• 62 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Last thread was locked even though people seemed interested in the topic.. So I've upped th ompetition against Thanos. But did add a little more for Thanos - so its fair

Worldbreaker Hulk (with full control over the Power Gem)

Adam Warlock (Soul Gem)

Dr. Strange (Reality Gem)

Rune King Thor

VS

Thanos (Time Gem, Mind Gem, Space Gem)

Both sides recieve 2 Weeks of Prep

All combatant have full control and knowledge of the Infinity Stones

Battle takes place deep in Space.. exact location unknown.

Team is extremely motivated but Thanos is way beyond bloodlusted

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc
deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

RKT solos

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team's got this.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

Beata

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rune King Thor is massively more powerful than Thanos.....

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the infinity gauntlet isn't complete I don't see why any Skyfather wouldn't crush him.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Even with those gems? That's debatable.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RandomSid82

@randomsid: Even with those gems? That's debatable.

With the Gems, I'd say they are fairly even, but it's still a mismatch when a single member of the team is even to the other person.

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inhumanly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team stomps.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: No he's Not

Rune King Thor is widely considered the most powerful version of Thor, and that includes the version of Thor that made Galactus look like a child. Yes, he is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: All these versions. All these different levels id power for each superheros. It's Stupid

Thanos would wreck Thor with minimal effort

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: All these versions. All these different levels id power for each superheros. It's Stupid

A normal Thor, absolutely, but not Rune King Thor. Rune King Thor and Old King Thor(with the necro sword) would absolutely demolish Thanos.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@morleericks said:

A normal Thor, absolutely, but not Rune King Thor. Rune King Thor and Old King Thor(with the necro sword) would absolutely demolish Thanos.

Thanos has 3 gems here though and given how much he knows about the gem Rune King Thor wouldnt be a match for him. While RKT might be more powerful than Thanos normally, each individual gems have enough power to create entire universeS. Heck when the 6 gems went insane, and 4 of the gems got mad, they started creating and pancaking one universe over another that nearly destroyed the whole multiverse.

Gems used properly are vastly beyond RKT or OKT's powers. They are a class of their own.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spambot

I think Thanos puts up a decent fight but eventually loses. If Dr. Strange can actually control the reality gem then Thanos goes down hard. Thanos' only real chance imo is to start bfring people with the time gem. rkt would also know what Thanos would do since he has nigh omniscience and prob be able to counter it while the rest of the team stomps on him. I'm not sure Thanos could resist having his soul captured by Warlock either. Warlock has gotten the better of Thanos with the soul gem once or twice before.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:
@morleericks said:

Thanos has 3 gems here though and given how much he knows about the gem Rune King Thor wouldnt be a match for him. While RKT might be more powerful than Thanos normally, each individual gems have enough power to create entire universeS. Heck when the 6 gems went insane, and 4 of the gems got mad, they started creating and pancaking one universe over another that nearly destroyed the whole multiverse.

Gems used properly are vastly beyond RKT or OKT's powers. They are a class of their own.

To be fair, I actually overlooked the infinity gems in the OP. However, World Breaker Hulk, Adam Warlock, and Dr Strange each have a gem as well. And I still believe that Rune King Thor(you know the one more powerful than Old King Thor that demolished Galactus like it was nothing) could still go toe to toe with Thanos even with Thanos having the gems. The other three, each having a gem themselves would make it overkill, assuming of course that they know how to use their gems.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: I must admit, that I am very biased when it comes to Thanos.. Sometimes - like here - to a fault. I dont like seeing him lose. Lol So in my attempt of creating a completely fair fight I may have given too much to the team. I won't disagree if they are you choice to come out victorious.

But I will debate. :) When it comes to Thanos, even if I'mfighting a losing battle, I will continue my stubborness

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: I must admit, that I am very biased when it comes to Thanos.. Sometimes - like here - to a fault. I dont like seeing him lose. Lol So in my attempt of creating a completely fair fight I may have given too much to the team. I won't disagree if they are you choice to come out victorious.

But I will debate. :) When it comes to Thanos, even if I'mfighting a losing battle, I will continue my stubborness

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Thanos as well. But, even when I am a fan of a character I try to debate to the best of my knowledge on what would happen in a real fight. Sometimes I'm wrong, and I don't really see anything wrong with that since these are fictional characters that nobody except the creators of said characters can be said to be right all the time on them, but I do try to be unbiased at all times...sometimes I fail in that too, but it's not often.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team. 3 gems plus RKT beats thanos' 3 gems.

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bossdarksied355

During the two weeks prep couldn't Thanos just go back in time and kill all three of them when they were babies. Or just destroy their ancestral line so they wouldn't have been born at all?

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: When did old king Thor demolish Galactus?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RandomSid82
Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should still win.

We've seen that Thanos' soul nor reality can be changed or altered, he also has control over space time and mind.. He gets the other gems and destroys the team.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

To be fair, I actually overlooked the infinity gems in the OP.

No worries man.

