• 59 results
#1 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6248 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman ( Bleeding Edge ), Ms Marvel, Nova, WW Hulk, and War Machine vs Superman and Wonder Woman

Marvel team gets 1 day prep.

No kryptonite

no speed blitz

Morals on for everybody that have morals

#2 Posted by Pokeysteve (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. M, Nova, and War Machine are fodder. Tony might be able to come up with something with the 2 days and if not can't hurt either of those 2. WWH is the biggest problem but he can't stop them both.

Clark and Diana should win 7 or 8 out of 10.

#3 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

There only hope is if iron man can come up with a plot device in a day to win. I don't think he can.

#4 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6248 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#5 Posted by comic_book_fan (5715 posts) - - Show Bio

the team wins nova ironman and Mrs. marvel distract wonder woman while hulk beats supes then he finishes a tired wonder woman after that.

#6 Posted by Veravin (660 posts) - - Show Bio

No speed here might be the problem giving that that would have made the fight more interesting...the only thing that they have as long range options are laser beam and a lasso... I see the team winning.. 6.5/10. SINCE SUPERMAN HAS MORALS & HULK DOESN'T

#7 Edited by dondave (38435 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

There only hope is if iron man can come up with a plot device in a day to win. I don't think he can.

#8 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. M, Nova, and War Machine are fodder. Tony might be able to come up with something with the 2 days and if not can't hurt either of those 2. WWH is the biggest problem but he can't stop them both.

Are you kidding? If this is Richard Rider as Nova Prime, he might solo Superman and Wonder Woman...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#9 Edited by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@pokeysteve said:

Are you kidding? If this is Richard Rider as Nova Prime, he might solo Superman and Wonder Woman...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The picture shows the new nova.

#10 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@floopay said:

@pokeysteve said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Ah, haven't read the new nova. Though I do know a Nova with zero training and experience, and with the world mind, can blitz faster than Phalanx computer systems can register. And can hold up against the raw power of Nova Prime. So if the new nova has Worldmind, then this could end pretty quickly.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#11 Posted by Pokeysteve (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

@jashro44 said:

@floopay said:

@pokeysteve said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

And it doesn't say Nova Prime.

#12 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: @pokeysteve:

With 1 day prep, Miss Marvel can boost herself quite a bit and absorb a decent amount of energy. This would let her go lightspeed or better in combat, as shown against the Collective.

Nova I already listed.

World War Hulk is a brick, but unless he's allowed more he's not doing much.

The others are only really useful for prep, and if they have knowledge this could very well turn the whole match around.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#13 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@jashro44 said:

@floopay said:

@pokeysteve said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Ah, haven't read the new nova. Though I do know a Nova with zero training and experience, and with the world mind, can blitz faster than Phalanx computer systems can register. And can hold up against the raw power of Nova Prime. So if the new nova has Worldmind, then this could end pretty quickly.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Why is blitzing Phalanx impressive? IIRC Nova was blitzed by the silver surfer. I know silver surfer is very fast but I can't see silver surfer blitzing superman and wonder woman. Unless this is a serious low showing for nova I don't see him soloing.

#14 Edited by mjolnirson (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

50/50... draw...

#15 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Silver Surfer has multiple instances of him blitzing at lightspeed+, as well as multiple instances showing he is above nanosecond reflex times. I don't see why he couldn't blitz either of those two.

As for dodging Nova Prime, he was clocked at 8 times the speed of light when blitzing, yet a novice with only a fraction of his power was able to dodge him with help from the Worldmind.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#16 Posted by Elendil743 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark and Diana should do this... Iron Man and War Machine cant do shit against them, WWH cant reach them, and Ms. Marvel and Nova cant handle Superman and Wonder Woman

#17 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

Silver Surfer has multiple instances of him blitzing at lightspeed+, as well as multiple instances showing he is above nanosecond reflex times. I don't see why he couldn't blitz either of those two.

When has surfer blitzed at light speed? He has traveled that fast but he doesn't seem to maneuver that sort of travel speed in combat. And when has he shown above nano second speed? IIRC his best feat is a nano second one. His combat speed has never seemed to be beyond that of either superman or wonder woman from what I have seen.

As for dodging Nova Prime, he was clocked at 8 times the speed of light when blitzing, yet a novice with only a fraction of his power was able to dodge him with help from the Worldmind.

It was actually stated Nova prime charged at the novice moving 8 times the speed of light?

