#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

Battle in a City Ruble Lanscape. Start 500 feet part out of sight.

#2 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

I see the Predators utilizing the laser nets to aid them in setting up ambushes and blocking off entire alleys in the city which could hinder the rate of distance the Space Marines are capable of covering meaning more time to scout out the terrain and formula plans. The laser nets could also function as a funneling mechanism which would allow the Predators to pick off the Space Marines from high ground with their Plasma Casters, while the Space Marines will have a limit range of mobility due to being packed into tight corridors. As far as combat expertise and physical stats, the Predators and Space Marines are probably on a similar level, but I will be willingly to give the Predators an edge in mobility due to superior speed and agility and the Space Marines an edge in durability and strength due to enhancements and their power armour. As far as weapons, both have there advantages and disadvantages, but since my knowledge on the WHK40 Universe is limited I can't really make an accurate speculation on who has the edge in this category.

Does anyone have any feats that display the Space Marines competency in combat?

#3 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: I have loads. In this case the best feats would be for top tier Marines. The veterans are such.

Here are some any way.

Raclaw and Marines vs Chaos Forces.

Vs Thousand Son Chaos Marines.

Vs Ork Mobs.

Raclaw vs Chaos Champion of Nurgle.

4 Vets vs a Ork WAAAAGH.

Some Feats there.

#4 Edited by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

I'm not particularly impressed with their combat feats in comparison to the Predator's showing, in most of those showings for the Space Marines they had the support of a large force with artillery, combat walkers, air support, and etc. I remember one particular feat for the Predator in the comic "Blood Feud" where a small group of hunters were able to crush an army of the most skilled samurai during Tokugawa Tsunayoshi reign as shogun with their standard hunting assortment. I will go through my gallery and post some combat showings for the Predators, but if these are the Space Marines best feats then I would have to give the combat expertise edge to the Predators.

Side Note: The Predators who lack the symbol of their clan on their helmet are "Initiates" who have a severely limited skillset and a pool of experience to call on since they are still considered youngsters, and they aren't officially affiliated with any particular clan either.

#5 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Marines.

#6 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Looks like your collection expanded a bit since last time. Good to see.

In the near futur my Terminator Omnibus's will be in. I will scan them and we should have a classic Terminator vs Predator battle lol.

#7 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool battle; however, I don't think there is much in the Predators' arsenal that can effectively penetrate the Void Hardened Power Armor; it may not be the Mark VIII Errant Power Armor, but it is still a Power Armor set. That is Ceremite plating; the same material used for the hulls of combat space vessels, in the Warhammer 40K universe. Not to mention, that without their armor, a Space Marine is a normal human that has been chosen for his warrior's prowess to be made into a genetically altered/enhanced being that has a dense bone plating around their organs (which most organs have duplicates to accommodate when one fails or needs assistance) and vital tissue that have been said to withstand stubber rounds, glands that excrete endorphins to eliminate pain and fatigue, enzymes that clot blood from open wounds to prevent bleeding out. Their strength is more than quadrupled, outside their armor; and inside their Power Armor, have been said to have the ability to rip the hatches of a Lemun Russ battle tank with moderate effort. Their combat speeds are at meta human, or sightly above, standards. If the Predators wanted to fight H2H, they would find themselves slightly outmatched, not considering weaponry. Considering H2H weaponry, the combat speed and chain sword wielded by the SMs' will be too much for the Predator to contend with. And the SMs' plasma pistol will allow them to trade shots with the Predators and work out a strategy to close the distance.

Space Marines also fight this tier of enemy regularly, and do so consistently outnumbered by significant amounts, while coming out victorious.

Space Marines for the win 8-9/10

#10 Edited by Sheps13 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry but these elite predators would just rape these marines despite their training and feats..you have to understand these predators have the best gear, best training and would and have faced toucher challenges then 3 marines...not taking anything away from their feats coz they are impressive but if i was a betting man, and if i were to bet my balls to be kicked by a beautiful woman i would bet with both sets on the predators

#11 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo the Vet Salamanders take this encounter, regardless of the Preds going into stealth mode they still need to move & that makes noise!! The hearing from the SM is Superhuman so the Preds imo wont get the drop on them which is their speciality.

The Salamaders will have the durabilty firepower & skill to make short work of the Preds.

#13 Posted by Pierpat (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

Sally's FTW!

They are stronger,have a wide range of equipment, have better aim and ALOT more experience( at least 200 years of war......)

#14 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Yeah, we all know how that thread will end up when captain 1000 troll accounts shows up.

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Yeah, we all know how that thread will end up when captain 1000 troll accounts shows up.

Dont know who that is.

#17 Posted by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

TerminatorFan, or whatever one of his many many accounts have not been banned yet.

