• 71 results
#1 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins

#2 Posted by Adam Warlock (723 posts) - - Show Bio

croc

#3 Posted by Adam Warlock (723 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple logic, the scales of the croc are too thick to bite through with those small teeth (or do they even have any?) and the snapping velocity of a crocs jaw is aprox. 2 tons. soo...

#4 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio

the croc because even if it doesn't have a terrian advantage (water) it skin is semi armored as for the komodo dragons which have smooth scales. The average fully grown salt water crocodile can reach nearly twenty one feet and wiegh more than a ton while athere are giants that reached 28 feet and over a ton and a half. Komodo dragons can barely reach 11 and the teeth are too small to puncture a croc's skin so the bacteria/primitive venom (K.Ds are being classified as snakes as well as monitors) A croc's bite is the strongest in all of the animal species at around 5,000 psi and would rip the dragon in half. Unlike K.D's crocodiles also have a special circulatory system that can cut off blood flow to ripped or biten off limbs so the amount of blood lose for a missing limb is minimal. Assuming the K.Ds are fully rested and have soaked up alot of sun than the croc should have these conditions as well. so in my opinion curbstomp....croc wins

#5 Posted by Adam Warlock (723 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice one again

#6 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio

also a croc has a three chambered heart compared to a K.Ds two chambered so more oxygenated blood to the body for longer endurance as well a croc has a stong tail capable of cracking bone so it is lethal in all areas of combat. The species of Crocodile have been around for 365 million years plus...they survived the ice age and other enviormental catasrophies as well. They are to hardy and would again easily over power a dragon even two of them.

#7 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"Nice one again"

thanx, i'm actually going to school for a science degree most importantly in the field of zoology, i specialize the study of big cats but i have a deep respect for reptiles as well...
#8 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

If I recall correctly, Komodo's eat crocodiles with the help of the poison in their claws and teeth.

I'll go with the two Komodo's

#9 Posted by shane. (331 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"Simple logic, the scales of the croc are too thick to bite through with those small teeth (or do they even have any?) and the snapping velocity of a crocs jaw is aprox. 2 tons. soo..."
#10 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Well on the contrary(what eva the hell that means), Kamodos are the largest Reptiles known................................ It ahd been shown, ill see if i can find it. A komodo spit acid onto a turtles shell and the shell began to disolve of te acid like slaiva so im pretysure its slive will weaken the croc back. Then after the back is more vulnerable i believe the KD can bite into the croc and infect it

#11 Posted by Adam Warlock (723 posts) - - Show Bio

....................................................................................................................................

wheretheF+++ did you get acid from!?

#12 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"....................................................................................................................................

wheretheF+++ did you get acid from!?"
the bacteria in a KD's mouth is so major that it works like acid
#13 Posted by Adam Warlock (723 posts) - - Show Bio

Not instantly that takes hours

#14 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"Not instantly that takes hours"

I swear it didnt when I seen it. It ws nearly instant on the history channel. I think it was a tortis and they showed how at fist komodo tried to bite through and his teth melted down into the shell he swung it aronund and one it was off you could see the shell melted down
#15 Posted by Adam Warlock (723 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed up?

#16 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

I can�t resist any longer sorry. I keep and have kept for many years both Cros, and Monitors. I can tell you this if a Komodo where to try to tear the back hide of a croc it would be fruitless, however the belly and side skin is not near as thick and would be easy to tear. Now another thing to consider is the fact that Komodos like crocs(in the water) will work together to kill and eat larger prey. Now we all know that the back is not the easiest way to the soft and chewy insides so that being fact the belly being soft along with the side a young croc or lets say a croc against a Komodo pound for pound could go either way. I would not want to be part of that battle. I read this and seen SHvar was told he was wrong and yet he said if it was in the water or at the waters edge the croc would have it hands down but on land the Komodo would have the advantage. Sounds about right to me. I know I have a 9 footer (American Alligator) That is not very agile on land, as a land dwelling monitor would be and could easily run circles around the croc and if nothing else tire it out enough that it could be subdued. Think about it.

