• 29 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

• Robin ( the Teen Titans TV show, the Young Justice TV show & the Young Justice comics )

• Speedy ( also the Teen Titans TV show, the Young Justice TV show & the Young Justice comics )

• BatmanfromThe Animated Series ( all movie feats from the respective universe apply as well )

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• Aang ( Avatar: The Last Airbender TV show )

• Appa ( Avatar: The Last Airbender TV show )

• Combustion Man ( Avatar: The Last Airbender TV show )

The Stipulations

• There will be no fighting amongst the team members of the same team. Hence, teamwork will be as fluid as possible.

• All combatants will have their standard gear.

• There will be no preparation for either side.

• No team will have prior knowledge on the other.

• Aang only get's airbending for this battle.

• All combatants will be in-character. No Avatar State for Aang.

• The Location Team Aang will start will be in the Foggy Swamp, combined with this rendered terrain of Temple Run 2, where Team Batman will start.
No Caption Provided

( This is the Temple Run 2 terrain. Where Team Batman will start. ^ )

No Caption Provided

( <- This is middle of the battlefield where our both teams' terrains connect. Use your imagination. )

No Caption Provided

( <- Within the trees of the second pic. This is what it will look like inside, within the forest. )

No Caption Provided

( <- Base camp for Team Aang. )

Alas. Let's start.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag plz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Exposition - Post 1

First off! We’d like to take the time to briefly describe our character’s backstories and capabilities. If you’re sure you’re well versed into Avatar: The Last Airbender and know these characters well enough, then you you don’t have to read it at all. NOTE: Feats in this section are significant to remind A:TLA veterans what these characters can do.

Backstories and Capabilities

Aang

Backstory

Aang is the main attraction of Avatar: The Last Airbender. He finds out he’s destined to be the Avatar, the person who makes peace among nations and people. He runs away on Appa when he founds out the truth that he’s to learn the 4 elements that is air, water, earth and fire, and incidentally entraps himself with his powers in a heavy storm, underwater, in a dome of ice with his waterbending powers, later to be found a hundred years later, alive. That’s where the Avatar story starts. Aang is very agile and fast, granted by his powers of air manipulation. In this battle, Aang will only have his airbending skills & powers and he will not be having the Avatar State. The Avatar state is an Avatar’s trademark power, when all the elements are at their control and when an Avatar is enhanced by the souls and powers of previous Avatars that have passed.

Powers/Attributes/Skillz

Aang’s capabilities are mainly air-related powers which include huge blasts, orbs, and of the sort.

These are a few initial examples of some of his abilities to get things started:

Offensive power: Aang is a tremendously powerful bender, and when he gets serious his raw strength is overwhelming.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I believe these are fairly self-explanatory.

Defensive abilities: Aang can also use airbending to defend himself from all sorts of attacks, ranging from projectiles to energy attacks.

Defending himself from arrows-will come in handy against your projectile weapons
Defending himself from arrows-will come in handy against your projectile weapons
Capable of blocking explosions-will help against your explosive weaponry
Capable of blocking explosions-will help against your explosive weaponry

Speed/agility: Aang is naturally quick and agile, and he can use airbending to enhance his speed and agility even further. He's a difficult opponent to tag.

He's quite maneuverable and hard to hit
He's quite maneuverable and hard to hit
Reaction to one of Combustion Man's blasts in slow-mo
Reaction to one of Combustion Man's blasts in slow-mo

Appa

Appa is the adorable but colossal air bison that’s Aang’s ride, friend, and close pet.

Powers/Attributes/Skillz

Appa’s attributes include immense strength, durability, speed, flight and can produce powerful air attacks of his own. He is the bison species that the airbenders used to ride on.

As a showcase of his power:

No Caption Provided

Sparky Sparky Boom Man ( an old alias, our guy doesn't have a solid name )

Better known as Combustion Man, C-Man was a hired gunboy who dealt with Aang and his gang. The gang which helped Aang . He took on all 4 members of the “gaang” which included Aang, Katara, Toph and Zuko, each representing their own capabilities which was air, water, earth, and fire manipulation -- manipulation is called “bending” in the Avatar-verse. None were able to defeat him.

Powers/Attributes/Skillz

His capabilities includes tremendous durability and combustion bending, where he can execute a large concussive blast from a third eye he has on the center of his forehead. He produces this power through the will of his mind.

Pretty straightforward. Here's an example:

No Caption Provided

Accoutrement

Aang's Air Staff - It enhances Aang's air abilities which can produce tornado-like powers and huge gusts of wind. The staff also comes with it's own wings which can be used for gliding and essentially flying through the air.

Aang's Bison Whistle - Aang uses this whistle to call Appa for his aid whenever Appa is needed.

The Battle Starter

Our team's first move would be Aang teaching Combustion Man how to ride Appa. After that, for the meat of the battle, Mr. C will be riding on Appa and attacking from range, from the sky. Since the location your team starts in is completely open at the top, C-Man will have no problem locating the members of your team and destroying your base and your people. This would be the perfect combo on both fronts of offense and defense. On the offense, Spark Boom Man's colossal, concussive attacks will disorient your team's side of the battlefield and there's a strong change it will KO your team. It will kill your members of your team when it hits directly or if it it hits even in the near-vicinity. Appa's gargantuan attacks will be on the offense as well, this includes huge gusts of wind from the air bison's tail, that has KO'd armies. It would be a 1-hit KO if it would land on your team. But this is likely not going to be a factor at the start of the battle yet. While that's happening, Appa's and C-Man's impenetrable durability will also play a role. When I say impenetrable, nothing has ever pierced or even damaged the hides of these characters. C-Man has even tanked his own blast and walked away from it unharmed.

