A fair match-up for movie Mandarin(Iron Man 3).

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Saw the movie yesterday. Mandarin was insanely fast, strong and powerful! His durability was top-notch!

Which movie/game/cartoon/tv show character do you think could take on the Mandarin (Iron Man 3) without it being a mismatch.

Comic versions are not allowed.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Oh god.

danzi97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danzi97

First thing I thought when watching their last (and actual first) fight: "Captain America would die so horribly..." Seriously, it is impossible not to compare those "super-humans" from the movie to Captain America, because, despite the original Mandarin using magic and ancient powers, this version of him is basically a regular guy powered-up by biotechnology. The super-soldier was just reduced to nothing in terms of super-human capacity.

As for the question, call me crazy but I think that Batman would have a better chance than Tony did. He'd probably resist as long as he could (avoiding the guy's attacks, for example) and somehow manage to neutralize the Extremis formula.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danzi97 said:

First thing I thought when watching their last (and actual first) fight: "Captain America would die so horribly..." Seriously, it is impossible not to compare those "super-humans" from the movie to Captain America, because, despite the original Mandarin using magic and ancient powers, this version of him is basically a regular guy powered-up by biotechnology. The super-soldier was just reduced to nothing in terms of super-human capacity.

As for the question, call me crazy but I think that Batman would have a better chance than Tony did. He'd probably resist as long as he could (avoiding the guy's attacks, for example) and somehow manage to neutralize the Extremis formula.

Which Batman? Nolan Batman? Batman from Brave and the Bold?..

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Backflip

@rudebomberboy01:

Are we talking Mandarin as in Ben Kingsley, or Aldrich Killian?

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip:

The one who was splitting Tony's suits in half and punching through them with his bare hands... lol ofcourse I'm talking about Aldrich

:D

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Backflip

@rudebomberboy01: Might as well call it Killian then, so as to not confuse everyone :P

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@backflip said:

@rudebomberboy01: Might as well call it Killian then, so as to not confuse everyone :P

lol yeah but he was the REAL Mandarin..

I think everyone who has seen the movie would know who I'm on about when I say 'insanely fast and powerful' :D

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

asian mandarin could prolly beat indian mandarin

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

asian mandarin could prolly beat indian mandarin

I'm confused.. :s

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MirrorWave4

Bane

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rudebomberboy01:

So basically, the magical ten rings aren't going to be used by the Mandarin in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Bummer...

danzi97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danzi97 said:

Which Batman? Nolan Batman? Batman from Brave and the Bold?..

Probably not Nolan's Batman - I mean, we was cool but not half as smart as most of the character's version. I think most "Batmen" could do that, the New 52's is an example.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Assman

I'm assuming your talking bout Adlrich Killian? Mandarin had no feats, he was nothing more than a facade, an actor Aldrich hired to keep the government busy and off his tracks.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deadite

It would be more promising if you limit the option to Movies.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People in America haven't seen the movie, since it hasn't come out yet over here until May 3rd.

On the other hand, isn't movie Mandarin basically Mandarin without rings? They substituted his chi for extremis and just made him super strong, durable, etc.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip said:

lol yeah but he was the REAL Mandarin..

I think everyone who has seen the movie would know who I'm on about when I say 'insanely fast and powerful' :D

There was no REAL Mandarin, that's the whole point, it was a facade that Killian created. When he said he was the Mandarin, he meant he was the one who created him, as in he's (killian) the one who Tony and the US government was looking for! I agree that you need to keep them seperate, and refer to Aldrich Killian as Aldrich Killian, imo.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Bane

Would get MURDERED!!

@rudebomberboy01 said:

@comicstooge: omg lolwut?

I thought you meant that other Mandarin

Lol nah man, that guy was a joke!

@shiryu said:

@rudebomberboy01:

So basically, the magical ten rings aren't going to be used by the Mandarin in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Bummer...

Nah, I was surprised with what they did with the Mandarin, I didn't get pissed off, I kinda liked it. He's pretty cool!

People in America haven't seen the movie, since it hasn't come out yet over here until May 3rd.

On the other hand, isn't movie Mandarin basically Mandarin without rings? They substituted his chi for extremis and just made him super strong, durable, etc.

Welll.. Basically... Yeah. I thought it was cool though. Didn't piss me off.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danzi97: I excluded comic versions for a reason.. Only Tv media versions. Brave and the Bold Batman could do something.

@deadite said:

It would be more promising if you limit the option to Movies.

There aren't a lot of movies characters that could take him on without it being a mismatch. They're either way too powerful or he obliterates them. Anyone below Captain America status would get destroyed instantly.

Tomekeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki without mind control/illusions could be a good matchup. (he can keep teleporting)

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomekeeper: Mandarin should be fast enough to keep up with Loki's teleports.

We don't know how strong Loki is so we can't tell how he'd fair against Aldrich.

Tem Borjigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. He was ringless Mandarin, possessing loose equivalents to his Chi powers. He's a fast, tough, ferocious, s.o.b. who can karate-chop through almost anything.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

He got his ass kicked by Pepper. PEPPER!