jlavengerx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jlavengerx77

They are all in their classic versions.Random encounter.                   F4 
                                                                                                                  Mr Fantastic 
                                                                                                                  Invisible Woman 
                                                                                                                  Human Torch 
                                                                                                                  Thing 

Xmen 
                                                                                                                    Wolverine 
                                                                                                                     Storm 
                                                                                                                     Nightcrawler 
                                                                                                                     Colossus 

No BFR. Win is by KO or Death. Fight takes place in the NYC. No force fields inside a body. No blocking oxygen. No teleporting off body parts                                                                                        
                                                                                                   Who wins?
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xmenfallen

x-menfirst colossus will keep rock guy busy
storm will try to take down human torch which is very very easily 
wolvie and nc will try to keep invi woman busy since they can sense her while invisible 
storm will summon a blizzard to keep reed weak and take him out including thing if he survives colossus
then all of them will try to take out invi woman

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Hmmmm..close call but I'll take the FF...
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Son Of Storm
It could go either way. But for now I'll take X-men.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IcePrince_X

Since this is the classic version, X-Men.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Theodore

X-Men

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By rbysjti

The X-Men will win. 

The classic fantastic four were less powerful than now

jlavengerx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jlavengerx77

I did classic because if it was current it would be a stomp in the x men's favor thanks to Storm
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Power NeXus

Since it's classic versions, I think the X-Men take this easily.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

By classic do you mean Ben is only at class 5 strength levels? 

If so then the X-Men handily.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Tough call, Thing has stood toe to toe with Hulk a few times (got slaughterd I know, but he has traded punches) so he can keep Colossus busy for quite some time. 
Human Torch vs Storm would be an intresting airiel battle.
I would think Nightcrawller would go after Sue as he would be more affective against her forcefields than Wolverine. 
Speaking of Wolverine, he would get imbaressed by Mr. Fantastic here. 

So my victors in each battle go like this.... 
Colossus via KO
Storm via Artic cold front
Invisible Woman via exaustion 
Mr. Fantastic via humiliation 

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Roddy010

The X-men....

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Magian

Each one of these teams could win.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Power NeXus
@Donovan Montgomery said:
"Tough call, Thing has stood toe to toe with Hulk a few times (got slaughterd I know, but he has traded punches) so he can keep Colossus busy for quite some time. Human Torch vs Storm would be an intresting airiel battle.I would think Nightcrawller would go after Sue as he would be more affective against her forcefields than Wolverine. Speaking of Wolverine, he would get imbaressed by Mr. Fantastic here.  So my victors in each battle go like this.... Colossus via KOStorm via Artic cold frontInvisible Woman via exaustion Mr. Fantastic via humiliation  ____________________________ brings it down to Colossus vs Reed and Sue vs Storm I'll finish the finals in another post. "

Op says we're going with the classic (60's and 70's) versions of the characters. Back then, the Thing was only a 5 tonner, and Invisible Woman could hardly do anything at all with her force fields. The X-Men, on the other hand, started off fairly powerful. I think classic Colossus was somewhere around 70 tons, and Storm was already known as the powerhouse of the team.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@Power NeXus:
Point taken.  Thing, even then, took on the Hulk and stood his ground so I can see that battle lasting a few solid minutes. 
The rest still stand, as for the final battle, with your reasoning in mind, it will come down to Storm and Colossus vs Reed. 
With this two on one, the X-Men finish with relative ease.
Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Obtrusive

Wolverine would be able to hold off the thing just fine, there was one thing I read once where 3 x men were able to hold off the FF, and wolverine was poisoned.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17  Edited By The_Martian

Fantastic Four wins.

cortlin626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cortlin626

X-MEN  
STORM CAN TAKE OUT HT AND MR. F BY JUST USING BLIZZARD

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By Erik
@jlavengerx77 said:
"
They are all in their classic versions.Random encounter.                   F4 
                                                                                                                  Mr Fantastic 
                                                                                                                  Invisible Woman 
                                                                                                                  Human Torch 
                                                                                                                  Thing 

Xmen 
                                                                                                                    Wolverine 
                                                                                                                     Storm 
                                                                                                                     Nightcrawler 
                                                                                                                     Colossus   No BFR. Win is by KO or Death. Fight takes place in the NYC. No force fields inside a body. No blocking oxygen. No teleporting off body parts                                                                                                                                                                                           Who wins? "
So you chose to severely handicap Sue why? By the way, FF still wins. Even classic versions were better than classic X-Men. 

Classic Wolverine - Only had accelerated healing, not a healing factor. 
Classic Storm - Not nearly as powerful as she is today. 
Classic Nightcrawler - Might be better because he was alive back then. 
Classic Colossus - Not nearly as good in any department before Magneto improved him. 