Once Aang has taught C-Man how to ride Appa, Aang will be attacking, disarming and distracting on the ground. Aang will incapacitate and disarm any opponents on his way, if he feels they are of big danger, he'll blow them out for Appa to KO with his tail attacks, or C-Man to blast away or Aang will just BFR them himself, easily at that. Considering Aang's large speed advantage over your team, he should have no problem dodging and countering anything that Batman or Robin has to throw at him. Aang can react to Speedy's arrows and blow them away. Aang has a passive-aggressive style of fighting where he evades and attacks, and that will be a huge nuisance for your team.

While this happens, C-Man will continue to neutralize and destroy any of your team's defenses if your team has any, and completely disorient any foundation that's there. I wish you good luck & perhaps an eventual farewell when your team will have to constantly deal with the constant waves of destructive, concussive blasts of Combustion Man's attacks, then eventually Appa's attacks and Aang's ground-game which your team's chances of stopping any of these, are extremely minimal.

In the case your team chooses to run into the the depths the Foggy Swamp, Aang will be there to greet you. Once you're there he'll blow the bison whistle when Appa will come and along with Aang's help push you guys back to your base. And Combustion Man will still blow you guys up from the sky.

The C-Man-Appa defense is virtually impenetrable.

Sincerely By,

L. D. & Arcus

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

OK this does seem cool, I enjoyed Arcus' last CAV and a cartoon CAV would be an interesting read. Tag me for votes please, I'll follow this one.

Rayox21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MErulezall

@llehdevil: Yo Alright sorry for being so late, work got busy and honestly I couldn't even press the button to post it so without any problems Ill post it now, Baztet will prolly have his posted soon after cause he was working on his as well, anyway Take note this is an opener and we will begin out counters shortly. Alright its time to get into it!

Robin the Boy wonder and Speedy the Red Archer!

Robin

Robin is an intelligent young man who is the leader of the group called Teen Titans. The Teen titans live in the Titan Tower and is where they also train and practice their stuff before going off to fight villains. Robin is noted for not only being a wise leader, but a powerful combatant in fact so good that he literally is prolly the number 1 street fighter in the series, the only person who can bring a challenge to him and his fighting skills would be Slade, Red X, and Speedy. Take note although robin does lead a group just fine he will have 1 ally he knows very well and another that is on his level of thinking as well. On top of this what also makes Robin deadly is his special gear, now I'll be taking a few of his gear down below showing what he has, but take note he's got other gear as well that he does use more, but this will be shown as the CaV goes on.

Robins Gear

Birdarangs

Birdarang

Collapsible bo-staff

Flash Bombs

Robin's stuff

Grappling cables

Robin's gear

Explosive discs

Robin's Gear

With this gear hes more than a match, but just in case he isn't be prepared for I got more to come. However to add to robin being not only deadly with just gear and martial skill, he is known for forming up quick on the feet plans, and also is known for Escapologist, Tracking, Master of stealth and disguise, and Master detective along with well everything else we know about him as well. With that said he's a person to be focused on... Too bad that wont happen because he's got his back covered by!

Speedy

Speedy is an amazing archer and a good adapter to his surroundings and has tons of arrows to handle almost any situation including your team. On top of that he's fought robin equally and has fired tons of arrows per second. He is known for also moving about causing problems with his arrows, but don't let that fool you. He is also smart about approach dangerous situations and has even been considered "robin" due to his ability to be just as skilled, adaptive, and cunning. The only thing I think he honestly lacks is his leadership skills, but never mind that we've got two tactical masters on this team, and with that said speedy's gonna take your team down with robin! Unlike robin though speedy does provide excellent long range hits, distributions and so on to anyone who is unlucky enough to be in his aim, with that said we will be covering the basics of speedy's gear.

Speedy's gear

regular arrows

exploding arrows

Speedy

heat-seeking arrows

Speedy

electric arrows

With that said, he's got your team on lock down ranging from heat seeking arrows to electric, anything else is just a bonus for my team. We got the gear, the abilities, and the strategy on our team to over come anything you have to offer, and then some more!

I will counter your team tomorrow, by posting a counter with baztet's counter within it, so it will be easier. If that's cool with you two @arcus@llehdevil

@baztet your up.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arcus1

@lvenger said:

OK this does seem cool, I enjoyed Arcus' last CAV and a cartoon CAV would be an interesting read. Tag me for votes please, I'll follow this one.

:) :)

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright sorry this got deleted, I know it's just my opener, yet I had to kind of cut it short in a sense, enjoy.

Batman!

The Bat Background

Batman, man what this guy has went through so many hard times with so many villains. Additionally Batman is adaptive, elusive, cunning, and patient. He uses his various gear and tech to over come his enemies, these can range from batarangs to smoke bombs to other important items for any situation that is put before him. Due to being a natural lone person he does have leadership skills as in the show he works often well with his partner robin, who in turn is no slacker either. However, the robin we are using is not that robin, with that said batman has everything he needs to take down your team, and as always I will also be going over my gear as my opener will be similar my partner as we don't want the person to get confused here. Anyway without further adieu we will move on to his gear,

The Bat Gear

Batman as I said has various things he can use depending on the situation and down below will be his most basic of gear, I will bring up more of the batman's effective gear as we continue this debate!

First off the batarangs! Yes these deadly and effective simple batarangs can help batman whenever he needs it! They can be used for cutting, disarming, slicing, and so on. He can throw these quicker than people can react sometimes and uses them very effective!

Next up the grappling hook! What more could you ask for?!

Sonic Batman sticker you know to cause some noise and to break some thought process on the enemy.

Batman

binoculars That's right, batman can scout your people with enhanced bat vision!

Batman

The bat grapple gear, being used to pin down people, take note thought that he does have the other thing as well to use which will be shown down below. Idk what to call it.

Lastly tear drops in the form of ga- I mean gas pills to blind u for when he gets in close and decides to slap your team's face.

