• 75 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Batman is either missing or dead and only Batwoman saw what happened. Nightwing dawns the cowl and heads off to find out what happened to Bruce with Robin by his side. There are some minor "duh" spoilers here. They'll be blacked out for your safety.

No Caption Provided

"Bad Blood" takes the story of Bruce Wayne dying and changes it up a bit, so Darkseid doesn't have to be involved and there's also no Bruce Wayne traveling through time. The story is a lot more streamlined and in addition to setting these events within a 74-minute film, it also continues to expand upon the Gotham universe by adding Batwoman and Batwing. Also, there's a bit of Renee Montoya in here. "Bad Blood" doesn't try to change anything when it comes to Batwoman and Renee Montoya. Both of those characters are interested in each other, and while it may not seem like much, adding a romantic relationship between them is really cool, as they were both linked together in the comics.

The thing that's cool about this story is that even if you're familiar with all the events leading up to Battle for the Cowl, this story still feels new with a lot of familiar elements. The Damian clones are here, in a sense, and we get to see Batwing on the scene for the first time, but it's all presented in a brand new package. The story will excite those who follow the comics closely, as well as provide those new to this story a lot to bite into. However, while we've discussed the familiar elements in this film, the story, as a whole, is really something new that stands on its own. Sure, you can see that certain scenes and moments are straight out of the comics, but overall, this story is a concoction of Batman moments and it works exceptionally well.

No Caption Provided

The Batman animated films have been building off one another, so while a new fan may pick this up expecting a single, stand-alone film, they'd be partially right, but this film actually works as a part 3 to the current run of Batman films, following Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin. These films really center around Damian Wayne popping into Bruce Wayne's life. Again, this film works fine on its own, but there's a great appreciation for these character's journeys and trials if you watch Bad Blood after the other two films.

There's this great turning point where Bruce Wayne is rescued, and the film could be over right there; however, there's a whole other story coming down the bend and an epic final battle. It's essentially a whole extra 10-15 minutes as the villain's plan comes together and a great fight scene as well. The choice of villains in this film is pretty interesting as well. Without giving away the main villain, we get to see Firefly, Killer Moth, Mad Hatter, and Tusk. Mad Hatter is used exceptionally well as a villain and not as much a crony. He has a real purpose compared to the other villains which are there more for smashing heroes.

The main problem comes from the fact that this film flies by. It only clocks in at 74 minutes, with the previous film Batman vs Robin coming in at 80 minutes, so at times, the story feels a bit rushed and has little time to breathe. Pacing becomes an issue and the one big thing that could have been spread out a little more is the supposed death of Batman. It feels like it's revealed a bit too early that he's alive and said reveal would have worked a bit better if everyone realized he's alive much later. Because things are tight with time, there are lots of moments that feel condensed.

Overall, Batman: Bad Blood is easily the best of the three recent Batman animated films. It continues to build on this version of the Bat-Family, all while delivering a pretty fantastic story. The animation style works exceptionally well for these characters, and while pacing becomes a problematic part of the film, Bad Blood delivers a pretty fantastic story. If you liked Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin, you need this film in your collection.

Check out this clip from the upcoming movie featuring Batwoman.

Batman: Bad Blood is available on DVD and Blu-Ray on February 2.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've already watched it , its great imo , and the new batman family so far >>> I love batwing and batwoman , hope they expand on their characters more

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...a DC movie where they are shooting nuns...mkay. A little, Hitman, for me but...we'll see.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else want a DC movie that isn't batman ?

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

this movie was a lot of fun and the cameo appearance by batgirl was very good

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Dick Grayson in the Bat Suit? OR Actually Bruce because when he said " That would make them Nunjas" that voice don't sound like a Batman or Bruce Wayne.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mfundroid

TBH it was far better than any DC animated film since Justice League: War. Except for Justice League: Gods and Monsters, that was pretty awesome.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightwingdg143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: It'd be great to see a nice Flash/GL movie!

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@z3ro180 said:

Seconded.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Not a huge fan. It was a decent watch, but had the same problems as all the DC animated movies since War.

- Overcrowded cast
- Overcomplicated/convoluted plot
- Reductive interpretations of certain characters
- Trading genuine human emotion for lengthy action sequences and stupid quips
- "I don't know how to be subtle" syndrome
- Needlessly OVERviolent
- Pointless combination of various comic stories, none of which get the full attention they deserve
- Generally stale and lackluster vocal performances

I give it a 6/10. It was enjoyable, for the most part, but it just failed so hard on delivering the emotional story if could have. We're talking about the freaking DISAPPEARANCE OF BRUCE WAYNE. Those are high stakes both emotionally for the characters and for the safety of Gotham. Yet the movie managed to fail to deliver fully on any front.

Also, for the love of god, STOP USING THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS.

I did enjoy Batwoman, though. Too bad she didn't get more screentime.

