• 163 results
arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By arv993

@arcus: yea she took forever to get up aang can jump that high easily, he would just have a little less powerful move but end result is azula blown away.

he did beat him so get over it, he won and sokka killed him. ur arguing with feats.

So these spirits are invincible she lost korra lost get over it she lost at the apex of her powers. Ur so obssessed with making bs excuses these spirits arent undying. Wan faced the same type that were corrupted by vaatu same thng korra had a faster one but she lost in AS. SHE LOT ITS SIMPLE. its plot its korra its how they wrote her she loses a lot. spirits are nt undying look at all the spirits who have died. dude get over her losing cuz this whole series is that she had what 2 wins all by herself, u call it plot when she loses all the time, no its cuz she is not that great she loses in her AS 3 times, lost so many battles to count

aang was handicapped and lost to azula i counted that, but him running away is not a loss otherwise korras losses go up the roof, she has retreated b4 and got beat by low level spirits in an ambush. yea in those ambushes he never wanted to fight but escape and save his friends big differnce, fighting an enemy who doesnt want to engage u and successfully getting away is not a win. korra got beat by low level spirits in ambush so if u count crap like that korra loses even more times and korra was caught when aang escaped Aang escapes from low level fire soldiers becuz its pointless to engage them as only more would come, engaging Cman is risking appa and his friends so escaping is a good option.

yea but her fire is ineffective, never that useful,yea its better than aangs but it wont help since he can dodge every thing she throws at him, she was ineffective with fire all throughout it wont make a difference to aang in a fight as much as other elements will. HIS EARTH>>>>her fire feats, her fire is so negligible in her fights she does better with air and water. her fire combat feats are terrible and only good against fodder

he was still too evasive for bumi's taste and he was right he needed to get fighting more and did so.

seismic sense helps u predict ur enemies and allows u to counter them easily, aang shows this in his training and against ozai.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993:

Funny he couldn't do that while they were fighting and could only do it without her there

He lost more than he won. It doesn't matter what Sokka did

So, give me an example of when this kind of spirit was beaten in a way other than Unalaq's technique?

Aang only retreated once from CM, so that excuse only takes you so far. He didn't run just because it was pointless, they ran because they couldn't beat him

Her fire feats are several leagues above Aang's. How many people did Aang beat with earthbending (since apparently that's all that matters)

Exactly, being direct and forceful can be effective, sometimes more effective than Aang's usual style

Seismic sense lets you read your opponents movements, essentially another way of seeing. It doesn't make you psychic

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993

He didnt need her for gen iron, my point was they were stalemating b4 toph helped him, the point is he could fight without getting neg diffed. he was not even trying to hurting but was on the defensive.

Aang could not defeat Iron without Toph metal bending his armour off. No matter how you look it, Aang had help.

He beat ozai AS is not considered beacuz going by that logic korra lost to a random spirit with all her paast lives which is whole level o patheticness and lost to unavatu in the same way. And with zaheer without past lives sounds like losing is a major thing for her.

Once again, you are ignoring the circumstance behind Korra’s defeats, or at least not considering them

Like i said she did a temporary boost that much is obvious, she can't throw rocks that far usually doesnt have that does an air sprout at that speed and on top of that does a fire jet move, so she does above avg moves seconds after a flash oh seems like it was a boost.

The AS is a momentary amp and only boosted her air spout speed. Nothing suggest that the feats that followed were amped

Again, what Korra did there is nothing out of the ordinary. She threw similar size boulders outside of the avatar state in the following sequence.

Both Mako and Iroh have performed propulsions feats that were on par with Korra's. Korra is better than the latter and AT LEAST on par with the former. Its not like korra hasn't demonstrated that level of fire bending before...

