Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nathaniel_christopher:

What's more, this isn't a Justice League movie anyways so they're mostly irrelevant outside of whatever cameos happens.

There more to the film then you are giving credit for. This is setting up the JL movie. This is the movie that going to make people jump on board. People are already skeptical because of Man of steel. What happens in this movie is going to show how the JL movie is going to work. That why Batman is being given a important role. We already seen why the world needs Superman.(for better, or worse) But, why does it need some guy in a Batsuit? I don't understand why this is so hard for some people to understand.

For Avengers though, I thought Hawkeye did just as good a job showing his worth as Widow.

Okay....so? A lot of other people didn't.

Its usually not equal because he's mostly useless when you put the entire team together, and can basically just be used to fill another chair. *shrug* If a JLA movie happened though, i'm sure he'd be presented fairly, just like he tended to be in the cartoon series.

So, you agree? You say that he's mainly unless in comics. Okay, fine. Why can't he be useful in the movies? It's possible. If a man can fly.......I think that it possible to make batman useful.

This again, doesn't make what you said before correct. Treating it like a JLA movie when it's not, makes no sense. Also, in terms of people understanding anything, i'd say it's anyone that argues that Batman has to beat Superman in a fight that doesn't understand. I'm also not advocating for Batman not being given an important role within the film, or that he shouldn't be shown to have various skills that Clark doesn't have.

So, I was giving my opinion on the Avengers movie. And just like a lot of other people didn't, a lot of other people did.

No, of course not. I say he's mainly useless in JLA comics. Who said he can't be useful in movies? Clearly you didn't read the rest of my post.

"If a JLA movie happened though, i'm sure he'd be presented fairly, just like he tended to be in the cartoon series."

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Really? You know that the only reason they went to see Superman was that they found the boom tube box and said maybe Superman knows something becuase you know he is an alien crack detective work there.

Than when they finaly meet Superman he just bum rushes batman and green lantern even thou they where both just trying to talk to him ya great first meeting that one

@w0nd: Well i dont know becuase people who can knock down buildings by punching them tend to attract villians that can knock down buildings by punching them

and that all the street level heroes becuase they cant handle the shit that goes down in gotham

yes I am aware that's why they encountered each other, and I enjoyed the confrontation.

gotham is a sh*thole, one of the worst on the planet. so ok great he doesn't want people knocking over buildings...it's still a shit hole while metroplis while has superman and heavy hitters is a bright and shiny city...infact most of them all except bludhaven which was wiped off the map.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: So you injoy Hal and Bruce being stupid and Superman being an asshole well ok then

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: So what if gotham is a shithole with that argument Bruce sould say f this and not bother being Batman

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't having Batman beat Superman make Superman meaningless? Yeah no i'd rather not have Batman beat Superman in his own movie...

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@nathaniel_christopher:

This again, doesn't make what you said before correct. Treating it like a JLA movie when it's not, makes no sense.

I never said it was, it's all opinionated. It's what WB is basically doing to compete with the avengers 2. It's what fans are expecting. The film that gives them hope for future installments.

Also, in terms of people understanding anything, i'd say it's anyone that argues that Batman has to beat Superman in a fight that doesn't understand. I'm also not advocating for Batman not being given an important role within the film, or that he shouldn't be shown to have various skills that Clark doesn't have.

Okay. That's fine. I never said that Batman has to beat Superman. I actaully even said that Supes should win the fight. But, also have Batman prove his worth.

So, I was giving my opinion on the Avengers movie. And just like a lot of other people didn't, a lot of other people did.

Sure, but why should they follow the same mistake? When there's a easy fix?

No, of course not. I say he's mainly useless in JLA comics. Who said he can't be useful in movies? Clearly you didn't read the rest of my post.

I did. That was towards the people that are against it. Probably should of went down a line.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superboy101: Well with Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and maybe more it isnt really looking like his movie any more

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Superboy101

@lordofthenorth: Flash is confirmed to be in the sequel too? Dang Superman isn't going to have any screen time by the looks of it...

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher:

This again, doesn't make what you said before correct. Treating it like a JLA movie when it's not, makes no sense.

I never said it was, it's all opinionated. It's what WB is basically doing to compete with the avengers 2. It's what fans are expecting. The film that gives them hope for future installments.

Also, in terms of people understanding anything, i'd say it's anyone that argues that Batman has to beat Superman in a fight that doesn't understand. I'm also not advocating for Batman not being given an important role within the film, or that he shouldn't be shown to have various skills that Clark doesn't have.

Okay. That's fine. I never said that Batman has to beat Superman. I actaully even said that Supes should win the fight. But, also have Batman prove his worth.

Sure, but why should they follow the same mistake? When there's a easy fix?

I did. That was towards the people that are against it. Probably should of went down a line.

I mean, I guess it gives them further hope beyond what's already been given.

It's only a mistake if you ever thought there was a problem. What's more, if you thought it was a mistake, it's pretty much impossible for it to be repeated in a movie dealing with 2 heroes instead of 6, which is a major issue people don't often account for in terms of the Avengers. There's only so much screentime, and 2 of the characters had never had their own movies.

I don't think most people here are advocating for Batman not being useful in MOS2 or in a JLA movie. I think they just want their to be a limit on how useful he should be. Basically they don't want it to be thrown in their faces that Batman's so great, and the best at this and that, so it doesn't seem like he or writers are trying to overcompensate. For a JLA movie I think it's important that every hero get their time to shine, without making them seem underpowered. I personally thought Avengers did a fine job of this, and that seeing as how DC's unlikely to make any of the heroes be mind controlled for a portion of the film, a JLA movie should be able to do an even better job.