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@z3ro180: There are currently 24 DC Animated films including Bad Blood. 8 of them are exclusively Batman titles (that includes Assault on Arkham which was more of a Suicide Squad movie, and doesn't include Batman/Superman movies.) Plenty of great movies to choose from that aren't solely a Batman movie ;)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

I gave it a four on my review too. I enjoyed it alot.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did I just see a ninja Nun?

KalvinEllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Of course, but DC isn't capable of selling anything that isn't Batman and to a lesser degree Justice League. It's pathetic really.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Glad to hear it's good. Son of Batman was iffy... Batman vs Robin was alright though.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@supbatz said:

Not a huge fan. It was a decent watch, but had the same problems as all the DC animated movies since War.

- Overcrowded cast

- Needlessly OVERviolent

- Pointless combination of various comic stories, none of which get the full attention they deserve

I give it a 6/10. It was enjoyable, for the most part, but it just failed so hard on delivering the emotional story if could have. We're talking about the freaking DISAPPEARANCE OF BRUCE WAYNE. Those are high stakes both emotionally for the characters and for the safety of Gotham. Yet the movie managed to fail to deliver fully on any front.

I agree with most of this. I'm sick of the League,they're overused at this point and the stories & characterization have lost considerable amount of depth and richness of characterisation that I'm sure we've all come to expect from DC animation.

Still I dont think it was violent at all,in fact I'd say it was underviolent. Lucius wound just disappeared,the deaths were more or less comical,no river of blood etc. I'd say it's one of the least violent DC movies ever made.

I also like mixing various stories to make a new one in some other format,it always fascinates me to see another persons take on it in a different medium. It wasn't on par with RIP or INC but it's not an adaptation,the director made it clear so no biggie imo and it's pretty much what all movies do these days.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

bukdiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll check it out. Hopefully it doesn't suck. Last few DC Animation movies have been "meh" to me.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By MrMazz

It was a low bar but this is easily the best DC animated universe feature right now. And gee what do you know a strong script is the reason.

Giving the Bat Family gave the film something to toy with beyond poorly characterized Batman and deal with something larger for a change. Bummed that the likely hood of getting more Batwoman or Wing are slim but Jay Olivia has said it isn't outta the realm of possibility of her getting a solo or team up feature.

Cheap Plug to User Review

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

Still nothing beats Under the Red Hood

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything with Damian Wayne is pure trash.

Terrible character, and stain on the Batman mythos. :P

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Self-DCeit

Nightwing dawns the cowl

Come on, man...

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have used Zavimbe and Jason Todd should've been there along with Tim Drake...have they forgotten the fact that their best Batman animated movie starred Jason along with Batman...???

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no Tim no thanks

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enjoyed this a lot, as I have with all of their films. I personally like the way they take ideas from stories in the comic but use them as a base to create new stories. They said that was their goal after Flashpoint, and to me they're doing a decent job. I miss Tim Drake, but I still enjoy these stories.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

decent movie..... definitely not in the ranks with mask of the phantasm, into the red hood, and the dark knight returns but it was alright.

they're latest batman releases haven't done too much for me....

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lurkero

I guess DC is averse to trying to sell animated movies that do not involve Batman. Did Wonder Woman and Aquaman sell terribly? These latest Batman movies seem to rushed because they are trying to cover a lot of content that can't deliver the emotional weight preferred in the allotted time.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

This.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan12456 said:

@birdman400: Is it Zavimbe or Fox?

Nunjas ;-) I loved it, thought it was a good addition. Good action, intense and mystery. Nice addition, imo.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's missing now is Tim Drake, Jason Todd and Barbara Gordon.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have used Zavimbe and Jason Todd should've been there along with Tim Drake...have they forgotten the fact that their best Batman animated movie starred Jason along with Batman...???

no Tim no thanks

he will never exist in the dcu it seems. They even gave the Tim and Damian moments to Dick

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, dick had a rocky start with him at first but it wasn't horrible, and they ended up acting like actual brothers who got along.... Him and Tim got in to actual brawls while Damian reminded him he was never adopted. They removed the god moments Dick and Daminan had, and gave them the hostile resenting moments right from tim and damian moments in the book.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Captain13

0/5.

Every movie in this shared universe is ****--especially the Batman ones.

Remember when we got movies like Mask of the Phantasm, The Batman/Superman movie, Return of the Joker, Crisis on Two Earths, Wonder Woman, Under the Red Hood, Batman: Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, etc.?

I'll just stick with the Gods and Monsters universe. Really shows you how key Bruce Timm is to these things.

phocracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for divine_disorder
Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Dick Grayson in the Bat Suit? OR Actually Bruce because when he said " That would make them Nunjas" that voice don't sound like a Batman or Bruce Wayne.

Definitely Dick making those puns.

Best movie in this animated universe so far. Didn't like Batman's voice actor at first but he's growing on me.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#41  Edited By The Impersonator

This movie was better than Son of Batman and Batman Vs. Robin. My only issue is the pacing. It felt too crowded and the fact that the bad guys died in this movie, which is similar to Batman: Assault on Arkham.

