40k Ultramarines Run the Sci-Fi Universe Gauntlet

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

The Ultramarines get word of worlds in need of cleansing. They set on a crusade!

No Caption Provided

Fleet - 3 Battle Barges, 8 strike cruisers, 12 Destroyers, 31 Thunderhawks

Chapter - 1000 Marines (97 Terminators) and (roughly) 2000 Human Serfs.

Forge - 25 Predators, 8 Vndicators, 9 Whirlwinds, 14 Land Raiders, 26 Dreadnoughts (not including Drop Pods or Rhinos in the Chart above)

Special Marines - 28 Psychic Librarians, 13 Apothecaries, 28 Tech Marines

Rules

The Ultramarines are full strength after every battle.

They must not destroy the world but take it by force.

How far do they get?

Round 1

The Federation defending their home world during the first Borg Cube battle. Next Generation Era. 40 Federation Ships. 1 Borg Cube as a ally! Target Earth!

(Bonus 50,000 Red Shirts)

Round 2

Entire UNSC and Covenant defending Earth. Master Chief and Cortana included. Target Earth!

Round 3

The Empire in Star Wars teamed up with the Rebels defending the Death Star during Return of the Jedi. The entire Battle of Endor forces teamed up. Target Endor!

So around 1 Death Star, 1 Super Star Destroyer, 30 Star Destroyers, 5 Calamari Cruisers, 20 more Rebel Rag Tag Ships.

Round 4

Sovereign leading the Geth as well the Citadel and its forces. Shepherd and Team are leading the battle.They also get 5000 more N7 Soldiers (classes vary). Target the Citadel!

All the Ships as Pictured!

My Last Thread for awhile on Space Marine awesomeness. Out of the system for now. @Strider92: @Jonny_Anonymous: @Sethlol: @Chaos Prime: @Vrakmul: @Agent_California:

LordVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LordVulcan

I think the order of sides the marians are fighting is a bit off. but in any case gotta go with 40k. because nova cannons

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@LordVulcan: Thats only Imperial Battleships and Grandcruisers. The Strike Cruisers and Barges are more or less just Lances and Cyclopedic Torpedos. Also the dreaded Dreadclaws for Ship to Ship Boarding.

LordVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordVulcan

@CadenceV2: Even then each nova cannon can destroy a planet if I remember right. And boarding would be good for the marines there is not really anything any one sides security forces can do to stop them. Bolter is full out rocket launcher more or less. (and oh god did i really spell marines marians? hells wrong with me..)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

The Galactic Empire at its peak has atleast tens of thousands of starships, coupled with the rebel ships I think they can stop a couple dozen ships. Same kinda goes to the ground forces as well I would believe. They have the marines so outnumbered in both aspects.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@CadenceV2: Is Tigurius there?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

@Juiceboks said:

The Galactic Empire at its peak has atleast tens of thousands of starships, coupled with the rebel ships I think they can stop a couple dozen ships. Same kinda goes to the ground forces as well I would believe. They have the marines so outnumbered in both aspects.

Remember its only the forces on Hoth. Thats like all the Rebel Ships (like 20?) the Star Destroyers there (like 15?) and the Deathstar as well the entire 501st Legion and all Storm Troopers on board the Ships and Rebel Fighters on Hoth.

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2: Is Tigurius there?

Of course. I posted the entire Chapter Roster from 5th edition as a reference lol.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Ohh okay that would make alot more sense. Is Luke present as well?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

@Juiceboks: Yes. So is Palpatine, Vader, Chewie, Han, Leia, R2, and the much feared C-3PO. Ewoks too! its their Moon.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Oh man, the marines may have them in the troops department as all of them seem to be equivalent to a member of the 501st. I think in a space battle its a tossup but I think they can handle them in that department. Do the marines have anybody who can take down Vader or Sidious?

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nerdork

@CadenceV2: Another great thread. I have to give it to The Ultrmarines...aka genetically altered space Romans.

Round 1: The Federation will give a decent resistance with their space opposition, but IMO 40K ships have superior armor on their hulls and will be able to tank nearly everything the Federation can throw at them; however with the amount of Odyssey-Class Starships, it will be sometime before the Marines can mount an effective land assault, which will happen eventually. And there is nothing the military of the Federation could do to stop that wave of destruction.

Round 2: This will be an interesting fight, and will see a much larger space battle and the Ultramarines will have to board enemy vessels to win, which they will use their 2nd, 3rd and 4th companies and allow 1st Company to lead the land invasion. Terminators will wreck house in the tight confines of covenant and UNSC ships. Dreadnaughts, Land Raiders, Vulcans, etc. will be unstoppable on land, as neither the covenant nor UNSC have shown to possess ammunition, powerful enough, to destroy Astartes vehicles, at least not before a terrible terrible toll has been taken from earths defenders. Ultramarines will prove to be too much.