With 1 day prep, Miss Marvel can boost herself quite a bit and absorb a decent amount of energy. This would let her go lightspeed or better in combat, as shown against the Collective.

I don't even think Mrs.Marvel has the power or durability to do significant damage to either of them.

Nova I already listed.

The others are only really useful for prep, and if they have knowledge this could very well turn the whole match around.

What have any of them shown to build in a day that could help against superman or wonder woman.

#18 Edited by Sama_el (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman ( Bleeding Edge ), Ms Marvel, Nova, WW Hulk, and War Machine vs Superman and Wonder Woman

Marvel team gets 1 day prep.

No kryptonite

no speed blitz

Morals on for everybody that have morals

Let's read guyz, no blitz oO no kriptonite....soooo Hulk is BFR easy, IM/WM one shot...its regular nova since the OP didnt mention nothing, so what regular/current nova could and Ms marvel could do against SM and WW ? i really dont know much about hem so well...anyone?

#19 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@floopay:

Silver Surfer has multiple instances of him blitzing at lightspeed+, as well as multiple instances showing he is above nanosecond reflex times. I don't see why he couldn't blitz either of those two.

When has surfer blitzed at light speed? He has traveled that fast but he doesn't seem to maneuver that sort of travel speed in combat. And when has he shown above nano second speed? IIRC his best feat is a nano second one. His combat speed has never seemed to be beyond that of either superman or wonder woman from what I have seen.

It was actually stated Nova prime charged at the novice moving 8 times the speed of light?

I don't even think Mrs.Marvel has the power or durability to do significant damage to either of them.

Nova I already listed.

What have any of them shown to build in a day that could help against superman or wonder woman.

His best feat is above nanosecond, as it happened before a nanosecond past. His perceptions were also heightened to a point where a millisecond felt like several hours during Star Masters. I'd have to dig up the lightspeed feats, but I can recall 3 off-hand. One was weaving through astroids with Quasar, one was blitzing the Skrull IIRC, and I think the last was against his skrull clone.

It wasn't stated he charged the novice at 8 times the speed of light, but his mind was poisoned and he was completely bloodlusted and not holding back.

Why wouldn't Miss Marvel hurt them? Lex Luthor in his suit has done damage before.

It's not about what they can build, it's what they already have built. I'm not the sort of guy who assumes they will be building a ridiculous device in less than a day, however, Stark has a lot of equipment from the past that might help them.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#20 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

His best feat is above nanosecond, as it happened before a nanosecond past. His perceptions were also heightened to a point where a millisecond felt like several hours during Star Masters. I'd have to dig up the lightspeed feats, but I can recall 3 off-hand. One was weaving through astroids with Quasar, one was blitzing the Skrull IIRC, and I think the last was against his skrull clone.

The milisecond seeming like hours isn't a beyond nano second feat. I have seen the scan of him weaving through asteroids with quasar and there isn't anything there that even says he is moving at light speed. Skrulls have also shown to be inferior in some cases. Black panther defeated a skrull that had the powers of several heroes including his own abilities. So him blitzing a skrull version of himself doesn't necessarily mean he is blitzing at light speeds.

It wasn't stated he charged the novice at 8 times the speed of light, but his mind was poisoned and he was completely bloodlusted and not holding back.

Characters don't use there speed all the time for plot. The battle forum rules note that if it isn't stated how fast a character is moving then it is possible that they weren't moving at full speeds. Just because he is bloodlusted doesn't mean he is using his speed to the absolute best of his abilities.

Why wouldn't Miss Marvel hurt them? Lex Luthor in his suit has done damage before.

Lex uses kryptonite. Miss marvel is only a 75 tonner. She isn't in supermans league. She needs a ginormous amp to hurt either of them.

It's not about what they can build, it's what they already have built. I'm not the sort of guy who assumes they will be building a ridiculous device in less than a day, however, Stark has a lot of equipment from the past that might help them.

What have they built that can be a problem for either superman or wonder woman? The only thing I can think of would be Tonys planet destroying bombs he has access to in new avengers but he isn't blowing up the planet to win this fight.

#21 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It was stated he was blitzing them at lightspeed in narration. Him and Quasar were both stated to be moving at lightspeed.

Miss Marvel starts as a 75 tonner, but can amp herself quite a bit higher if she absorbs more energy. With 1 day prep and with the power supplies Tony Stark can give her, I think she can get herself dang near to full power. Which was strong enough to harm the Collective with a few blows.

