the power gem from whoever has it to power a gun that can kill stars and uses it against Sol."
Then Adam Warlock shows up, does a whole bunch of useless fighting, dies, comes back to life, pulls some metaphysical psychobabble out of his arse, Thanos feels bad because he didn't make death happy, then reverses everything."

Gotta love Starlin's writing... :p

#41 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Thanos doesn't have prep. Neither does he have a bat-phone."

So wait, this fight represents:

1) Thanos attacking without a plan...(?) which he is predominantly not known for doing.

2) Batman planning for his assualt or instigating a fight with Thanos in the later's HQ, (Which is where exactly?) Which Batman isn't predominantly known for doing.

In response to being assualted by the entire JLA as per Buckshot's post, Thanos teleports in his cadre (read: thousands) of space pirates, the Blood Brother, Terrax, Paibok, The Fallen One, Skreet, and Adam Warlock to back him up.

Thanos doesn't need a bat-phone.

#42 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't make the fight so take it up with the OP, but as I read it, Thanos is not the one attacking. Batman has as much time as he needs to attack Thanos who, since no prep or even knowledge of the attack is specified, doesn't know what's coming. Also, it was all of DC, not just the JLA. Why are you giving Thanos backup? I'm giving Batman back up because (1) he can't possibly do it alone (except maybe if he does what P-Man said) and (2) it said he had prep. I'm not saying Thanos needs prep to call in backup, but I consider going for outside help as something you'd do with prep, not normal battle. And you're worried about people doing things they're not known for doing, is Thanos known for calling in everyone he knows?

Everyone needs a bat-phone.

#43 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Everyone needs a bat-phone."

Unless Thanos gets an iPhone. Then he really WILL win.

#44 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget it then. The iPhone is like the new Infinity Gauntlet.

#45 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe they are actually made out of ground Infinity Gems.

#46 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that it's powered by the Cosmic Cube and the Heart of the Universe.

#47 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

The casing is Entropy Armor with adamantium frame and vibranium sub-structure.

#48 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

With a built-in Ultimate Nullifier and a screen made out of a shard of the M'Kraan Crystal.

#49 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I also heard you can make calls across Hypertime with it.

#50 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

If you crank up the volume all the way and shut it on and of 5 times you can tap into the Speed Force.