#1 Edited by WillPayton (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

The 300 Spartans from the movie versus 300 zombies from World War Z.

Starting distance 100m. Standard equipment for the Spartans. Spartans have knowledge about the zombies, their weaknesses, how it's transmitted, etc.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

How was the movie?

#3 Edited by Floopay (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies. They don't have the restrictions any normal human being would have, and they can only be killed by a stab to the face. Over and above this, as the fight continues the Spartans will quickly be turned into zombies and the numbers will slowly push in the Zombies direction.

Initially, I see the Spartans doing alright in holding their ground, but once the first one turns, it's all over.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#4 Edited by WillPayton (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

@sylvain said:

How was the movie?

I found it enjoyable, although it doesnt end on a high note. It mostly just tapers off at the end and sets up a sequel, but no big action sequence or conclusion.

Still, a good and entertaining movie.

#5 Posted by Immortal777 (6939 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know the movie was out yet guess I'll watch it and comment later.

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies only need to bite or scratch to win and Spartans are pretty much naked

#7 Edited by Floopay (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

@sylvain said:

How was the movie?

I found it enjoyable, although it doesnt end on a high note. It mostly just tapers off at the end and sets up a sequel, but no big action sequence or conclusion.

Still, a good and entertaining movie.

Amazing Book, and the movie follows it well enough. They better not make a sequel!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#8 Posted by Jonez120 (3669 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies stomp. While Leonidas is screaming "for Sparta!" they'll get all riled up from the noise. They've gotten right back up from falling down massive barriers at least a few hundred feet tall. They were incredibly fast and have shown crazy take down dives. Its also worth noting that it takes twelve seconds for you to be infected once bitten and since the spartans dont know about zombies, the first infected will get a few more. It's all down hill from there.

#9 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I'm pretty sure they just made a sequel I think

#10 Posted by Floopay (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I'm pretty sure they just made a sequel I think

It doesn't follow the book at all btw :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#11 Posted by ommnomnomnom (53 posts) - - Show Bio

The zombies are above average human speed, but can jump probably at olympic level , react to sound and have poor eyesight. 12 seconds until a person turns through a bite. Spartans have organised ranks and can communicate, so hopefully they can outwit the horde. But each spartan down is another zombie so it's a difficult one...

#12 Posted by WillPayton (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

I edited the OP to show that the Spartans have knowledge of the zombies.

#13 Edited by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

the zombies stomp. all it takes is one bite..in the end everyone here will be a zombie. the spartans knowing that the only way to kill them via headshot will result in them taking more time to be accurate with their spear thrusts. which in turn will leave them open to a bite..

#14 Posted by New_World_Order (12554 posts) - - Show Bio

With knowledge they can win

#15 Edited by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies get crushed against a shield wall and get taken no problem.

#16 Posted by Noone301994 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

The zombies realize that the spartans aren't healthy as hosts b/c of their willingness to die for honor so they are invisible to them

#17 Posted by Floopay (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

I stand by my original response.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#18 Edited by Noone301994 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: You're welcome for reading :)

#19 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Zombies. They don't have the restrictions any normal human being would have, and they can only be killed by a stab to the face. Over and above this, as the fight continues the Spartans will quickly be turned into zombies and the numbers will slowly push in the Zombies direction.

Initially, I see the Spartans doing alright in holding their ground, but once the first one turns, it's all over.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

300 Spartans vs 300 Zeds simply boils down to 1:1 fight.

The protagonist and an amputated, modern soldier is capable of killing a zombie with melee weapon with some effort. It would be easier for the warrior who were trained specifically for melee combat, not to mention that they're more powerful than their real historical counterparts, thanks to the Hollywood.

#20 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Not seen the film but its seems these Zombies are ur worse nightmare,But in this scenario they are fighting against the best of the best for that era.

The Spartan with knowledge about their foes will form the tortoise shell defence & just shove those spears in any Zombie head that gets to close.

Spartans ftw due to superior Defence/Offence.

#21 Posted by dondave (34566 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies

#22 Posted by Floopay (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

300 Spartans vs 300 Zeds simply boils down to 1:1 fight.

The protagonist and an amputated, modern soldier is capable of killing a zombie with melee weapon with some effort. It would be easier for the warrior who were trained specifically for melee combat, not to mention that they're more powerful than their real historical counterparts, thanks to the Hollywood.

Though you have a point, I still only takes 1 scratch to turn the tides of this battle, as 1 single Spartan turning could destroy their defensive lines. Over and above this, even with their training, the Spartans didn't exactly go for precision shots, they were hitting general kill zones and aiming to injure. Zombies have 1 kill zone, and hitting anything else only serves to dull a weapon and tire a soldier.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#23 Posted by WillPayton (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

more opinions?

#24 Edited by Noone301994 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I'd hate to admit it, the Spartans would lose. However, the only reason they would lose is because of the simple fact that these zombies have to be stabbed through the brain. The Spartans wouldn't know that that's what it takes, and even if they somehow figured it out before it was too late, it's still really hard to aim for the brain with a spear, especially when ur opponent is a zombie that is rushing toward you at high speeds and bobbing its head around like crazy. Plus you couldn't really afford to miss more than once or twice. I believe the Spartans would probably lose here, but if they went up against different zombies, like the ones from 28 weeks later, I think they would win because the zombies there don't need to be punctured in the brain to be put down.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies, especially given the fact that once you're bitten by these type of zombies you die and are reanimated in like 10 seconds. That will make any Spartan infected and instant enemy.