• 70 results
#51 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

He already did in Batman Chronicles #21.
BB

I don't understand why no one has acknowledged this post. Reading the reviews on this would be interesting.

#52 Edited by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

Side note he's great friends with Alex Maleev who does a great Batman!

#53 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just because he's good at street-level characters or noir doesn't automatically mean a good comic every time. His Moon Knight run was arse.

In truth, I've simply had enough of Bendis, personally. Keep him in his current corner of the MU writing X-Men, where I don't really care what happens. His stay on the Avengers was a slog. There are just other writers I can think of to have a shot with Bats.

I'm by no means a Bendis hater, his USM work remains one of my favorite comics, but that's my stance.

#54 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

put him on nightwing

#55 Posted by frogdog (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Ok then since you asked :p

When was the story made? Because the last time bendis took over a street leveler, moon knight was crazier than usual standards

Second writing one book can't really determine the outcome of a whole run.

#56 Posted by PunyParker (11353 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

Side note he's great friends with Alex Maleev who does a great Batman!

He works with great artists only......Maleev,Bagley,Pichelli,Marquez,Immonnen,Finch and Deodato.......the last one,would draw an awesome Batman....

EDIT : Found sample.....Deodato's Batman.

#57 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog:

Turns out to be a short story within a comic and a noir type alternate universe, lol (1980's - around there) . So yeah, I think it's fair to say the example wouldn't be the best in gauging how well Bendis could handle Batman for a run. ;)

#58 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely like to hear his pitch for a Batman run and I would definitely give him a chance but

Honestly, I'd rather have him write Nightwing. I feel he could write a good Dick Grayson.

this

#59 Posted by frogdog (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Heh it almost sounds like an opposite of his ultimate spider-man run.

At least someone used evidence, to support the idea, rather than speculate on nothing.

#60 Posted by SirJig (9 posts) - - Show Bio

If that ever happens, however unlikely, I foresee a lot of banter over meals prepared by Alfred between Bats & various batfam members & associates. A lot of the rogues gallery will have useless continuity-destroying retcons done to their histories (See all of Bendis' Avengers books & "events").

#61 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

If he could turn back time and write Batman like he wrote Daredevil, I'd let him do it.

#62 Edited by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I don't know why but Poison Ivy's face and Catwoman's face don't seem wright.

#63 Posted by PunyParker (11353 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje said:

@punyparker: I don't know why but Poison Ivy's face and Catwoman's face don't seem wright.

Ι know right?...

Batman looks good...

And why the hell is Poison Ivy there?....

#64 Edited by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by PunyParker (11353 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Those ears are way too long, and the cape looks like a manga style Spawn cape.

Thanks for uploading.

#67 Edited by PunyParker (11353 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje said:

@punyparker: Those ears are way too long, and the cape looks like a manga style Spawn cape.

Thanks for uploading.

Ears too long?!.....Arkham games bro!! (well the first two....Origins' ears are practically DK cowl.)

I like the cape!..reminds me of Sale's.

#68 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Ivy is their becuase its his play on one from Hush

#69 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I compared the ears and I think arkham is the longest it should be but this one is just a bit too long in my opinion, and the cape does look awesome but it just seems a bit out of character for Batman

#70 Posted by PunyParker (11353 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje said:

@punyparker: I compared the ears and I think arkham is the longest it should be but this one is just a bit too long in my opinion, and the cape does look awesome but it just seems a bit out of character for Batman

Fair enough for both points.

@punyparker: Ivy is their becuase its his play on one from Hush

Huh,......didnt know that...

I just went thru his deviantart gallery and found Batman!

#71 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: really? i noticed it the moment i looked at the image

#72 Posted by PunyParker (11353 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: really? i noticed it the moment i looked at the image

Ι payed too much attention at the Lee covers then....(Hush)