While the FF have remain pretty much the same with the exception of Torch getting a big boost in power. Sue even protected the entire FF at ground zero of a nuke in classic versions. 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Power NeXus

@erik:  

Classic Wolverine - Only had accelerated healing, not a healing factor

Classic Wolverine could heal. The writers just hadn't delved into that power yet. But even in the earliest issues he was seen being bitten by a velociraptor and being thrown through walls by Juggernaut without any real harm.  

Classic Storm - Not nearly as powerful as she is today

That's not saying much at all. Current Storm is nearly on the Omega level. Even classic Storm was pretty dang powerful. She very nearly beat classic Magneto once. Plus, her ability to conjure up blizzards will very easily put down Mr Fantastic (weak to temperature extremes) and Human Torch (classic Spider-Man once beat him just by busting a fire hydrant and spraying it at him).  

Classic Nightcrawler - Might be better because he was alive back then. 

-__- 

Classic Colossus - Not nearly as good in any department before Magneto improved him. 

Classic Colossus also once beat the living sh#t out of Magneto, went toe-to-toe with Juggernaut, and solo curbstomped a group of robots that had given the Avengers a solid fight. Even back then, all evidence seems to put him at least at the 70 ton strength level (as opposed to classic Thing, who was at the 5 ton level). 

While the FF have remain pretty much the same with the exception of Torch getting a big boost in power. Sue even protected the entire FF at ground zero of a nuke in classic versions. 

Wrong. 
Reed: the only one who is pretty much the same 
Ben: Currently a 100 tonner, but classic version was a 5 tonner 
Johnny: Much more powerful now than he was then 
Sue: The most powerful member now, but halfway useless back then. Despite a few good feats from back in that era, Sue was almost invariably the one member of the team who always got into trouble or got captured, and the rest of the team would have to save her. The large majority of what she did back then was turn herself invisible, and occasionally set up extremely simple and basic force fields.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By charlieboy

i think the ff would win. reed would outthink them. or come up with some device. and nightcrawler or storm could be taken down by a invisible forceball. reed could entrap colossus. and the thing could knock wolvie out. not to mention the torch's fire power.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Manchine

Got to give to the FF.   

Sue Stomps Wolverine 
Reed beats out Nightcrawler 
Storm Beats Torch (I use to say the opposite but I got to give it to storm here) 
Thing out fights Colossus.
jlavengerx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jlavengerx77
@erik:
Because if I did Sue would kill them all in a second.
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xmenfallen

the x-men will win BUT if sue can use the force field in their bodies thingy f4 will win but it is classic so x-men

storm makes a blizzard then ht is out then to her surprise reed is weakened by her blizzard so she strikes him with lightning then he is out
while storm is still doing that thing will fight colossus but colossus wins cause he is stronger
wolvie and nightcrawler will keep sue busy then th x-men gangs up on poor sue

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By charlieboy

naw storm gets stomped by an invisible force ball.
jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jflash94

Xmen if this was now and morals didnt apply this would be a blood bath XD 

(poor poor Xmen and the thing
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Roddy010
@charlieboy:  Storm has the abilities to manipulate the energies that govern weather as well as the perception of ALL forms of energy which makes her immensely cogent member to the team...This also means that She will be able to see Invisible woman and as well as an "invisible forceball"....I doubt it she will just sit there and let a "forceball" hit her...
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By charlieboy

she cannot see the invisible. when has she ever shown that power   she can see the world in terms of energy yes. and that allows her to manipulate the weather. but she cannot see the invisible. . sue could just form the ball right over her and smack her on the head. sue richards could totally take out storm. plus reed is being totally underestimated here. the ff have beat tougher foes than the x-men in this time period.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Roddy010
@charlieboy: You don"t understand....Invisible woman still has a nervous system with glittering cataracts even while she is invisible...When she uses her force fields she is letting of a type of energy that normal people are not able to see...Storm can "see" the patterns of energy in the air from the flow of electrons leading to a burst of lightning to the glittering cataracts of the human nervous system...So Storm will be able to see the energy that Sue emits in her shields as well as the cataracts in her nervous system....and you're right Sue can take down Storm but the same can also be said about Ororo.....
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Power NeXus
@Roddy010:
Nicely explained =]
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xmenfallen

now i have an idea on how this battle can go
first storm makes it rain eliminating humantorch and so the x-men can see if iw goes invisible storm doesnt need to see energy patterns to see iw she will just make it rain then colossus will take on thing and wolvie and nightcrawler gang up on iw to keep her busy reed tries to attack them but storm flash freezes him if thing is still alive storm will strike him with lightning then they gang up on iw