Batman

Anyway these are the few but plenty of gadgets batman does use and he does use them as always to his advantage almost every time, so when it comes down to it as speedy and robin play distraction you can count on batman finishing the job.

Final thoughts!

Batman has shown extreme durability and excellent fighting skill, on top of that he uses the environment to his advantage and has the gear to see your team come way before your own team sees mine. From there on we can work as a team to take you down, and all it would take is to see your third eye'd freak to fire once and thus our team will be right on him. Aang will be a problem due to his evasion skills, but its nothing the team can't handle and we are all evasive fighters ourselves, something aang rarely fights too. On top of that we don't just move we move while attacking and defending while attacking. To end it all our team will be given a decent fight against you guys, but in the end we will be the ones standing on top!

@merulezall It's done man it's done!

@arcus@llehdevil Do me and merulezall counter you or what? I dont think we really should of started counters on the way just given ideas of how to square off before squaring off, but Me and him can come up with some hard counters for you if you want or if you want u can post first?

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How was I not tagged for this? I think these tags are coming up short honestly. Please tag for votes.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: umm, probably something like that, yeah

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V. Sounds cool

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright Sorry for the wait, as I said been busy, but time to counter, take note If baztet has covered something already I wont be necessary covering it as I felt he has already discussed it enough. Example is when he talks about your C-man tanking his own blast, I felt he's already proven it so no need to repeat.

My Counters

Our team's first move would be Aang teaching Combustion Man how to ride Appa. After that, for the meat of the battle, Mr. C will be riding on Appa and attacking from range, from the sky. Since the location your team starts in is completely open at the top, C-Man will have no problem locating the members of your team and destroying your base and your people. This would be the perfect combo on both fronts of offense and defense. On the offense, Spark Boom Man's colossal, concussive attacks will disorient your team's side of the battlefield and there's a strong change it will KO your team. It will kill your members of your team when it hits directly or if it it hits even in the near-vicinity. Appa's gargantuan attacks will be on the offense as well, this includes huge gusts of wind from the air bison's tail, that has KO'd armies. It would be a 1-hit KO if it would land on your team. But this is likely not going to be a factor at the start of the battle yet. While that's happening, Appa's and C-Man's impenetrable durability will also play a role. When I say impenetrable, nothing has ever pierced or even damaged the hides of these characters. C-Man has even tanked his own blast and walked away from it unharmed.

As Baztet has said, time is not only against you with people with our kind of prep, but lets say he even learns how to ride with appa which is completely fine that he knows how. This doesn't mean when appa has to make quick moves to dodge incoming objects that C-man will be able to withstand the sudden moves. He's strong, sure but this doesn't mean that he can ride on a moving target AND be able to sustain himself due to objects coming at him while appa's going around trying to dodge this. On top of that lets say Appa ignores their flying objects' Mainly speedy, Lets bring in some speedy feats shall we?

Speedy's explosive arrows can cause some major harassment towards Appa, as shown down below

Example 1

Example 2

Speedy

I understand example two is a combined effort of both colliding but lets not forget thats a pretty big explosion considering appa got scared and went crazy when he took a little hit from the fire nation rock. Furthermore, speedy's got other arrows to take care of appa if this doesn't put a settle to your mind that he can indeed scare appa and prolly hurt him enough to take him out of the fight. On top of that you send your MVP down to face against two people that are quite similar to him, but in all honestly are far better in both gear and fighting abilities and Ill explain why as I keep on going with your statements on how you would take us on.

Once Aang has taught C-Man how to ride Appa, Aang will be attacking, disarming and distracting on the ground. Aang will incapacitate and disarm any opponents on his way, if he feels they are of big danger, he'll blow them out for Appa to KO with his tail attacks, or C-Man to blast away or Aang will just BFR them himself, easily at that. Considering Aang's large speed advantage over your team, he should have no problem dodging and countering anything that Batman or Robin has to throw at him. Aang can react to Speedy's arrows and blow them away. Aang has a passive-aggressive style of fighting where he evades and attacks, and that will be a huge nuisance for your team.

Let me now counter this while im at it as well, In this competition robin and speedy were considered the two best out of some tough people, and lets note speedy is close to robin in a lot of stats and down below goes to show that Speedy can adapt fairly quickly as well to situations that are given before him. This means he can adapt to your team, so in other words the longer you fight the better he will have at breaking ur team with just him by himself. Let's note that since two of your teammates are basically together this will limit your amount of fighting ability by quite a margin as well, since you know that is your great plan.

On top of that speedy can shoot arrows on the move and can dodge in coming attacks from C-man, all while he again causes C-man you lose focus which is a proven thing he has to do in order to do his attack on top of standing still.

Robin/Speedy

However, unlike C-man my boy speedy doesn't need to stand still to unload tons of arrows at your team to keep them on their toes,

Speedy

In case you also doubt how accurate Speedy is and robin heres a few examples down below,

Speedy stopping robin's small disk,

Speedy

Additionally of that while your busy dodging speedy's arrows you really think aang's gonna handle both batman and robin? Lets see robin is constantly moving, even as rocks fall he manages to get on them and leap and attack speedy quite well.

Robin

Can evade just like aang can and even better dodge in coming attacks. Most importantly he can use his gear to pull aang in in which he just did to speedy.

Robin/Speedy

In case that wasn't enough though of dodging lets see him dodge some more attacks like Oh i don't know the following series down below of showing what he can do.

Once more dodging speedy's arrows and countering with an attack once more something Aang doesn't do even remotely close to how much robin follows suit with evade and attacks. Even if he did robin does respond quite quickly and is still very adaptive.

On top of that he still evades along with counters as well against speedy, stuff that aang would have trouble with.

