300 Spartans vs The Planet of the Apes

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Retnex

300 Spartans (not the Halo kind) are held in deep hibernation in a safe spot for 2,658 years (I don't know if that's right and IDC).
They awake and are informed about the new Ape civilization treating humans as animals. They are given a map of an Ape city (the one from the first movie, assume the Spartans aren't too far) and the land around it. The Apes have no idea of the Spartan presence (yet).

The goals of the Spartans are to:

1) Defeat the Ape army.
2) Take control of the city. 
3) Rebuild a human society within the city.
4) Build an army to take back the rest of the world. 

The Ape army consist of 2,000 soldiers. They have their guns, spears, nets, whatever they had in the movie. There are 2,500 Ape civilians in the city, and 1,500 humans (not allowed to help the Spartans until the city is under Spartan control). I'm just guessing these numbers based upon what makes the fight more interesting.

The Spartans can use Guerrilla Warfare (no pun intended) and take out small portions of the army. There is no time limit other than the human lifespan.
The Spartans have their short swords, shields, spears/javelins and armor. Weapons are limited for both groups, but weapons can also be made from the resources around the fighters.

As far as gun vs shield/armor: Assume it will have the same effect as Knight Plate Armor vs Flintlock Pistols/Blunderbuss on Deadliest Warrior. The bullets can some times pierce the armor and shield, but can also be deflected by it, depending on how/where the shot lands. (Sorry I couldn't find a clip). 

Can the Spartans retake the Planet?

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Greendevil

Dude strip the guns and the Spartans STOMPS (exaggerating i know) the whole planet!  
But a whole planet of apes with guns, against Greeks that been sleeping for 2,658 years and never EVER seen a gun??? dude, thats just wrong. I want to give it to the Spartans, but if the bullets "can some times pierce the  armor and shield" They are pretty screwed. Its not like its 3 milion Spartans. I have to give it to the apes, unfortunately.  
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Retnex
@Greendevil said:
" Dude strip the guns and the Spartans STOMPS (exaggerating i know) the whole planet!  But a whole planet of apes with guns, against Greeks that been sleeping for 2,658 years and never EVER seen a gun??? dude, thats just wrong. I want to give it to the Spartans, but if the bullets "can some times pierce the  armor and shield" They are pretty screwed. Its not like its 3 milion Spartans. I have to give it to the apes, unfortunately.   "
That's why I suggested that they could use Guerrilla Warfare, maybe it would help them to use quick concentrated attacks. 
Like you mentioned, without the guns the Apes would be wiped out. But the guns didn't seem very impressive to me, almost like a musket (one shot, possibly a long reload time). And maybe the Spartans could use the land and better tactics to find a victory, they only have to take out the city to rebuild. 

Thanks for the opinion :)
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Retnex

Bump
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AtPhantom
@Retnex said:
" That's why I suggested that they could use Guerrilla Warfare, maybe it would help them to use quick concentrated attacks."
The problem with that being that Spartans sucked at Guerrilla warfare.

Apes stomp.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos Prime

Have to give this one to the Apes..Even if they are unaware their senses will tell them theres a new scent about & its not from the local humans..Even the unarmed Apes would be a big problem for the Spartans.Add to that the  firepower & imo it  ends in a Greek  Tragedy for the Spartans..

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By karrob
@Chaos Prime said:
" Have to give this one to the Apes..Even if they are unaware their senses will tell them theres a new scent about & its not from the local humans..Even the unarmed Apes would be a big problem for the Spartans.Add to that the  firepower & imo it  ends in a Greek  Tragedy for the Spartans.. "
MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Apes win.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the darknessss

no guns and its a good thread,with guns=300 dead.
MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Even without guns the Spartans would lose.  The Spartans fared so well against the Persians because they were better trained and forced battle in a natural bottleneck.  The phalanx is designed to be a wall and is useless in hit and run tactics.  Even above that the Apes all have superhuman strength whereas Spartans are just peak human.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aes sl

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apes are stronger faster and have better weapons so I think they will win.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apes