• 133 results
Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hey man i kinda made a thread like this one, i hope you dont have a problem with it

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

kluh seid

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Alak

Well, looks like this battle was designed to make the hulk army look good. I guess I'm going to have to play the cheap way here.

Plastic Man is used to permanently incapacitate all 100 world war hulks. Go ahead. Roll your eyes and call me a troll, but I'm standing by this scenario. Superman, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Powergirl, Blue Beetle, Donna Troy, Starfire, Captain Atom, and Firestorm are examples of heroes who can fly at speeds fast enough to speed blitz individuals who even have superhuman reaction times. Raven and Vox are even faster since they're teleporters. They blitz the hulks and send them towards Plastic Man, who then resorts to using his PIS abilities that include:

• Indestructible body
  • No limitation on his size increase
  • Can transform his body into almost anything he wants himself to be

Plastic Man warps all 100 world war hulks in a bubble and there is nothing they can do to escape. Obviously, the heroes won't kill the hulks since they're living beings (although, WW might resort to it with her godly sword). BFR isn't allowed because that would be too easy to beat the OP's attempt at a one-sided scenario. DC universe stomps the hulk army due to Plastic Man's incredibly stupid power set.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

...Plastic Man, who then resorts to using his PIS abilities that include:

• Indestructible body

How are any of those PIS?

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By zr0c00l

The armies of themyiscara and atlantis would play a huge role here, one on one theyd have no chance. But how many? 50-1 100-1? They have the numbers to do it. Black adam the shazam family(captain, mary,freddy) since this is pre 52 superman family(man,boy,girl, powergirl) womderwoman crew (ww, donna troy, wonder girl) lantern earth guys (hal, guy, john) aquaman, hercules

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman, shazam, martian manhunter and green lantern got this. Though it won't be easy

LMFAO! good one, what a troll

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Alak
@willpayton said:

@alak said:

• Indestructible body

Points one and two are scientifically impossible regardless how much of a spin the writers try to put on them. Point number one is impossible because nothing is indestructible. Even Marvel was smart enough to include some very specific scenarios where Adamantium can be broken. If you look at a hydrocarbon structure, try to think of the most stable compound imaginable. The big picture may seem like a pretty tough molecule. However, that structure is still composed of C-C or C=C bonds. Those bonds are very much breakable. In theory, Hulk should have the strength to rip Plastic Man apart. However, it would never happen in the comics because Plastic Man has been confirmed to be indestructible.

The second point deals with the conservation of mass. Unlike other morphs like Martian Manhunter, there has been no explanation as to how he can just increase his body size from average human height to the height of a skyscraper. He just simply blows up in proportion so that he can fight giants like Fernus (and win). While the third point being PIS is definitely debatable, I still attribute the law of conservation of mass as something that should limit Plastic Man's ability to transform into anything.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By zr0c00l

@alak: yeah hulks limitless strength isnt scientifically impossible at all..... or you know turning into a giant green rage monster, all perfectly logical......... Theyre comics dont think too hard about it.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Alak

@zr0c00l said:

@alak: yeah hulks limitless strength isnt scientifically impossible at all..... or you know turning into a giant green rage monster, all perfectly logical......... Theyre comics dont think too hard about it.

Yeah, I know. It's just hard for me not to over-analyze sometimes :-(

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:
@willpayton said:

@alak said:

• Indestructible body

Points one and two are scientifically impossible regardless how much of a spin the writers try to put on them. Point number one is impossible because nothing is indestructible. Even Marvel was smart enough to include some very specific scenarios where Adamantium can be broken. If you look at a hydrocarbon structure, try to think of the most stable compound imaginable. The big picture may seem like a pretty tough molecule. However, that structure is still composed of C-C or C=C bonds. Those bonds are very much breakable. In theory, Hulk should have the strength to rip Plastic Man apart. However, it would never happen in the comics because Plastic Man has been confirmed to be indestructible.

The second point deals with the conservation of mass. Unlike other morphs like Martian Manhunter, there has been no explanation as to how he can just increase his body size from average human height to the height of a skyscraper. He just simply blows up in proportion so that he can fight giants like Fernus (and win). While the third point being PIS is definitely debatable, I still attribute the law of conservation of mass as something that should limit Plastic Man's ability to transform into anything.