Round 3: The Death Star will be an issue, as it will take some time to destroy it, gving the rest of the Imperial and Rebel ships the distraction needed to counter-assault the Ultramarines. After what would be a vicous trade pf arsenal, the Ultramarines will board amd take control of the major vessels. Once the fight turns land-side, I actually don't think the Marines will be all that outnumber, and since 100-1 odds are considered to be good odds for a space marine, this fight may end quickly. Devastator squads will neutralize the AT-ATs and other Walkers with little struggle. The Vulcan's will pound whatever defense has been erected and bring the fight into the open, where the Ultramarines make piecemeal of the imperial and rebel forces. With the rebel flyers, it will take time to get them down, but a few Thunderhawks will deal with that. And the defense may have Luke, but the Ultramarines have all of their psykers. Marines take this.

Round 4: I, unfortunately, do not have any knowledge on this universe, as I haven't played Mass Effect. I am confident that the Ultramarines can win this, but I can't and won't say for certain.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pokergeist

@Juiceboks said:

Oh man, the marines may have them in the troops department as all of them seem to be equivalent to a member of the 501st. On land you're giving them access to AT-AT's and Snowspeeders among other things. It's hard to say but I think they can handle them in that department. Do the marines have anybody who can take down Vader or Sidious?

Chief Librarian Tigerous, Chapter Master Calgar, Second Captaon Cato sicarius, and any other of the 5 Epistolaries Liberians.

Epistolaries - While most Librarians never rise above the rank of Codicier, a few continue to develop their gifts and grow in strength until they attain the rank of Epistolary. Epistolaries fulfill two main roles within the Chapter: firstly as potent battle psykers who can combat the deadliest of foes, and secondly as psychic communications officers for their Chapter’s fleet. In this role they form the basis of the Chapter’s strategic command and control, directing fleets, coordinating mass planet-drops, and providing vital intelligence during invasions and assaults. These Veteran Librarians are powerful and their primary role, when not making use of their gifts on the battlefield, is that of the chief psychic communications officer of their Chapter. Even on the battlefield an Epistolary can send and receive psychic messages. Epistolaries have more mastery over their psychic powers than other, lesser-ranked Librarians, which allows them to use their abilities more often in combat than Codiciers or Lexicani. Epistolaries wear a Psychic Hood to augment their defensive abilities, carry a Force Weapon into combat and also have access to the full Armoury of their Chapter.

Tigerous

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Calgar

No Caption Provided

Sicarius

No Caption Provided

All i believe are quite Capable.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pokergeist

@nerdork: Nice breakdowns.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Rumble Man

@CadenceV2: They smash through everyone, just like a bowling ball running against a pile of cardboard boxes

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokergeist

@Rumble Man: lol

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Stompa

Star Trek goes down. There ships are are a bit inferior to the Space Marines and when their troops meet it's a stomp. Haloverse will do a little better with better troop battles but their ships will go down faster. Death Star will be a huge pro lem especially backed up by the Super Star destroyer. Palpatine without EU feats should be beatable for the marines but i say it's only 6/10 for the marines. Mass effect ships haven't impressed me too much only sovereign and the normandy could be a Problem but not for too long. In the troops Department mass effect get's slaughtert.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By AtPhantom

They fail at one. You're putting 23 capital ships against thousands. Starfleet could just ram them until they give up and still have ships to go. After the space battle is over the rest is just a matter of mopping up squads of now stranded marines with ground troops and orbital fire. They have a chance in the last two rounds. First two they're as good as dead.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jwalser3

Stops at 3. The Imperial Navy had so many Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyer. Plus, the Death Star.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pokergeist

@jwalser3: Not in that battle. Only what was at Endor. 1 Super Star Destroyer, like 15 or so Star Destroyers, and less than that in Rebel Ships and Mon Calamari Cruisers.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pokergeist

@AtPhantom said:

They fail at one. You're putting 23 capital ships against thousands. Starfleet could just ram them until they give up and still have ships to go. After the space battle is over the rest is just a matter of mopping up squads of now stranded marines with ground troops and orbital fire. They have a chance in the last two rounds. First two they're as good as dead.

There was not that many in the movie that fought the Borg Cube.

I like to say it was First Contact but could be wrong.... Anyway it was more like 20 or 30 ships in there against 1 Borg Cube. Maybe you knwo the name of the Movie/Episode?

Also the Battle Barge is larger than 40 Federation Ships combined. Plus its shields have tanked world destroying Nova Cannons and Cyclopedic Torpedos.

That is not including their is 3 Battle Barges, 8 Strike Cruisers (little than half the size) and the 12 Destroyers (green one on the bottom)

So if a Battle Barge can tank 2-3 World Busting attacks i think its Void Shields can easily tank Ramming Mosquitoes....