#18 Edited by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 how u doing? :) was laid low with the flu for a few wks & between that had major problems on my PC but all sorted now so hope to spend more time on the vine :)

#19 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo the Vet Salamanders take this encounter, regardless of the Preds going into stealth mode they still need to move & that makes noise!! The hearing from the SM is Superhuman so the Preds imo wont get the drop on them which is their speciality.

The Salamaders will have the durabilty firepower & skill to make short work of the Preds.

Predators have been able to evade Colonial Marines, who have ultrasound radars apart of there standard loadouts, and Xenomorphs, who are able to detect things via electroreception. I haven't seen anything skill-wise that would suggest that the Space Marines are superior in combat compared to Elder Predators.

#20 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

Cool battle; however, I don't think there is much in the Predators' arsenal that can effectively penetrate the Void Hardened Power Armor; it may not be the Mark VIII Errant Power Armor, but it is still a Power Armor set. That is Ceremite plating; the same material used for the hulls of combat space vessels, in the Warhammer 40K universe. Not to mention, that without their armor, a Space Marine is a normal human that has been chosen for his warrior's prowess to be made into a genetically altered/enhanced being that has a dense bone plating around their organs (which most organs have duplicates to accommodate when one fails or needs assistance) and vital tissue that have been said to withstand stubber rounds, glands that excrete endorphins to eliminate pain and fatigue, enzymes that clot blood from open wounds to prevent bleeding out. Their strength is more than quadrupled, outside their armor; and inside their Power Armor, have been said to have the ability to rip the hatches of a Lemun Russ battle tank with moderate effort. Their combat speeds are at meta human, or sightly above, standards. If the Predators wanted to fight H2H, they would find themselves slightly outmatched, not considering weaponry. Considering H2H weaponry, the combat speed and chain sword wielded by the SMs' will be too much for the Predator to contend with. And the SMs' plasma pistol will allow them to trade shots with the Predators and work out a strategy to close the distance.

Space Marines also fight this tier of enemy regularly, and do so consistently outnumbered by significant amounts, while coming out victorious.

Space Marines for the win 8-9/10

1) The Predator's Plasma Caster is more than sufficient enough to cause a decent amount of damage to the Space Marines's Power Armor. The Plasma Caster has been able to one-shot med-size spaceship with extreme ease.

2) Strength-wise, Predators have been shown to be able to peel the plating off of a armored tank, punch a military vehicle off-road, destroy a small scout helicopter by punching it, throw a decapitated head so hard that it knocks over a military jeep carrying several personnel.

3) Speed-wise, I would have to give the edge to the Predator because their raw speed allows them to easily keep pace with sport cars accelerating at very high speeds.

#21 Edited by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Nick_hero22 The Superhearing is just that SUPER, ur average Joe SM after having the implant installed can hear faintest sound from a vast distance (dont know the exact distance) but heard its as good as a sniffer dogs sense of smell.not only that but they can block out any other noise to focus on the one sound even in the heat of battle.

But these SM are vets & not only that but Salamanders probably one of the best chapters out there that have been in all kind of battle situations against Tyranids (think Aliens & then some) & heavly armed Chaos Marines.They could probably snap a Preds neck with there bare hands.

#22 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: Glad to hear it. I making a respect Thread for the Space Marine soon enough. I will give you all a shout out.

#23 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

Space Marines should take this. There is nothing new for them to deal with here.

#24 Posted by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with this is going to be the durability of he Yautja and the reactions of the Space Marines.

I believe that a veteran Yautja could sneak up on a Space Marine, however their armor is pretty freaking impressive.

I think that the the Yautja would be better off trying to close and get off a kill shot with the Combi-stick.

However that is going to be a problem.

If they do sneak up and take get the attack, they are just about to get cut in half by a hail of fire from the other 2. The Space Marines are not going to spilt up, that could be the biggest problem.

#25 Edited by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: Space Marine reaction speed is pretty damned impressive:

Slaps a bullet out of the air at point blank range:

Blocks 3 bullets with the blade of a sword:

Again blocking a bullet with a sword:

“Combat reflexes took over and Rafen drew his bolt pistol in a fraction of a second, his other hand snatching at the hilt of the battle knife resting in a sheath along the line of his spine. He fired a single shot at the High Chaplain, aiming low, aiming to wound, to slow him down. But he might well have called out his intentions in a shout. Astorath swept his blade aside and intercepted the bolt mid-flight with a crack of sound, the round blasting harmlessly into the dirt. Rafen dodged to one side as the weapon’s fast, fluid arc bisected the space where he had been standing, and he rolled, tumbling over red dirt and half-buried rocks.”

page 231-232. Hammer and Bolter. Redeemed

A standard Marine can follow a bullet with their eyes as it travels:

“Gabriel squeezed a couple of shells out of his bolter and watched the little contrails that poured out behind them, as though in slow motion. They spun through the thick, gaseous air and then slipped through a gap in the lava flow, punching into the kaleidoscope of reflections beyond.”