None of that is PIS.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Alak

@willpayton:

Considering how the label PIS is subjective, I would say your opinion is your prerogative and nothing's wrong with that. However, I provided my explanation as to why I think it's PIS. I have yet to see something come from your end.

CosmicOrochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulks Obliterate. Has any DC EARTHHHHHH Heroes ever faced something of this measure.?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

@willpayton:

Considering how the label PIS is subjective, I would say your opinion is your prerogative and nothing's wrong with that. However, I provided my explanation as to why I think it's PIS. I have yet to see something come from your end.

PIS : Plot Induced Stupidity. PIS is the condition in which a character will do things that are clearly dumb, or at least dumb in a way that is out of character, for purposes of moving the plot along. (also known as WIS, or Writer Induced Stupidity) PIS often includes characters not using powers that would easily get them out of a jam, deciding to do things that are obviously going to fail, or losing in combat to far inferior opponents due to not using their skills to the fullest. PIS... has nothing to do with the laws of physics, or what is or isnt logically or scientifically impossible.

A perfect example of PIS is Gladiator losing to Hulk, since he apparently forgets he has speed and flight powers... but instead he just stands there and lets Hulk walk up and grab him by the face:

No Caption Provided

There is no reason for Gladiator to lose, except because the plot requires it, hence he comes down with a case of PIS.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goodbye, DC Earth. We shall miss you... until you're restarted, again.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By willpayton

Hulks Obliterate. Has any DC EARTHHHHHH Heroes ever faced something of this measure.?

Maybe when there were fighting Imperiex and they were fighting all the Imperiex Probes?

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

Those three points I mentioned were brought up for the sake of plot. Want know how Plastic Man became recognized as indestructible? He was Batman's contingency plan against Martian Manhunter, and was the only DC hero who could beat Fernus during that story arc. It was also that same story arc where we saw Plastic Man grow to the same height as Fernus in order to properly fight him. Never before have we seen Plastic Man exhibit his power set on such a high level, but it was all done for the sake of that one story. After that arc, he was rarely seen in large scale events with the Justice League.

Look at the definition of PIS, then look back at what I just told you. Think about it. Think really hard about it.

As for the third point, he uses his ability so that he can blend in with regular household objects while spying on people. It's not done often, but if it weren't for that ability, Plastic Man would've easily been caught by the villains and the story would've gone down the drain. Again, this is the most debatable point, but I stand by my opinion that it's an ability that fuels PIS. If you disagree with me, then by all means do so. It certainly won't change my opinion, and it certainly won't change the facts mentioned in my first paragraph. If you're not going to change your opinion, then we might as well drop this conversation before we run around in circles.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By willpayton

@alak said:

@willpayton:

Those three points I mentioned were brought up for the sake of plot. Want know how Plastic Man became recognized as indestructible? He was Batman's contingency plan against Martian Manhunter, and was the only DC hero who could beat Fernus during that story arc. It was also that same story arc where we saw Plastic Man grow to the same height as Fernus in order to properly fight him. Never before have we seen Plastic Man exhibit his power set on such a high level, but it was all done for the sake of that one story. After that arc, he was rarely seen in large scale events with the Justice League.

Look at the definition of PIS, then look back at what I just told you. Think about it. Think really hard about it.

As for the third point, he uses his ability so that he can blend in with regular household objects while spying on people. It's not done often, but if it weren't for that ability, Plastic Man would've easily been caught by the villains and the story would've gone down the drain. Again, this is the most debatable point, but I stand by my opinion that it's an ability that fuels PIS. If you disagree with me, then by all means do so. It certainly won't change my opinion, and it certainly won't change the facts mentioned in my first paragraph. If you're not going to change your opinion, then we might as well drop this conversation before we run around in circles.

You still dont understand what PIS is.... even though I just explained it. PIS is when a character performs a stupid action that he/she/it shouldnt for the sake of the plot, not when the writer gives that character powers you disagree with for the sake of the plot. If the writer says that Plastic Man is indestructible, then he's indestructible. Physics has nothing to do with it, and that character having or using those powers is not PIS. Silver Age Superman shooting rainbows out of his fingers might be completely ridiculous and against all known logic, and the writer may have done it for God-knows what reason, but it's not PIS.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Alak

@willpayton:

For the record, PIS extends beyond action simple action such as your hulk vs gladiator example. Defying physics for the sake of plot is considered to be PIS (Superman holding a black hole in his hands). Giving a character newfound powers just to beat the bad guy is PIS (Martian Manhunter beating Despero with a one-time-only martian ability). Making a character perform better than he/she normally should or dumbing down his/her opponents (Deathstroke beating the Justice League by himself). To me, that Plastic Man vs. Fernus fight falls within the definition of PIS.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69  Edited By Pokeysteve

Not sure why death is listed as a win condition when everyone is in character. Wonder Woman is really the only one I can think of right now that has killed multiple times. Anyways...

