• 136 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Out of his entire bat family, he seems to like dick more than anyone else minus Alfred. Dick is the only one who visits him just to chat, and the first one to find out his secrets first, as seen in Death of the Family. Bruce just seems to favor him and trust him more. They are all his sons technically and if anything he should favor damian. It could be that Dick is the oldest, or the most capable (debatable) or that he was the first, or maybe just that dick likes bruce more than the others do and that allows their relationship to be stronger. There are moments where he bonds with the other members but nowadays Tim and Barbara and Jason aren't that nice to him unless he's in danger and actually needs their help.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i guess it's because dick was the most like him (well from his back story at least) and he helped saved dick from turning out like him.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of a touchy subject. There's a lot of people who think it's a preference you're born with, or some prefer to think that it's a choice over which you prefer...

I'd love to see those scans of Batman Liking Dick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: I can't post scans from my phone but if you have read the court of owls and death of the family those are the examples I'm talking about. At the end of court of owls when dick comes to visit Bruce and Bruce talking to dick on a rooftop about joker before he told the rest of the bat family in death of the family.

Also Tim just talks angrily at batman now whenever he sees him. They always show up when they're needed but don't have a great relationship with Bruce on an everyday basis.

This is only from new 52 I'm talking about.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: My entire comment was a sex joke. Sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: fail on my part. That completely flew over my head lol

HuiZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HuiZe

Because it's Dick F-ing Grayson.

Seriously though, Dick is where it all started. The Boy Wonder, the sidekick of all sidekicks that turned into one of the most loved and liked heroes in DC, in-universe and among fans of the comics/cartoons.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim and Bruce has issues for some reason in the new52. Jason and Batman.....well watch Under The Red Hood. Jason is also done with Gotham as stated in Red Hood and The Outlaw first issue. Damian is unstable and does whatever he wants which leads to trouble so no he can't trust a 10 years old.

Then theres Dick Grayson who has been with Bruce with the longest after Alfred. Hes the older son and the most trustworthy. As you can see It's only natural that Bruce would trust him the most.

All Robins except for Damian are pissed at Bruce and they have trust issues. Damian is dead.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre new 52, Tim Drake was very close to Bruce but now he isn´t.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By redwingx

Also Dick being in the spotlight has done him NOTHING good so don't be angry over it. He has basically been demoted to Robin.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Because Dick is his greatest success. He raised Dick longer than anyone else. 8yrs old to present in Pre-52. Dick pretty much proved that Batman isnt 100% out of touch with humanity. Also i think Bruce thinks Dick is what he wouldve become if he had someone to make a difference in his life after his parents died.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not other of this.

He is the one that turn out for the best, besides he is the perfect son.

But isnt his most interesting relationship.

He is proud of Jason and this makes him feel guilty.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was his first <3

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"First born," best-behaved, would jump off a cliff (and make it look nice,) without question if Bruce asked him, not as much lip as Damian, Jason, and Tim, and generally Dick is just...kind of perfect for Bruce.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont really understand it in the new 52 Dick was only with bruce for like three years before he went on his own to be Nightwing so the father son relationship DC is still trying to push dosnt make any sense plus the age distance is so much shorter

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, this flew over so many heads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Out of his entire bat family, he seems to like dick more than anyone else minus Alfred.

Hehehehe

IAmGoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IAmGoot

Who doesn't like Dick? He's one of the first SIDEKICKS in comics.

Batman and he go way back. Don't think he's going around anytime soon.

Not reading the comics lately, but I've heard about this whole secret agent thing. Not sure if I like what I hear....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

Lots of reasons

1. He sees himself in Dick (you better not turn this into a sex joke). Dick lost his parents due to crime just like Bruce, however, unlike Bruce, he didn't let vengeance completely consume him (some might say this is /because/ of Bruce's interference though).

2. He's the first. The first person that Bruce let in on his secret besides Alfred, the first person he trained, trusted, loved and took under his wing.

3. Dick's personality. Seriously, how can you NOT love the guy? He isn't a delinquent like Jason, he isn't a smartypants like Tim and he isn't psychopathic like Damian. He's fun, easy going, disciplined but not afraid to improvise (like Jazz according to Midnighter). He's caring, a good friend and a good leader and a great partner, and the ONLY person to successfully take up the mantle of Batman in canon.

4. Length of time? Dick arguably spent the most time as Robin, because of this, he probably had more time to bond with Bruce.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By MakkyD

Tim Drake- New 52 origin messed up his relationship with Batman (was he even a Robin? I think he just went straight to Red Robin)

Jason Todd- He hates Bruce, if I remember. He's pretty unstable either way.

Damian- Unstable, 10 years old, dead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I'm starting to see just how much of a dick Tim and Jason are always to batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: not really in conan any more in the new52 he was only robin for about three years

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Richard isn't Bruce's favourite.

Damian is.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damian is.

Well f%ck you too then.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@maccyd: Jason doesn't hate Bruce anymore.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Was thinking that, as I said, he's pretty unstable anyway. (Although he was shown comforting Alfred after Damian's death in JL, so he's not the worst).

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@comicstooge said:

Damian is.

Well f%ck you too then.

I see what you did there.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Wolverine008
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@allstarsuperman: Was thinking that, as I said, he's pretty unstable anyway. (Although he was shown comforting Alfred after Damian's death in JL, so he's not the worst).