No Caption Provided

Korra has also been shown with the ability to bend multiple elements simultaneously. With all this considered, it is a certainty that Korra wasn't amped other than her air spout speed.

and if it was continuous why didnt her air sprout speed immediately slow down after the flash ended? She was clearly getting boosted by the AS. If her AS powers stopped right after her eyes stopped glowing she would not have been fast enough to dodge the laser and her sprout was still big and fast even after the flash stopped. Her bending was clearly boosted

1.) I never said it was continuous

2.)Korra went into the AS very briefly to amp the speed of the air spout, so she could dodge the beam. Only the air spout was amped. She did the exact same thing when she won the the air scooter race.

ur just trying at this point to make it that korra gets that as non-AS feat that u completely changed argument like arcus did.

I don't need to try. Korra has long list of top notch bending feats I can refer to. You are the one attempting to lowball and are desperately trying to discount her feats.

I think egwGRVEBF sums you up perfectly

“The only reason people argue this because they need a reason to discount Korra's feats. They can't accept the fact that Korra is quality bender and has impressive feats. So they just shrug off anything impressive she does as "she was amped" when she clearly wasn’t”

she lost to a spirit in her peak, thats her ineffectiveness, she kind of sucks. blame the writers?? lol she lost why are u trying to excuse her there she lost in her top form. Gen iron was a formidable opponent spirits arent undying AS should beat them but korra lost in AS.

Keep in mind that Korra had never fought a Dark Spirit before, especially one that was so fast and agile. Korra’s performance against Vaatu supports this.

The best Aang could do was fight evenly with Iron

He is better at water no doubt but aang does decently well with it in combat in ozai and Cman fight

Aang has virtually no combat feats aside the every odd season. Granted, his water bending was decent on that one occasion, but lets not pretend that fire blast was Ozai's most powerful.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96:

aang did not win 1v1 but he was holding him back and did no lethal attacks, he didnt need toph he was trying to calm the spirit down not beat it he even said without the armor the gen was more vulnerable and killed him by accident. toph helped becuz she wanted but there is nothing saying gen iron was going to win in all out match where aang goes on the offensive, he can use water to cut metal gen iron wasnt invincible. aang was even with him and the battle between wasnt decided but toph obviously made it much easier for aang to win.

i did consider it i kno she was at a disadvantage but there were instances she got manhandled which wasnt aangs case whatsoever.

yea she got owned, she got OWNED big time against a spirit with AS u cant get more pathetic than that, again another excuse for korra straight up losing. She was manhandled in AS her most powerful state not even tie but getting beaten bad is pathetic. The best aang could do is be even u say thats better than getting ur ass kicked by a no name spirit in AS. aang just shows how clearly superior he is right there. being owned and being even is such a big difference

i must have read it wrong i thought u said it was continuous, she had a boost for 5-6 secs yea it boosted her abilities for a longer time than an air scooter.

I'm sorry its you who discounts she is using a boost and kyoshi and korra have shown that a boost can extend more than one move. Oh so since when did korra throws rocks that far right after a faster air sprout with a fire jump. yea its above her normal capabilities especially the earth and air which is where the boost is clearly shown.

I meant korra is better just didnt put the s there in he lol. But that fire was huge and he took a mini waterfall to block it, he beat Cman with huge stream of water. Right there he has 2 decent combat feats much better than korra using fire to beat some fodder in repub city.

@arcus:

funny but aang has much better feats in pure jumping so him getting up there b4 her is a no brainer.

no he didnt lose more than he won, in 1v1 his record is still positive but korra lost 9x what she won if we go by ur standards. she won twice and notably only unalak was worth noting.

