300 Spartans ( from 300 ) vs 300 Elves ( LOTR )

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spartan92

vs 

elves are led by legolas (elves dont have mithril. )   

who wins ?

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

The Evlens would slaughter the Spartans in an open field or a forest.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spartan92
@Cypher's Gambit:
even without their bow and arrows ?
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Despite the Spartans shields and Phalanx I believe the elves and their superior archery skills plus with the help of Legolas will find breaches in their phalanx formation and win. IMO.

Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@spartan92 said:
" @Cypher's Gambit: even without their bow and arrows ? "
Well the Spartans will have a better chance, but I'm still for the Elven they can jump and are more nimble. The Spartans only has one guy that can jump high lol.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Outside_85

Elves are supposedly exeptional swordsmen, surpassing even the Numenorians. Like there are several cases of Elven heroes holding their own against the likes of Sauron, Grond (a Balrog king) and the guy who was Saurons boss in the old days.

At best I'd say the Spartans will manage 1/4 of the Elves before loosing.

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CapitolPunishment

As much as I love the Spartan way of life and the elite warriors they are I believe that this is not a good scene for them, the elf’s would stomp.. 

Correct me if I am wrong but I think one of the major downfalls of the Spartan military was that they refused to use Bow&arrow weapons. they did this because they believed it to be a dishonorable way to battle.    

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@CapitolPunishment said:
"

As much as I love the Spartan way of life and the elite warriors they are I believe that this is not a good scene for them, the elf’s would stomp.. 

Correct me if I am wrong but I think one of the major downfalls of the Spartan military was that they refused to use Bow&arrow weapons. they did this because they believed it to be a dishonorable way to battle.    

"
Probably thought that archers were cowards that didn't get their hands bloody by confronting the enemy up close and personal. 
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@CapitolPunishment said:
"

"
No need to correct you. You are right.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By whacknasty

The Elves seemed to have enhanced senses/attributes overall, so I'd have to say they win.  They dont seem to be the hasty, lets charge uncontrolled to our deaths type of guys either, so there could probably be a lot more one on one encounters allowing them to use their speed/agility. 

@Cypher's Gambit said:

" @spartan92 said:
" @Cypher's Gambit: even without their bow and arrows ? "
Well the Spartans will have a better chance, but I'm still for the Elven they can jump and are more nimble. The Spartans only has one guy that can jump high lol. "
LOL.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chaos Prime

Would have to say the Elves..There armour for one is highly resiliant..

CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CAPiTA

Elves stomp. Mithril armor to stop the spears, FAR, FAR more agile, and I'd say probably superior swordsmen too with better reflexes and senses.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spartan92
@CAPiTA:
il edit for no mithril to make the fight more balanced out. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
@Outside_85 said:
" Elves are supposedly exeptional swordsmen, surpassing even the Numenorians. Like there are several cases of Elven heroes holding their own against the likes of Sauron, Grond (a Balrog king) and the guy who was Saurons boss in the old days. At best I'd say the Spartans will manage 1/4 of the Elves before loosing. "
You mean Gothmog. Grond was a hammer.
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spartan92
@Cypher's Gambit:

if they all could jump like that, it would be spite lol
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Elves would win. They have physical and mental powers exceeding humans and they have the superior weapons, armor and training compared to the Spartans.

Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@spartan92 said:
" @Cypher's Gambit:

No Caption Provided
if they all could jump like that, it would be spite lol "
Every one of the Elven would loose an arm if all the Spartans can jump like that! lol
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#18  Edited By Outside_85
@AtPhantom:
Sorry you are correct.
CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

The elves. They have superior tactics, weapons, armor, and they are most likely very well educated (If education even exists in Middle earth).

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spartan92
@CrimsonAvenger: 

well they would be wiser as adult elves are thousands of years old........ usually.
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Noctis
@CapitolPunishment said:
"

"
greekgod94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By greekgod94

spartans would win!!! the elves are strong but these elves dont have majic and even if they did spartans have faces majic before. the spartans were battle born, and they have the phalix, impenitrable wall of men that the greeks made and perfected. if the elves did happen to find a weakness, the spartans would see there battle types and ajust to match the war. and legelus has nothing on leonidas!!!!!!!!

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spartan101

spartans......but i would say that.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeanroygrant

@CrimsonAvenger said:

The elves. They have superior tactics, weapons, armor, and they are most likely very well educated (If education even exists in Middle earth).
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

The Elves dominate especially when being led by Legolas.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By redhood21

the phalanx is near unbeatable and in the movie as in real life was only affected by arrows when formation broke. unlike the diapers they wore, real spartans were armored head to toe....but were not using real spartans so prob elves shoot an arrow through gerrard's lopsided mouth.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Obtrusive

I think the spartans are getting undersold. They have superior tactics, the elves are just good fighters, I never saw anything that led me to believe they were superior with battle strategy.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

The Elves win. Physically they are superior in nearly every way. They are extremely skilled both up close and at range, they have superiorly crafted weapons, and unlike the prideful Persian Army they won't try to just overpower the Spartans in an area that is so greatly advantageous to the Greeks. Remember, the Persians had a million man army, they assumed they could just keep coming at the Spartans till they broke. That's won't be the strategy for the elves as their numbers are equal to that of the Spartans, and it's not in their nature to fight that way.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Greendevil

Legolas looks at the Spartans and says

"Estannen Legolas....... Findesselya vanya.......................TEE TAHL-BAY ORKH...Ae anírach.....Hannon lee"

Elves STOMP!