Evading laser bolts from slade's droids

Teen Titans English Season 2 Episode 10 Betrayal

evading some more lasers bolts from slade's droids,

Teen Titans English Season 2 Episode 10 Betrayal

Lastly, I'd like to take note once robin gets a hold of aang to where aang does have to fight, one punch should end aang and K.O him at the least. Aang does have good durability,

but so did slade,

Robin Vs. Slade-I Stand Alone

and Slade's fodder you know the robot henchmen: hint notice the flying metal head,

Robin

Cinderblock,

Skip to 12:48

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bg6pr_teen-titans-episode-25-aftershock-part-1_fun

Control freak's big minion,

Skip to 5:08

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bfqxm_teen-titans-episode-18-fear-itself_fun

Also as always if the case isn't helping fighting in the spot they are at Robin and Ik batman will quickly provide cover to make a quick get away blinding anyone who tries to follow them, and with that said speedy will be right at their tail as well. This will allow them to take things a more tactical approach as well, so as I said the longer we fight you the more we will over come you.

Skip to 7 mins sharp.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bg6pr_teen-titans-episode-25-aftershock-part-1_fun

Either way, you wont be knocking us out with appa's swinging his tail. Those bugs were just that.. Bugs the titans face better fodder and villains that put these little so called bugs to shame. If you don't believe me when has Appa used his tail again against even other foes that plague team avatar? Lets also take a look at when he fought Zuko and Aang.. They were moving the whole time appa has to turn his back towards the target to slam and hopefully hit a target, which by the way is MOVING just as fast if not faster,

This is the example you want me to believe that you think Appa is going to win against my team?

https://youtu.be/lg-KebfTS9s?t=16m30s

Really? I think this a slightly sped up version, but regardless Appa isn't as effective as you believe and the air travel will weaken especially with him being as high as you want him to be. As I stated before hes a moving target that Speedy can hit. C-man needs to be stable and focused to use his move, and thats basically it as well.

Aang has never BFR removed someone or has rarely done it to foes that he not only doesn't know, but to people he's been fighting the whole series, and also where would he BFR remove them to? Where exactly I'd like to know. Aang also isn't blowing arrows away as we've seen that he doesn't do it to the Yuyen archers to which guess what? Captured him... With a bow and arrow, and speedy is just as good and can shoot tons of more arrows faster, more accurate, and even more deadlier.

While this happens, C-Man will continue to neutralize and destroy any of your team's defenses if your team has any, and completely disorient any foundation that's there. I wish you good luck & perhaps an eventual farewell when your team will have to constantly deal with the constant waves of destructive, concussive blasts of Combustion Man's attacks, then eventually Appa's attacks and Aang's ground-game which your team's chances of stopping any of these, are extremely minimal.

Once more this will not happen, as we've stated that my team can withdraw and head to a better environment for them to adapt to, or simply cause appa to keep moving causing his aiming abilities to all but be eliminated from the equation.

In the case your team chooses to run into the the depths the Foggy Swamp, Aang will be there to greet you. Once you're there he'll blow the bison whistle when Appa will come and along with Aang's help push you guys back to your base. And Combustion Man will still blow you guys up from the sky.

Realize Robin and the team use the environment to their advantage way more than you think right? Way more than C-man and for sure more than appa who was tricked by a simple trap by the leader of the Dai Li. C-man also doesn't got vision like we do and the only thing he will be doing is blasting away at nothing all while we will take our time setting him up to get wrecked by once more our various gear and gadgets alike. We are also once more masters of stealth and can travel through the forest quite quickly, as robin has proven his fight against a well imagined slade. On top of that he has went against Katarou in the mountains to find the true master, and with that honestly he under went similar training to airbenders as well. In the end aang's good at what he does, but speedy and for sure robin are better.

I know you hoped for the best, but it's far from impenetrable for the stealth team, sorry your simply going down.

Baztet's Counter.

To counter this our CaV stated no prep, which means the CM will have no time to learn how to ride appa if there already being forced to go after my team, with that said as you take your sweet time learning we will be observing the environment as well as we can to use it for our advantage, as shown in these showings down below we can see that Batman has used his environment very well

Using the water above his head with quick calcs to put an end to joker's plan on killing him,

Batman

Once more using the Environment to favor himself against Mr. Bane,

Batman

and again right off the bat,

Batman

Once more against two face

Batman, batgirl,and Robin vs. Two face

Now with that said your team will be tricked into doing things they don't want to do, either way it will not favor you at all.

Second you said no prep so what makes you think my team out of anyone here is just going to sit there and think about something, when they all show they can think not only on their feet, but also come up with some witty plans? I mean he's bat man his whole approach to targets is stealth, on top of that Appa may be able to dodge air born targets, but soon after we got the patience to wait it out if need be until you rest. As for your Mr. C tanking his own blast, I'd like to point out he's never taken his own blasts he's died from it, example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtT0hR_MpY

On top of that even the a hit will stop him from locking onto his target example... When Zuko knocked him off balance. I can promise you Batman hits a lot harder than zuko due to his villains, just look at bane.... On top of that Batman has taken blows and then kept going. He's also a slow moving target that seems to underestimates his foes just look how he handles zuko wont be trying that again with batman, and we all know batman can use his batarangs to cause some serious disturbances and putting an end to his aim, as shown down below,

Done it to killer croc,

Batman

Done it to joker,

Batman and Robin vs. Joker, Mo, lar, cur

Done it to a few others,

Batman vs. Ventriloquist and ScarfaceBatman

Nothing will happen when C-man is up in the sky, the dense force prevents him from doing anything high ground, you should of known this, when you saw the episodes that take place in the swap only the tree will provide you the open area you need, and even then thats a stretch, also lets not forget that our team can simply evade into the tree itself causing your team even more trouble, and although aang has shown the ability to cause trouble what makes you think our team will fall for that? We are known for the same clever distractions. Your team had a hard time putting down azula and aang isn't a killer, our people may not be killers at first, but when provoked enough they become angry and then real shots become noted for possibly killing.

