#1 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9427 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that Ben Affleck has been cast as Batman (which i'm completely fine with) we know that they're going with an older already established Batman. And, since this universes Batman will be more in line with his comic counter part, a Robin(s) shouldn't be too crazy of an idea. Batman will be about 40 years old so one or two robins would would be acceptable. I would love to see Bruce Wayne roll into Metropolis with Dick Grayson and Tim Drake already established in their roles as Bruces' adopted children and Nightwing/Robin.

Who do you think should play them? I think Tyler Hoechlin whould be a great Dick Grayson. He's 25 years old and has the build. Tim Drake could be played by....Kit Harrington, maybe? He's actually 26 years old but he's physically smaller than anyone here (5'10 and skinnier build) and he looks young.

The good thing about having Robins established is that they could pull of a 'battle for the cowl' movie version if Ben Affleck ever fills like the role is becoming to physically daunting for him. Imagine Nightwing taking over for Batman with a little Damien Wayne as Bruce Wayne sits back and controls surveys from the Batcave. That would be awesome! And it would work in film because the audience would be used to the characters

#2 Posted by War Killer (19953 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see them finally introduce Dick Grayson as a teenage Robin, probably around 16 or so.

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love for the next Batman movie to cover the origin of Robin (Dick Grayson).

#4 Edited by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio

No I wouldn't like that.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (10832 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

No I wouldn't like that.

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (38526 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9427 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by batmannflash (6187 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Dick already as Nightwing in the movie. He could fight alongside Batman in the beginning and then go on and do his own stuff (like Under the Red Hood movie). Then they could make a spin-off Nightwing movie.

I would also like to see Tim Drake as an older Robin in the Batman sequel.

In the Nightwing movie they could introduce Barbara Gordon as Gordon's daughter. Then make a spin off Batgirl movie with Babs, Steph, and Cass working together as a team.

#9 Edited by Mucklefluga (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so.

#10 Edited by GeekBait (778 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to play Robin. :(

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really keen of the idea of a cinematic universe having a Robin but if it;s done properly why not.

#12 Posted by SupBatz (1690 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see what Ben Affleck's Batman is like before making a definite call. But I think it would be cool to see a movie Robin.

#13 Posted by Darkseid011 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be based of the dark knight returns series ,so I think it will be Carrie Kelly

#14 Posted by krspaceT (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

A robin of any form would be neat. People seemed to like that 'robin' cameo in DKR after all

#15 Posted by batmannflash (6187 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be based of the dark knight returns series ,so I think it will be Carrie Kelly

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (10832 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@dernman said:

No I wouldn't like that.

No Robin(s) at all or just my take on the character(s)?

Your take on characters, also the inclusion of Robin in Batman/Superman, the movie should only focus on two costumed heroes IMO. And Nightwing should not be already established, we need to see a proper evolution of the Batmythos.

#17 Posted by richardjohngrayson (414 posts) - - Show Bio

No it is not. Zack Snyder even said it wouldn't be based off of TDKR at SDCC. It will be the regular DCU. Frank Miller is consulting because Frank did a good job of Bats/Sups in TDKR. Don't just spread misinformation that is how BS rumors start. WB wants to lead to a JL flick not a Frank Miller verse.

#18 Posted by MasterDetective (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's a girl robin

#19 Posted by CheeseSticks (2378 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like a Robin in the movie verse but since Batman's already pretty old, the only way it would make sense with Affleck Batman is if Dick was already Nightwing(Who's actually 5'10 by the way) and I rather see him build up over time from Robin. Jason, Tim and Damian shouldn't even be relevant at the moment.

#21 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9427 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@dernman said:

No I wouldn't like that.

No Robin(s) at all or just my take on the character(s)?

Your take on characters, also the inclusion of Robin in Batman/Superman, the movie should only focus on two costumed heroes IMO. And Nightwing should not be already established, we need to see a proper evolution of the Batmythos.

Hmmm ok. Yeah thinking about, I would prefer to see Dick become Robin. But I still think it would be cool to have Dick Grayson make a cameo in The Superman/Batman movie. Not as Robin, of course, just Bruces' son

#23 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1476 posts) - - Show Bio

In his own movie yes, in Batman/Superman no. Maybe have a nod to a robin or a character related to robin but not Dick coming out of a limo with Bruce in the 2015 film.

#24 Posted by flameboy298 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Damon.

#25 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that makes me think Ben would work for me is if they had him being the older, Dark Knight Returns type Batman. And in that case I'm totally cool with a Robin. Frank Miller nailed the dichotomous relationship perfectly between the large dark brooding Batman, and the tiny colorful youthful Robin. Boy or girl doesn't matter to me. Doesn't even have to be an established Robin from the comics. Just get the dichotomy right and I might actually be up for this.

Sadly I doubt any of what I just said will happen. I'm expecting a cross between Schumacher and Nolan Batman for this :/

#26 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awesome to see Robin.

#28 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid011 said:

No it is not. Zack Snyder even said it wouldn't be based off of TDKR at SDCC. It will be the regular DCU. Frank Miller is consulting because Frank did a good job of Bats/Sups in TDKR.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

#29 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

If he was introduced, not for the sake of just being introduced, then sure, why not?

#30 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9427 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid011 said:

No it is not. Zack Snyder even said it wouldn't be based off of TDKR at SDCC. It will be the regular DCU. Frank Miller is consulting because Frank did a good job of Bats/Sups in TDKR. Don't just spread misinformation that is how BS rumors start. WB wants to lead to a JL flick not a Frank Miller verse.

Frank Miller hates Superman lol