Wan didnt lose to them, they arent invincible spirits can die if u use enough fire power a all elemental AS move should do the trick. But she got owned so no point arguing she lost to a no name spirit in AS that is a fact. come up with a better excuse korra apologist.

running away is omething aang did many times unless he had to, whn he didnt run away he won, but if not he succeeded running away there is no loss there. aang ran from regular soldiers too its a pointless battle and risky, the fact that aang won in their confrontation proves he can take him on.

aang beat ozai with earthbending, and im not only talking about beating ppl with but getting good hits, he pushed azula back on the drill with earth. had excellent defense capability in the ozai fight all of which are great combat feats. yea what did korra do with it yea beat lituenant and in every boss battle it was almost useless, air was much better for her in comparison. her fire combat feats are crap she is not that great at it if she was it would be a lot more effective against the likes of zaheer, kuvira, unalak etc.

yea bumi taught him that lesson aang has been forceful on more than one occasion. aang learned not to be evasive all the time.

no said pshyic it makes u get a strike as they are preparing to land theirs, like how aang dodged ozai's fire blast with ease and put him to the ground, or it could seen in his training with katara and toph he can effectively avoid most ground based attacks, toph has it to a better extent but aang has the advantage of agility due to airbending which makes it really hard to it him especially with deadly blows.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993:

Except he needed Momo's help to get back up

He lost or was ineffective more than he won against CM

Wan fought different spirits, hence why they look completely different. Where's the proof that these particular spirits can be killed?

Yeah, he took CM on once, failed other times. That's not to say Aang's bad, CM's an extremely powerful bender

Pushing Azula is hardly an impressive feat. He beat Ozai with the AS, he trapped him with earth

So, what makes Aang's fighting style so much better? You criticize Korra for being aggressive, but that can often be better than airbending's avoid and evade

You could do that with regular sight too, Katara interrupted Azula's attacks.

Only airbending Aang has that agility

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@jacthripper:

With Four Korra, Korra could date Mako, Bolin, Asami and maybe former prince Wu at same.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@jacthripper:

With Four Korra, Korra could date Mako, Bolin, Asami and maybe former prince Wu at same.

That would be interesting

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By arv993

@arcus: proof spirits can be killed or at least hurt is gen iron, and wan has pushed the same ones back. spirits arent undying if so they would have wiped humanity out when they got and used bending to get food from the forests.

yea if he didnt aang could still get up there a lot faster but it would just end with a smaller air blast

korra lost to a no name spirit period in AS there is no bsing way out of it. raava plus korra should beat all but she didnt i would have been more forgiving if it was not AS but no she lost in AS, the raw power avatars display should be enough but she was just shooting fire instead of something like an all out elemental attack.

he lost to cman once when katara saved him, other times he wanted to run and successfully distracted and escaped and he beat him once. no one person beat a combustion bender in a scuffle except aang. pretty amazing feat there even if u count that against him he won most his battles while korra won what like 2 all by herself and he beat credible opponents too like Cman(lost and won), toph, ozai, zuko, azula(lost and won) and matched Gen iron in battle.

and his feats with fodder are a million times better than korra, he took out a dozen warships all by himself and took out many earth soldiers with ease. at best korra took out lik 4-5 bandit guys in my memory. even in just plain fodder feats which mean way less than boss battles he does better.

His feats are just plain better in fighting, korra is good at water and learned metalbending but her feats speak volumes as to the quality of her fighting skills.

pushing azula is a feat as he it was almost impossible to get a direct hit on her and she is a high level bender so yea thats a feat. he subdued ozai a guy who tried to sucker punch aang and he still had comet boost amazing feat there for both earth and seismic sense there.he blocked lightning with a big boulder(the kind that korra needs AS for).

seismic sense makes aang who is already fast and agile close to impossible to hit by a girl who focuses on throwing her elements around she is still way to reckless. if she wasnt just shooting air blasts and just blasts of every element treating it like fire she would have beat kuvira a lot easier, she was so predictable to most of her opponents and she never 1v1 beat a boss battle except for a small scuffle against unalak.

and the level of manhandling is unprecedented even if she was weaker, which aang as experienced like getting shot by lightning and when he was sleep deprived there was never a moment where he was beaten to a pulp like a rag doll. when she fought kuvira round 1 she went confident and didnt get a single hit on her that kind of thing and later ties with her kind of dehypes her big time and losing to a spirit in AS i cant believe i forgot thatlol.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Arcus1

@arv993:

We've gone over this, those are different spirits. Wan never killed dark spirits

So, you're mad that Korra didn't use a massive attack? Maybe she didn't want to wreck her home in the process?