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Can the people you've named go toe to toe with Sidious? The same man who has destroyed fleets of starships with a dark hole of force energy and can enslave the minds of millions? If not then that may be a huge problem for the marines.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pokergeist

@Juiceboks: I see why not. Sideus was so powerful then he should have Warp Hole the rebel fleet lol.

Also Tigerius banish over a couple thousand Demons with his mind alone and mentally held out against Demon Prince M'Kar (a casual Planet wrecker I might add) with his mind. Thats not including the other Psykers here who are right below Tigerius. Tigerius even touched and mind raped the Hive Mind. A Mind that stretches over half the galaxy and shuts down Psykers powers.

Thats a feat.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Fem Shep solos :)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

lol wheres the fun in that?

In that case the 40k team would probably take this. The ME team may be the only ones that can stop them for good then.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pokergeist

@Jonny_Anonymous: She does seem more OP than Male Shep lol.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AtPhantom

@CadenceV2:

1. When I wrote that, the OP still claimed it was the ENTIRE Federation. This makes it a lot closer, but it only means that even if they survive, they'll fail in round two.

2. Exterminatus weapons are strategic weapons of mass destruction. They are never used against ships. Any claim that a battle barge can tank a planet busting attack is going to need a f%^kton of evidence.

3. Nobody cares how big a battle barge is (Though it should be pointed out the ships in those pics are battleships) because power does not scale up with size through different universes. Star Trek ships are more powerful than ME ships despite being smaller. You can't just assume bigger is better automatically.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daak1212

40 K stomps.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokergeist

@AtPhantom: 1) I still dont know what episode that was or movie. Im guessing First Contact, either way I put numbers on there.

2) I will go through my novels or codexes, but I know Cyclopedic been launched at ships before.

3) Battle Barges are near same size as Battleships by exact measuerments. They are outfitted differently and have stronger armour as well shields. No Iassume by gauging wats of power. Star Trek weapons seem way lower than Star War ships and 40K specs are even higher than Star Wars.

Did my research on Spacebattles.com

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chaos Prime

25 Libarians? wots stopping em from Brain Freezing every Pilot/navigator/crew on those ships?

Imo once again the Ultramarines clear the Gauntlet :)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#30  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@CadenceV2: It is First Contact

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pokergeist

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@CadenceV2: It is First Contact

Cool thought so.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By weaponxx

so... what's an ultramarine?

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Chaos Prime

@weaponx said:

so... what's an ultramarine?

Probably the perfect fighting machine with the Human stats that make Captain America look/act like ur average Joe.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AtPhantom

@CadenceV2:

1. Yeah, it was First Contact.

2. Sure, I'll wait.

3. Then why even bring it up? You just put forward up a point you knew was completely irrelevant.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jwalser3
No Caption Provided

@CadenceV2: Could something like this work? I don't see why not.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pokergeist

@jwalser3: Yeah it could. Its hard to tell it would work cuase Palpatine didnt do that to the Rebel Fleet (easy win, no?) and his Fleet would be mix up with the Ultras.

Also I dont know if the Combine Psychic power of the Psyker Marines or the Geller Fields (Design for Warp Storms and Warp Holes) can prevent damage from that.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jwalser3

@CadenceV2: Well I would think Palpatine didn't do anything this powerful in the movies for the plots sake....Can you imagine the battle of Endor ending like this, haha.

Also, do you have any legitimate source for the size of their Battle Barges? I am curious on the size and weapons they carry. As for a pyshic battle, IIRC Palpatine is on a planetary level(mind wiping all of Coruscant IIRC)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokergeist

@jwalser3:

That is a battle Barge is the same size of the Battleship in this pick.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

All info on Space Marine Fleet and Weapons. also Space Marine use dreadclaws to shoot into the side of ships and Board them with 5-10 Man Sqauds of Space Marine killing all inside. Added to this is Terminators that can Teleport onto Ship 5 at a time and clean out a whole bridge with ease.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jwalser3

@CadenceV2: Ugh, yeah see that motivational photo. I have a hard time believing the size of the ship. I read the scans, I didn't see a size to confirm that one Battle Bergade dwarfs all those.

If Palpatine can suck in 1 on the Battle Bergades and a few thunderhawks, and smaller targets. While the Super Star Destroyer can use its' Ion cannons to disable the computers of one and have the rest of the fleet to fight the other one. Plus the Rebel fleets' Y-Wings have Ion cannon that can break through shields.

But I gotta say, the Bombardment cannons sound sick.

Mirabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mirabel

Why are the reapers round 4? Reaper weapons max out at 500 kilotons. This isn't enough to so much as scratch the paint on a 40k spaceship. Not to mention mass effect shields are absolute and total crap against energy weapons. The reapers would get reamed by a System Defense patrol fleet, never mind the Ultramarine's navy.