We can move faster than you can even imagine and lets not over play C-man he isn't the most intelligent man there is, and lets be real one little distraction caused him to lose sight of the avatar and the gaang, something my people are experts at. You also assume you will instantly know where we are at, aang hasn't dealt with disappearing acts like the we got team has, heck he hasn't even dealt with the gear batman brings, so with that said anything can happen, even the robes that are being thrown like this can make short work of the young man.

Batman

If it can hold bane for that long, aang aint escaping and combustion man would be useless.

This maybe the cause for other people, but not for that Crusaders of the Night Strategy.

Wrap up/Conclusion

Basically, we've concluded that our team is just too fast, too versatile too quick for your team to respond, for every reason you have tried to use we've countered, for every reason to come in hopes of you trying to counter us, we will counter with more evidence to support our claims. In the end your team is good I'll give you that and I'm sure Baztet would feel the same. It's just not good enough to counter our people in this situation and on top of that you already will have a hard time with our most basic of gear, all while I haven't brought in robin's other gear nor speedy's, and I'm sure batman has more waiting for him. Granted both of ours may of been short at the end, but in general most of your argument is all bunched up honestly and so it was hard to break it down and to make a counter, but we did it! Anyway our turn is up, @arcus@llehdevil your move

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man this is getting good!

Rayox21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: No problem man, all good just throw it up when you're ready.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebuttal I - Post 2

CounterArguments

Robin & Speedy

Robin is noted for not only being a wise leader .."

• How is Robin a wise leader? He's lost his emotions over to many matters in the past. Any feats to prove that?

Loading Video...

"..but a powerful combatant in fact so good that he literally is prolly the number 1 street fighter in the series, the only person who can bring a challenge to him and his fighting skills would be Slade, Red X, and Speedy."

• You said "literally" and "prolly" in the same sentence. If you mean something is literal, you mean it is true in the context you are saying it in. So which one?

• So you're saying he's the number 1 street fighter in the series. But he has never has actually beaten Slade or Red X for the matter.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

" Take note although robin does lead a group just fine he will have 1 ally he knows very well and another that is on his level of thinking as well."

• How does Robin lead his group? Throughout the series all I've heard him say is "Titans GO!"

• You need to explain a whole lot more on this level of thinking, and if it’s going to actually matter when our Team is blowing your team's residing location to bits.

Loading Video...

0:30 - C-Man's Blast is so strong it shakes up the residing areas.

1:35 - C-Man blows up the cart completely. Imagine that as one of your team members.

1:40 - The area of the blast beside Aang makes Aang hover so far off it almost KO’s him. There's also a durability feat of Aang.

2:06 - C-Man blows up a huge boulder.

2:16 - Blasting himself and tanks it.

" On top of this what also makes Robin deadly is his special gear, now I'll be taking a few of his gear down below showing what he has, but take note he's got other gear as well that he does use more, but this will be shown as the CaV goes on. "

• You haven't proven how any of this equipment is going to be used realistically on the battlefield. How are any of those going to affect my team let alone be deadly?

• You never explained what your birdarangs can do.

• So what if Robin has a bo-staff? On another note, Aang's staff can enhance his airbending to another degree, can grant him flight and can be used for powerful offensive attacks and defensive moves.

• I don't see what your flash bomb feat has proved. Was it supposed to be funny?

• I doubt Robin will have time to utilize his grappling cables when he's being bombarded by attacks of air-manipulation. He'll get swept and blown in a second. But if your character wants to use it, it just makes for one less character for us to care about.

• Explosive discs sound like the only gear you listed that could be an actual problem. But what's the point if Appa can just sweep them away? Or if Combustion Man can just blow it from the air? Or if Aang just neutralizes the effects by removing your devices from the battlefield?

" However to add to robin being not only deadly with just gear and martial skill "

• None of which you showed us is deadly. You haven't shown legitimate feats for martial skills either.

" Speedy is a good adapter to his surroundings and has tons of arrows to handle almost any situation including your team.s gear. "

• First off you never explained specifically how your arrows will affect our gear, second off our only gear is a bison whistle and there’s Aang's air staff which will only further help Aang deflect Speedy's arrows.

• Aang's already shown he can blow away large amounts of arrows shot at him at the same time. And has shown that he can counterattack while he's at it, with the amount of air he was generating, even just as a defensive tactic.

" has fired tons of arrows per second. "

• I'd like evidence on this statement.

" He is known for also moving about causing problems with his arrows, but don't let that fool you. "

• Don't worry. Aang's already dealt with archers and Appa and Combustion Man are impenetrable. It won't fool us let alone get past our durability.

• I doubt Speedy's going to cause any problems unless you can show solid evidence of intensive damage the arrows are going to do us.

• Aang's known to cause problems without his airbending skills. Imagine this agility without his airbending moves, then with his airbending after soaking this in.
Loading Video...
  • Unless you can prove Batman or Speedy punches faster than Hide, I don't see how either of them are even touching Aang, even with their gear.

" He is also smart about approach dangerous situations and has even been considered "robin" due to his ability to be just as skilled, adaptive, and cunning. "

• If you're going to compare Speedy to Robin, then give Robin more solid feats to go by to actually compare the two.

• I don't see how Speedy's more "cunning" as any of my team members. Besides, Combustion Man always goes for the kill.

Your Gear

• You never even showed what regular arrows, exploding arrows and electric arrows can do.

• Heat-seeking arrows is not a problem for my team. Aang like above has already blown away an army of arrows, 3 slow arrows that are following him would be less than what he’s already dealt with. Besides Aang is much faster than Robin anyways.

" With that said, he's got your team on lock down ranging from heat seeking arrows to electric, anything else is just a bonus for my team. "

• Like I explained. Nothing you said is going to be a obstacle worth caring about so far.

• So far, only your team is suffering a lockdown with my battle tactic.