Like I said these animals are not alive today because they are stupid they are alive because they were able to escape predation from the crocs that used to live on or around the Islands they live. Meaning they ate eggs, ate young and killed off young adults. Now I hate to say it but watch the discovery planet when the shows are on with the Komodos. I have seen a 7 foot female (on TV) Grab a deer that was in a full run and take it right off it�s feet, Now I have hit deer at 55 miles per hour that were in full run and the damn thing kept going so they must have some type of pressure. I agree they don�t have the pressure of a Croc however they don�t have the mobility on land that a Komodo does either.

Think of it this way, lets use two other predators for this example just to bring it into perspective. Lets say a Great white and a Tiger( I know it sounds dumb but bare with me) The shark like the Croc is at home in the water and hunts in the water therefore if the Tiger would find itself in the middle of the ocean ( see it�s even funny) The shark would definitely win. HOWEVER if the shark was wondering through the out back (LOL funny mental image and you know it) the jaw pressure and all those teeth would be meaningless when matched to the Tigers strength, Claws and ability to hunt and kill on land. Just like the Croc being more likely to win this hypothetical battle in the water than on land. (copied)
#17 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, a komodo dragon does not have acidic saliva it has a compound of Virulent bacteria, a strain of

#18 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

The bacteria in Komodo Dragons Saliva does take a while to occur. That's Komodo's usually take one bite (Or more) and wait or stalk it's prey until it has fallen. If the Komode Dragon can get through the Croc's armor it won't help when the croc takes a big bite and swings it's bone crushing tail on the soft skin (Compared to the croc) of the Komodo. So, they can bite them, but the fight would end before the the bacteria can take affect.

#19 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"

First off, a komodo dragon does not have acidic saliva it has a compound of Virulent bacteria, a strain of Pasteurella multocida , and other strains of infectious bacteria…..no acid saliva just more prone to infection

A crocodile may have a softer underbelly than the armored hide and a full grown komodo dragon has 60 1 inch fangs now that has the possibility to infect the crocodile but a crocodile has a immune system sooo powerful it killed the HIV virus, it has been proven and here is the link http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2005/08/68553

You said in the name of the thread a full grown croc so this is what im going with…..even on land if the komodo dragon by some ungodly way flip the full ton, low center of gravity reptilian titan. Then he wouldn’t let him just bite him he would roll around using a “death roll” like maneuver before slamming those 2 ton psi jaws down on the lizard. I know a komodo is fast but I can guarantee a crocodile is almost as fast a full grown croc in short burst get up to 17 mph that’s faster than most people can run, they’re reflexes are also involuntary so before it can think….bam

You have your opinion but a crocodile would slaughter them.  

"
It's not surprising that the crocodile immune system is ten times better then ours. Reptiles overall are one of the best healers in the world. Everything you see them regrowing new tails, lost limbs, and recovering from deadly diseases to humans.
#20 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"

First off, a komodo dragon does not have acidic saliva it has a compound of Virulent bacteria, a strain of Pasteurella multocida , and other strains of infectious bacteria…..no acid saliva just more prone to infection

A crocodile may have a softer underbelly than the armored hide and a full grown komodo dragon has 60 1 inch fangs now that has the possibility to infect the crocodile but a crocodile has a immune system sooo powerful it killed the HIV virus, it has been proven and here is the link http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2005/08/68553

You said in the name of the thread a full grown croc so this is what im going with…..even on land if the komodo dragon by some ungodly way flip the full ton, low center of gravity reptilian titan. Then he wouldn’t let him just bite him he would roll around using a “death roll” like maneuver before slamming those 2 ton psi jaws down on the lizard. I know a komodo is fast but I can guarantee a crocodile is almost as fast a full grown croc in short burst get up to 17 mph that’s faster than most people can run, they’re reflexes are also involuntary so before it can think….bam

"
It's not surprising that the crocodile immune system is ten times better then ours. Reptiles overall are one of the best healers in the world. Everything you see them regrowing new tails, lost limbs, and recovering from deadly diseases to humans."
i knew that but when i found it totally obliterated the aids virus i was really surpised ^^

