300 Klingons vs 300 LOTR elves

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By copete

Each tribe has 1 day to prepare for battle.

It takes place in an open field that none is familiar with.

They both armed with their standard gear.

Klingons led by Worf and elves are led by Legolas.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

elves

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Elves.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cjdavis103
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92:

any feats for the average elf doing that?

and arrow will hurt a Klingon a blaster will disentagrate an elf

and with prep they can put on armor or get some shields

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elves stomp

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is this movie Elves? Have you seen the second Hobbit yet? This is a stomp. The Elves far out match Klingons in speed and agility. I doubt any Elves will even get hit with the disrupters.

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: The Elves can get armor too, and from what I know disrupters don't do much against metal.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92:

Yeah, any Elven soldier can do that... all of them, in fact.

Elves also have basic super-speed, agility, and reflexes, and will hit Klingons in the eye, killing them.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow i didn't watch the hobbit 2 yet didn't mean to make a stomp fest lol

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By comic_book_fan

lol Klingons stomp this is silly so many picked elves the klingons are stronger better armor and weapons and more skilled.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elves imo take this encounter.Unless the EU Klingons are something special ,nothing the movie/TV versions i have seen would make me think they are on a par with the Elves of LOTR.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@copete: Are these kind of Elves are these btw? And is it strictly movie feats or do book feats go as well?

lol Klingons stomp this is silly so many picked elves the klingons are stronger better armor and weapons and more skilled.

IIRC Klingons stab through each others armor, even if the Klingons are stronger, the feats in the show are not that impressive whereas the LOTR movies Legolas was downing Wargs and Orcs at sniper range(Two Towers), ran/climbed up Oliphonts(Return of the King) and then his feats from the Hobbit 2 are even more impressive.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandoviking: Klingon blades are made out of more advanced metals and they are about twice as strong as the elves then you have Klingon blaster and worlf will use a phazer so better range weapons aswell if this was a forrest I would give the edge to the elves but in an open field I have to give the nod to the Klingons.

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: You may be right, but I have never seen an Elf miss, I have never seen a phaser or a disruptor used in rapid fire or long range to the extent of the elf bows, I have never seen an Elven blade(which btw are imbued with magic) broken and most Elves have plate armor(again imbued with magic) that will stop a batleth and maybe a disruptor.

Not to mention far better combat speed, coordination and agility.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the elves died during the orc battles if I can remember... None of them were as skilled as legoless.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elves

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm deeply disappointed that nobody continued the chain of "Elves" quotes that were kicking off at the start of the thread. Sort it out guys.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@slimj87d: none of them were as skilled as Legolas, but they were all very skilled in their own rights. Yes, many elves fell at Helms Deep, but they were ridiculously outnumbered. There were 200 Lorien elves and 300 Soldiers of Rohan (many children or elderly) at Helms deep. There were 10,000 Uruk-Hai. Moreover Uruk Hai are also super humanly strong with superhuman endurance, pain tolerance, and terrible brutality.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shawnbaby

@lunacyde said:

@slimj87d: none of them were as skilled as Legolas, but they were all very skilled in their own rights. Yes, many elves fell at Helms Deep, but they were ridiculously outnumbered. There were 200 Lorien elves and 300 Soldiers of Rohan (many children or elderly) at Helms deep. There were 10,000 Uruk-Hai. Moreover Uruk Hai are also super humanly strong with superhuman endurance, pain tolerance, and terrible brutality.

The same can be said for Klingons.

In a completely Open Field the Klingons should win.

http://www.startrek.com/watch_episode/44G1ttb166Cc

Skip to about the 2 minute mark and you can see exactly what a single shot from a Klingon Disruptor can do.

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: That blew up because it was a grain silo,you can blow those up with a match. No where else have I seen a Klingon disruptor do that, they just vaporize the body. And the Klingon in that clip stumbled and almost fell at the end of a seven foot at most jump, and again when he gets up to run.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lunacyde  Moderator

Elves are just as strong as Klingons and they have shown superior skill, agility, and range. The Klingons only advantage is technology and it's not nearly enough.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lunacyde  Moderator

@comic_book_fan:

Klingon blades are made out of "more advanced materials"? Just because they are from a sci-fi background doesn't make their blades any better. Elven blades are known for their remarkable craftsmanship and possess magical qualities beyond anything the Klingon blades have shown.