" We got the gear, the abilities, and the strategy on our team to over come anything you have to offer "

• Gear is irrelevant considering C-Man and Appa's durability and powers. They can tank or blow away anything your team has to bring with what you've said so far.

• Aang is too powerful by himself when protecting Appa, his team members and himself.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Credit goes to ThatGuyWithHeadPhones.

Batman

" The Bat Background

Additionally Batman is adaptive, elusive, cunning.. "

• Is he more cunning that Combustion Man?

Loading Video...
  • Not only can you see his blasts easily blow through the large amount of rock with just force of his blast being launched ( 0:36 ) and he blows right through tidal waves of water after than and you can see Aang dodging every single one of his blasts. He blows team Gaang from the vicinity too due to the area the blast effects.
  • Any remarkable feats of being more adaptive than my team members? Like Aang and Appa who were constantly on the run from all sorts of various enemies throughout the series, being forced to be adaptive whether they chose to be or not?

" He uses his various gear and tech to overcome his enemies, these can range from batarangs to smoke bombs to other important items for any situation that is put before him. "

• None of which can bother my team.

• Your batarangs are too slow to hurt Aang or Appa. Even if it hit's Appa, it’s not going to do anything him or to Combustion Man due to their durability.

• Like I said with the grappling hook for MeRulezAll, you’re just going to get blown away by Aang if you try to use your grappling hook.

• The sonic sticker is just going to get blown away like how Aang’s going to blow away arrows.

• I don’t see what the binoculars will gain him here. He’s too slow to evade any of the attacks my team brings to the table. So I don't see him having enough time to utilize that gear.

• The gas spray will never be a problem considering we’re going to be using air attacks to keep distance from you when we attack. We won’t be going h2h any time soon.

" Batman has shown extreme durability "

• More than Appa or Combustion Man?

" he uses the environment to his advantage and has the gear to see your team come way before your own team sees mine. "

• Considering it takes place above in a forest, Appa will be flying above your base the trees, then attack you base which will be easy to see since it’s completely withing open ground on the top. Considering the Foggy Swamp trees are too tall for your team to see through, this will not be a factor.

" From there on we can work as a team to take you down, and all it would take is to see your third eye'd freak to fire once and thus our team will be right on him. "

• This is just not true. How are they going to get on Appa, when Combustion Man is on Appa blowing your team to bits and Appa is flying and attacking you with his own attacks on top of that.

" Aang will be a problem due to his evasion skills, but its nothing the team can't handle and we are all evasive fighters ourselves, something aang rarely fights too. "

• Your team is not elusive enough, when they have no knowledge on Aang's airbending skills. They won't be able to touch Aang with any of their attacks let alone harm him with their "elusiveness".

" On top of that we don't just move we move while attacking and defending while attacking. "

• Very slowly perhaps. Aang has learned to be constantly on his feet and develop a passive-aggressive style which will be a pain for your team.

" To end it all our team will be given a decent fight against you guys, but in the end we will be the ones standing on top! "

• You have failed to prove that, at least so far

Elenchus

Main points you’ve mentioned to us:

• C-Man can’t ride on a Appa and be able to sustain himself due to objects coming at him while Appa's going around trying to dodge projectiles.

Aang has rode on Appa without trouble or quick movements hindering him. And the other members of the Gaang were never disturbed when they rode on Appa’s back either. Going by feats from the show, you’re thinking this through too much.

Aang's been able to ride Appa comfortably and destroy obstacles while he's at it, jumping on and off Appa too. Considering this has happened plenty of times, I don’t see why C-Man can’t just point and shoot.

Sure, let's say one of your arrows happens to land on C-Man. What in your arsenal will actually hurt him? This is assuming the arrows are going to hit him, considering Appa's already a good dodger himself, dodging Fire Nation bomb-comets frequently throughout the series. And Combustion Man is disorienting or KOing your team with his blasts.

• C-Man won’t know how to ride on Appa.

Katara and Sokka were just fine when they first started riding Appa. Throughout the series "Yip, yip" was all it took. From there it was steering the reigns on Appa’s horns. And remember, all team members here are informed of their objective and Appa has been shown to be a very obedient animal.

• Speedy's explosive arrows can cause some major harassment towards Appa, as shown.

On your first example/feat, the arrows are too small to damage Appa, you’ve never shown what damage they can do to penetrate Appa’s hide.

The second example, how do you suppose Robin and Speedy are going to time this correctly to make it hit Appa, considering he’s flying? Considering they’ve never used this tactic against an opponent before and only on themselves.

• A pretty big explosion caused Appa to get scared and and go berserk when he took a little hit from the fire nation rock.

Okay, so when did this happen?

• Speedy's got other arrows to take care of Appa that can scare him and hurt him enough to take him out of the fight.

So far, seeing all your scans, I haven’t seen anything that can potentially hurt Appa let alone get him out of the fight. The explosion on scan 2, might do the trick of bothering Appa, but not hurt him. He’s tanked a Fire Nation comet and shrugged it off before. Unless you can prove to me they are indeed arrows that can indeed scare or hurt Appa.

• I’d send my MVP down to face him against two people that are quite similar to him, but in all honestly are far better in both gear and fighting abilities.

I’m guessing you’re thinking Aang is my MVP? I never mentioned that. Everyone on my team has their unique strengths, and no one here is a particular stand-out from another.

As for being better in gear, Aang can use his air staff to significantly enhance his air-attacks and block and blow away any projectiles thrown at him. As for fighting abilities, maybe he’s lacking in the h2h department against Robin, but even without his airbending, he can be almost untouchable with his style of fighting. But I don’t suppose it’ll ever come down to that. You also haven’t proven enough of your combatants’ agility or power output to prove that they’re in the same league as Aang.

