#1 Posted by JordanIsntSuper (42 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you think?

#2 Posted by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely believe that Robin can and will be pulled off on the big screen someday. Some alterations might need to be made (maybe the Robins didn't begin operating on the street until they were all at least 13-15 years old rather than at more juvenile ages). But the fact is that Robin - like all of Batman's many supporting characters - really adds a whole new dimension to Bruce and brings in so much interesting storytelling material.

#3 Posted by ReachDestroyer (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit Girl worked, so can Robin.

#4 Posted by War Killer (20111 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I believe so. If people are okay with a teenage Spider-Man then I don't see anything wrong with Batman having a teenage (16-17) sidekick/partner.

#5 Posted by Squares (5297 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, and he has.

#6 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

People often says Hit Girl worked, since Hit Girl worked this gives hope to people who ignores why she worked.

Hit Girl was used as an example of how children side kicks are child abuse.

Is hard to belive a father would take his son and let him do this.

The idea of Batman train his family make sense, putting them a suit and letting them go with him to risk their lifes, will make Batman look like Big Daddy who was as the matter of fact psychotic, Big Daddy was telling people children sidekicks were wrong and would only end in one way, with a person without any other type of life, Robin is Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Jason Todd and etc... the guy under the costume made the suit, with Hit Girl you only had Hit Girl.

I have said this, keep the batmfamily but let them go into crime fighting in their own identities, the ones they build, Nightwing, Red Robin and Red Hood, so its obvious is their choice to be this and not Batman forcing them.

Make sure people see this was their decision, not Batman decision.

#7 Posted by TheDarkKnightBatman (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Robin could work in a Batman movie.

#8 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I think Damian would work the best

#9 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

well maybe but not in MOS Universe

#10 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

It could work. He'd probably need to be an adult though. For some reason I feel like Damian is the only Robin who could easily work well as a kid. I guess it's the fact that he was raised by assasians and is the son of Batman and Talia al Ghul.

#11 Posted by longbowhunter (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

For me Batman and Robin are inseparable. I hate that Robin has never been given proper movie treatment.

#12 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would work within this context:

• Movie isn't completely realistic (i.e.- not like Nolan-verse).
  • Batman isn't entirely sane (he allows a kid to work with him).
  • Robin is actually useful (the audience will be more accepting).
#13 Edited by LyraFay (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

He could work, if a little bit older. I really hope that those rumours of Nightwing are true!

#14 Posted by CuddleBear (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

time drake and his stick would work

#15 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

Major alterations would be needed but yeah he could work.

#16 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

He could work, if a little bit older. I really hope that those rumours of Nightwing are true!

Major alterations would be needed but yeah he could work.

Yes, I believe so. If people are okay with a teenage Spider-Man then I don't see anything wrong with Batman having a teenage (16-17) sidekick/partner.

If that is a children side kick, i am Spiderman.

Dont say that, people here fail to notice there is something wrong with taking a kid put his life at risk, then explain Batman is a hero, when is obvious a hero would never take his son to do this.

They even fail to notice is more easy to put teens because teens understand what they are doing and why are they doing it.

Not only that they forget Bucky was Captain Robin and they changed him, even after the fact they are as close to the material as they can.

Not only that in Batman Cartoons Robin is a teen most of the time.

Even Superfriend Robin look to be a teen
Jason Todd in Young Justice a Teen
Tim looks to be a teen too

#17 Posted by havoc1201 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

If they use the origin from nightwing zero where dick works from the bat cave and is 15 but then becomes robin the yes it would work in a movie very well, probably not if he is 12 but if they pull from the new 52 story then it would work and then we can get a nightwing movie and maybe get all the way to Damian on film.

#18 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Batman being a bit crazy. He's already an eccentric rich man using his parent's fortune to wage a war against crime in Gotham dressed up like a bat, I can see his twisted psyche justifying child endangerment (sort of like in Young Justice).