Klingons are twice as strong as elves? I would like to see some proof of this.

Better ranged weapons? Hardly, they may have more overall power but elven bows are accurate up to hundreds of yards and capable of piercing creatures more durable than Klingons.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By comic_book_fan

@lunacyde:

elves are no stronger than humans and Klingons are twice as strong as humans.

arrows can't do nearly as much damge as a phaser or a blaster and the blaster have just as much range as the arrows and the klingon have better armor than anything that the elves have faced.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@comic_book_fan:

Klingon blades are made out of "more advanced materials"? Just because they are from a sci-fi background doesn't make their blades any better. Elven blades are known for their remarkable craftsmanship and possess magical qualities beyond anything the Klingon blades have shown.

Better ranged weapons? Hardly, they may have more overall power but elven bows are accurate up to hundreds of yards and capable of piercing creatures more durable than Klingons.

Bat'leths are made out of a composite metal alloy called Baakonite.
Correction; the ancient elven blades were highly crafted with magical qualities. The average elven blade was meh. They were never a match for the craftsmenship of the Dwarves; and there was a time when their weapons were outmatched by standard Orc Steel. Aside from their special named weapons, the average elven weapon didn't posses magical qualities of any greatness.

Their ranged weapons are vastly superior. The standard Klingon Disrupter from Archer's era (which was highly outdated compared to the weapons Worf's era had) blew up a farm silo in a couple of shots.
Also; all star trek energy weapons had a variety of settings. Including wide-beam settings. They were rarely used since that meant focusing the same energy on a larger area (thus you weren't really going to kill or even properly stun on person); however 300 Klingons with wide-beam disrupters would wreck the Elves whose arrows would disintegrate instantly.

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This isn't 300 Legolas's running around. This is 300 random elves. The random elves in the movies are pretty much no different then a normal human. Klingons stomp this with ease.

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't 300 Legolas's running around. This is 300 random elves. The random elves in the movies are pretty much no different then a normal human. Klingons stomp this with ease.

This is not 300 Worfs either, and Legolas is more skilled but not much stronger than most other Elves.

@rpottage said:

@lunacyde said:

@comic_book_fan:

Bat'leths are made out of a composite metal alloy called Baakonite.

Correction; the ancient elven blades were highly crafted with magical qualities. The average elven blade was meh. They were never a match for the craftsmenship of the Dwarves; and there was a time when their weapons were outmatched by standard Orc Steel. Aside from their special named weapons, the average elven weapon didn't posses magical qualities of any greatness.

Their ranged weapons are vastly superior. The standard Klingon Disrupter from Archer's era (which was highly outdated compared to the weapons Worf's era had) blew up a farm silo in a couple of shots.

Also; all star trek energy weapons had a variety of settings. Including wide-beam settings. They were rarely used since that meant focusing the same energy on a larger area (thus you weren't really going to kill or even properly stun on person); however 300 Klingons with wide-beam disrupters would wreck the Elves whose arrows would disintegrate instantly.

That may be, but I have seen a Bat'leth break, and never an Elven blade.

Maybe not their swords, but all of their bows had magic on them to to stengthen the bows and improve the range.

The bows don't have to be more powerful, just good enough(and they are). Grain powder is HIGHLY Flammable, and can blow up when exposed to a spark.

Okay, I have never seen anything other than Starfleet Phasers do this, thank you for sharing that.

@lunacyde:

arrows can't do nearly as much damge as a phaser or a blaster and the blaster have just as much range as the arrows and the klingon have better armor than anything that the elves have faced.

Legolas is stated in the book to have been able to climb up to the top of a tree before the others even noticed, and in the second Hobbit movie he was throwing around an Orc that was at least four inches taller and bigger than himself.

And could you give some references for Klingon armor feats, because I have seen someone stab trough it with ease before.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RetconCrisis
crest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

um isnt standerd gear for 300 klingons a bird of prey....

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vaeternus

@retconcrisis: Damn lol I know right.

For the topic, not sure it's good to assume they're "far beneath" legolas, sure most aren't him lol but who knows some may be as good if not dare I say better up close? I mean clearly he's known as the best or one of the best archers in fiction. But the chick in Hobbit was no slouch and I'm sure there are other Elves who are even better then him in close quarters combat. The Klingons have had trouble vs. humans....

