300 Spartans ( from 300 ) vs 300 Elves ( LOTR )

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@joygirl said:

Legolas solos. Army stomps.

Hellz naw.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 rogueshadow  Moderator

The Elves win quite easily.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@monsterstomp: All he needs is 300 arrows. He can borrow them from his buddies.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: What if they all dog pile him?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Then he super-flips, shoots an arrow into one of tbeir shields, surfs it across them, decapitating a long line of them and shooting arrows backwards as he does.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wait. Wait. *inhales* I got this. *holds breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: excuse me? so you can take ur laughter and WALK! HARD! XD huehue

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@joygirl: Gawd darn it, I was gonna say that!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: dont listen to her leo still wins hes way better ^^ XD

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Silverrings

The Elves probably do win but it wont be a breeze, the Spartans in 300 are physically on a par with them, in some ways maybe even superior, and they have the skills, tactics and weapons to compete with those of the Elves, at least for a while. The Elves have the superior armour, and the superior leader, in terms of combat, anyway, plus far more experience, so i still think they win this but only after a decent battle.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Depends on the location. If the Spartans are able to dig in and form a shield wall, they can win. If it's in the wide open where they can be flanked, they'll lose.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elves are more Agile, their Speed is far above the Spartans, they are more "Rouge" to the Spartans "Tank". and it's about to be Crit City.

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Elves probably do win but it wont be a breeze, the Spartans in 300 are physically on a par with them, in some ways maybe even superior, and they have the skills, tactics and weapons to compete with those of the Elves, at least for a while. The Elves have the superior armour, and the superior leader, in terms of combat, anyway, plus far more experience, so i still think they win this but only after a decent battle.

Spartans might have tactics on par with the elves, but in no way are Spartans equal to elves physically.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elves should wreck.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By DaredevilDD78

i'm going with the Elves

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I LOVE my spartan army BUT I'm sorry they will lose to the Elves. I noticed this in every movie every time an elf is in combat you notice they NEVER MISS a mark. Even if the enemy is heavily guarded with armor they still get you and the funny part is that they don't want to resort to swords its there last resort. They are extremely keen eyed and they know the enemies weak spot and (POW) an arrow is right there to follow.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm I'm leaning to Spartans

Spartans in the movie are beyond an average human soldiers like LOTR humans

Spartans will just walk in the rain of arrows they even stop millions of arrow without a single death

Their shields have tank magic(explosives)

Spartans have the strenght

Elves have the Swordmanship but shown even the Immortals who have better swordsmanship and martial arts can be beaten with tactics

Elves have the range this might be the one who can win the war

Spartans have Tactics depending on the battlefield they use their surroundings as a tactic like the elephant massacre or the wall of dead people even the position of their army to combat millions of persians

Spartans have Defense

I don't see much magic in the LOTR movie elves

Elven foot common gears are mostly Blades and bow and arrow

Lets be honest here 300 Spartans can hold an Army of Orcs and Goblins in a position spartan chooses like the one in the movie

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm I'm leaning to Spartans

Spartans in the movie are beyond an average human soldiers like LOTR humans

Spartans will just walk in the rain of arrows they even stop millions of arrow without a single death

Their shields have tank magic(explosives)

Spartans have the strenght

Elves have the Swordmanship but shown even the Immortals who have better swordsmanship and martial arts can be beaten with tactics

Elves have the range this might be the one who can win the war

Spartans have Tactics depending on the battlefield they use their surroundings as a tactic like the elephant massacre or the wall of dead people even the position of their army to combat millions of persians

Spartans have Defense

I don't see much magic in the LOTR movie elves

Elven foot common gears are mostly Blades and bow and arrow

Lets be honest here 300 Spartans can hold an Army of Orcs and Goblins in a position spartan chooses like the one in the movie

Elves are both stronger and faster. They are also faaar ahead in reflexes, perception, and reaction time. I fail to see how the Spartan's shields will help them against an all-around better enemy.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Detrolord

@detrolord said:

Elves are both stronger and faster. They are also faaar ahead in reflexes, perception, and reaction time. I fail to see how the Spartan's shields will help them against an all-around better enemy.

Turtle Shield Formation
Turtle Shield Formation
Phalanx Formation
Phalanx Formation
Loading Video...

Rain of Arrows

Loading Video...