• speedy is close to robin in a lot of stats and down below goes to show that Speedy can adapt fairly quickly as well to situations that are given before him. This means he can adapt to your team, so in other words the longer you fight the better he will have at breaking ur team with just him by himself. Let's note that since two of your teammates are basically together this will limit your amount of fighting ability by quite a margin as well, since you know that is your great plan.

I don’t see what your stats graph is supposed to prove. We’re going by feats here, not by the hearsay and charts of what the Teen Titans show provides us with.

And since when was it that that the scenario would give Speedy or Robin the advantage just because the battle prolongs? Just because your team can adapt to the environment reasonably, does not mean you guys can win. If anything, you guys will be on the run constantly from our attacks from above and on the ground. Aang and Appa also already have experience in the Foggy Swamp. Aang especially, as that is where he dealt with the Yuyan Archers. He’s dealing with 1 of those archers here that has some enhanced gear but shoots slower arrows.

Also if Robin has dodged Speedy’s arrows throughout their battle, why should Aang have any more or even as much trouble?

• On top of that speedy can shoot arrows on the move and can dodge in coming attacks from C-man, all while he again causes C-man you lose focus which is a proven thing he has to do in order to do his attack on top of standing still.

Did you actually see the videos I posted? It was virtually impossible to dodge C-Man’s attack unless you’re Aang. The only way they could avoid it was to use cover. Airbending from Aang was the most viable option to protect them from that blast. Huge piles of boulders didn’t do and neither did large tidal waves of water.

Combustion Man has never lost focus, unless you can prove that.

And in your feat, it shows Robin’s losing his balance considerably and even falls of the platform he’s on. That’s where Aang’s speciality comes in. Disrupt the opponent’s balance and take away their base. While Aang can not only comfortably dodge projectiles, blasts of sorts of fire, tidals of water, large boulders, he can counter-attack while he’s at it.

• However, unlike C-man my boy speedy doesn't need to stand still to unload tons of arrows at your team to keep them on their toes,

That’s right, Speedy might be more maneuverable on his feet, but no one really survives a blast from C-Man unless they have really good cover.

Not only that, but it’s going to take some really good arrows to neutralize Appa or C-Man in the sky. Considering they have very good durability, they’re flying and they’re attacking you. We have a lot more chances of attacking you, than viceversa. Let alone, even if your arrows to reach us, it’s hard to believe it’s going to hurt us.

And if your boy really wants to jump high up in the air like that, he’s going to be smacked out of the air by Aang. Aang has the ability to manipulate air, he’ll take Speedy out of the battle if he chooses to take flight like that and attack.

• Speedy stopping robin's small disk,

Speedy’s stopping a small projectile aimed straight at him. I don’t see how he’s going to stop the combustion boom blast head on when it could come at any direction in the sky. While he has to deal with a master airbender on the ground.

• Additionally of that while your busy dodging speedy's arrows you really think aang's gonna handle both batman and robin? Lets see robin is constantly moving, even as rocks fall he manages to get on them and leap and attack speedy quite well.

Aang’s already proven his maneuverability is better. (Aang v. Ozai Feat.)

• Can evade just like aang can and even better dodge in coming attacks.

How? He was clearly struggling looking at his face and lost his balance while doing so. Falling off the rock he was on.

• Most importantly he can use his gear to pull aang in in which he just did to speedy.

When did he do this?

• Robin can dodge lasers from Slade’s bots.

C-Man’s booms travel faster, and the concussive force behind them is considerable more explosive and cover a larger area than that of the lasers you’ve portrayed.

Also Aang can perform that feat and perform it better.

• Robin kicks Slade.

https://youtu.be/udMua6mx2Jc?t=5m6s

Then Robin get’s trashed after that and in his later fights.

• Robin can one-punch KO Aang.

How is Robin even going to touch Aang first off?

• Batman and Robin would blind anyone on my team who follows them.

Aang’s reflexes and air-bending powers allow him to deflect any projectiles thrown at him or his team members. With his airbending staff, it’d make the job much easier.

• The low-showing of Appa

Let me say that Appa wasn’t going for the kill at the time.

IF he wanted to kill Zuko he would’ve. If you see later in the video, he tries to scare off Zuko. And later in the series he even grows fond of Zuko. Not only that but Aang was having a considerable upper-hand in their fight in that video, so Aang had it handled. And that brings me to my next point, Appa will kill if he see’s his life being threatened or if he see’s Aang’s life being threatened. Considering they’ve very close-bonded friends since they were very young, they’re not going let each other get hurt and let it flow.

Batman

• Our team will not have time because OP stated no prep.

Just because there is no prep, does not mean we can’t use the time from the battle to strategize. This means we’re not taking time apart from the battle for tactics. In this case, Aang’s explaining how riding Appa works. And just because there’s no prep, does not mean we have to attack you guys head-on without any tactics. Aang whispers to C-Man to say yip-yip the code-word to take off and the code-word to land. And he shows how to hold the reins in-flight. Done. That’s not even prep.

• The first four Batman feats you've have displayed.

It shows how Batman uses the environment, sure. But how is he going to kick a tank full of water above someone or grab a pile of rocks and damage someone in the midst of the forest. He has no experience in the Foggy Swamp let alone any forests. Neither do any of your other members, while Aang and Appa do, in this specific swamp. It will help Appa locate your people, which will be another factor that will help out C-Man. On your 3rd scan, Batman’s simply using his superior maneuverability against Bane. While Batman’s already outmatched in that department against the master airbender. On the fourth scan, Batman is good against stealth grabbing a no-name fodder, which probably even C-Man can do. Joking aside, I have no question Aang can do the same against that criminal, and two-face and all of Gotham’s villains in a jiffy.

• Your team can think up witty plans on your feet.

Impress me!

• He’s Batman so his whole tactic is whole approach to targets is stealth.

