#1 Edited by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio

ASSAULT AT INVASION 

50 Standard Issue Clone Troopers Commanded by Capt. America vs. 100 Avatar Na'vi Warriors Commanded By Catman 

Weapons for the Clones:

1. DC-15A Blaster (x100 Rounds)

2. Power-Machete's (x1, Can be placed as Bayonet)

3. Regular Med-Packs (x1, :10 Seconds to Apply after wound, or death)

Armour for Clones:

1. Phase 1 Armour, Plastiod Covered (Can be Penetrated by Na'vi's Poisonious Armours in the Joints area - After Fire Burns on Armour for :15 Seconds it will reach the flesh.)

Weapons for Na'vi:

1. Warbow (x20 Regular Sharpened Poisoned Arrows, x15 Regular Sharpened Fire Encased)

2. Warband Axe (x1, One side is Blunted Mineral and the other is a Sharp Banshee Tooth)

Armour for Na'vi:

1. Extremeley Agile Banshee Hide (Can Be Penetrated by Blaster Rounds)

Overview:

They are fighting at the Call of Duty Map, Invasion. 

Capt. America's Tactics - He set up two Sniper posts holding 2 men each with specialized weapons (DC-15A, Sniper Attachment). The Na'vi are unaware of this. He has 46 men in his outpost he's trying to

defend from the Assault. They have to hold it for 7 hours or if they can't their evac won't arrive. Capt. is trying to hold the Na'vi 50 yards away from outpost. Capt. America cannot fight, neither can Catman.

Catman's Tactics - Catman set up 4 strike forces to hit the outpost in waves. The first light blue arrow heading towards the outpost will have a ton of accurate shots, and the second will bring in the fire arrows so the strong warriors from both sides can get into the outpost. Hes trying to get his men into close combat as soon as possible.

Light Blue One - 25 Na'vi
Light Blue Two - 25 Na'vi
Dark Blue One - 25 Na'vi
Dark Blue Two - 25 Na'vi

Tell me who will win! Please use detail I'd like to hear from you. 

#2 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Any thoughts.
#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Stormtroopers were beaten by Ewoks so I reckon I'll go with Kevin Costner's side, I mean Pocahontas' side, I mean the Na'vi, sorry.

This should be a battle of who's the bigger douchebag; George Lucas or James Cameron? 

Btw, Star Wars owns :)

#4 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
 I mean Pocahontas' side, I mean the Na'vi, sorry.  

Psh hahaha.
#5 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@forthegreatergood: Also, in my cynicism, I forgot to commend you on the effort put into this scenario; jolly good job =]

Nevertheless, PIS aside (aka Ewoks), the Clone Troopers should probably win, since those Snipers, after they pick a few Na'vi off, ought to mean that the Na'vi will retreat into a more siege-like approach. However, since the CT's will be receiving back up within 7 hours, the Na'vi will be nuked to hell with turbolasers.
#6 Edited by k4tzm4n (39427 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm, I'd imagine the Na'Vi would be extremely easy to tag on this map for the following reasons.  

1) They essentially have three choke points to take advantage and various high ground positions.
2) Their sheer size will make them easy to spot and even harder for them to use the various doorways. 
3) The highground and further positions have a lot of good sniper spots, so I'd imagine those guys would rack up quite a few kills. 
4) With Captain America commanding them, they'll be at the top of their game and in the best tactical positions. 
5) Your rules state their arrows will only poison a clone trooper if hit in a joint, making it even harder to kill them.  (Personally, I think the massive size of the arrow would penetrate that armor, but that's just me) 

That said, I still think it would be an extremely difficult battle due to the Na'Vis numbers.
Staff
#7 Posted by Achilles. (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

navi

#8 Posted by The Mango (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

The Clones win easily.

They are far more impressive and well equipped than the RDA mercenaries were.

#9 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango:
but it ends up with the large amount of #'s.
#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (39427 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango said:
"The Clones win easily. They are far more impressive and well equipped than the RDA mercenaries were. "

How the Na'Vai handled against the RDA isn't really a factor, since the Na'Vi had prep and home field advantage...Not to mention PIS...Er, I mean "nature" siding with them.  There's no denying they're physically impressive, and their sheer numbers here will make this a challenge, but I agree the Clones will take it.
Staff
#11 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n:
Truee, you have to admit though. If the Na'vi had some banshee's they'd storm in in 50 minutes.
#12 Posted by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio

Clone troopers seem likely to win.

#13 Posted by 651 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

bnavi

#14 Posted by csimon (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

Troopers all day
#15 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@csimon: Reasons???
#16 Posted by Mighty Max (470 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Captain America would organise the Clones very well and the Clones have the far superior equipment, I'm not sure what the Navi can really do against the clones futuristic armour at long range, the armour which was made to combat laser fire. Wait just read the start again so there projectiles can penetrate oh! I still think the advantage for me is very much with the clone troopers due to a superior training system (from birth), better comander and better equipment particularly the fact that the blaster rifles will have a far greater rate of fire. It won't be easy but I'd say the clones. 