Check

1:12-1:1:30-its call aim

2:08-2:56 they are able to stopped a hundreds of charging humans using Phalanx Formation

Hah LOTR elven movies are not stronger than the Spartans

This is a War if your analyzing about one vs one you are wrong spartans have formations even the middle-earth haven't seen

Art of War "Tacticians wins the war"

LOTR movie formations in the two towers was a joke they are just sacrificing people

Since i can't find when somebody used shield and able to survive in a building level explosion.

No Caption Provided
MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Elves over Spartans

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimson_bat said:

Spartans might have tactics on par with the elves, but in no way are Spartans equal to elves physically.

In the movie 300? Yes, a lot of them are. Historically? No, of course not.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Elves stomp due to superior physiques.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rogueshadow  Moderator
Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Crimson_Bat

@detrolord said:

@crimson_bat said:

@detrolord said:

Turtle Shield Formation
Turtle Shield Formation
Phalanx Formation
Phalanx Formation
Loading Video...

Rain of Arrows

Loading Video...

Check

1:12-1:1:30-its call aim

2:08-2:56 they are able to stopped a hundreds of charging humans using Phalanx Formation

Hah LOTR elven movies are not stronger than the Spartans

This is a War if your analyzing about one vs one you are wrong spartans have formations even the middle-earth haven't seen

Art of War "Tacticians wins the war"

LOTR movie formations in the two towers was a joke they are just sacrificing people

Since i can't find when somebody used shield and able to survive in a building level explosion.

No Caption Provided

In every one of your examples of the phalanx there are holes big enough for marksmen such as the elves to shoot through. Also, elves are absolutely stronger than Spartans, as they have superhuman strength as well as speed and reflexes. I don't see any way the spartans can win this, especially since it's movie spartans, who have no armor save for a helmet.

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Crimson_Bat

@silverrings said:

@crimson_bat said:

In the movie 300? Yes, a lot of them are. Historically? No, of course not.

It is true that movie elves don't have many strength showings, but I think they have much better speed and combat ability showings. (Mostly Legolas and his bow feats) Also, movie elves had much better combat armor than movie spartans, going on the opening scene of Fellowship when Sauron is defeated.

Freddiep32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The elves definitely

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elves stomp.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@granitesoldier said:

Strength goes to Spartans.

Speed to Elves.

Combat Tactics I'd have to give to the Spartans, their Phalanx prooved far more effective than the Elves blade line (if you want to give it a name) from Two Towers.

Experience to Elves, they are hundreds of years old and can see a lot of war in their lifetime.

Equipment is tough, I'd say they're about even. Elves have better melee weapons and armor, but the large shield of the Spartans is a huge equalizer, and just as effective offensively and defensively.

This for me really boils down to whether this is a melee battle (which I think the Spartans could take) or a battle whether the Elves bring bows and mix their tactics (in which case the Elves would likely win). My comparison of equipment and Combat Tactics is purely based off their melee showings, but Elves are expert marksmen (as we've seen with Legolas) and if they bring bows to the fight they'd definately take this. Either way, both sides suffer heavy losses in either victory.

I honestly disagree that strength goes to the Spartans. Elves are quite strong. Legolas' bow he recieved as a gift from Lorien requires a 190 lb draw I believe. He also was described as strong as a young tree, and in the Two Towers he single handedly pulled Gimli and Aragorn up the side of the wall to safety, that is at least 500lbs of man and gear. In Desolation of Smaug he showed great strength able to grapple with Bolg, and slam his head through a solid wood building support.

In any battle where the elves fight tactically they will destroy the Spartans.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@granitesoldier said:

Speed to Elves.

Combat Tactics I'd have to give to the Spartans, their Phalanx prooved far more effective than the Elves blade line (if you want to give it a name) from Two Towers.

Experience to Elves, they are hundreds of years old and can see a lot of war in their lifetime.

Equipment is tough, I'd say they're about even. Elves have better melee weapons and armor, but the large shield of the Spartans is a huge equalizer, and just as effective offensively and defensively.

This for me really boils down to whether this is a melee battle (which I think the Spartans could take) or a battle whether the Elves bring bows and mix their tactics (in which case the Elves would likely win). My comparison of equipment and Combat Tactics is purely based off their melee showings, but Elves are expert marksmen (as we've seen with Legolas) and if they bring bows to the fight they'd definately take this. Either way, both sides suffer heavy losses in either victory.

