Hello everyone, after having a look at the gameplay i was kind of disappointed there are a few reasons i think Arkham origins will fail to deliver and outmatch it's predecessor
- Prequel games are never a good idea because at most cases it ruins the canon-line of the game
- No innovations gameplay-wise , as the creators said "Its arkham city reprogrammed" (excluding mini-games)
- Missing voice actors is always a letdown and a lore-breaker.
- Combat will probably be much less fluid thanks to the implantation of long animations during fights (taking down enemies will take about 5 seconds since every takedown will be an animation not a punch that drops people to the ground.
- Storyline seems too linear (taking down 7-8 assassins 1 by 1 each with a boss fight (which is btw based on freeze's boss fight) than moving in on black mask its a real dull compared to arkham city's amazing storyline.
- Different studio and writers meaning probably different approach, some players might no like it.
- it will probably be the Dark-Knight-Movie-Successor-Case when a movie is so good a sequel (in this case a prequel) will probably not deliver the same experience as the last one, which in different words means Arkahm City set the bar very high and Arkham Origins didn't seem to top that bar so far.
iam looking forward for this game but i wasn't blown away by the gameplay as i was by Arkham City's gameplay.. overhaul it didn't hyped me at all about the game but that's just my opinion, what do you think?