Oh yeah nice setup by the way, really indepth and detailed! :P

#17 Posted by A Touch of Class (ATC) (591 posts) - - Show Bio

As somebody alreaady said previously, the size of the Na'vi will be a hindrance in this environment. I believe the Storm Troopers will be able to snipe a large number of them before they mount any sort of attack. Perhaps if the Na'vi was able to close in on them and get into CQC range they'll be able to turn the tables. However, with the way the map is set up and the distance they are from each other, I think most of the Na'vi will be gone before they manage to get close enough to the Storm Troopers.
#18 Posted by csimon (2207 posts) - - Show Bio
@forthegreatergood:
they hold there own against   Jedi
#19 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mighty Max: it took me 2 hours, thanks.
#20 Posted by karrob (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Well, Stormtroopers were beaten by Ewoks so I reckon I'll go with Kevin Costner's side, I mean Pocahontas' side, I mean the Na'vi, sorry.  This should be a battle of who's the bigger douchebag; George Lucas or James Cameron?   Btw, Star Wars owns :) "
Lmao! Well said
#21 Posted by ComicVince888 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Note that stormtroopers were far less competent then clone troopers.

IDK though.  A DC15 blaster has a maximum range of 10 km, which is far greater than that of any Na'vi arrow.   They can also make a half meter hole in Star War's version of concrete, so one hit and a Na'Vi is down. 

IDK if the Na'Vi's melee weapon can even penetrate phase 1 armor.  Clone trooper armor was pretty darn tough.  Heck, even bullets would be unable to penetrate them, so axes wouldn't do much..

Basically, I'd say that the clone troopers win most of the time.  The Na'vi might be able to penetrate their armor in the joints, but that would take careful aiming and wouldn't always hit, whereas the clone trooper's will kill or incapacitate a Na'Vi pretty much anywhere they hit.

Also, a clone trooper's DC15 has more ammo, like as in over 100 shots.

#22 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK if the Na'Vi's melee weapon can even penetrate phase 1 armor.  Clone trooper armor was pretty darn tough.  Heck, even bullets would be unable to penetrate them, so axes wouldn't do much..  

Axes and arrows have far greater momentum and thus penetrating power than bullets.

Regardless, this is an easy one for the clones.
#23 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicVince888: I understand the fact about the ammo, I was trying to make it fairer, a DC-15A has  500 rounds in a Plasma Charge so yes I switched it up. 

Though if you noticied it said in the weapon facts that the arrows can penetrate (in joints of course) and AtPhantom was right, Axes and arrows have more momentum. 

and yes easier a blaster shot can easily take down a Na'vi. 
#24 Posted by JediXMan (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's the 501st, the Clones should win.

#25 Posted by A_Mysterious_Guy (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think that the clone are lame. In the movies they always die from 1 blaster shot. I think that ODSTs would own Clone troopers. Back to topic. For the reasons stated above, I say that the clones would own.
#26 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: Do you think the mineral blunted side could penetrate or the banshee tooth side?
#27 Posted by Matezoide2 (16065 posts) - - Show Bio

Clones ftw

#28 Posted by adamwarner42 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Clones would win becaause the snipers could see the 10 foot navi from anywhere on the map and they would get most of the kills and Captain America is commanding them nuff said

#29 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.
#30 Posted by forthegreatergood (145 posts) - - Show Bio
Bump
#31 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
@forthegreatergood said:
" @AtPhantom: Do you think the mineral blunted side could penetrate or the banshee tooth side? "
I have no idea. Do we even know how tough/sharp those materials are at all?
#32 Posted by ComicStooge (16646 posts) - - Show Bio

Na'vi die...because I hated Avatar!

#33 Posted by Sherlock (7401 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic Fail for making an avatar topic LMFAO

JK Avatar sucks though

#34 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (15452 posts) - - Show Bio

This are the Clone Troopers, not the Storm Troopers, also since they are nameless Navi, it means they dont have Character shield.
The Clones win this one, i mean the Clone Troopers could take Jedis down. 
The only way to beat Troopers is with plot powers.
Since the Navi dont have a name and are random style characters they dont have the plot powers, for the same they lose.

#35 Posted by Johnslamby (157 posts) - - Show Bio

main reason team 2 loses is catman has no millitary experience or commanding troops and cap well yeah
#36 Posted by 12345F12345 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with the clones and cap'n here

#37 Posted by MisterWhisper (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

Clone Troopers, and easily.

There is a decent chance that they pull it off without even losing a soldier.