1/5 phoenix runs marvel gauntlet.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently read the Avengers vs X-Men arc again, and after I saw the individual power of a hero with 1/5th of the phoenix force. It got me wondering how powerful 1/5th of the phoenix is. Sooooooooo...... Gauntlet time!

Scott summers with one fifth phoenix force will be the runner.... morals off, win by death/ ko, after each round scott has time to recuperate, all the characters are post retcon.

Round 1

Thor

Round 2

Hulk

Round3

Gladiator

Round 4

Adam Warloc

Round 5

Silver Surfer

Round 6

Thanos

Round 7

Odin

Round 8

Galactus

Round 9

Thanos with Iinfinity gauntlet

Or does he clear?

Jtindall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 2 if lucky

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I know emma frost with 1/5th pf beat down thor with no trouble at all.....

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he plays it safe and spams high powered blasts he clears two. He gets stomped at 3

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok...just for some perspective. Thething that got me wondering about this is when colossus with 1/5th pf gave Whales legs...... and when 1/5th pf namor held off the entire Avengers (at the time a f#$@ ton of heroes.)

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stops at 4, and imo Warlock > Surfer.

Come to think of it that would be a supremely cool CaV.

@serrure and @cosmicallyaware1 should totally do that after cosmic finishes binging on CaVs.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

Seems like people vote with preferences, not with facts. He stopped Mjolnir with a pinky. Stalemated Gladiator because he was trying to reason with him, and while Glads going all out for his defeat. Then let Colossus and Namor beat him into submission while watching amused, since he was never a factor.

The first five are all non-factors, I mean really. Thanos is dabatable. He will stop at Odin due to lack of this kind of tier feats.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

stops at 3

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Stops at 4, and imo Warlock > Surfer.

Come to think of it that would be a supremely cool CaV.

@serrure and @cosmicallyaware1 should totally do that after cosmic finishes binging on CaVs.

Surfer would take Adam. I would be intetested in that match indeed. Hey, I now have like 6 more matches planned after my binge tnbb. Binge 2.0 planned.......check!

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Thanos.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at thanos, could probably beat him though just didnt have the feats needed for CV

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

Stops at Thanos.

If he manages to pull a win over Norrin (doubtful), this is what I have been thinking. Thanos with his impeccable resume is frightening, and we all know that there's no way in H-E-double hockey sticks(if you don't get that you're not so bright...) that someone is soloing Thanos without being a skyfather or above..

Thanos was able to fight (and beat with superior intellect and cunning) insanely high powered beings such as the Elders of the Universe and an Abstract Level Being such as the In-Betweener (well, not really much of a fight) with the Infinity Gems in The Thanos Quest (precursor to The Infinity Gauntlet). And that's not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to feats (without prep, mind you) about said individual.

Summers if he is able to pull of the miraculous against Surfer (which is another argument) (and doesn't get BFR'd into the Soul Gem by Warlock before him)........is in no way making it past the Mad Titan.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: See I find Thor and Surfer to be pretty comparable in terms of durability and damage output though Norrin has the edge in versatility? At least I would argue.

He shouldn't have too much of a problem tagging norrin with his optics and he could also use Tk to aid him with this.

It'd be a good fight but in the end I think looking at his damage output Norrin will go down.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: See I find Thor and Surfer to be pretty comparable in terms of durability and damage output though Norrin has the edge in versatility? At least I would argue.

He shouldn't have too much of a problem tagging norrin with his optics and he could also use Tk to aid him with this.

It'd be a good fight but in the end I think looking at his damage output Norrin will go down.

hmmmm. That whole Thor/Surfer comment in itself is a very lengthy thread lol.

Sure, summer may tag Norrin, but really what makes it is;

1. Norrin's speed
  2. the Cosmic Awareness and insanely enhanced senses
  3. that matter manipulation / molecular re-arrangement of surfer's.
  4. Keep in mind.....Surfer has crazy TK and TP as well. Just doesn't use it as often due to not needing to. I can easily cite references if needed for examples of potency.
Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: The only problem towards matter manip and re arrangement is I haven't seen consistent use of that over the years. We've seen that a heavy bludgeoning force can hurt him. Thanos putting the beat down on him is a good example as well as Thor's hammer denting him.

