lol good one ;)

NazarethSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NazarethSavage

Because he's better than their favorite Robin and they don't want to admit it.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By FatihBATMAN

so everyones favorite Robin is Damian?

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Stormbox

@FatihBATMAN said:

Most people like tim as robin and most people prefer dick as nightwing and jason as red hood

Some people prefer damian

I only know one person who likes stephanie as robin

So no, everyones favorite is not damian

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By batshrine

@Stormbox: lol I think he was making a joke cause @NazarethSavage: said that Tim is better than everyone's favorite Robin, and Tim is better than Damian

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mediumguy

@batshrine: I dunno, when Damian was going around taking out robins Nightwing was the only one he didn't beat.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By batshrine

@Mediumguy: lol again, I think it was a joke. But I am just speculating. And better doesn't have to be on who is the best fighter

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Stormbox

@batshrine: Oooh i get it now

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@Stormbox said:

@FatihBATMAN said:

Most people like tim as robin and most people prefer dick as nightwing and jason as red hood

Some people prefer damian

I only know one person who likes stephanie as robin

So no, everyones favorite is not damian

cool thx

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By slade_wilson

I'm pretty certain most people love Tim.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By havoc1201

i have just been seeing a lot online about how he was a sissy and bad robin, so i just wanted to hear some good stuff about tim bc he was my fav robin

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FatihBATMAN
Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never had any particular dislike for him Pre-Final Crisis. Some stories of his I liked, some I didn't like. I enjoyed the character for the most part, and that all came to an end when he became Red Robin and went on his search for Bruce. His mother, his father, his stepmother, Connor, Bart, and then Bruce. I felt at this point Tim was pretty much losing it, and then I didn't really find his stories to be interesting anymore. With the New 52 I feel they've just made him this boring guy who's kind of a dick, and the Mary Sue traits have been ramped up to 11.

However, i've never gotten the sense he was the least popular Robin. Honestly I always thought that was Jason Todd (I mean, he was voted to be killed off after all lol) and now seems to be Damian Wayne. Tim seems to have a rather large and loyal fanbase. Really i'm pretty sure he constantly competes with Dick Grayson for the most popular of the 4, and that his is the most recognized name after Dick's.

Kingsleydale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim has always been my favorite Robin, if not character, though sometimes that shifts to Dick. I was a big fan of him pre-52 and though some of you have said that he is a bit obsessed with Bruce and a bit crazy in the Red Robin series (My personal favorite comic series) i think you need to look at with some sort of perspective.

1. Characters in comics are constantly in flux between life and death. Its not unheard of for a character to come back to life after dying and certainly Tim would have noticed that certain people came back to life.
  2. If Bruce can survive all the sh*t that has already taken place in his life than surely he can pull one over on Darkseid.
  3. Another aspect would be purely hope. Bruce had been a father figure for Tim since he became Robin, though Tim loved Jack Drake, Jack had never really been the best father. I'm not sure anyone could cope with losing two fathers so close after one another.

So yes Tim may be crazy but then it's not really without reason (pre-52).

I am not the biggest fan of the New 52 Tim. I am not really sure how lobdell can pull so much crap out his ass because he is single handily ruining my favorite character. What the hell does that man think he's doing? They already have his watered down female replacement waiting in the wings Batman, who is practically a female version of the original character.

Then Tim is being mind controlled or mind raped by Raven, Joker or was it Harvest? That book is really is confusing as well as dull. Grr... If i got my hands on them... 'I'd tell them i don't like the new 52'

thejman250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it seems as though Tim Drake is the lease liked Robin/ bat member in the DC which is something i cant understand. I grew up with Tim in the Robin suite, and it was nice to see him become Red Robin in order to find Bruce it showed great growth and showed just how he ct traits of Bruce's and Richard bn be as cold as batman. Does anyone else notice this dislike? or any opinions on Tim

- I'm sure that more people dislike the likes of stephanie brown and possible Barbra more than tim.