I honestly disagree that strength goes to the Spartans. Elves are quite strong. Legolas' bow he recieved as a gift from Lorien requires a 190 lb draw I believe. He also was described as strong as a young tree, and in the Two Towers he single handedly pulled Gimli and Aragorn up the side of the wall to safety, that is at least 500lbs of man and gear. In Desolation of Smaug he showed great strength able to grapple with Bolg, and slam his head through a solid wood building support.

this. we havent really seen elves be tacticl on their own in the movies so its hard to say, but if legolas is there hes a very tactical fighter. he will analyze their armor and tell the elves where to aim their arrows.

i dont see the spartans getting anywhere near the elves.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Unfair match-up, Spartans will die like flies...

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas solos.

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@granitesoldier said:

Speed to Elves.

this. we havent really seen elves be tacticl on their own in the movies so its hard to say, but if legolas is there hes a very tactical fighter. he will analyze their armor and tell the elves where to aim their arrows.

i dont see the spartans getting anywhere near the elves.

Agreed.

rcranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By rcranium

Elves win 10/10. They are too strong and fast. They have far more experience fighting. The phalanx is the Spartans' only hope and the Elves will just leap over it. Movie Spartans may be slightly above peak human, but it doesn't matter.

mrpolarbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one is simple to answer by applying logic.

If this is the real Spartans warriors from say 5th century Greece vs Elves then there is no contest, given there are no real Elves the Spartans win.

If on the other hand this is the Spartans from the movie adaptation of the battle of Thermopylae vs the movie adaptation of the Lord of the Ring Elves, then we need to juxtapose similar conflicts that each of the combatants encountered and there outcomes to determine whom would win.

The most obvious comparison would be the 200-500 Elves who fought at the battle of Hornburg (Helm's Deep), along side 400 + Rohan defenders plus Aragon, Gimli and Legolas. They faced 10,000 Uruk-hai from a strong defensive position (Helms Deep was a fort built into the rock) and had bows and arrows. Whilst the Elves killed a great number of Uruk-hai they were largely spent on the first evening/day of battle. In the aftermath of the battle none bar Legolas survived and that was only due to Gandalf arriving with 1000 plus reinforcements.

By comparison in 300 King Leonidas leads 300 Spartans into battle against a Persian army of over 300,000. The Spartans have little or no body armour save helmets and no bows and arrows (The Persians do have the latter and fill the sky with them in one scene. With no real defensive position like a fort the Spartans have only the Hot Gates via which they can funnel the Persian hordes. They manage not only to repel wave after wave of advances, but also turn down the Persian Kings personal request for them to surrender in return for wealth and power. Declining they go onto defeat the Persian elite guard, the immortals, war elephants and wave after wave of all manner of warriors. They only eventual get defeated when a secret path is revealed to the Persian King Xerxes that permits the Persians to outflank the Spartans.

I think we can all agree that the Persian army that was held by 300 Spartans for over 2 days, would have annihilated the 10,000 Urak-hai (I suspect the latter would have fled at the very sight of the Persian Army). Had the Spartans fought the Urak-Hai at the hot gates they would have fought them to a stand still, possibly even winning.

Thus in conclusion given the feat of holding off 300,000 soldiers with War elephants vs 10,000 for twice as long I give this verses to the Spartans.

Avatar image for me_myself_and_i
Me_Myself_and_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the actual spartan army the movie was based on had 3000 men

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@granitesoldier said:

Speed to Elves.

I'm not sure at all that strength would go to the Spartans.

Legolas has held his own in combat with Bolg, slamming his head into a house support so hard it cracked and splintered it. He also lifted both Gimli and Aragorn up over the wall at Helm's Deep with a rope. That is him pulling up 500+ pounds with equipment with nothing but his arms and basically no leverage. IIRC bow has a 150 lb draw and he rapidly and effortlessly draws it multiple times in combat.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lunacyde  Moderator

Just realized I said the same thing like two years ago.

Avatar image for kingunderthemountain
KingUnderTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartans get kirb stomped legolas could take out half of them with just his bow and arrows he's that OP

mrpolarbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@me_myself_and_i:

I have a BA honours in Ancient History and can tell you it was approx 300. There weren't that many Spartan males due to the way they lived there lives. Anyway it's beside the point if we're talking real world the Spartans win as Elves don't exist!

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elves are superior to "superior" human race in LoTR. So Spartans have no chance.

mrpolarbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343:

Sorry I thought the question was Spartans from 300 vs Elves from LOTR, it mentions nothing about the Elves being physically superior that's supposition on your behalf.

Sticking to the facts, as Elves evidently don't exist in the real world the real life Spartans win, from the movie world Spartans send the Elves home in body bags. Put the movie version of Hercules and Achilles in the frame and the best the Elves can do is run away!