Neutralizer, nanomites that eat radiation (if they land on Superman, they'd eat the solar radiation out of his body, and they are injected through an adamantium blade), various bombs and energy weapons, a weapon that can BFR something the size of NYC into the negative zone, and a few others.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#22 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

It was stated he was blitzing them at lightspeed in narration. Him and Quasar were both stated to be moving at lightspeed.

Can you get the scans?

As for the quasar instance this is the scan I have seen:

There doesn't seem to be any indication either are moving at light speed. Unless there is more to this?

Miss Marvel starts as a 75 tonner, but can amp herself quite a bit higher if she absorbs more energy. With 1 day prep and with the power supplies Tony Stark can give her, I think she can get herself dang near to full power. Which was strong enough to harm the Collective with a few blows.

When did Mrs.Marvel hurt the collective? From what I just looked into it would seem like she was stomped as binary in new avengers #18. Later she contained him in an energy field but she didn't hurt him...Iron man even stated it would last forever and sentry had to fly him to the sun.

Neutralizer, nanomites that eat radiation (if they land on Superman, they'd eat the solar radiation out of his body, and they are injected through an adamantium blade),

When has iron man shown to have these? And how would he know supermans power source?

various bombs and energy weapons

I can't think of any bombs or energy weapons he has that can do damage to either of them. Except those planet destroying bombs currently in new avengers and that weaponized star, but I am not even sure if he even finished building the star.

a weapon that can BFR something the size of NYC into the negative zone, and a few others.

I don't see iron man BFR'ing an entire city to the negative zone in character.

#23 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: First of all, he doesn't have to BFR an entire city, but he can cover a city sized area aimed upwards towards WW and Superman, putting nobody but those two in harms way.

I'll see if I can't dig up the Surfer's speed blitz.

I would still have to see feats for the new Nova, but if he has Worldmind and the full Nova Force, he should be able to at least handle these two. A standard Nova Corps Member is lightspeed or better. Even as a novice Rider was able to fly far enough away to turn the earth into a small dot on the horizon in only a couple seconds, and move faster than laser beams in a small area.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#24 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

First of all, he doesn't have to BFR an entire city, but he can cover a city sized area aimed upwards towards WW and Superman, putting nobody but those two in harms way.

Does this detonate faster then your average bombs? wonder woman and superman are also capable of out running an explosion. So they would also have to prep for that as well. Not to mention they would have to be out of range of the explosion themselves.

All right. Thank you. All though just to clarify (encase I haven't been entirely clear) when I say silver surfer can't blitz at faster then light speeds I am talking about maneuvering around an enemy at those speeds. I do believe he can bull rush in a straight line at those speeds.

I would still have to see feats for the new Nova, but if he has Worldmind and the full Nova Force, he should be able to at least handle these two. A standard Nova Corps Member is lightspeed or better. Even as a novice Rider was able to fly far enough away to turn the earth into a small dot on the horizon in only a couple seconds, and move faster than laser beams in a small area.

Both superman and wonder woman are capable of faster then light travel. Even in there fight in sacrifice maxwell lord timed them traveling from the earth to the sun and back in under 2 minutes IIRC. So superman and wonder woman can fly at faster then light speed they just can't maneuver themselves and punch at those speeds. They can still bull rush at faster then light. So I don't think this is the sort of feat that makes nova faster then either of them.

#25 Posted by dondave (38435 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: The New Nova doesn't have Worldmind

#26 Posted by dondave (38435 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@floopay:

First of all, he doesn't have to BFR an entire city, but he can cover a city sized area aimed upwards towards WW and Superman, putting nobody but those two in harms way.

Does this detonate faster then your average bombs? wonder woman and superman are also capable of out running an explosion. So they would also have to prep for that as well. Not to mention they would have to be out of range of the explosion themselves.

All right. Thank you. All though just to clarify (encase I haven't been entirely clear) when I say silver surfer can't blitz at faster then light speeds I am talking about maneuvering around an enemy at those speeds. I do believe he can bull rush in a straight line at those speeds.

Both superman and wonder woman are capable of faster then light travel. Even in there fight in sacrifice maxwell lord timed them traveling from the earth to the sun and back in under 2 minutes IIRC. So superman and wonder woman can fly at faster then light speed they just can't maneuver themselves and punch at those speeds. They can still bull rush at faster then light. So I don't think this is the sort of feat that makes nova faster then either of them.