Superman family (Clark, Kara, Kon, PG, Steel, even Krypto and Streaky lol)

Marvel Family (Billy, Freddie, Mary)

Deadman

Wonder Woman family (Diana, Donna, Cassie, Artemis)

Metamorpho

J'onn and M'gann

Geo Force

Lanterns (Alan, Kyle and Hal at least)

Dr. Fate

Cap Atom

Zatanna

Firestorm

Booster

Aquaman and Mera

Bruce and Ray

Maxima (depending on how pre 52 we're talking here)

Scott and Barda

Everyone here can either stop a Hulk or keep them away from people. Then you have your wild cards like Misfit and Black Alice. Misfit teleports one of them even just a couple inches and they explode. Out of character but desperate times. Villains aren't allowed but Alice can steal the magics from Faust or Cheetah or Circe.

After several hours of BFR and magics failing, the morals of some of these people will change.

Diana, Mera and Maxima most notably.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the Hulks allowed to go Worldbreaker or just WWHulk level?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ssejllenrad

@alak said:

@willpayton:

Defying physics for the sake of plot is considered to be PIS (Superman holding a black hole in his hands).

All of my comicbooks ar PIS!!!!

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

@willpayton:

Defying physics for the sake of plot is considered to be PIS (Superman holding a black hole in his hands).

All of my comicbooks ar PIS!!!!

LOL! And there's nothing wrong with that. Just because something is PIS doesn't mean you can't enjoy it or let yourself get suspended in disbelief. A lot of my favorite characters are PIS-fueled, and while I recognize that, I still love them immensely :-)

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: You're right. I love Dragonball and that is probably the PISiest PISfest in all of fiction.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By James_Lockart

@pokeysteve:

Yeah DCE got this.

WWHs can be crushed by GLs.

Incinerated by Superman.

Power drained by Cap Atom.

Drowned by Aquaman or held under water till infinity.

DCE has simply too much going here.

What's to stop Batman from setting off a device to make the Hulks explode?

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

I think that a few of the lesser known heroes will die and then someone like Raven will use her empathy to attempt to calm one of the Hulks as they're overcome with rage and the result will be that it turns back into Banner with this knowledge the DC brains i.e. Batman, Mr. Terrific, The Engineer, etc come up with a plan to gather every surviving empath whether high or low level so people like Raven, Wonder Woman, Beast Boy, etc and then the magic users use their powers to affect the empaths (not the Hulks per the OP) to multiply their powers and absorb the rage the Hulks feel. Once turned back into Banners the real Bruce Banner asks that the clones be killed less they rise again. Then people who can stomach killing i.e. Wonder Woman, etc blitz and kill them and they keep the real Banner and make him a part of the Justice League and thus Batman get Marvel tech!

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@willpayton: Since Capt Atom sees energy fields, and has drained energy sources before and Batman or another genius would suggest draining them, I'll stick with the plan that they drain them because its feasible that they could and would do this (after many other heroes engage the Hulks). The Surfer drained the Hulk in the past quite easily. Capt Atom can easily replicate this feat but on a larger scale.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Only on the Vine.

You people...smh

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don;t forget about firestorm, he can transmutate some hulks into table salt. And superman robots will help too.

dodi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_lockart said:

Incinerated by Superman.

Hulk has tanked blasts hot enough to melt adamantium.

Hulk's adaptive abilities have let him breathe underwater in the past, and he's stronger than Aquaman whether under water or not.

I can't recall Batman ever exhibiting access to enough firepower to do much more than annoy a World War Hulk. What's he going to use? A pocket nuke? The Hulks will walk right through it.

Some of your other points are valid, though, and DC Earth has a good chance. Just clarifying.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't guaranteed that any of the people on my following list can solo, but should be able to handle multiple Hulks. This list is in no particular order.