Issue number? I am interested in reading this.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Justice League #19, it's a short scene, though. It's actually in the comixology preview, if you just want to see that.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gloombot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gloombot

@maccyd said:

Tim Drake- New 52 origin messed up his relationship with Batman (was he even a Robin? I think he just went straight to Red Robin)

Jason Todd- He hates Bruce, if I remember. He's pretty unstable either way.

Damian- Unstable, 10 years old, dead.

I agree with this as the reason mostly. Damian is too unstable and has too much from the League still inside him to be wholly good, though I think he'll love him an a deeper way than he ever did any of his other "adopted" children. Jason Todd was never the same after the "incident", even though running with the Outlaws has actually humanized him a lot more and more or less patched things up with B-man, and Tim Drake honestly is too ambitious, he's pretty damn good but he doesn't seem to be as humble in his role as Bruce or Dick are.

First issue Batman introduces Tim Drake as Former: Robin, Current: Red Robin, FWIW.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RustyRoy
No Caption Provided

Bruce favors Damian more than Dick. Although Damian is his son and is too young to have any meaningful conversation with, that's where Dick comes in, Dick's relationship with Bruce is older than all of the Robins, he's like Bruce's friend and brother. But in preN52 I believe Bruce was closer to Tim than Dick but New 52 changed that up, they even gave Tim's origin to Dick.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Too much dick in this for me....my maturity level can't deal with it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_hench said:

Too much dick in this for me....my maturity level can't deal with it.

lol

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Dick is his greatest success. He raised Dick longer than anyone else. 8yrs old to present in Pre-52.

Have you a source for Dick starting at 8?

According to Secret Origins #13 he lost his parents at 10 and started as Robin at 11. And in Robin Year one he is in middle school.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: In the original comics by Bob Kane and Bill Finger he was 8 that's the best age for him to start at imo so I refer to that age a lot.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#40 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@huize said:

Because it's Dick F-ing Grayson.

Seriously though, Dick is where it all started. The Boy Wonder, the sidekick of all sidekicks that turned into one of the most loved and liked heroes in DC, in-universe and among fans of the comics/cartoons.

Hello. As you can see I have censored the above post. Strong language is against site rules and if you feel you absolutely have to swear, please do as I have done here and censor using dashes, asterisks etc. Thank you :)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RustyRoy

@ultrastarkiller said:

@aahz: In the original comics by Bob Kane and Bill Finger he was 8 that's the best age for him to start at imo so I refer to that age a lot.

Disagree. it makes Batman look bad. In Damian's case I can understand but for other Robins its better they start when they are a little older.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@rustyroy: I meant best age for him to start for the father-son relationship. But I do like him being Robin at 8. It does make him look bad but in the long run it turned out completely fine. I mean look he's much better off than the other Batkids. Even in YJ they commented on how he's the most expirianced on the team and he obviously had much more skill than the others. I think that the mistake with the others is that they didn't start as young.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, but this would be Golden Age and not pre crisis and afaik in the original origin story (=Detective Comic #38) is nothing said about his age.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@aahz: It doesn't but every summary for that comic list Dick Grayson as 8 so obviously the writers intended for him to be 8. And ya I know its Golden Age but no other comic gives an exact age except for All Star (not canon)and hints in Rob Year One. So I just go with his Golden Age (see what I did there) cause I like that age the best. I did mis-speak by saying he was 8 for certain in pre-52

PS plus Secret Origin is New 52 so I wouldn't go with that cause Nightwing 0 already said he was 16 as Robin but New 52 Batman continuity is crap anyway.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jayc1324: I think it's because Dick understands him better than most of the others,along with being the first son to start the phenomenon that is Batman & Robin.I don't think Dick takes Bruce's moods swing too serious.Maybe Dick is the person Bruce wish he could be.Dick has had a lot of tragedy in his life and he hasn't let that stop him one bit from being a great guy,a good crime fighter, and a good and respected leader.That's my two cents

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Disagree. it makes Batman look bad. In Damian's case I can understand but for other Robins its better they start when they are a little older.

Why? Dick and Bruce are supposed to have a father/son relationship. It's the perfect age and how does it make Batman look bad?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Why? Dick and Bruce are supposed to have a father/son relationship. It's the perfect age and how does it make Batman look bad?

Taking a young kid to crime fighting isn't really a good thing and is considered child endangerment, this does not only concern Dick but also Jason and Tim. And in New 52 they have more of a older and younger brother relationship.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Damian Wayne says hi!

Actually Dick and Bruce still have that father/son relationship which doesn't make any since really with Dick's age.

Like I said before Damian makes sense because he wasn't trained by Bruce but by LoA and Dick was the one who made him Robin not Bruce. Also from what I've seen so far Bruce and Dick have more brotherly/friendly relationship than father/son, Bruce isn't that much older than Dick in New 52.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By redwingx

@rustyroy said:

@redwingx said:

Taking a young kid to crime fighting isn't really a good thing and is considered child endangerment, this does not only concern Dick but also Jason and Tim. And in New 52 they have more of a older and younger brother relationship.

Damian Wayne says hi!

Actually Dick and Bruce still have that father/son relationship which doesn't make any since really with Dick's age.

No Caption Provided