Technically Wonder Woman wasn't flying with Superman, he just dragged her with him. Although IIRC she does have light-speed reflexes demonstrated when she blocked pieces of some God form the corners of the universe or something along those lines

#27 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I am fully aware the difference between travel and combat speed. The feat I'm thinking of he maneuvers around an astroid field at light speed in order to blitz his opponent, so it does show combat maneuverability.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#28 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@floopay:

It was stated he was blitzing them at lightspeed in narration. Him and Quasar were both stated to be moving at lightspeed.

Can you get the scans?

As for the quasar instance this is the scan I have seen:

There doesn't seem to be any indication either are moving at light speed. Unless there is more to this?

When did Mrs.Marvel hurt the collective? From what I just looked into it would seem like she was stomped as binary in new avengers #18. Later she contained him in an energy field but she didn't hurt him...Iron man even stated it would last forever and sentry had to fly him to the sun.

Neutralizer, nanomites that eat radiation (if they land on Superman, they'd eat the solar radiation out of his body, and they are injected through an adamantium blade),

When has iron man shown to have these? And how would he know supermans power source?

various bombs and energy weapons

I can't think of any bombs or energy weapons he has that can do damage to either of them. Except those planet destroying bombs currently in new avengers and that weaponized star, but I am not even sure if he even finished building the star.

a weapon that can BFR something the size of NYC into the negative zone, and a few others.

I don't see iron man BFR'ing an entire city to the negative zone in character.

#1 regarding Quasar's speed and durability, see scans below.

And #2, regarding Iron Man BFR'ing an entire city to the negative zone in character, he attempted to do so in Age of Ultron, not that he would need to do so in this case, a much more focused BFR method can be used since it's not an entire area at issue, just a couple of powerhouses he wants out of his hair.

@ancient_of_days said:

Martian Manhunter could probably solo due to TP, Hal can BFR Nova into a worm hole ... Lifeforce drain won't work if J'onn phases through Quasars shields and beats the hell out of him.

DC team is hella faster too

Nova travels from Earth to Hala in 12 minutes. Hala is in the Large Magellanic cloud, so an estimate of his speed would be somewhere around 7.43 trillion times lightspeed.

Show a scan with either of those characters surpassing this speed or theory debunked.

Nova (while still only at 17% power due to the Phalanx virus) survives the Rip, the edge of space where all matter and energy is torn apart. Pretty sure he can handle a worm hole.

#29 Edited by dondave (38435 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: It's Sam Alexander that's being used not Richard Rider

#30 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Do you have scans of wonder womans light speed reflex feat?

@floopay said:

@jashro44: I am fully aware the difference between travel and combat speed. The feat I'm thinking of he maneuvers around an astroid field at light speed in order to blitz his opponent, so it does show combat maneuverability.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

All right I was just making sure encase I wasn't being clear.

@spiderbuck The first scan with nova would be a travel speed feat. Not really a combat speed feat. I suppose BFR is possible but it will be hard to tag either of them with there speed.

#31 Posted by dondave (38435 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@dondave: Do you have scans of wonder womans light speed reflex feat?

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

All right I was just making sure encase I wasn't being clear.

@spiderbuck The first scan with nova would be a travel speed feat. Not really a combat speed feat. I suppose BFR is possible but it will be hard to tag either of them with there speed.

@willpayton said:

I'll respectfully disagree with you on this. Speed-blitzing is related to combat speed because speed-blitzing is not the same as ramming. Speed-blitz does include the ability to hit a person once or multiple times at high speed before that person can react to it. In the case of MMH, he was blitzing and hitting multiple opponents at high speed, not just flying into them.

The scan of Hal blitzing Parallax could be seen as a simple ramming move, so I'll grant that that one is debatable. However, it does show his ability to accelerate which is part of speed-blitzing. You cant attack someone before they can react without being able to accelerate at very high rates.

Nova blitzing Annihilation Wave.

#33 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@spiderbuck: It's Sam Alexander that's being used not Richard Rider

I know, thanks man. I'm only bringing it up because they are discussing combat feats for Rider.

I also feel that team with this lineup would lose against SM and WW.

#34 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: It doesn't really say how fast he is blitzing the annihilation wave. How do we know he did that at FTL speeds?

#35 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks all though not sure if this is FTL reflex feat. It says light like a small star, I think its talking about the attacks that are being launched at wonder woman and the way they look. I don't think its talking about the speed of the attack.

