• 159 results
#1 Edited by HighlyEvolved (315 posts) - - Show Bio

If batman has more experience while Superman is a rookie, him getting beaten by Superman basically makes him useless. Especially since Batman will most likely have research on Superman. Basically it would be a fully prepped, experienced Batman getting decked by a Newbie Superman who has only been in one large scale battle. It makes Batman seem pretty meaningless. I am not saying we have to have BatGod but Batman should win.

#2 Posted by dbatdog (541 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, we all know that would happen...

#3 Posted by gor724 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be unresolved. Kinda like Hulk and Wolverine (when they first met) and Iron Man vs Thor (in The Avengers)

#4 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (11017 posts) - - Show Bio

Also he is called Superman, anything liek that makes him less super and comfirms Superman is more relatable that Batman.

#5 Posted by XxEdward_KenwayXx (527 posts) - - Show Bio

batman beating superman in his own movie causes problems. it should be unresolved. or they should have 2 battles where they each win one of the them. one thing i do want is for there battle to be the greatsest battle in comicbook movie history, one that we'll always remember

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6591 posts) - - Show Bio

It has to be a fight in Superman's favour but ultimately left unresolved

#7 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

If batman has more experience while Superman is a rookie, him getting beaten by Superman basically makes him useless. Especially since Batman will most likely have research on Superman. Basically it would be a fully prepped, experienced Batman getting decked by a Newbie Superman who has only been in one large scale battle. It makes Batman seem pretty meaningless. I am not saying we have to have BatGod but Batman should win.

If he cannot be made to look useful in a plausible manner, he should be useless. Its one of the things that has always really annoyed me about DC, because Batman is their most valuable property, all the other characters are always nerfed or made to look stupid for his benefit. Like most kids, I loved Justice League Unlimited, but it could have been a million times better if everyone wasnt brought down to Batman's level.

Basically, make Batman purely a "general", he will look at the resources on his side, and directs events. He can also run any stealth missions. But him beating any of the other heroes, or fighting the main threat just weakens the whole universe (especially considering Supes destroyed buildings with just the force of his punches in the last movie). DC may as well get rid of Superman, Wonder Woman, GL and the rest and just have a team of normal rich-guys, because hey, they can handle Darkseid and beat Supes so why not?

#8 Edited by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldnt be exciting to see superman beat a batman because batman is just a human. Batman beating superman is a whole new level of excitement for the GA

#9 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this before it dosnt matter if batman wins or superman wins what does matter is why they are fighting and what comes out of them fighting.

This also isnt a battle where you can discuss it like your on the battle forum. It takes place in a movie U which has its own rules and we still really know nothing about this or anything for that matter. U's Batman but can guess on a few things

1. They arent villians - this is important becuase both of Batman and Superman will never knowingly put poeple in danger and unless mind control is invalved so one beating the other wont save the day.

2. They dont kill - now i know what you are going to say but superman killed Zod well ya he did but Zod was ready to kill everyone in his path after Superman distored the genesis chamber and while i disagree with the moment he had to kill Zod but i understand why he had to kill Zod. That being said Batman isnt Zod so unless they F-Up his character in MOS2 than its safe to assume that Batman will never give Superman a reason to give his neck a snap or for Batman to try to kill Superman

3. Than why fight - Awnser becuase money but if i had to hazard a guess of what BS reason they will use in the movie it would be something along the lines of Batman usually MO of after seeing what happened in Metropalis he will see Superman as a threat and events in MOS2 will force Batman to confront Superman.

There could also be reasons for Superman to start the fight if the whole bat drones thing pans out maybe something forced about drone warfare and Superman goes and wrecks Batman toys or If Lex is a major character he could push Superman torwards a confrantion with Batman.

Maybe some combo of all of them

Our maybe Mr Mzyptlk will come and force them to fight and the losers city will be blown up (thou this one is highly unlikely atleast i hope)

Hopefully it willl be closer to the first example since it will fit more with the characters but we wont know until they finally release some info about this movie

4. What comes out of this fight - This is the toughest part becuase we dont know yet if their are any villains in this movie, when the fight will take place during the movie, if the fight is the most important part of the movie. So we have to ask ourselves if they have to fight and thier has to be a winner what can each gain and what they can the loss

Superman

If he wins - Unless batman is some sort of villian the most Superman can really gain from winning the fight is that he beat a human dressed like a bat.