He had to hide at the air temple, and CM was gonna blast the temple off and kill them

Really? There's been 2 combustion benders. Sokka and Suyin killed combustion benders

Pushing Azula is not a good feat. At all. I could push Azula if she was standing right in front of me. Trapping a guy who's ckearly battered and exhausted is nice, but its not as great as you're making it out to be

Proof about seismic sense doing that?

Lightning doesn't have near the same effect as the poison. That should be extremely obvious

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993: also, you keep obsessing over who Korra beat, but who did Toph ever beat?

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993

She was manhandled in AS her most powerful state not even tie but getting beaten bad is pathetic. The best aang could do is be even u say thats better than getting ur ass kicked by a no name spirit in AS. aang just shows how clearly superior he is right there. being owned and being even is such a big difference

I already addressed this. Korra had not fought a Dark Spirit before. This is clearly the case as shown by how well she fought Vaatu, who was far superior.

I'm sorry its you who discounts she is using a boost and kyoshi and korra have shown that a boost can extend more than one move.

Kyoshi is an anomaly and is the ONLY avatar shown performing a series of successive movements after the initial flash.

I haven't brought his up before, but what makes you think that Korra's mastery of the avatar state is as refined as Kyoshi's? Kyoshi's avatar state was clearly more powerful. In any case, we can only go by has been shown. Whenever Korra has gone into the non continuous AS, the amp has only ever been momentary.

Oh so since when did korra throws rocks that far right after a faster air sprout with a fire jump.

1.) Korra bends rocks the of similar size out of the ground.

No Caption Provided

2.) The air spout was faster due to Korra's momentary AS amp.

3.) Korra created a fire blast which propelled the sand sailor out of the mouth of the Shark. The raw power she demonstrates in that particular sequence was just as potent as her "fire jump"

4.) Korra can bend multiple elements the same time. One of those elements included fire.

yea its above her normal capabilities especially the earth and air which is where the boost is clearly shown.

I already acknowledged the fact that Korra’s air bending was amped.

I will literate my points since you are clearly not taking them in

Korra demonstrated simultaneous bending in her fight with the twins, which is what she did in that sequence.

Mako, who is at least on par with Korra, performed Jet Propulsion to the same degree when he prepped himself on the upper leg of the mech. Not to mention Iroh II, who sustained his propulsion briefly over a long distance, and caught up to a plane.

Korra bent waves the size of the golden gate bridge with a simple arm gesture and flash froze the mech, which had the durability to shrug off a building collapsing right on top of it. This was accomplished without the AS

With this considered, I ask you, why is the jet thrust/boulder feat outside of her capabilities, when other previous showings suggest otherwise? Why is that particular feat out of the ordinary?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang airbending >>>> Korra airbending

Korra waterbending >>>> Aang waterbending

Aang earthbending >>>> Korra earthbending

Korra firebending >>>> Aang firebending.

Round 2:

Aang airbending >>>> Korra waterbending

Aang earthbending >>>> Korra firebending

Aang waterbending >>>> Korra airbending

Korra earthbending >>>> Aang firebending

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By arv993

@arcus: but they were dark spirits that were taken over by vaatu he was nnever defeated, dark spirits arent all powerful

no not a massive attack aang has shown to use pin point all elemental attack which is one of the best offense it cut a gaping hole in gen iron.

oh yea sokka soloed him, suyin had a whole metalsquad and her sister not a 1v1. sokka is a legend in that aspect lol but he used a tactical move to win i meant in a bending battle.

yea the same girl who literally beat zuko to a pulp multiple times and got out of aangs and toph clutches with no bending, yea if u could even touch her i would not take u on a fight lol. aang was new to earth and exhausted and yet pushed her back, tagging a credible bender is worth mentioning.