- In my opinion, Tim has some of the best characteristics of both Bruce and Richard. I can elaborate on this if necessary.

- Even Richard comments that he thought Tim would be a better Batman than him in gates of gotham, and possibly other stories.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all love Tim Drake.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him. Especially in knightfall.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't think people hate him but his New 52 self is lamely done and sucks.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpent222: I agree with pretty much all of what you said. I think for most readers around here Tim Drake was Robin when they started reading comics, so they have an attachment to him, even if his current use and portrayal is weak.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I don't think people hate him but his New 52 self is lamely done and sucks.

I agree

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#71  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Because now he is a useless character, he is not Robin and there is no need for a second rate Nightwing.

I hated Drake since he became red robin his unhealthy obssesion with Bruce made me sick.

BUT that is only me he has lots of fans.

EDIT

And because this is exactly how i feel about Tim i will borrow(and with borrow i mean steal) the words of @SmoothJammin :

I still think Tim was mildly nuts. Deep down he could never expect Batman to go away, Ra's could drop a nuke on Bruce's dome and Tim will simply believe Batman's a ventriloquist and planned the entire event, boomtubed his way out of it or some such nonsense. Dick may be infatuated with Bruce but....Tim is obsessed with him, to the point where he almost sees him as a totem of worship. Big difference. When Superman broke the news to the batfamily Dick handled it in cool, collected fashion. Tim had a friggin meltdown and you instantly saw the difference in demeanor/maturity in those panels.

He probably loves Bruce more than he ever did his own father, the same can't be said for Grayson. I just can't support a character like that

its true that Tim did lose it for a bit but its completely understandable given the staggering amount of loss he suffered in such a short time.

His girlfriend is tortured and apparently killed at the hands of Black Mask

Ted Kord aka Blue Beetle 2 (a friend and Tim's personal hero)

His Dad is killed in his own home and Tim is forced to see the body

Both of his Best Friends die within less than 3 years (comic time)

His Step mom has mental breakdown

Koo-Koo for Cocoa Puffs Jason Todd attacks him for a dumbass reason

He's turned into a Justifier

then Bruce "dies" aTim responsible for Gotham and Wayne Enterprises and he fails

nd then here comes Dick and Damian, taking away the ONE last thing Tim had. the Robin persona.

with all of this crap piled upon him, its no wonder he behaved how he did. and he did get better eventually.

@Shutdown:

but he is a very repressed person.

this is true

@the_tree said:

I hate what they've done with him in The New 52, but I love the pre-Flashpoint version of the character.

this

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@avenging_x_bolt: He also lives in a world where people come back to life left and right. It's not like it's crazy to hold out hope for a resurrection.

edwardx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because now he is a useless character, he is not Robin and there is no need for a second rate Nightwing.

I hated Drake since he became red robin his unhealthy obssesion with Bruce made me sick.

BUT that is only me he has lots of fans.

EDIT

And because this is exactly how i feel about Tim i will borrow(and with borrow i mean steal) the words of @SmoothJammin :

I still think Tim was mildly nuts. Deep down he could never expect Batman to go away, Ra's could drop a nuke on Bruce's dome and Tim will simply believe Batman's a ventriloquist and planned the entire event, boomtubed his way out of it or some such nonsense. Dick may be infatuated with Bruce but....Tim is obsessed with him, to the point where he almost sees him as a totem of worship. Big difference. When Superman broke the news to the batfamily Dick handled it in cool, collected fashion. Tim had a friggin meltdown and you instantly saw the difference in demeanor/maturity in those panels.