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By charlieboy
@Roddy010:
storm can detect the energy patterns that govern the weather. show me one scan where she detects hyperspace energy which is where sue's shield power comes from. and show me one scan or tell me an issue where she saw sue or an invisible character. and a cataract is the clouding of the lense of the eye. i did some research and could not find what you were talking about. so cite your source for this please.
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By geometry
@charlieboy said:
"@Roddy010: storm can detect the energy patterns that govern the weather. show me one scan where she detects hyperspace energy which is where sue's shield power comes from. and show me one scan or tell me an issue where she saw sue or an invisible character. "

See... you don't get it. Storm has the ability to perceive the WORLD as different energy patterns. That's part of her canon powerset. Storm wouldn't be phased by Sue bending light around herself. I hope that helps.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By charlieboy

that makes a little more sense. i didn't have a clue what that guy was talking about. and could not even find anything about it after doing some research. and storm can percieve different forms of energy. especially from the electromagnetic spectrum. i don't buy that she could detect sue's hyperspace field especially at this time in her career. i still think sue takes storm. but ok. maybe she can see her being invisible. but would like some more evidence.
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

Fantastic four probably but there are other combination of x-men that would be more effective

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By geometry
@charlieboy said:
"that makes a little more sense. i didn't have a clue what that guy was talking about. and could not even find anything about it after doing some research. and storm can percieve different forms of energy. especially from the electromagnetic spectrum. i don't buy that she could detect sue's hyperspace field especially at this time in her career. i still think sue takes storm. but ok. maybe she can see her being invisible. but would like some more evidence. "

I get what you mean. But I believe Roddy was taking the potential of Storm's powers to their inevitable conclusion. Point being Storm can percieve the world in energy patterns. She can see the energy make up of everything. I'll even go as far to say Storm may not literally "see" Sue while she's energy perceiving, but she'll see everything around Sue. But Storm is nowhere near as naive enough to believe that this weird spot in her vision is anything but Sue. You get my drift? 
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By charlieboy
@geometry:
i get what you are saying but i don't think sue's invisibility is what takes storm down. it is her forcefield.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Erik
@Power NeXus said:
"

@erik:  

Classic Wolverine could heal. The writers just hadn't delved into that power yet. But even in the earliest issues he was seen being bitten by a velociraptor and being thrown through walls by Juggernaut without any real harm.  

That's not saying much at all. Current Storm is nearly on the Omega level. Even classic Storm was pretty dang powerful. She very nearly beat classic Magneto once. Plus, her ability to conjure up blizzards will very easily put down Mr Fantastic (weak to temperature extremes) and Human Torch (classic Spider-Man once beat him just by busting a fire hydrant and spraying it at him).  

Classic Colossus also once beat the living sh#t out of Magneto, went toe-to-toe with Juggernaut, and solo curbstomped a group of robots that had given the Avengers a solid fight. Even back then, all evidence seems to put him at least at the 70 ton strength level (as opposed to classic Thing, who was at the 5 ton level). 

Wrong. 
Reed: the only one who is pretty much the same 
Ben: Currently a 100 tonner, but classic version was a 5 tonner 
Johnny: Much more powerful now than he was then 
Sue: The most powerful member now, but halfway useless back then. Despite a few good feats from back in that era, Sue was almost invariably the one member of the team who always got into trouble or got captured, and the rest of the team would have to save her. The large majority of what she did back then was turn herself invisible, and occasionally set up extremely simple and basic force fields.

"
Right. Well let us take a look at this here. 
  • Wrong. Wolverine healed from that injury quickly and he noted that he "heals fast". It was also his adamantium that protected his body from major injury back then, or at least that was the writing for it. Even today his healing factor does not prevent injury. I do not know why you would think it would. Wolverine has been shown to be wasted by a few beers, took an extended time to heal from a battle with Sabretooth, and was even stated on paper to have accelerated healing. 
  • It is saying plenty. Storm was never anywhere close to what she is now with the exception of her sporadic loss of control and occasional freak outs. 
  • Juggernaut was nowhere near as powerful back then either so what is your point? Robots? Really?
  • Show me proof that classic Thing was only a 5 tonner? He has always been able to throw down with Hulk.
  • I already admitted that Torch has gone through a radical change. I do not know what you think you are proving here. 
  • Not true with Sue either. Poor, dated writing decisions is not at all what I was referring to. I thought it was pretty clear that I was posting about power. Sue's classic power feats are pretty in line with current ones, sexists writing for the classic Sue aside. 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Power NeXus
@erik: 
  • Wrong. Wolverine healed from that injury quickly and he noted that he "heals fast". It was also his adamantium that protected his body from major injury back then, or at least that was the writing for it. Even today his healing factor does not prevent injury. I do not know why you would think it would. Wolverine has been shown to be wasted by a few beers, took an extended time to heal from a battle with Sabretooth, and was even stated on paper to have accelerated healing. 
  •  