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By HighlyEvolved

@johnni_kun: Yes, finally someone who understands what I am trying to say.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

*facepalm*

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Superman beating batman isn't a problem since Batman has been beaten by Superman before. The problems are created by overzelous fanboys who are fans of both heroes who can't enjoy a cool fight between Clark and Bruce.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This OP makes no sense. If you're talking in regards to the movie, batman may be all experienced and stuff but he's never come across a being like superman, no amount of experience dealing with street crime is gonna ready him for that. Let's just wait and see what they do with the movie.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street level experience won't help Batman against someone who can punch a building whatsoever. Batman is a street level hero after.

This OP makes no sense. If you're talking in regards to the movie, batman may be all experienced and stuff but he's never come across a being like superman, no amount of experience dealing with street crime is gonna ready him for that. Let's just wait and see what they do with the movie.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Street level experience won't help Batman against someone who can punch a building whatsoever. Batman is a street level hero after.

Not when he is a founding member of the Justice League he isn't.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman might break his hand trying to punch

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: There have been plenty of comics showing Batman's limitations. Specifically to the New 52, Court of Owls was precisely this. Scott Snyder began his run explaining that Batman isn't as powerful as he thought and didn't know Gotham as well as he thought either. Sure he eventually comes back and defeats the Court but in issues 5 and 6 we get to see a Batman who is completely beaten. Remember this.

Bjm316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Bjm316

I think batman being an "old grizzled" batman whos going gray in this upcoming movie is a BIG mistake. Batflect can still pull off someone younger than 40 or 50 years old without a problem. Nobody wants another origins story or a rookie batman of course thats played out. Why can't we have the bat in his prime not an old man who's gotta hang it up soon because of arthritis. I hear afflect signed on for a few movies including solo Batman's ... How the hell are we suppose to get longevity out of Ben affects batman being an old man semi retired over the Next 10-12 years or so? DC/WB wake the f up batman should be early thirties. Even if dick Grayson is Nightwing and Tim drake as a established robin already. I feel that's batman in his prime and its the best way to go.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well taking that Batman its obviously Vegeta, he will win.
Well taking that Batman its obviously Vegeta, he will win.

Avatar image for mr_vice_president
MR_VICE_PRESIDENT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Wayne:

People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed; but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman needs to be given a real role in the JLA movie, so if BvS has batman being absolutely useless like in the JL #1 it will go horribly. Bats needs to, if not beat Superman, at the very least put up a good fight

Beyond that, personally I don't really care what happens as long as Batman gives superman at least one good kick in the teeth, both heroes are alive by the end of the movie, and the city they're fighting in isn't a total crater when they're done (destruction is good for a movie, but MoS was was too much and way too realistic/scary)

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By arthurkerr

I hate when they say Clark Kent does not do prep work.

That Batman is the only hero that does prep work or researches the villain.

Booster Gold is prep master from hell and has all knowledge from the future.

Clark Kent is a investigative reporter with the fortress of solitude at his call filled with androids willing to just work away all night if they have to but never on saterdays when they have to have tea. (just sayin)

Blue Beatle , the one and only not the kid (laughable by the way)

Was filled with prep work and did the job very well.

Batman may seem like the only one with a clue but he lives in a world filled with competent heroes and he is not the only one that can do research.

It gets to the point where you almost do not like the character.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really doesn't create problems.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really doesn't create problems.

Take those fanboy glasses. It does.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Given the way they are showing Superman being perceived as God a human humbling him might be a good ending.

Perhaps change it in a way Superman lost willingly.

That or they will probably have a bigger villian that would need Batman and Superman to eventually team up after an unresolved conflicts.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@redwingx: Not really. And it kinda hard to have fanboy glasses on when, I love both Bats and Supes.

Explain how Superman beating Batman creates problems, when Superman beat Batman twice in the comics, easily.

Once when he was under Maxlords mind control and he nearly killed Batman.

And again in Lex Luthor Man of Steel where Superman beat a fully preped Bats (by prep I mean Bats had a good amount of kryptionite)

and the internet didn't explode.

As for Batman beating Supes creating problems it kinda does create problems, when not handled right (it hasn't been handled right in recent years). Because with prep its debatable at least to what Batman can do to Superman. Prep and Supes state of mind.

As long as the fights between them are handled with respect for both character, while showcasing their skill and not downgrading their character, it shouldn't matter who wins because the fight would do both justice. (But as I said in recent years that hasn't been the case).

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx: Not really. And it kinda hard to have fanboy glasses on when, I love both Bats and Supes.

Explain how Superman beating Batman creates problems, when Superman beat Batman twice in the comics, easily.

Once when he was under Maxlords mind control and he nearly killed Batman.

And again in Lex Luthor Man of Steel where Superman beat a fully preped Bats (by prep I mean Bats had a good amount of kryptionite)

and the internet didn't explode.

As for Batman beating Supes creating problems it kinda does create problems, when not handled right (it hasn't been handled right in recent years). Because with prep its debatable at least to what Batman can do to Superman. Prep and Supes state of mind.

As long as the fights between them are handled with respect for both character, while showcasing their skill and not downgrading their character, it shouldn't matter who wins because the fight would do both justice. (But as I said in recent years that hasn't been the case).

No Caption Provided

He is either a troll or a very weird fanboy.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because... if will Superman beat Batman... it will be alien beat man... And if good guy Superman beat Batman who always was somewhere in the middle between good and bad, Batman will ''die'' like bad guy... !!!

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The last thing we need is more anti-Superman/Batman-beats-everything garbage. So, for that reason alone I'm hoping Superman either comes out on top or the fight stalemates.