yea the same guy was said to be the best firebender in the world and was trying to sucker punch him there too, he is one of the most credible opponents in the show, and he got subdued easily. and i mentioned his defense feats in earth were the boulders that korra used AS for.

proof of seismic sense being effective is any time toph uses it for her opponents like the earth benders, or aang in training or in his fight with ozai. in the training he shows with ease how he can underground to get out of big attacks from toph or katara.

near death is a traumatizing exp regardless, they even said that korra caused a lot of her own problem and she was internally setting herself back. toph and katara were on the same page on that one.

toph beat a legion of earthbenders who were better than ur avg fodder all at once especially since boulder and hippo were quite useful in the invasion.

took on two supposed earth masters out by herself and these guys were able to take out a whole group of criminals so together they are no pushover.

she matched bumi in pure earth bending in comics(best feat)

she beat korra who was at disadvantage like with the utmost ease.

she beat the ppl lin and su yin along with her sons were having trouble with in one move. toph is not even the protagonist and she has quite a lot of combat feats they dont get as many 1v1 but korra does and aang too because the show is named after them they solve most conflicts thus getting the most action. and toph was kept getting hailed as the greatest earthbender that title speaks for itself along with matching bumi which i found to be the most self explanatory feat there can be.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96: She had no excuse to lose she was in AS with all her past lives including wan and yet she was manhandled my problem is with the ease at which she lost. even in vaatus cases she showed good defense like using the sphere to catch him but not a good offense like an all elemental attack. aang had no idea what gen iron fighting etc but he matched him in AS which is what u start to expect from their demigod mode.

aang never met Combustion man and he ambushed them and yet he distracted him and escaped, i just dont buy how she could lose so easily in AS which is the apex of their power level and this is korra's prime with all avatars in raava.

im not saying it was the same level as kyoshi but the same concept she uses it to boost her powers for more than one move. post her air gif against the metal robot she does the same move twice with a single AS flash i dont kno where to get gifs but u posted it b4 but she does a flash an does the same move after the flash disappears which means she can use it in succession more than just one move , so it makes complete sense for her to use a 5-6 sec one to use it for 3 elements. aang pulled all the water up with the flash and then pushed the whole thing away after the flash what korra did goes along with those feats and obviously the kyoshi feat. It all adds up nicely

those rocks are somewhat smaller and she threw them way further in the other feat. and she did that sail fire move yes i kno but i havent seen her do earth and air on that level and 3 right next to each other, but she did have have a 5-6 sec boost right b4 so it seems a little to coincidental, there was more to it when she uses a flash for that long she performs better than normal feats especially earth and air at once.

the jet is not the main point GX i have seen iroh 2 and mako but her other feats in conjunction especially the air and earth which she throws way further and in rapid succession. u keep focusing on the jet i mean the rapid succession of those feats right after an extended boost.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993:

So who's ever beaten those dark spirits with a technique other than Unalaq's? Not just driven back or held off, I mean actually destroyed. Not General Iron, a dark spirit. You need proof

It's not hard to push someone when they're standing right in front of you, not moving, thinking you're unconscious

The guy who had just taken a beating from the AS...

All those show effectiveness when you can't see and offer no significant advantage over sight except 360 awareness

So...she beat fodder and mid tier benders. Kinda like Korra. Korra's 1v1 fights were actually pretty limited, and when she did have fights she was handicapped more often than not

Bumi wasn't using his full power in the comics, his feats at Omashu were greater

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Arcus1

@arv993:

Forgot, about the lightning vs poison, whether the effects were in her head or not, they were clearly far more detrimental than the lightning's effects, which makes sense

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993

She had no excuse to lose she was in AS with all her past lives including wan and yet she was manhandled my problem is with the ease at which she lost. even in vaatus cases she showed good defense like using the sphere to catch him but not a good offense like an all elemental attack. aang had no idea what gen iron fighting etc but he matched him in AS which is what u start to expect from their demigod mode.