Oh I was just saying Rune King Thor himself shouldn't be that much of a problem, rather than saying Thanos would win.

Thanos can't win this match, simply because Dr. Strange has the reality gem. We know reality gem is more powerful than all 5 gems combined.

You are comparing King Thor with Necro Sword with Rune King Thor.

That's entirely fanbased though. It's not like we have been every told or hinted that RKT is more powerful than the freaking Nekro Sword.

Besides RKT has done nothing to suggest he could beat Galactus, so you self made ABC logic becomes harder to accept.

This I can agree, though they don't need 3. Dr. Strange is enough.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Ah, i see. The non-canon story. Yeah, that holds no weight in this debate.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only person who can beat Thanos here, is Dr. Strange, as without he can destroy Realms etc, and fight off uber characters, and with the Reality Gem; he would IMO be above all here on the same Team...

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Ah, i see. The non-canon story. Yeah, that holds no weight in this debate.

I'm not going to hold a canon/non-canon debate here as if we actually held to that then no popular comic is canon anymore.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: It's not a debate . Future stories are seen as non-canon.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: It's not a debate . Future stories are seen as non-canon.

Doesn't matter what they are seen as. By definition just about all comics written today are non-canon.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Except for mainstream continuity.

Not really. By definition canon is written by the original creator. Almost no comic is written by it's original creator anymore so by definition almost no comic is canon anymore. A secondary definition is a comic that the creator gave permission for others to write.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Prep + Thanos w/ 3 gems = Absolute Win .

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worldbreaker Hulk (with full control over the Power Gem) - Do not see him as a factor.

Adam Warlock (Soul Gem) - Very important and has the Soul Gem.

Dr. Strange (Reality Gem) - With the Gem and prep he's a big factor.

Rune King Thor - Big factor, could solo if it weren't for the gems and prep.

VS

Thanos (Time Gem, Mind Gem, Space Gem)

Both sides recieve 2 Weeks of Prep

It could go either way but Tbh with those three gems and the prep time I still see Thanos taking it.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

team

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins, if they are smart they give all their gems to Adam Warlock (who has most experience with infinity gems) and watch him win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any new opinions?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks: I'm going with Thanos. He's a master of the gems and he has the most dangerous gem: The Time Gem. With The Time Gem Thanos can freeze time so that no one else can use their gem. In Infinity Relatively, Thanos was existing simultaneously in different time periods. The Time Gem, when in Thanos hands, is more powerful then all the other gems combined.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I have always been fascinated with the Time Gem as well.

Most of my Thanos battles, have him equipped with the Time Gem because alot of people believe it to be the Reality or Power Gem. I dont agree with that.

Could he really visit history/ time travel with the gem? I dont remember seeing that anywhere.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Says as fair as possible but gives the team Rune King Thor....

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Says as fair as possible but gives the team Rune King Thor....

Team is too much. They win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: And..

He makes little difference. The others couldnt do it alone

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Spambot

@pooty: Are you referring to that part where the alternate Thanos appeared to send him a message while wearing the IG? I'm not sure I would interpret that the same way you did. That was a semi mysterious thing that wasn't really explained. Also, RKT could prob counter time stop. I agree Thanos would be powerful with it. He could use it to bfr people though again RKT has the ability to see timelines and could prob counter that. I think chances are that if Strange tries to use the reality gem things go crazy since its been stated that even Thanos cannot control the reality gem without the power and time gems. No real way to say who wins a fight like this imo. Also, if this is current Warlock he has the latent power of Eternity and Thanos already admitted he prob can't beat him. So I would have to favor the team.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pooty

@spambot: That alternate Thanos was able to fight the real Thanos. Thanos was using the time gem so I see nothing that needs explaining. He used the time gem to exist at different points in time. Simple as that. I highly doubt any Thor can control time on the level that Thanos with the time gem can. If Thanos freezes time or makes them babies as he did the Runner then they won't be able to attack. The only threat is Strange and I don't see him using that gem effectively without the other gems. And Warlock has insinuated power but I haven't seen him use it . Also, nearly any attack can be undone with the Time Gem. Freezing time or de-aging are attacks that the team has no answer to.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Spambot

@pooty: I know that but my point is he wasn't just using the time gem, he was using the full IG and I don't think it was him in physical form, it was just a projection of him. Feats with the IG aren't the same since all the gems are powered to much higher levels than they usually are. I don't recall them fighting each other either. They met at the nexus of realities and chatted then went their separate ways.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Even without the other gems, Thanos was able to turn the Runner into a helpless old man and then into a helpless infant. The team has no counter for that

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: There is that but I he can't do it to all 4 of them at the same time. I would say the team is just too stacked. Current Warlock with the soul gem(or even without it) has almost unlimited power. RKT has his own time powers and rune magic plus OF powers. Current strange has blood bible powers. Its too much imo even for Thanos. The two weeks of prep is sort of a big factor though. Once you start giving two weeks of prep to people like Thanos and Strange its even harder to factor in what they could do.