I know his healing factor does not prevent injury, but it does give him the ability to take severe punishment without being too badly impaired. Nobody without either 1) superhuman durability or 2) a healing factor could have taken attacks like the ones I mentioned, and just shrug them off.
  •  

• It is saying plenty. Storm was never anywhere close to what she is now with the exception of her sporadic loss of control and occasional freak outs. 
  •  

I realize she is far more powerful now than she was then, but saying that does not mean she was a wuss back then. Her major showings back then were somewhat common, and not just 'occasional freak outs'. 
  •  

• Juggernaut was nowhere near as powerful back then either so what is your point? Robots? Really?
  •  

You're discounting the feat I mentioned simply because it dealt with robots? wtf dude.  
    And though Juggernaut wasn't as powerful back then, trading punches with him at any time is a notable strength feat. 
  •  

Show me proof that classic Thing was only a 5 tonner? He has always been able to throw down with Hulk. 

I'm not much of a Fantastic 4 fan, so I haven't actually read most of their early books. The '5 ton' thing is just something I have heard from pretty much everyone else on Comicvine in fights that deal with early Thing. You are actually the first person I've seen to indicate anything to the contarary.   

• I already admitted that Torch has gone through a radical change. I do not know what you think you are proving here. 
  •  
    I was trying to say that Torch isn't the only member of the F4 who had gone through a radical change. 
  •  

• Not true with Sue either. Poor, dated writing decisions is not at all what I was referring to. I thought it was pretty clear that I was posting about power. Sue's classic power feats are pretty in line with current ones, sexists writing for the classic Sue aside. 
  •  

Again, I'm not much of an F4 reader, so my knowledge here is a bit limited. But I have never seen an instance of early Sue Storm pulling off any feats that compare to current Sue. Do you have any examples?

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Belladonna

Fantastic four

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Erik
    @Power NeXus:  
    • I never meant to imply that Storm was weak back then. 
    • Yes. Avengers robots from the classic days would get trashed by B listers today. So wtf yourself. 
    • True with trading blows with Juggernaut. But strong back then does not mean just as strong today.
    • Okay with the Thing. 
    • I see.
    • Yes. I do and will be happy to provide them for your collection.  I can provide more if you want to tell me what you consider the cut off is for Classic to Modern. 

Protecting the team at the heart of a nuke without injury.
     Protecting the team at the heart of a nuke without injury.
    navyBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By navyBatman

Storm can take out all of them except Sue.  Ife Wolverine  finds her with his senses  and takes her out fast ( well he of Kurt with his
    teleportation  ) , this battle goes to the X-Men.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erik
    @navyBatman said:
    " Storm can take out all of them except Sue.  Ife Wolverine  finds her with his senses  and takes her out fast ( well he of Kurt with his teleportation  ) , this battle goes to the X-Men. "
    Storm cannot take out Thing. She has no way to hurt him. 
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Power NeXus

@erik:  

I never meant to imply that Storm was weak back then 

My mistake then. I suppose I misinterpreted what you said.  

Yes. Avengers robots from the classic days would get trashed by B listers today.

Yeah, true dat.  

• True with trading blows with Juggernaut. But strong back then does not mean just as strong today.
  • Okay with the Thing. 
  • Agreed. 

Yes. I do and will be happy to provide them for your collection.

Hmm. The feat you showed was quite impressive. I was under the impression she had chosen the name 'Invisible Girl' because invisibility was the only trick she could easily do back then. I thought her force field powers took a while to develope. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Erik
    @Power NeXus:  
    • It is okay. I guess I was a little vague with how I worded Storm's comparison. 
    • Yeah. At first, her invisibility was her most notable power. Once she gained a solid grasp on her bubbles within a few issues, the Thing could pound on them with all his might and Sue would barely notice. 
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Erik

Here is a scan of classic Thing holding up an oil rig.  

No Caption Provided
    navyBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By navyBatman
    @erik: 

If a couple of these wouldn't work she can always blow him with his winds (she did it with WWH )
    navyBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By navyBatman
    @navyBatman:  with her winds (sorry for the mistake :)
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I've got to go FF, but sadly I feel most people don't know all that much about them anymore and the X-Men are merely just very popular. So they'll win in the vote, but I think (personally) FF would take it.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erik
    @navyBatman:  
    Lightning will not hurt Thing. They barely hurt Cyclops when she was going all out.  

I see you did not read the OP. Winds will not be very useful against Thing.