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sandiego008

elves easy ...

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By steelhound56

Elves stomp...

Better tactics, fighting skills, and weaponry take this as much as I like the Spartans

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By eatmore_payless

If it was the real spartans, and not the ones from the movie then they could put up pretty close fight, but the elves win at the end 7/10

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By willpayton

Elves would slaughter the Spartans.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Cypher's Gambit said:

The Evlens would slaughter the Spartans in an open field or a forest.
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#35  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Strength goes to Spartans.

Speed to Elves.

Combat Tactics I'd have to give to the Spartans, their Phalanx prooved far more effective than the Elves blade line (if you want to give it a name) from Two Towers.

Experience to Elves, they are hundreds of years old and can see a lot of war in their lifetime.

Equipment is tough, I'd say they're about even. Elves have better melee weapons and armor, but the large shield of the Spartans is a huge equalizer, and just as effective offensively and defensively.

This for me really boils down to whether this is a melee battle (which I think the Spartans could take) or a battle whether the Elves bring bows and mix their tactics (in which case the Elves would likely win). My comparison of equipment and Combat Tactics is purely based off their melee showings, but Elves are expert marksmen (as we've seen with Legolas) and if they bring bows to the fight they'd definately take this. Either way, both sides suffer heavy losses in either victory.

rangersoul6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rangersoul6

Elves are superior in every way, both mentally, physically and with equipment.

Elves stomp, but I see Spartans putting up a good fight and taking several Elves down.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By The_Thunderer

which age are the elves from?

tazze019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tazze019

Open area - Elves win

Close area - Spartans win

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kingkronos

Elves stomp with ease.

Dark_Magician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dark_Magician

Going with the elves.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

The Elves, not by much but Legolas and his almost superhuman bow skills turn the tide. He'll probably get a nasty facial scar from Leonidas to remind him of the battle, but I believe the elves win this

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheDude123

In the movies The elves were falling to Uruk Hai and normal Orcs right and left. The Spartans can turtle up with their shields and close the distance effectively nullifying the arrows then the Spartans will defeat the Elves.

Doombot_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Doombot_666

I'm assuming here that this is an infantry battle with each Spartan being armed with a dory (spear), aspis (shield), and kopis (weighted sword used for slashing) and each elf armed with an Elven sword and an Elven bow with arrows. As far as armor goes, I'm assuming the Spartans have bronze helmets and greeves while the elves are in full layered leather armor with what I'm assuming are steel helmets. I'm also assuming we're talking about the movie versions of the 300 Spartans and the elves as opposed to the graphic novel and novel versions.

The elves' arrow vollies would be just as ineffective against the Spartans are the Persians' vollies were. Legolas might be able to snipe his way past the protection afforded by the Spartans' armor and shields, but it doesn't look like the rest could. Up close, the elves wouldn't stand much of a chance. Their leather armor wouldn't hold up against the Spartans' spear thrusts. Defensive tactics in formation with Elven short swords appear to be based on distance and timing. They're nearly useless against the Spartan's 7ft+ spears because of that, and there would be a wall of them coming at the elves. They're also useless against the Spartans' shields, because even though they're made from a superior metal (what I'm assuming is steel vs. bronze), they're light slashing weapons and would be easily deflected even if the Spartan's shields were made of wood. Even if the Spartans were somehow forced to abandon their phalanx, the elves, with their two-handed, light slashing swords wouldn't stand much of a chance against the Spartans with the aspis and kopis combination.

As far as who has better training goes, it's hard to tell. The Spartans train their whole lives to be warriors while the elves are immortal and have fought wars for centuries, but without the Spartans' focus. From what I can determine, the Spartans have better weapons and tactics for the situation.

The Spartans should take this without much of a problem.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chaos Prime

@OmegaDynasty said:

Despite the Spartans shields and Phalanx I believe the elves and their superior archery skills plus with the help of Legolas will find breaches in their phalanx formation and win. IMO.

agree with this.

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

The Elves win. Physically they are superior in nearly every way. They are extremely skilled both up close and at range, they have superiorly crafted weapons, and unlike the prideful Persian Army they won't try to just overpower the Spartans in an area that is so greatly advantageous to the Greeks. Remember, the Persians had a million man army, they assumed they could just keep coming at the Spartans till they broke. That's won't be the strategy for the elves as their numbers are equal to that of the Spartans, and it's not in their nature to fight that way.

This. This battle might be more fair if the elves had fewer numbers to work with.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on the distance they start away from each other depends on if the Spartans can even kill 1 elf but bottom line is elves stomp in any non ridiculous situation with a ratio of about

20-1 in favour of the elves

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xtreme1

The Elves win.

Assuming these are the Wood Elves of Mirkwood or Lothlorien that Legolas is leading...they have the range advantage and with their superhuman eye site and accuracy they will find the exposed head and body parts behind the phalanx and weaken the Spartans before engaging in close range combat. They have anywhere from hundreds to thousands of years of experience per Elf. And the Elves are physically superior...perhaps not in strength but that's debatable, definitely in all other areas. The Spartans' advantage is in the phalanx and their shields, but with the arrows hitting exposed body parts, tons of experience, and greater than human quickness and agility, the Elves will eventually overcome the phalanx.

If these are Noldorin Elves (The High Elves) as shown in the original post picture, then they stomp.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phalanx.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spartans won't stand a chance against an enemy that has armor plating..

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Legolas solos. Army stomps.