Remember, we’re talking about the 1990’s animated version here. When has he shown stealth against Bane or the Joker, ever? Sure, he might use his batarangs undercover, but utilization of stealth takedowns or solid prep? I think not from what I’ve seen.

• Just look at how Aang handles Zuko.

Yes, I have. And Zuko has never touched or harmed Aang for the matter. While Aang still maintains his upper-hand in power and skill by the end of the series.

• Batman’s batarang scans.

On all your scans, Batman’s throwing his batarangs at a very slow rate at unprepared obstacles who don’t even know they’re going to be hit. While Aang can easily dodge and counter-attack with his staff.

• Your team can withdraw to a better environment via stealth and adaptation.

Tell me the better environment you’ll run to where you can block and evade C-Man’s attacks, lose a gaining Aang, and an overseeing Appa. Not only that, but Aang’s established experience in the Foggy Swamp, his reflexes and agility will negate your stealth. And if your team tries to run and hide as a tactic, how are you guy’s going to attack us without it backlashing?

• Dense force from C-Man prevents him from shooting from high ground.

Since when?!

• Our team had a hard time killing Azula.

Like I said, Aang had trouble evidently because he was holding back. But to be honest, we won’t even need to kill your team to secure a win. Aang’s fast enough to disarm your all, and if you guys can’t learn to stop, easy, Combustion Man blows you guys up without any questions asked. Appa will intervene too if he see’s you guys trying to utilize sucker punches.

• “We can move faster than you can even imagine and lets not over play C-man he isn't the most intelligent man there is, and lets be real one little distraction caused him to lose sight of the avatar and the gaang, something my people are experts at.”

Well allow me to ask you guys, how would you know what I’m imagining?

Second off. Combustion Man finds these prodigy of kids (the Gaang) with the Avatar when a third of the world where looking for the Avatar. Maybe even more. And no one could find them. But I would hardly call this stupid, or less intelligent man out of anyone here. I’d call that perceptive, tactical, heck even smart to be able to find the Avatar on his own, find his friends and be able to damage their base. I’d call that impressive when he found the Gaang when no one else could and on top of that gave them a run for their money.

And when was this, that he was so distracted to lose sight of Aang and his friends?

And you also mention your people are experts at that. At what? Getting distracted?

• Aang hasn’t dealt with your disappearing acts or Batman’s gear.

No he hasn’t, but he has dealt with worse. Concussive fire blasts, huge Fire Nation comet-bombs, huge boulders from elite Earth Nation soldiers, pure-lightning strikes, archers with a dead-on accuracy, and more. Also the disappearing act you showed, shows the Teen Titans falling back most likely through a sewer line in the midst of San Francisco through the use of a smoke bomb.

What’s the point if Aang can’t blow out of the smoke with his staff? What difference will it make. Also there are no places to simply disappear in a forest. And a forest, like I said, that Aang has experience being in.

Nearly all your disappearing acts require the use of gear, which will simply be blown away by Aang’s airbending.

Not only this, but how will you guys’ perform this act with different members and a completely unique environment?

• Batman’s ropes.

You feat never showed how long Bane was trapped in those ropes. And not to mention, that rope took quite a while to reach Bane, with the camera following the rope for a good 1.5-2 seconds after escaping Batman’s hand, until it completely wrapped itself around Bane. That’s more than enough time for Aang to dodge it or deflect it and even use it against Batman. Even if Aang was to get caught, he could air-spiral out of it. He has a counter-option for his air manipulative powers for every gear you put out. And considering how slow the rope is, C-Man could blow it up from the air.

General Mentions & Clarifications

• Your members in 2 or 3 would be too much for Aang.

Aang throughout the series has proven to multi-task and has proven to be successful by counter-attacking with his passive aggressive fighting style. This style has given all of his enemies trouble.

• Your team can resist Appa’s blasts.

Appa’s consistently one-shotted Mai and Ty Lee, 2 really famous fighters in the A:TLA series for their fighting styles through their non-bending finesse.

• Aang also isn't blowing arrows away as we've seen that he doesn't do it to the Yuyen archers to which guess what? Captured him... With a bow and arrow, and speedy is just as good and can shoot tons of more arrows faster, more accurate, and even more deadlier.

Let me make it clear that Aang only lost to the Yuyan Archers because his friends, Sokka and Katara were very sick, and he was collecting frozen frogs to heal them. If he wasn’t collecting the frogs at the same time as he was evading the arrows from the Yuyan Archers, he would have escaped. And if he wanted to, could have defeated them. Prior to him trying to collect the frozen frogs, he dodged every single arrow shot at him while noticing the army of archers that really have a 100 & hit ratio.

Speedy is not only a lone archer here, but in his fight against Robin, Robin consistently dodges almost every arrow Speedy throws at him. And dominates the fight eventually. Considering Aang is faster than Robin in all aspects and has legitimate feats to show he performs very well against archers, he should have no problem dealing with Speedy. He’s not dealing with anything new here. He is in fact dealing with much, much less arrows; one of those archers. And even then, it's debatable whether Speedy's marksmanship skills are on par with 1 Yuyan archer's abilities. Speedy's arrows from what I've seen are only slightly amped.

• C-Man died because he blasted himself and he never tanked his own blast.

Though I’ve shown you the feat above where in fact C-Man has tanked his own blast. The only reason he died was because his 3rd eye was disrupted and the platform he was on was too weak to withstand his own attack. So it crumbled and he went down with the infrastructure. He did not blow himself up, it was a the effect of the force of the blast blowing up the platform he was on.

• Katarou’s training was like the training of airbenders.

Well through-out A:TLA, they have never shown what the airbender training regimen was, so how would you know exactly?

Sincerely By,

L. D. & Arcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baztet: *Flexes as many of muscles as I can without trying to look too angular.* Take your time. Just remember, we/I took longer than you guys.

L. D.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: Yeah, been busy but should have mine done within a day or two left!