I am studying to be a zoologist, in the field of big cats mostly but i have a deep respect for reptiles specifically crocs
#21 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"

"
It's not surprising that the crocodile immune system is ten times better then ours. Reptiles overall are one of the best healers in the world. Everything you see them regrowing new tails, lost limbs, and recovering from deadly diseases to humans."
i knew that but when i found it totally obliterated the aids virus i was really surpised ^^

I am studying to be a zoologist, in the field of big cats mostly but i have a deep respect for reptiles specifically crocs"
Pretty much the same here. But, right now I haven't picked an animal field. So, I'm studying every type of animal I can. Just the other day, I got and Encyclopedia of animals.
#22 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"

"

I am studying to be a zoologist, in the field of big cats mostly but i have a deep respect for reptiles specifically crocs"
Pretty much the same here. But, right now I haven't picked an animal field. So, I'm studying every type of animal I can. Just the other day, I got and Encyclopedia of animals.
#23 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"

"

Pretty much the same here. But, right now I haven't picked an animal field. So, I'm studying every type of animal I can. Just the other day, I got and Encyclopedia of animals."

I read alot of Animal books like that but they are outclassed with my zoology book man i hate learning the scientific names this week i have to memerize the scientific names of major predatory birds and i don't really care for them -_-, as a kid i wanted to study sharks but i decided to study big cats instead...I know alot about other types of animals from primates to reptiles but cats have alwaysed interested me. Did you manage to watch shark week on D. channel?
#24 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"

"

Pretty much the same here. But, right now I haven't picked an animal field. So, I'm studying every type of animal I can. Just the other day, I got and Encyclopedia of animals."

I read alot of Animal books like that but they are outclassed with my zoology book man i hate learning the scientific names this week i have to memerize the scientific names of major predatory birds and i don't really care for them -_-, as a kid i wanted to study sharks but i decided to study big cats instead...I know alot about other types of animals from primates to reptiles but cats have alwaysed interested me. Did you manage to watch shark week on D. channel?"

Nah, I forgot too. But, do you happen to have a pic of that book (Can you Pm it to me to seeing this is a battle thread, lol).
#25 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't have a pic but i can make/ or find one online btw i think you have to get it through college but i'll PM and let you know

#26 Edited by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"i don't have a pic but i can make/ or find one online btw i think you have to get it through college but i'll PM and let you know"
Thank you. And I'm not in college yet. Still in High School.
#27 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman can squeeze out a victory here.

#28 Posted by Last_Guardian (27965 posts) - - Show Bio

Komodos curbstomp.... a swing of a tail of a komodo dragon is like a refrigerator falling on top of you....plus there saliva has a very corrosive posion that could eventually melt through the crocs scales....if an anaconda can kill and eat a fully grown croc...so can two komodo dragons...

#29 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Komodos curbstomp.... a swing of a tail of a komodo dragon is like a refrigerator falling on top of you....plus there saliva has a very corrosive posion that could eventually melt through the crocs scales....if an anaconda can kill and eat a fully grown croc...so can two komodo dragons..."
?????......if a swing of the tail from a K.D can do that than how strong a tail that powers a ton plus behemoth would do to a man! and this "acidic saliva" is false check above....anacondas don't eat crocs they eat small caimans. I don't think so
#30 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Komodos curbstomp.... a swing of a tail of a komodo dragon is like a refrigerator falling on top of you....plus there saliva has a very corrosive posion that could eventually melt through the crocs scales....if an anaconda can kill and eat a fully grown croc...so can two komodo dragons..."
thank you!
#31 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
?????......if a swing of the tail from a K.D can do that than how strong a tail that powers a ton plus behemoth would do to a man! and this "acidic saliva" is false check above....anacondas don't eat crocs they eat small caimans. I don't think so"
that was your opinon.............and that was his
#32 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio
Ruin Cross said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
thank you!"
You guys are relentless with this aren't you? look at my above posts
#33 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio
Ruin Cross said:
"Dynamis said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
?????......if a swing of the tail from a K.D can do that than how strong a tail that powers a ton plus behemoth would do to a man! and this "acidic saliva" is false check above....anacondas don't eat crocs they eat small caimans. I don't think so"
that was your opinon.............and that was his"
#34 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"Ruin Cross said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
thank you!"
You guys are relentless with this aren't you? look at my above posts"