My question is this, why Talia was attacked by Onyx? It didn't make sense. Last time, we saw Onyx got thrown off the cliff by Batwoman, then she came back to the ship.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Todd and Drake fans just crawled from their caves. Jesus give it a rest already,were these guys in the Nolan movies? were they in the Burton/Schumacher movies? were they in The Batman? were they in Beware the Batman? were they in Teen Titans? did Tim show up in the preceding movies? what did Tim do in YJ season 2 other than stand in the shadows? what significant showing does Jason have apart from UTRH?

They dont exist unless stated otherwise period.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck, they weren´t even in Btas. You had Dick and later in New Adventures a kid that was essentially a new character. Yet nobody complains about that.

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck, they weren´t even in Btas. You had Dick and later in New Adventures a kid that was essentially a new character. Yet nobody complains about that.

That was Tim Drake.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie was better than Son of Batman and Batman Vs. Robin. My only issue is the pacing. It felt too crowded and the fact that the bad guys died in this movie, which is similar to Batman: Assault on Arkham.

My question is this, why Talia was attacked by Onyx? It didn't make sense. Last time, we saw Onyx got thrown off the cliff by Batwoman, then she came back to the ship.

Onyx had a thing for the Heretic,it was rushed over indeed but there were hints to it.

Yup,these 2 characters always get overlooked in favour of Dick. Whatever few things they do bring bring to the table (costume,attitude) ends up going to Dick anyway so the end result is a Hybrid Dick Grayson. At least this Damian is recognizable on his own for who he is and doesn't have to be confused with Dick. The best opportunities to push Drake,Cass and the other characters beyond Dick/Babs generation were TT and "The Batman". The latter in particular was known for it's emphasis on tech and martial arts which would have made these 2 characters more at home. But in spite of all the huge changes it made "The Batman" still went with Babs and Dick. This is the first time DC has seriously pushed another Robin so even if Damian flunks or something DC has shown that they have more confidence in the classics than the in between guys.

@maxschreck said:

That was Tim Drake.

A Tim Drake who was a street rat,a rat that was caught stealing,a rat whose father worked for Two-Face,a rat who was orphaned before he met Batman,a rat that Batman took in himself,a rat who was poor in studies,a rat who went on to become Joker 2.0. What part of this character is Tim Drake?

Tim Drake is a mainstream non entity,well before Damian showed up, his only significant outings are those Batman Unlimited toy commercial cartoons that have already been cancelled because Lukic moved on to JL:Action .Jason Todd thanks to UTRH and Arkham Knight is now known as the whiny guy who shows up to get his ass kicked for pretending to be a better Batman. I laughed out loud when people on You Tube confused Jason with the Heretic. He's been stereotyped as the whiny pretender already.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz said:

- Overcrowded cast

- Needlessly OVERviolent

I agree with most of this. I'm sick of the League,they're overused at this point and the stories & characterization have lost considerable amount of depth and richness of characterisation that I'm sure we've all come to expect from DC animation.

Still I dont think it was violent at all,in fact I'd say it was underviolent. Lucius wound just disappeared,the deaths were more or less comical,no river of blood etc. I'd say it's one of the least violent DC movies ever made.

I also like mixing various stories to make a new one in some other format,it always fascinates me to see another persons take on it in a different medium. It wasn't on par with RIP or INC but it's not an adaptation,the director made it clear so no biggie imo and it's pretty much what all movies do these days.

Perhaps I overstated the violence. I can't actually remember any gratuitous violence from this particular movie, and was thinking mainly about the preceding Batman films in the same universe for that comment.

As for mixing various stories, I have no problem with doing so if it's done with a care and precision that services the stories. But what we've gotten from Batman vs. Robin and Batman: Bad Blood, in my opinion, has been a clunky and clumsily thrown together assortment of stories that just don't mix well and that aren't fully developed on any front because there's so much attempt to make these stories work together.

That being said, Throne of Atlantis really only took inspiration from one story and sucked too. But I think the root of all of that is just too big a scale. What ever happened to the days of focusing in on the key elements and delivering on them instead of jumping around so much that there's no emotional payoff for any aspect of the story?

I suppose my main issue lies not in the blending of various stories, but in the failure to pay off on all (or any) of the established characters and storylines because so much time is dedicated to cramming everything into one movie.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I think as long as they stick with this style and rating we'll always get a fun, action packed movie. But it's not really blowing any minds anymore.

I enjoyed it all, great action and fight scenes. Definitely wished for Drake and Todd but really there was no time for them. Hopefully in the next movie, same for Batgirl. Really enjoyed Bat Woman on this, she could solo a movie.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By judasnixon

Didn't even know this was a thing.... Ever time I heard some one talking about this movie I thought people were talking about that Batman singing Tylor Swift video on Youtube........

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was indeed the best of the 3. I thought the action was the best and the plot though not outstanding was still interesting enough to take you all the way through. I have to say that a main part of that was due to focusing more on Nightwing than Damien. They tried to push him way too much in the previous ones, so in this one he doesn't do anything too ridiculous to impede the enjoyment.

The only big issue I had was with how the Heretic was killed.