If he loses - A loss on the other hand could be a major blow to his dignity or can teach Superman some humility aswell both are possable considering that he fought and won against trained soldiers with superhuman stregth and speed and a loss agaisnt Batman could effect him ether way. while Superman fan's will hate this it actually has more potential for Clark to grow form the experiance than if he had beat batman

Batman

If he wins - pretty striaght forward he gets to knock Superman down a peg

If he losses - could lose his life superman hits him a little to hard might be his end besides for that not much Batman isnt the type to rest on his laurels so unless he is dead most likely try again

but all this is just guessing until they actually release some info

#10 Posted by HighlyEvolved (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I see what your saying, but that's my point. If Batman is a general-tactician guy like you said and still gets his a** kicked by Superman who needs strategy. If Superman can take down a fully prepped Batman why would you even need him in the first place.

#11 Posted by PapiNacho (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what you did here. Although this would be less worse than Superman trashing Bats, they should still tie for the movie.

#12 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7979 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: Why is Supes the one that needs to be humbled? All of MoS was humbling for him, his whole life he was bullied by people, and just had to take it because he was too powerful. Then his people come back, but theyre like the biggest bullies in the Universe. They humble and mock him and ruin his home.

Superman is a Kansas farmboy, who is already humble and modest.

Batman is a rich, spoiled a**, who the entire world has bent over backward for. He is also arrogant and believes himself infallible. He needs to be humbled. Maybe, he should step up to a god, trying to force his will on everyone else as usual, and then get smacked down. He will then realize that no matter how smart he is, no matter how clever, he will always have more to learn, and he, being a normal human, will always have to strive to try harder because there will always be people who are better than him BY BIRTH.

And when this was first announced, it really seemed Batman was going to be the villain (or worse Supes would be the villain and Bats would be the hero in Superman's movie), based on Snyders comments. But, they have tempered expectations more and more as information has come out, and recently, Goyer even said he didnt believe Batman could beat Superman. So, hopefully, the more info comes out, the clearer it will be that Batman wont be DKR Batman, and wont pwn Supes in his own movie.

#14 Posted by Teerack (6624 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah superman is an inexperienced newbie and has only been in one large scale battle. You sure know a lot about Superman.

#15 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I see what your saying, but that's my point. If Batman is a general-tactician guy like you said and still gets his a** kicked by Superman who needs strategy. If Superman can take down a fully prepped Batman why would you even need him in the first place.

Because Superman would then become an asset for him to move during a battle. If it were chess, Batman would be the player, Superman would be the "queen" (because of the queens abilities lol), Green Lantern would be a Bishop, Flash would be a Rook, etc. Basically, Batman would move the pieces around the board.

#16 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (5818 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#17 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

One large scale battle that is far beyond the scope of anything Batman's used to, or capable of pulling off. Batman "winning" only serves to reduce Superman in the exact way others are saying being beaten by Superman reduces Batman. I still stand by the fact that neither should win, and the fight should be mostly unresolved/interrupted as they go to deal with the actual threat together, as that's the entire point. (Really I think the Iron Man vs Thor fight in Avengers is a good example) And in terms of Superman being a "newbie" I doubt this movie's going to be taking place the day after MOS, so he should have more experience under his belt.

#18 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@lordofthenorth: Why is Supes the one that needs to be humbled? All of MoS was humbling for him, his whole life he was bullied by people, and just had to take it because he was too powerful. Then his people come back, but theyre like the biggest bullies in the Universe. They humble and mock him and ruin his home.

Superman is a Kansas farmboy, who is already humble and modest.

Batman is a rich, spoiled a**, who the entire world has bent over backward for. He is also arrogant and believes himself infallible. He needs to be humbled. Maybe, he should step up to a god, trying to force his will on everyone else as usual, and then get smacked down. He will then realize that no matter how smart he is, no matter how clever, he will always have more to learn, and he, being a normal human, will always have to strive to try harder because there will always be people who are better than him BY BIRTH.

You're just playing one the stereotypes of "Batgod." Batman knows he not invincible. He knows that there are things that he can't possibly do, but he tries anyways. He's one of the best because of his limitations. He is always trying to be better. And, a older Batman would definitely know what he is lacking in terms of limitations. Especially, after seeing the alien attack on earth. Superman on the other hand has to be humble, because of his ridiculous power. He needs to constantly be challenge in these terms. Superman is basically a God, and Gods always have to be humble. Otherwise, then there's no need to care about them. One thing that New 52 still seems to forget from time to time.

#19 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

You're just playing one the stereotypes of "Batgod." Batman knows he not invincible. He knows that there are things that he can't possibly do, but he tries anyways. He's one of the best because of his limitations. He is always trying to be better. And, a older Batman would definitely know what he is lacking in terms of limitations. Especially, after seeing the alien attack on earth. Superman on the other hand has to be humble, because of his ridiculous power. He needs to constantly be challenge in these terms. Superman is basically a god, and Gods must all way have to be humble. Otherwise then there's no need to care about them. One thing that New 52 still seems to forget from time to time.

