#1 Edited by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

year one is a bland story with nothing happening besides batman being beaten by a bunch of streetwalkers.

Zero Year has action, suspense, a criminal mastermind, tensions, a mysterious gang, high-tech gadgetery, batman's trainings, sad moments, win moments and even funny moments

now discuss.

#2 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you a robot created to troll the Batman boards?

#3 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you a robot created to troll the Batman boards?

i'm not trolling, I just want to discuss to see wether you think year one is better than zero year or not

#4 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Zero Year but as of now, I still prefer Year One. Maybe that will change when it's all over. Year One had some great moments of both Batman and Gordon. The ending was epic when Bruce saves Gordon's baby

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

the trolling continues. your parents must be very proud.

#6 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective: Excuse me for my attitude but it's a little hard not to be sardonic with the same person that brought us "Batman should have been black".

#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really cared for Year One but unlike Zero Year it was a simple story,Zero Year is trying to be Year One,TKJ,No Mans Land and a Riddler story simultaneously.

#8 Edited by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Zero Year but as of now, I still prefer Year One. Maybe that will change when it's all over. Year One had some great moments of both Batman and Gordon. The ending was epic when Bruce says Gordon's baby

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (42174 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really cared for Year One but unlike Zero Year it was a simple story,Zero Year is trying to be Year One,TKJ,No Mans Land and a Riddler story simultaneously.

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective: Excuse me for my attitude but it's a little hard not to be sardonic with the same person that brought us "Batman should have been black".

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (42174 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh, this is why siblings aren't allowed to marry each other.

Come on Fade, you don't have to be that mean. Lol.

#13 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO XD

If only this site allowed people to follow twice

#14 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, I was bored at the time (or maybe drunk)

#15 Edited by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Year One is a simple story that deals with complex themes. Zero Year is a complex story that doesn't deal with many themes. If you like popcorn writing, you will like Zero Year better. If you like meaty writing, you will like Year One better. I would have no problem with someone teaching a class on Year One at my school. I would have a big problem with someone teaching Zero Year.

#16 Posted by PunyParker (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

The last page of #23 gave me goosbumps.

"A LEGEND IS BORN"

#17 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective: oh poor punch drunk you. you dont put a band aid on an axe wound to the head

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

year one is a bland story with nothing happening besides batman being beaten by a bunch of streetwalkers.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

#19 Posted by Squalleon (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Zero Year i hope it doesn't get lost in its own ambition.

But Year One is THE Batman origin. The scenes, the characterazation everything is perfect, no unecessary plot lines or blockbuster explosions, just the origin of Batman plain,simple and most of all great!

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (12684 posts) - - Show Bio

Year One >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zero Year

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really funny! :D

But now let's be serious - Zero Year so far has been nothing more but like a bag of chips.It promises a lot to it's fans and in the end it''s half full.Nothing interesting has happened and SNyder has been doing the same thing all over again.Year One can't even be compared with the shit that Zero Year is because it is light years better than it.

#22 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, I'm enjoying Zero Year more than I did Year One. But that being said I'm a huge Scott Snyder fan boy!

#23 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

dont poke the bear(dc purist) lol

#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Edited by Jayc1324 (12203 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero year is decent but is lacking action and purpose. It's also kinda complicated and confusing with all the different parts of the story. But it's still pretty good for now.

Year one, on the other hand, was one of the greatest graphic novels of all time, and it didnt even have a real villian. And it ony took four issues. It was about a broken man devoting his life to something and dealing with regular problems and thugs. plus awesome scenes with gordon and batman and catwoman and the pimp scene. zero year even used a line from year one, "Yes father. I shall become a bat." Year one wins.

#26 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Snyder fanboy but I Zero Year doesnt touch Year One

#27 Edited by sinestro_GL (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Zero Year hasn't even finished yet...

#28 Posted by PunyParker (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero year is awesome,and he didtn become Batman yet.....it's fantastic storytelling,Snyder 's a genious.

#29 Edited by entropy_aegis (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl said:

Well, Zero Year hasn't even finished yet...

Well it's divided in to 3 phases,Secret city,Dark City and ???(will be revealed) which will all connect in to a larger story. Secret City deals with the origin and it's almost over,we have only one issue to go.

#30 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero Year is confusing but 23 was great better Batscene than One

#31 Posted by MuyJingo (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

Year One was fantastic because it gave us a serious take on the character that has defined the character to this day. It showed how strategic he was, it showed why he did the things he did....it made Batman make amazing sense.

It also gave insight into Gordon and showed the relationship between those characters starting.

So far Zero Year has been Bruce against the Red Hood Gang, the very existence of which diminishes Joker's likely origin in The Killing Joke.

Every single backup has been better the the main issue.

#32 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

Every single backup has been better the the main issue.

I agree with this. I've liked all the Zero Year backups so far.

#33 Posted by RustyRoy (12684 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: Snyder's run to me is like a one time watch action movie, you might enjoy it for some time but after that you'll never bother to see it again or care for it.

#34 Posted by consolemaster001 (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Year One >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zero Year

This

#35 Edited by tec79 (167 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Jake Fury (18616 posts) - - Show Bio

i've liked Zero Year so far. Never read Y1.

#37 Edited by Saapth89 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero Year is a modern approach to Batman's origin, based on the characteristics of the new 52 and is still running, so it's a bit unfair and early to compare it to a classic. Time will reveal the impact the new origin story will have in the batman mythos and let's hope that aside an entertaining story the new origin will be must read for the next generations that come across the world of Batman comics.

#38 Posted by ost8fan (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I really am enjoying Zero Year quite a bit but I'm not sure this is a fair question. Year One is more important than just the words on the page, it helped re-create Batman for an entire generation and brought in the 'DARK' knight we all love. Scott Snyder has done a pretty incredible job with Batman -- and I am most certainly a Snyder fanboy -- and will finish with a better body of work on Batman than Miller, but Miller is also responsible for helping to create the version of Batman that Snyder writes so well. It's a whole "chicken and egg" type thing. I'll go with Year One but only because of its importance.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (19854 posts) - - Show Bio

...So have you read Year One or are you just deliberately showing yourself up? Zero Year is far from one of Snyder's better works. After Court of Owls, his Batman stuff hasn't been all that good aside from issues 18 and 19.

#40 Edited by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by silent_bomber (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Year One is probably a little too grounded in reality for some bat-fans.

Some just can't do without the garish super villains with their dastardly plots, or Batman crashing through Gotham in a ludicrous Bat-Tank etc, no time for a smart character tale about organised crime and corruption.

:)