i read your opinion
#35 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
yeah, their saliva which they fling constantly, is enough to make human flesh rot and fester in seconds, it would take about a minute for their saliva to melt through the croc's skin, and two of them? Well, even if the croc managed to even hit one of them, after about ten mins after the fight hed be dead regardless, humans fall out quicker than that if its in the wrong place, and if the infection isnt treated almost immediately, you might as well just say good bye.

Thats just mentioning one aspect that would slaughter the croc, not to mention their physical strength and weight playing into this. They are much more trained for fighting than crocodiles are, crocs just grab food, KD's usually fight for it, and often fight and kill eachother. They're ruthless, and two of them together is more than enough for this
#36 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
yeah, their saliva which they fling constantly, is enough to make human flesh rot and fester in seconds, it would take about a minute for their saliva to melt through the croc's skin, and two of them? Well, even if the croc managed to even hit one of them, after about ten mins after the fight hed be dead regardless, humans fall out quicker than that if its in the wrong place, and if the infection isnt treated almost immediately, you might as well just say good bye.

Thats just mentioning one aspect that would slaughter the croc, not to mention their physical strength and weight playing into this. They are much more trained for fighting than crocodiles are, crocs just grab food, KD's usually fight for it, and often fight and kill eachother. They're ruthless, and two of them together is more than enough for this"
Yeah, Res!
#37 Posted by Last_Guardian (27965 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
i read the above posts...and i never said the saliva was acidic...just corrosive...

and a croc can't swing it's ail..it's body's shape won't let it....the komodo dragon's are skinnier and have longer tails
#38 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Res!

#39 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Manbearpig ... curbstomp ^_^

#40 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Taken from Wikipedia about their Bacteria:

These bacteria cause

#41 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Wikipedia aint crap Shaper

#42 Posted by Ruin Cross (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

show ema ntoher site with the smae thing and ill beieve it

#43 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Ruin Cross said:
"Wikipedia aint crap Shaper"

Not everything true on their, that's true, but Wikipedia, is a lot alike Comicvine.
#44 Posted by Dynamis (136 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Dynamis said:
"
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Dynamis said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
i read the above posts...and i never said the saliva was acidic...just corrosive...

and a croc can't swing it's ail..it's body's shape won't let it....the komodo dragon's are skinnier and have longer tails"

a croc knocked steve irwin on his @ss on live t.v with its tail and he only limped away because the croc was small"
Damn, what episode is that? I have gotta see it, lol.
#46 Posted by Tenjin (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

this isn't canon well at least here because i know someone will argue with me about it but....come on look at this thing tell me that 2 komodo dragons could take this....btw his name his Gustave, he is from Burundi and he is real.....
#47 Posted by Tenjin (1605 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Dynamis said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:

and a croc can't swing it's ail..it's body's shape won't let it....the komodo dragon's are skinnier and have longer tails"

a croc knocked steve irwin on his @ss on live t.v with its tail and he only limped away because the croc was small"
Damn, what episode is that? I have gotta see it, lol."
it was a bloopers thing off of Youtube.com i try to find it hold on....
#48 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Tenjin said:
"Shaper said:
"Dynamis said:
"
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Dynamis said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:

Damn, what episode is that? I have gotta see it, lol."
it was a bloopers thing off of Youtube.com i try to find it hold on...."

Thank you kindley.
#49 Posted by Tenjin (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

this one actually has other crocs and things so you can wrap your mind around this sucka, Shaper, i'm still looking for the vid
#50 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Tenjin said:
"

this one actually has other crocs and things so you can wrap your mind around this sucka, Shaper, i'm still looking for the vid"

Yea, I'm tryying to find it too.