Again, Korra had never fought a Dark Spirit before. The very fact that she managed to fight Vaatu evenly and overwhelm just supports this.

Additionally, you might also consider the fact that Korra wasn't all that spiritual at the time, which would have contributed her inability to win that fight. After she connected with Raava and Wan, she got better.

im not saying it was the same level as kyoshi but the same concept she uses it to boost her powers for more than one move. post her air gif against the metal robot she does the same move twice with a single AS flash i dont kno where to get gifs but u posted it b4 but she does a flash an does the same move after the flash disappears which means she can use it in succession more than just one move , so it makes complete sense for her to use a 5-6 sec one to use it for 3 elements. aang pulled all the water up with the flash and then pushed the whole thing away after the flash what korra did goes along with those feats and obviously the kyoshi feat. It all adds up nicely

Kyoshi’s AS feat is a bad comparison. Aang’s water bending feat was a single move. He bent the water in and immediately bent it back out. “Push and Pull”. It was apart of the same move. Water bending movements are unlike the other elements. They are fluid and continuous. In contrast, Kyoshi feat involved a SERIES of different, unrelated movements, and multiple elements(Air and Earth).

She flashed…split the ground in one direction, turned, and split it in the opposite direction. She pauses, and subsequently stabs her fans into the ground, causing the fissure to widen. She then rose the lava from the mantle, and then bent continuos streams of air toward chin, which pushed the Island out to Sea.

Completely different to what Aang did.

those rocks are somewhat smaller and she threw them way further in the other feat.

The rocks are are strikingly similar in size. The difference between them is ever so slight, and barely noticeable., if noticeable at all. You would literally have to take screenshots and put them together, and look closely at them to distinguish them.

The distance she threw them was the same. korra had not left the building.

and she did that sail fire move yes i kno but i havent seen her do earth and air on that level and 3 right next to each other, but she did have have a 5-6 sec boost right b4 so it seems a little to coincidental, there was more to it when she uses a flash for that long she performs better than normal feats especially earth and air at once

When did she bend Air and Earth at once? I recall her bending Fire and Earth, but not Air and Earth?

The flash amped her air spout speed. The feats that followed was not anything that Korra couldn't do under her own power. In contrast, it was evident that her air spout was enhanced because it suddenly got faster and bigger, immediately after she went into the AS, and was only a momentary boost.

The jet is not the main point GX i have seen iroh 2 and mako but her other feats in conjunction especially the air and earth which she throws way further and in rapid succession. u keep focusing on the jet i mean the rapid succession of those feats right after an extended boost.

So any attack that is done in quick succession is beyond automatically outside a bender’s normal capabilities, and is show of AS level of power?

Again, it is not like Korra hasn't demonstrated this level of power before. Your argument is biased entirely on Korra's Jet propulsion/boulder fears. and that they are beyond her capabilities. I countered that by drawing comparisons to her previous showings, as well as the fact that other benders, who are at least on par with her, have also demonstrated the same level of skill.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: she was in AS with the knowledge of all the past avatars including Wan she still lost to a spirit he had beaten. and even after she connected she was stillnot great her AS feats are crappy in general. AN avatar doesnt lose in AS that often but she somehow does. and dark spirits still die with enough power look at wan in AS beating them u just need a lot of power which korra didnt ut behind her attacks.

aang bent the ocean for a while look at the video he brought in the wave slowly extinguished the forest fires then pushed it out. it wasnt a one sec move that is similar to the situation here except aang did one big move. and kyoshi further proves my point she did multiple elements i have solid precedents and ur going with no korra did it by herself even with her flashing for a longer time and did within that period of time, korra had even a longer AS flash ans she did all within seconds like aang and kyoshi. the distance was further she was right next to the robot then she was way further back. look closely and she did bend at the same time fir jet, an earth projectiles.

her boulder showings are beyond her previous showings and bigger range look carefully at the distance its quite large.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993:

The longer flash doesn't mean the boost lasts longer. If anything, it makes it less likely that she was boosted after the flash, since we've never seen anyone be boosted after being in the AS for anything longer than a flash that lasts for a second or so

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: it was a flash when has an avatar gone into AS for 5 -6 secs and at that her feats were amplifying not an all out battle fest whichis what ll the avatars do in continuous. she boosted her sprout thats enough to plainly see its a boost of skills and korra uses boost a lot for these kinds of things.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993:

When have we seen an Avatar be boosted after being in the AS for longer than a 1-2 second flash? Cause every other time the AS lasts longer than that the boost goes away right when the glowing stops

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By arv993

@arcus: this time she clearly got boosted it wasnt a continous one like she used against that dark spirit where she tries to go ham. boosting of bending is usually easily seen and this case was clearly a boost to her powers and the one most easily seen was when she uses it to boost her air sprout. every time an avatar does a continous state its obvious they dont try to amplify but rather just become another level and use one attack after another and last way longer than 5-6 seconds.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993:

I'm not denying she was boosted, that's what the AS does-both continuous AS and a flash, so not sure what your point was there. Roku used a continuous AS when he wrecked Sozin's palace and fought the volcano, he didn't use multiple attacks

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By arv993

@arcus: yea boosts are weaker than overwhelming power, thats what roku did and aang did that against general. hers was plainly a boost she used it so clearly to boost her air sprout it wasnt a great continous feat, the creators make it so crystal clear when someone uses a boost or continuous which is bigger scale and not used to boost elements by a small amount. continous lasts longer generally as well, korra's main purpose was to give a temporary boost and she so got that looking at the video. even later u can see her maintaining her sprout after her eyes stop glowing how is that not a boost

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993: Kyoshi formed Kyoshi island with a boost-one of the strongest displays of bending in the show. She amped her air spout, yes, where's the proof she was boosted after?

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By arv993

@arcus: yes i kno and the proof is her own freaking sprout it had the same speed from AS flash how is that not a boost. and i said generally not all, but korra was boosting her sprout was the same size and speed after her eyes stopped glowing. That is not continous AS.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993: the speed boost was to escape the blast, momentum kept it going. How do you know the boost lasted beyond the spout?

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: yea and it continued even after eyes are not glowing thats a boost clear as day. becuz she did feats better than avg along with the boost and multiple elements.

Akin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993 Why do you think Korra was boosted in that scene. I dare say that it wasn't anything overly amazing.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By arv993

@akin: she did something similar throughout the finale, when she used an air blast with a flash than did the same move again.her feats were quite good and better than her usual feats thats why i think it was boosted and it fit well within the time limit that boosts occur in.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By arv993

@arcus: no ur being blind her sprout stayed the same speed, so i guess she didnt need the AS at all. dont be a joke the proof is right there its not continous which is what u were arguing like a fool and saying that as soon as u lose AS in continuous all the power goes and yet it didnt mmeaning it isnt continuous as the sprout speed was the SAME even after the flash thats proof thats its a boost to her powers which is what she did most of the time in the fight with kuvira's robot.

ur just trying to argue any method as to which korra gets to keep the feat which is BS as u dont stick to one opinion but just try to initially agree its flash then make it as if it was continuous. you are by far the most disingenuous debater and it seems like ur arguing for any side that gives korra the feat which is utterly deplorable when u try to act all fair.

the two blows were the same power how did she magically reach that power lvl it was the AS boost it all makes sense when u look at it. so for one big blast she needed AS but the next identical one she didnt plz that sounds like denial. its like me saying aang only needed AS flash to pull water in and take the fire out but the pushing part was all him,no he doesnt magically get that good at waterbending.

Akin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra's air spout did appear to get bigger and faster when she went into the AS in compared to her initial spout..

Korra's air current that knocked over the mech can be explained by the mech already losing it's balance. Though it did seem pretty powerful so I am a little sceptical.