I do think Surfers board would give him some trouble until he uses his TK to stop it.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: The only problem towards matter manip and re arrangement is I haven't seen consistent use of that over the years. We've seen that a heavy bludgeoning force can hurt him. Thanos putting the beat down on him is a good example as well as Thor's hammer denting him.

I do think Surfers board would give him some trouble until he uses his TK to stop it.

brooooooooo. ah, really?! hmmm. I don't have flash drive right now and have had 2 glasses of wine. argument for another time my friend, sorry.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@adamtrmm said:

Seems like people vote with preferences, not with facts. He stopped Mjolnir with a pinky. Stalemated Gladiator because he was trying to reason with him, and while Glads going all out for his defeat. Then let Colossus and Namor beat him into submission while watching amused, since he was never a factor.

The first five are all non-factors, I mean really. Thanos is dabatable. He will stop at Odin due to lack of this kind of tier feats.

Gladiator had just fought phoenix Colossus & was knocking him around with little effort as when they fought they were equals in nearly every way besides Gladiator getting him in a ground & pound which lead to phoenix Colossus cheap shotting Gladiator.

Without help Gladiator has a chance of beating 1/5 Phoenix Cyclops as in the fourth scan Cyclops has to use more Phoenix powers to stop Glad's optic blast from hitting him as well which is impressive. I would say Phoenix Cyke stomps the first two has a 60% chance of beating Glads & clears until he gets to Thanos who has better feats than 1/5 Phoenix Cyclops.

Avatar image for travistouchdown
TravisTouchdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor losing to 1/5 of Pheonix Force was total BS.

Should stop at 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

stops at Thanos

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lemonsauce: do you realy think thor or glads could beat 1/5th of such an incredible cosmic entity.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Yeah, but the powerlevel of Warlock is by all the place and as I have understood he like Thanos is way stronger when he is write by Starlin

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Thanos at best

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lemonsauce: do you realy think thor or glads could beat 1/5th of such an incredible cosmic entity.

He did better against the entire force than he did against 1/5th of it.

And yes, judging by the scans provided above, Gladiator did very well.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

lets dispense with the notion that Silver Surfer is above Adam Warlock... like its pretty easy to see.

the 2 times they have fought Adam has put down the Surfer hard.

and he stops at the Adam according to this gauntlet

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

@lemonsauce: notice that all of his attacks did exactly ZERO×ZERO damage to scott ... in fact he is in no need of recovery. glads was fighting with 110% of his might.... scott wasn't even trying.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having a very inactive sense of urgency is prety much the the style of the phoenix 5.... and pretty much all cosmic entities.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adamTRMM
@hellionvulcan said:
@adamtrmm said:

Gladiator had just fought phoenix Colossus & was knocking him around with little effort as when they fought they were equals in nearly every way besides Gladiator getting him in a ground & pound which lead to phoenix Colossus cheap shotting Gladiator.

Without help Gladiator has a chance of beating 1/5 Phoenix Cyclops as in the fourth scan Cyclops has to use more Phoenix powers to stop Glad's optic blast from hitting him as well which is impressive. I would say Phoenix Cyke stomps the first two has a 60% chance of beating Glads & clears until he gets to Thanos who has better feats than 1/5 Phoenix Cyclops.

What chance? He stopped Mjolnir with a pinky and with one beam neutralized Thor for the whole short time they were assaulting Utopia. Something Gladiator/SS/Warlock or Hulk wouldn't even dream to accomplish. This is somewhat something DS Sentry did.

The problem of this gauntlet is that Scott with 1/5 has just two of these feats so it's easy to play around, just like you did right there. "He had to use more power" lol so? It's his power. Emma (with 1/4 if being precise) was shattered to pieces and managed to KO Thor with these, Namor shrugged a combined assault of Thor, Rulk, Dr. Strange, Vision, Thing and Valkyrie just to break Rulk's arm and hold Thor in the air after neutralizing him with one blow until SW arrived.

Now

@dr_deplorable:

I'll suggest you'll either use Cyclops with all of his feats or 1/5 rule that will make all P5 members' feats applicable. Cause I see people aren't really impressed with stopping Mjolnir with a pinky. He has just two fights.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Thanos.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ancient_god
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kingant27

4-6 is a good stopping point, but 7 IMO he stops at for sure.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: Uhmmm Summers wasn't even trying there and tackling him and hitting him once doesn't mean a thing....

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I feel like all the phoenix 5's feats should apply... except with things directly linked to their original powers.