Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeonGameWave
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How did it happen?

This is a different type of battle with a different type of theme, it just popped into my mind recently and I said why not try something new, different and a little unconventional? If this goes well I`m thinking of doing another one. This is basically based off of popular battles of the decade and this one happens to be one of them Thor vs Superman and you can say Evanescence vs. Linkin Park. This is about a double battle with music and comics simultaneously acting as a middle ground medium, Thor represents for Evanescence if you think Thor wins then you choose if Evanescence is better than Linkin Park and vice versa, the same goes for Superman.

Rules/Conditions

Thor is standard 616

Superman is New 52

Morals off

Bloodlust on

Both get 1 hour of prep

Full knowledge

Fight takes place in Metropolis

Thor is listening to Evanescence to prep, workout and during the fight

Superman is listening to Linkin Park to prep, workout and during the fight

Both are wearing unbreakable and inseparable headphones

So, who is the winner and who is the better band?

Mood Setters

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably my favorite thread all week.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it...

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is smt we can debate on.....

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jacthripper

Linkin Park is better and Superman would win

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor would win, linkin park is better

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So essentially, you have to choose which artist/group is better based on which comic character wins? That makes no sense. Nicki Minaj isn't better than Eminem just because you assigned Nicki to Sentry and Eminem to Nightwing...

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Thor & Superman agree to kill themselves than to conitune listening to Linkin Park & Evanescence

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So essentially, you have to choose which artist/group is better based on which comic character wins? That makes no sense. Nicki Minaj isn't better than Eminem just because you assigned Nicki to Sentry and Eminem to Nightwing...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thread Fail.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@neongamewave: Oh OK. Different, but OK.

I wanted to try something different that`s the purpose instead of being linear.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pierpat

What the actual.....

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

What the actual.....

What`s the problem?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

What the actual.....

What`s the problem?

This makes no sense.

This is about a double battle with music and comics simultaneously acting as a middle ground medium, Thor represents for Evanescence if you think Thor wins then you choose if Evanescence is better than Linkin Park and vice versa, the same goes for Superman.

Thor is listening to Evanescence to prep, workout and during the fight

Superman is listening to Linkin Park to prep, workout and during the fight

There is no way anyone can debate linking park being better than evanescence for prep. and no way a battle between two comic characters should decide who's superior between two artists groups that are in no way correlated to the said characters.

So literally....

This whole thread is senseless.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat

That means you haven`t been paying attention to the purpose and concept of this thread........

Firstly you are debating two comic book characters and you are supposed to decide who wins between the two

After that`s decided, you can decide who do you like more Evanescence or Linkin Park its not based on the characters its based on YOUR choice....

And it has nothing to do with prep....... I added the prep element so you can have the idea in your head of how these characters would fight since music is a language and visual in and out of itself to communicate ideas to the imagination as well as mind. Also for the fact that a lot science related topics are centered on the power of music and which types of music get people moving, that is why I made that decision in the first place...

My vision with this thread was to have two battles of two kinds in one and to see how two perspectives can collide or conflict, it was to bring something different to the battle forums and to inspire that very same word, different...

Something with that much investment and consideration can`t be senseless, worthless or useless.....

Also this was only supposed to be a test to get a reaction and to get opinions..... Which is why I said if this goes well I can continue and only make it better from here on out...

Do you have any ideas or suggestions of your own?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat

That means you haven`t been paying attention to the purpose and concept of this thread........

Firstly you are debating two comic book characters and you are supposed to decide who wins between the two

After that`s decided, you can decide who do you like more Evanescence or Linkin Park its not based on the characters its based on YOUR choice....

And it has nothing to do with prep....... I added the prep element so you can have the idea in your head of how these characters would fight since music is a language and visual in and out of itself to communicate ideas to the imagination as well as mind. Also for the fact that a lot science related topics are centered on the power of music and which types of music get people moving, that is why I made that decision in the first place...

My vision with this thread was to have two battles of two kinds in one and to see how two perspectives can collide or conflict, it was to bring something different to the battle forums and to inspire that very same word, different...

Something with that much investment and consideration can`t be senseless, worthless or useless.....

Also this was only supposed to be a test to get a reaction and to get opinions..... Which is why I said if this goes well I can continue and only make it better from here on out...

Do you have any ideas or suggestions of your own?

Ok, ok, i get and i like the idea of innovating the battles forum, that while being good is a bit monotonous time to time.

But.....i really don't see the point here.

You are simply creating two battles that are for every and any mean separated and join them.

I don't see how having them in the same thread can make any difference than having them in different threads.

Even if i wanted to debate both, my post would be divided in Thor vs supes part and Linking vs Evanescence one, with no interrelation between the two parts, as if it where two separated posts.

So....this is my reaction.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat

I understand what you mean and I respect your opinion but I don`t see how that would be a problem when its a thematic thread. You can decide on two battles of two different criteria with your own choice, and with that it adds open-mindedness and challenge this thread already proved that open mindedness is a challenge. Also the two battles do relate considering the characters are listening to their music to battle one another based on the science of music and its effects on the body as well as mind.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoassassin: That's what it seems like. The OP said "this is about a double battle with music and comics simultaneously acting as a middle ground medium" so I'm still trying to figure out if their supposed to be linked somehow, but it seems like there's no real connection, just your pick in each battle. Since Superman/Thor has been done--a lot--I'm siding with Thor because I hate Superman. Also, I'd take Linkin Park Park over Evanescence (black people listen to rock too...)

@neongamewave: Something just occurred to me. Are you saying that their prep, workout, fighting, and overall mindstate are being affected by what they're listening too? Are you essentially asking which music choice gives the advantage to the combatant, while simultaneously allowing us to pick our personal preference (i.e. "then you choose if Evanescence is better than Linkin Park")?

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, lets see...which band has heavier and louder music, that shall determine who would fight harder and train harder.

I think Linkin Park has the heavier and louder music, So Superman would probably go all Hardcore rock on Thor.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NeonGameWave

@oreoassassin said:

@neongamewave: Isnt this just Thor vs Superman with music?

Its a thematic double battle. You pick who wins in either scenairo and you can connect the music to the match the way you want as the prep in the OP is an example of what I mean.

@indomitableregal said:

@oreoassassin: That's what it seems like. The OP said "this is about a double battle with music and comics simultaneously acting as a middle ground medium" so I'm still trying to figure out if their supposed to be linked somehow, but it seems like there's no real connection, just your pick in each battle. Since Superman/Thor has been done--a lot--I'm siding with Thor because I hate Superman. Also, I'd take Linkin Park Park over Evanescence (black people listen to rock too...)

@neongamewave: Something just occurred to me. Are you saying that their prep, workout, fighting, and overall mindstate are being affected by what they're listening too? Are you essentially asking which music choice gives the advantage to the combatant, while simultaneously allowing us to pick our personal preference (i.e. "then you choose if Evanescence is better than Linkin Park")?

Pretty much, I wanted to try something fun and different :) I wanted to get people to think so they can think outside the box.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jmarshmallow

I don't think this is smt we can debate on.....

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if they both listen to bring me to life?

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: OK. Then if my understanding is correct, this is actually a very interesting and unique thread and I think you should make more like this. You'll probably have to edit the OP a bit since many people are confused, but overall I like the concept.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By johnfrank120

Batman still wins.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IndomitableRegal

Thanks and I really want to! Good point and I agree, thanks for the kind words also thanks for being so awesome :)