Dawn of War Omnibus p.258

Not to mention predator's have the worst ranged weapon you could possibly use against a Space Marine. Space Marines are encased in ceramite plating while it is very durable to blunt trauma and other such attacks its main property is that it can take extreme heat without much trouble:

Ceramite is a form of ceramic material, used in higher-end types of Imperial armor such as carapace armor, power armor and Terminator armor. Ceramite conducts almost no heat, making it especially heat-resistant and effective against energy-based weapons.

-Description of ceramite

Their armor is made from the same stuff the Imperium uses to walk into plasma reactors. Heck it takes plasma weapons with the same heat as the sun to effectively break through it. Essentially the Predators don't have the tools for the job.

#26 Edited by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92:

I was talking about their reactions being a good thing for them not a bad thing.

#27 Edited by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: Space Marine reaction speed is pretty damned impressive:

Slaps a bullet out of the air at point blank range:

Blocks 3 bullets with the blade of a sword:

Again blocking a bullet with a sword:

“Combat reflexes took over and Rafen drew his bolt pistol in a fraction of a second, his other hand snatching at the hilt of the battle knife resting in a sheath along the line of his spine. He fired a single shot at the High Chaplain, aiming low, aiming to wound, to slow him down. But he might well have called out his intentions in a shout. Astorath swept his blade aside and intercepted the bolt mid-flight with a crack of sound, the round blasting harmlessly into the dirt. Rafen dodged to one side as the weapon’s fast, fluid arc bisected the space where he had been standing, and he rolled, tumbling over red dirt and half-buried rocks.”

page 231-232. Hammer and Bolter. Redeemed

A standard Marine can follow a bullet with their eyes as it travels:

“Gabriel squeezed a couple of shells out of his bolter and watched the little contrails that poured out behind them, as though in slow motion. They spun through the thick, gaseous air and then slipped through a gap in the lava flow, punching into the kaleidoscope of reflections beyond.”

Dawn of War Omnibus p.258

Not to mention predator's have the worst ranged weapon you could possibly use against a Space Marine. Space Marines are encased in ceramite plating while it is very durable to blunt trauma and other such attacks its main property is that it can take extreme heat without much trouble:

Ceramite is a form of ceramic material, used in higher-end types of Imperial armor such as carapace armor, power armor and Terminator armor. Ceramite conducts almost no heat, making it especially heat-resistant and effective against energy-based weapons.

-Description of ceramite

Their armor is made from the same stuff the Imperium uses to walk into plasma reactors. Heck it takes plasma weapons with the same heat as the sun to effectively break through it. Essentially the Predators don't have the tools for the job.

PREDATOR: Cold War by Nathan Archer ISB 0-553-57493-0

Pages 208 - 209

For a moment the spear supported him; then the incredibly sharp spearhead cut through his spine and he slid down the shaft.

Blood ran down the shaft ahead of the dying Russian and he landed facedown in a pool of his own blood, cooling quickly on the ice.

The spear was snatched from his back by a shadow, indistinct figure and the second man down cut loose with his AK-100, spraying bullets at the barely glimpsed spear wielding killer.

The thing moved so fast it almost seemed to be dodging the bullets as it turned and ran back down the canyon. The Russian charged after it, bellowing.

Page 210

Someone, Pushkov or someone obeying Pushkov, fired; Gunin felt burning lines of pain as bullets tore through his right sleeve and through his arm but the pain was not bad, not enough to make him scream-- the spikes had already hurt him enough to deaden his sensitivity.

The creature holding the spear seemed to side-step the bullets easily.

Then it jabbed the spear forward, and Gunin no longer worried about spikes or bullets, or anything else as the thing cut his heart out with a single quick gesture.

After that, the alien disappeared, blurring into invisibility

Page 213

"I care about something," she told him, "I care about my men!"

"Yeah, I care about something," Schaefer said. "I care about the fact that when that thing's done with your friends, it'll probably find us. Do you have a knife?"

She blinked up at him. "A knife?"

"Those things are fast enough to dodge bullets, if they see them coming," Schaefer explained. "And even if you hit them, they're damn near bulletproof. Knives, well... they can dodge knives too, if they have a chance but I don't intend to give this one a chance."

Alien vs Predator War by S.D. Perry ISBN 0-553-57732-8

Page 172 to 173

The Queen continued in her bursts of screams, all but hidden by a mass of her minions, bugs jumping into the battle as more came out of the dark, running at the Hunters, the Hunters dancing and cutting like samurai-- both alien groups slowly, steadily gaining ground on the three humans.

Lara didn't think about it, couldn't, aiming and firing and aiming again, the bugs blasted into acid splash as the Hunters dodged and fought, and somehow managed not to die-- CLICK CLICK CLICK-- AND Lara heard Noguchi's weapon go dry, even over the screams and explosions, as chilling as terrible as the Queen's fury.

Plasma Caster damage output against a spaceship