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

I was talking about in the new hobbit movie. Face to face some of them were killed by Orcs while fairly going head to head meaning it was a point of no surprise. But that is my recollection of it, I only saw the movie once.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elves win this

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: I don't know that superior strength will mean much in a fight like this. Aside from the "Into Darkness" movie, I don't really recall seeing Klingons wear effective armor, particularly helmets. The elves are good enough to get head shots with almost every arrow, and in the new movie, some of those arrows were passing clean through the heads of the orcs. The Klingon disruptors are more powerful, but we're basically looking at one-hit kills for both sides, except the Klingons have much worse aim than the elves, and elven agility will probably give them some ability to dodge enemy fire.

Even in close quarters, the elves are much, much faster and more agile than klingons, and generally seem to have greater fighting prowess. I'm pretty sure there are a number of instances in both TNG and DS9 where normal humans were able to fight klingons HtH effectively. Also, Legolas seemed to be nearly as strong as the large albino orc, who was pretty damn strong. I don't know exactly if he's supposed to be stronger than most elves, but the klingons might not even has as great a strength advantage as you think. Even if they do though, elven agility means most of a klingons attacks will probably miss anyway.

I just don't really see the klingons being able to take this. I'm sure the elves will take casualties, but I think their accuracy and agility will result in them racking up kills faster than the klingons.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crest: lol we want this to be at least a little fair.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92:

Tolkien stated in Hobbit that Elves can hit small birds in the eye in total darkness lol.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11: the disrupters have a wider range of fire and can kill or cripple the elf regardless of armor where ever it hit them arrows may get caught in armor.

the reason why Klingons armor means little in tng is because they are dealing with phazers and other advanced weapons it would hold up fine against elven weapons.

and Starfleet officers are trained to fight Klingons elves aren't

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@freefa11: the disrupters have a wider range of fire and can kill or cripple the elf regardless of armor where ever it hit them arrows may get caught in armor.

the reason why Klingons armor means little in tng is because they are dealing with phazers and other advanced weapons it would hold up fine against elven weapons.

Elves are trained to fight a lot scarier stuff than Klingons. Elves have fallen Balrogs, Fell Beasts, Dragons, and carve up giant spiders, orcs, and goblins like it's their job. If you are trying to tell me that Starfleet Officers are more combat capable than elves then I don't know you may be beyond reason.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde:

False. Elves are far stronger than average humans. Legolas' bow had a draw weight of 150 lbs, and he drew his bow quickly and adeptly over and over in rapid succession with absolute ease. Furthermore he pulled Aragorn and Gimli (fully laiden with gear) by himself up the side of the deeping wall. That is at the very least 500 lbs of weight to lift. We also see him nearly equal in strength to Bolg, a massive pale orc, and he was strong enough to smash through a support pillar of foot thick wood with Bolg's head.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're still ignoring elven accuracy. The arrows aren't going into armor; 99% of their shots are going to go right through a klingon's head. I've also never seen klingons ever use disruptors on a wide setting; if it's even possible, it is massively out of character for them to even think of doing it. And do you have an official source? Romulan disruptors I could see with a wide beam setting because they are still beam weapons, but from what I recall, Klingon disruptors fire bolts of energy, not beams. What would the "wide" setting on a Klingon disruptor actually do, fire a giant disc or something?

Based entirely on the shows, I'm not sure those shiny suits Klingons wear is even supposed to be actual armor. It's not just phasers that get through it; it seems to offer little to no protection from ordinary knives or even human punches and kicks. Even if the elves have difficulty making their head shots (which they wouldn't), unless you have a source clearly indicating the effectiveness of Klingon armor against piercing weapons, I don't think it would provide much protection anyway.

What do you mean by "trained to fight klingons?" Riker humiliated a high ranking officer by striking him in the stomach, then the face, then slamming his head into a console. Riker is not superhumanly strong, or tough, nor is he ever portrayed as being a highly skilled warrior. I don't recall any mention of any kind of special training he (or anyone else) undertook to exploit specific Klingon phsiological weaknesses or anything of the like. All indications are he simply hit the Klingon really hard a couple of times. This isn't really an isolated incident either. Average Klingon soldiers rarely demonstrate a significant advantage in combat compared to humans of about the same size.