Batman has no limitations any more. Im pretty sure Batfans would boycott any comic book that showed Batman with limitations. Shoot, there are Batfans on this very site who are mad that Batman doesnt "do enough" on Justice League in the New 52. And if people really believe he can beat Superman, than doesnt that logically make him more OP than Superman? Isnt Superman the underdog if everyone thinks Batman will win going into it?

Batman is always talking mad s*** and condescending to people. He is intolerably arrogant.

I care about Superman when he is fighting his equals or betters and giving his all, I dont need to see him challenged by regular humans to care or believe he can lose.

#20 Posted by MaccyD (4175 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: You've been reading too much All-star Batman and John's Batman if you think he's an arrogant d***.

#21 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@deaditegonzo: You've been reading too much All-star Batman and John's Batman if you think he's an arrogant d***.

He talks down to people all the time. Literally all the time.

He tells the rest of the Batfamily he doesnt need them, and that he will handle whatever the threat is.

Superman flies in, and Batman is like, "You blew my cover, I had this under control." This happened pretty recently even, in Superman/Batman #5 and it almost got Batman killed (hilariously).

He tells the Justice League they were stupid for how they handled something without sufficient subtly.

He is condescending all of the time, this is probably due to "running the asylum", but anyway, its why I generally prefer him outside of my favourite stories. He really needs to learn respect and appreciate his teammates.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (42841 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: He needs to be humbled becuase he is F***ing Superman barely anything can hurt him, he can fly and smash building with his fists all with out having to do anything to gain said powers so iam sorry to say this but anybody with that mach power the word humble isnt going to be an easy to come by.

So what if batman come from wealth and he certainly isnt spoiled he comes from a faimly that has always dedacted their lives to helping the people of Gotham. So boo hoo batmans more popular than superman get over it. Batman is always trying to better himself always learning, always planning, always training pushing himself in the persuit of perfection because he ALREADY know that some one better than him my be jsut around the corner and he has to be ready. So him thinking himslf infallable is luaghable

#24 Edited by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

hmm i agree with this sucks for me to say but pre-new 52 DC managed to make him one of biggest cynical arrogant psychopath :/

Backstabbing the League in "Tower of Babel" ; creating the schematics for Brother Eye and the OMACs, not helping Ted Kord in infiltrating Checkmate, despite his obvious responsibility (as creator of Brother Eye and the OMACs, precisely) which resulted in Ted doing things alone and getting killed ; failing at keeping a promise he made to Superman at the end of "Dark knight over Metropolis" which resulted in Wonder Woman killing Max Lord ; telling Superman that the last time he inspired anyone was when he was dead (which isn't true at all. Remember the "Supermen of America"? And what about the Legion of Superheroes in the 31st Century?) ; threatening fellow superheroes ever after they saved the day (like Jason Rusch, at some point) and the habit of always condescending his friends & the list goes on and on.

Thankfully He's much better person now , New 52 Batman is , trusting , sane & a likable guy then that old pscyho one

#25 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Do you know why batman fans are upset about JL becuase the whole time he has gone jack shit of importance if he wasnt in JL it wouldnt matter it would have zero effect on the title (besides for sales).

When does batman talk shit or has been condescending that sort of thing is below him and if does get angry with some one its becuase they deserve it like what happened in identity crisis

#26 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: I dont know if you can answer this, as I dont know if youve ever experienced anything similar: But what is harder? Fighting back when you know you can win, or choosing to lose, even though you know youd win?

Clark got bullied and beat up his whole life by the "peak" humans of the world in MoS (in a lot of ways the jock kid could be a stand in for Bruce Wayne with all the privilege and arrogance), and he could easily have shattered their illusions of superiority with one fist, but he didnt, because he knew it wouldnt be right. He allowed himself to be humbled. It is part of why I am so annoyed at the direction of this Superman/Batman movie, because either Snyder has no integrity as an artist, or he accidentally added deep themes to MoS on accident. Anyway, that is a huge difference between Superman and Batman, Bruce would have had to fight back, even knowing the kid was totally inferior to him, because he has to be the very best and the hardest.

Kind of reminds me of this:

The lesson for that little boy, Batman's idea of what is good for the world? Defeat your enemy, humiliate him. Teach him a lesson and overcome him. The complete opposite of Clark, and his ideals, and what we saw from Clark in MoS. Clark is already humble, Batman could use a fist to the chops.