#36 Posted by SlimJ87D (10299 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Thanks all though not sure if this is FTL reflex feat. It says light like a small star, I think its talking about the attacks that are being launched at wonder woman and the way they look. I don't think its talking about the speed of the attack.

Yet Zoom just operating at light speeds can tag her and be hard for her to hit.

#37 Edited by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Well as I said I don't think it is a light speed feat. All though Zooms powers aren't speed related right? He is just slowing everything else down around him? So I don't know if that can be used as a showing against wonder woman.

EDIT: Wait I just reread the scan and realized it does say she is blocking beams of light....my mistake. I thought it was just some random energy attack.

#38 Edited by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@spiderbuck: It doesn't really say how fast he is blitzing the annihilation wave. How do we know he did that at FTL speeds?

Well, we know Nova was at 7.43 trillion times FTL in the scan where he blasted through a Kree sentry. I'm going to say it would be quick strange if he reduced speed by more than 7.43 trillion just because he is changing direction after flying his fist through an object.

#39 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

This is disrespect, there are at least two characters here that are a match for superman solo as a team they destroy supes and ww.

#40 Posted by jashro44 (22785 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Well, we know Nova was at 7.43 trillion times FTL in the scan where he blasted through a Kree sentry. I'm going to say it would be quick strange if he reduced speed by more than 7.43 trillion just because he is changing direction after flying his fist through an object.

How do we know Nova never went into hyperspace to go to the kree home world? Is the statement the only indication we have that he was traveling this fast or does he do it on panel? There is a difference between traveling through hyper space and regular space.

#41 Posted by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy out-of-context Nova scans, Batman! It's not like DnA firmly established that Nova can only transcend light-speed via stargates that took him into hyperspace or anything. Or that in the issue right before the scan where Nova travels at "7.43 trillion times lightspeed" (lol), there's an entire page where he opens a stargate and enters hyperspace to travel that distance.

Also not sure how anyone got that Hala is in the Large Magellanic Cloud (which is 163,000 light-years away from our galaxy). Is there a reference for this that can be presented, please? Because there's an issue of Captain Marvel where I'm pretty sure Genis-Vell explicitly states that Hala is only 30 light-years away from Earth. Which is, like.......a considerable difference. Comics! Who can figure 'em?

#42 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

There are several scans of nova going this fast or almost as fast in his appearances as prime, you can go to his respect thread or get the comics but he is extremely fast, and when he was nova prime it was proven in almost every appearance he was in, without the use of time warps

#43 Edited by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78 said:

There are several scans of nova going this fast or almost as fast in his appearances as prime, you can go to his respect thread or get the comics but he is extremely fast, and when he was nova prime it was proven in almost every appearance he was in, without the use of time warps

Provide all these appearances of Nova moving 7.43 trillion times the speed of light or almost as fast without stargates, and I assure you I will point out why they are all lacking context. Respect threads are funny things that way.

#44 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

I will admit 7.43 is prolly his max speed, but ill post scans soon

#45 Posted by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

I will admit 7.43 is prolly his max speed, but ill post scans soon

7.43 trillion times lightspeed isn't anywhere near his max-speed. Nova requires stargates to move faster than light.

#46 Posted by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention the 7.43 trillion C thing is a fan-made figure contingent on Hala's questionable location in the galaxy.

#47 Edited by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: New 52 Diana DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME FEATS AS PRE-CRISIS, the picture clearly shows it's new 52, your scans have no place here.

Also the picture of Ms. Marvel is Moonstone, Not Carol Danvers, although she is wearing Carol's uniform from Dark Reign.

That's the New Nova, not Richards.

#48 Edited by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the instance I was referring to, from Captain Marvel #22. Genis prepares to fly to Hala, by first locating Hala's star and estimating that the light from it took 30 years to reach Earth; thus Hala is around 30 light-years away from Earth.

Meanwhile, the Large Magellanic Cloud is over 5000 times that distance from Earth, so I'd dearly appreciate it if someone filled me in on where Hala was said to be in the LMC and why the LMC is only 30 lightyears away from Earth in Marvel according to someone like Genis who's permanently cosmically-aware of such things.

#49 Posted by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump because I still want to know where Hala is.

#50 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Ms. .Marvel is actually even a 70 tonner and I think that she wasn't able to hurt the Collective in New Avengers #18.Didn't she get stomped?