1. Alan Scott

2. Captain Atom

3. Deadman (Even if all DC Earth is beaten, there is no way for Hulks to beat Deadman)

4. Superman (his clones, dog and cousins)

5. Wonder Woman

6. Martian Manhunter

7. Captain Marvel (and related)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why death is listed as a win condition when everyone is in character.

Everyone starts in-character, but that can change depending on what happens afterwards. Makes sense?

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How could your 100hulks beat this?

Firestorm,Captain Atom,Hal Jordan,Superman,Raven,Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel,John Stewart,Flash,Martian Manhunter........

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By willpayton

@sylvain said:

How could your 100hulks beat this?

Firestorm,Captain Atom,Hal Jordan,Superman,Raven,Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel,John Stewart,Flash,Martian Manhunter........

Flashes are not in the battle.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain atom, swamp thing, probably superman, mmh, probably Kyle Rayner/Hal Jordan could all solo

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87  Edited By Pokeysteve

@pokeysteve:

Yeah DCE got this.

WWHs can be crushed by GLs.

Incinerated by Superman.

Power drained by Cap Atom.

DCE has simply too much going here.

Aquaman would be one of the people that slow them down. I think Mera would be more useful. The Hulks have to have water in their systems right.

@pokeysteve said:

Not sure why death is listed as a win condition when everyone is in character.

Everyone starts in-character, but that can change depending on what happens afterwards. Makes sense?

That's what I was thinking. Perfect sense and a creative add on I must say.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By James_Lockart

@esquire:

Well I recall batman having a backup plan for the entire phantom zone so this can happen IMO.

@Pokeysteve:

GREAT point about Mera.

She can probably deprive the Hulks of every drop of water in their bodies and just let Supes punch them to dust.

Somehow most DCU pundits missed that.

And she is rather more ruthless than Arthur.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

One thing to keep in mind is that a bloodlusted Green Scar is Worldbreaker Hulk. I'm sure you've all seen the scans of Hulk busting that planet merely through his omnidirectional kinetic aura.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ImNemotheGemini

I remember someone posting something a out Raven where he said that Raven couldn't drain the Rage out of Dr. Light(or was it fate) either way.. If she failed to drain someone's rage before... What makes you think she'll drain Rage incarnate ?? And draining hulk of his Gamma is WAY harder done than said.! Surfer is powerful AF so it's possible ! But how fast he did it and with such ease was pure PIS to make him seem beast ! Unless he converted the energy to Cosmic energy ! Draining his gamma fails way more than tbe 2 times its worked ! both cases bejng extreme PIS... Rulk.. nuff Said ! Transmutating hulk isn't gonna work either.. Just ask dorummura ! The OP kind of made this spite in my eyes ! What can DC earth do to kill them ! I mean really ! Nothing's ever killed the hulk before.. Except that one time with storm.... Lol...idk what to say about that crazyness.. But really .. What can they do to kill him ? Serious question !

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love how i did the dc version of this thread and everyone complained that it was unfair to marvel and yet here everyone is peacefully talking about ways dc earth could beat the 100 hulks. good stuff. i personally like this thread. wish my thread was as mature as this one

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Earth stomps

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this no Flash shit lol So basically take away the ability to use magic and speedsters and the 100 WORLD WAR HULKS are BLOODLUSTED and everyone else in character...sounds legit lol DC still probably takes it but with a lot of trouble and death...all types of death

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Heroes have to keep 50% of the planet alive? They lose via the massive collateral damage killing billions.

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Heroes have to keep 50% of the planet alive? They lose via the massive collateral damage killing billions.

Fact

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these World War Hulks would go World Breaker causing the earth to be destroyed and mission failure.

Avatar image for war_hulk_kills_sentry2
War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk wins

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sniff sniff sniff i smell alot of dc fanboys in here ok first lets look at hulk. 1 hulk has enough power to destroy the world with a stomp sppedsters or not dealing with one wwh is still quite difficult and the fact seid made it impossible for reality warpers to interfere makes dc lost even that more evident. what is hulks motif the madder he gets the stronger right wwh is already pretty mad mad enough to have the power to destroy earth with a stomp. now the military and the heroes are all trying to fight 100 wwh feeding them more power telepathy dnt work nor does anything else and one thing alot of you dc fans forget is that when the hulk gets angery not only does his strength increase but speed and durability (regen). Looking at that it possible he can go to lightspeed if angery enough given that one will give more then half of dc a run for their money 100 is over kill hulk win in turn darkseid wins that smart fucker