#27 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: He dosnt talk down to any one

He tells the batclan he can handle threats on his own becuase he cares about them putting their safety and well being before his own

how doesnt he repect and apprate his teammates Batman is realist always focused on the tasks at hand and the threats of the future he dosnt wast time talking about feeling or any of that BS becuase he cant afford to he cant slow down. So forgive him if he stand sround craking jokes and dosnt stroke his teamates egos he has more important things to do

#28 Edited by Pokeysteve (8337 posts) - - Show Bio

In this instance Batman is useless. You know DC will have Superman job a bit to make Batman relevant.

#29 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: He dosnt talk down to any one

He tells the batclan he can handle threats on his own becuase he cares about them putting their safety and well being before his own

how doesnt he repect and apprate his teammates Batman is realist always focused on the tasks at hand and the threats of the future he dosnt wast time talking about feeling or any of that BS becuase he cant afford to he cant slow down. So forgive him if he stand sround craking jokes and dosnt stroke his teamates egos he has more important things to do

You are the prototypical Batfan. I doubt Batman himself could say it better.

If Superman, Flash, and Wonder Woman have time to stand around waiting for Batman's human mind and perception to contribute to the conversation, he can give them their due once in a while.

#30 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: their you go again do you know what batman was doing when that kid was bullying Clark he was training himself to perfection throwing away any chance of happiness for the sake of others. Bruce would have fough back your right but not becuase he has to be right or has to be the hardest its becuase the bullies are wrong and batman being the symbol of "JUSTICE" couldnt just stand by and not do anything

Your right it is about over coming something that boy is out numbered and protecting his sister but guess what next page Clark comes in to brack up the fight and what does that kid do he flips clark off why becuase just like Bruce said on the page after that the bullies will just come back even harder than before and they did but becuase the kid stood up for himself and drove the bullies off on his own(but with bruce teaching him a punch) they will think twice about picking on him again so it wasnt about humiliating the bullies but the boy finding his own strenght

#31 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: And you are the phototypical superman fan who just complains about batman all the time.

"If Superman, Flash, and Wonder Woman have time to stand around waiting for Batman's human mind and perception to contribute to the conversation, he can give them their due once in a while". bullshit the whole point of batman in the league is that his ten steps ahead of everyone .

so what in the hell do you want batman to do tell everyone how super awsome they are and how they are bestest best friends ever sorry but Batman isnt that kind of guy

#32 Posted by PapiNacho (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman beating Superman doesn't mean he can just go and punch down Darkseid, Superman has weaknesses and Darkseid should be leagues above him anyways. Don't know why everyone suddenly gets pissy about giving Batman feats, he is in the Justice League, he should be in the same level as his teammates. He doesn't need to be "street level" to be "relatable" he already is, by virtue of being a human. On the converse, a tie would make Superman more "relatable" because suddenly he is not a deus ex machina, Lex Luthor, Metallo, Parasite and Silver Banshee are suddenly credible threats.

#33 Posted by RDClip (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

As I have multiple times before, Superman is still in a precarious position with the general audience who know nothing of comics. Superman Returns was almost universally revilled while MoS was polarizing. He needs to look strong to the general audience and getting his ass kicked by a mere human is not the way to go about it. I don't care how many comic book reasons nerds can think of, if Superman can get beat by a non-powered guy, he looks weak to the general audience.

If there is a fight, it should be between Superman and an army of bat robots, which he should still beat. Having an actual fist fight between batsy and supes would be the worst thing they could do.

#34 Posted by HighlyEvolved (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I am talking about MOS Superman. Not Comics Superman.

#35 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (11017 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah brilliant!!!

BatMan fans need to get humble, just for that Batman has to lose.

Green Arrow in Smallville was pretty much Batman and they never made him use a supercostume and almost kills Clark.

People want Batman to be like Black Dynamite in this movies.

#36 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Their "fight", if there even is one based on Goyer's comments, will be brief and should be largely in favour of Superman. Why? Because Batman is largely useless in comparison. I don't mean to downplay Batman's character but it's that simple. If there were to be a fight though, it should resemble the one seen in the first arc of Justice League where Batman tosses everything in his arsenal at Superman but the fight becomes unresolved in a sense.

#37 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah brilliant!!!

BatMan fans need to get humble, just for that Batman has to lose.

Green Arrow in Smallville was pretty much Batman and they never made him use a supercostume and almost kills Clark.

People want Batman to be like Black Dynamite in this movies.