Korra's feats after she lands on the ground do not appear to be AS amped. It could have been though. It just doesnt seem like it. I also seem to recall other fire benders using the jet boost move, and going along with how good Korra is at fire bending, it only makes sense

Interestingly, the time she went into the AS and shot air at the mech, is the first time they have shown Korra performing a move after the flash, like what Kyoshi and Aang did. Every other time that Korra has gone into the AS, the eyes glow until she completes her move or until she no longer needs the AS. It is also worth mentioning that Korra seems use the continuos AS for brief periods and does it repeatedly, almost as if she is spamming it? She never does the brief flash like what we see do in the finale, even when she uses it briefly.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Just look at the way she spams the AS in this video. She doesn't use the brief flash even though she uses the AS briefly

Loading Video...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993: what @akin: said. I can give a better response with gifs later to show more things

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1:

Air Aang >>> Air Korra

Water Korra >> Water Aang

Earth Aang > Earth Korra

Fire Korra >>> Fire Aang

Air Aang >> Water Korra

Earth Aang > Fire Korra

Aang Wins

Round 2:

Air Aang >> Water Korra

Earth Aang > Fire Korra

Earth Korra >> Water Aang

Air Korra > Fire Aang

Air Aang >> Earth Korra

Earth Aang >> Air Korra

Aang Wins

Key

>>> : Stomp

>> : High Majority

> : Low Majority

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1:

Air Aang >>> Air Korra

Water Korra >> Water Aang

Earth Aang > Earth Korra

Fire Korra >>> Fire Aang

Air Aang >> Water Korra

Earth Aang > Fire Korra

Aang Wins

Round 2:

Air Aang >> Water Korra

Earth Aang > Fire Korra

Earth Korra >> Water Aang

Air Korra > Fire Aang

Air Aang >> Earth Korra

Earth Aang >> Air Korra

Aang Wins

Key

>>> : Stomp

>> : High Majority

> : Low Majority

Care to elaborate on any of these (bolded a couple of interest)?

Dark-Kenshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Dark-Kenshin

4 Korras simply means additional help in the only place she belongs: The kitchen!

Aang stomps "the worst avatar ever" hard.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-kenshin: ...I hope you don't expect anyone to take you seriously

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: air> other elements. Earth > fire

Edumacated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins all except possibly water

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edumacated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@edumacated: any reasons? What about fire?

I was thinking she'd have an advantage because Aang is a pacifist but because it's their prime I assume this is an adult Aang, we never actually see how good Korra can be since she's only 21 when the series ended.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edumacated: nah, it's ATLA Aang, we barely have feats for adult Aang

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edumacated: do you think it being Kid Aang changes anything?

Avatar image for super_silver_silva_14
Super_Silver_Silva_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash solos

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats, guys, go by feats. Who used the Avatar state best? Aang easily, Korra was such a terrible avatar that she actually lost the vast majority of avatar state power. Korra repeatedly lost to single type benders as an adult. Even child aang defeated stronger opponents than what Korra faced, Korra lost to a metal bender...she lost to an airbender.. the only time Aang lost was when he was training and never lost once he got the basics of the four elements.

Kid Aang> Korra 6/10

Adult Aang >Korra 10/10

Avatar State Aang > Avatar State Korra, complete and utter murder stomp mismatch

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats, guys, go by feats. Who used the Avatar state best? Aang easily, Korra was such a terrible avatar that she actually lost the vast majority of avatar state power. Korra repeatedly lost to single type benders as an adult. Even child aang defeated stronger opponents than what Korra faced, Korra lost to a metal bender...she lost to an airbender.. the only time Aang lost was when he was training and never lost once he got the basics of the four elements.

Kid Aang> Korra 6/10

Adult Aang >Korra 10/10

Avatar State Aang > Avatar State Korra, complete and utter murder stomp mismatch

AS isn't involved here, so that's irrelevant

Adult Aang has no notable feats, so that also doesn't matter

Who did Aang defeat (by himself, no AS) that's stronger than the opponents Korra faced?