You're kidding right? Batman or his fans doesn't need to be humbled, Batman has been beaten by Superman millions of times, I personally don't care if Batman loses but I'd prefer if the fight is resolved so not downplaying either character or making either character's fan angry.

#38 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11017 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Batman fans belive the only way to make him relevant is by him almost killing Superman, this is pointless, the lack of faith of this people on Batman is annoying, Batman has always find way to keep himself relevant, without the need of almost kill Superman to do it, heck he didnt even need Superman to do this in his past movies and didnt need it in TAS.

He keeps himself relevant even after getting his ass kicked by Superman.

Also they downplay Superman, they have to do it with Batman, its a live action movie, they need or it will look out of place.

#39 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Batman fans belive the only way to make him relevant is by him almost killing Superman, this is pointless, the lack of faith of this people on Batman is annoying, Batman has always find way to keep himself relevant, without the need of almost kill Superman to do it, heck he didnt even need Superman to do this in his past movies and didnt need it in TAS.

Also they downplay Superman, they have to do it with Batman, its a live action movie, they need or it will look out of place.

And Superman fans don't believe that Superman needs to kill Batman to be relevant? Everytime Superman beats Batman the scan spreads like wildfire, and it happens a lot. In fact the original thread was about why Superman needs to beat Batman, I'd say keep the fight unresolved, an unresolved fight won't insult any of these character's fans. Superman is also capable of keeping himself relevant no matter what.

#40 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (11017 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

And Superman fans don't believe that Superman needs to kill Batman to be relevant? Everytime Superman beats Batman the scan spreads like wildfire, and it happens a lot. In fact the original thread was about why Superman needs to beat Batman, I'd say keep the fight unresolved, an unresolved fight won't insult any of these character's fans. Superman is also capable of keeping himself relevant no matter what.

When Batman punch Superman or insult him this happens too.

It how the internets is.

#41 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

It how the internets is.

Yeah but Superman beating Batman happens more times than Batman beating Superman, in New 52 alone Superman has beaten Batman 4-5 times at least.

#42 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11017 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

It how the internets is.

Yeah but Superman beating Batman happens more times than Batman beating Superman, in New 52 alone Superman has beaten Batman 4-5 times at least.

Wait the had fight 4 or 5 times in this time period, well the problem is that they belive that the only way to make their relationship relevants is by figthing.

#43 Edited by TrionAce (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman should realistically stomp Batman before he has a chance to bat an eye. But if Superman beat Batman all of his fanboys would riot

#44 Posted by modernww2fare (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Because batfans will whine "Batman can't lose! He's BATGOD!!"

#45 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare said:

To counter, isn't this whole thread Superman fans wining that "Superman can't lose to a man! He's a GOD!". Can no one just enjoy a good story, regardless of if it's realistic or not?

EDIT: I thought I was posting on the other thread with the opposite title. I still stand by my point though.

#46 Posted by modernww2fare (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@modernww2fare said:

To counter, isn't this whole thread Superman fans wining that "Superman can't lose to a man! He's a GOD". Can no one just enjoy a good story, regardless of if it's realistic or not?

I'm a Superman fan and I can accept if he loses.

#47 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@modernww2fare said:

To counter, isn't this whole thread Superman fans wining that "Superman can't lose to a man! He's a GOD". Can no one just enjoy a good story, regardless of if it's realistic or not?

I'm a Superman fan and I can accept if he loses.

Good for you then. Same with Batman for me.

#48 Posted by HighlyEvolved (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@trionace: Ugh, yes, all sensible Batman fans know that Superman could crush batman. But obviously they won't be fist fighting. Yes, Superman could break into the batcave and kill him. But its not in his character. In a fair fight, Superman would win. Hands down. But battles are rarely fair, and if for some reason Batman wins, its mostly likely going to be a quick one shot thanks to some trick.

#49 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1840 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724: Wolverine giving Hulk any trouble in a confrontation has always been pure bull$;it and I have never understood that constant mismatch. Hulk should be able to kick Wolverine into the stratosphere easy. Same with Batman vs Superman. One pinky slap from Supes and Batman dies, period!

#50 Posted by SilverPool (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Batman beating Superman not cause problems either? If Batman beats Superman that makes Superman look extremely incompetent, and it makes almost zero sense how it could be possible. The suspension of disbelief an audience would need to have would be ridiculous.

It only worked in Dark Knight Returns because Miller wrote Superman out of character, and made him go extremely easy on Batman. It wouldn't make much sense to write Superman in that way for Man of Steel 2, when Superman is the core character of the film, and you don't want to make him look like a villain.

After seeing the beating Zod and Superman gave each other in MOS, I don't see how this fight will feel plausible.