He probably loves Bruce more than he ever did his own father, the same can't be said for Grayson. I just can't support a character like that

I totally agree with you 100% (and I mean that literally). He may be a smart and nice kid at heart but he's also weak-willed, easily manipulative, and very very obsessed with Batman (and to a lesser degree, Nightwing). It even goes so far as he constantly likes to point out that he thinks he's the most similar to Batman. As he gets more competent and popular in the hero world, he believes himself to be Batman's favorite. He argues with Damian, a little kid (still a brat) about which one of them would inherit everything then nearly killed him. Yes I know Damian once tired to kill Tim but Tim is supposed to be older, more mature, and was the one more familiar with Batman's code. Damian arrives one day looking for help and Tim tried to kill him. Even when Damian begged Tim to stop. There are just many other moments that just show how unstable Tim was. And in truth I would probably forgive all that and find it a fun read if other fans and characters were aware of how messed up Tim is. They always complain about Jason and Damian when Tim is no better than them. If fans and other characters could for once call Tim on his flaws, I wouldn't dislike his character so much. And his damned ego just bugs the crap out of me. He doesn't have anything to back up his ego. He's no where near as good a leader as Dick. He is just as selfish and insecure as Jason (but at least Jason admits it... and Jason is crazy-awesome).

Then New 52 comes along and makes him act exactly like his jerkass self and this time he hasn't lost all his loved ones so theres no reason for it.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim is my favorite Robin

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deaditegonzo

I like Tim Drake, though they took his "cold" purely "analytical" personality a bit far in the new 52, imo. I like him cracking-wise a little, like he did as I was growing up with the later animated series.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I love pre new 52 Tim Drake

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#79  Edited By Yung ANcient One

The general people prefer Damian as the main Robin. Grayson is the Batman, Robin, and Nightwing. Jason is the Punisher of DC. This leaves Tim to be the least favorite.

He needs a push again, and one that shows how much different he is than the other Robins plus how he is cool in his own way.

(+)

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: well not likely to happen in the new52 Tim is pretty mary sue right now so diffenitly needs a new writer to even have a chance

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Actually when I read Knightfall, I felt Tim Drake was the only one maybe apart good old Alfred that I felt was the only sane and logical person in that story. He constantly told Bruce to stop do what he was doing and keep Jean-Paul Valley under lock and key. I haven't read any other Tim Drake story but seems like a good enough character from that part alone.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: well not likely to happen in the new52 Tim is pretty mary sue right now so diffenitly needs a new writer to even have a chance

I. What is a "mary sue."

II. That is too bad to hear.

(+)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

You must have been looking at more recent opinions considering they just ruined every shred of his personality in the New 52 for zero reason.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@yung_ancient_one: Mary Sue is a term that is usually used for fanfiction writers that sort of places themselves into stories as love interests, family members, or even replacements of the characters. and usually these characters are awsome at everything and have no faults or weakness and if the do they are pretty shallow

but it can also mean generic or bland

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@lordofthenorth: Yeah I been thinking Tim has been bland lately. DC team can't think of anything special for him. I mean without antagonizing the fans.

Damian is the Star Robin and the smart mouth, pompous punk. Grayson is the solidified calm collected pretty boy who is a bit jaded. Todd is the bad boy, the outcast, the outlaw, the rebel, and the black sheep of the Robins.

What can Tim offer? There are already 2 bad attitude having Robins. Loverboy? Grayson is already the ladies man. Leader? Won't make him stand out that much.

The only things I can think of is being the one who is lost unsure of himself, or being the most hard working unless that's currently Graysons trait.

He can maybe be the biggest detective. He can open a Investigation company like Madrox.

What do you think? How can Tim stand out from the other 3 Robins?

(+)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Two Words:

Scott Lobell

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

IDK, but I didnt like him pre or new 52.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Damian is best Robin.

ShadowJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just feel Tim Drake is useless, offers nothing to the Bat-family and is an unlikable tool

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowjax: a tool is right his brain is the only good thing about him

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-reboot Drake is my favorite Robin. The fact that he just up and chose to be Robin, without being raised into it or pushed by tragedy is awesome to me. I think that creates a great dynamic where Bruce realizes he might have the most raw talent out of the family, but is also cautious of somebody who just accepts the Family's life as normal and takes it in stride. Overall, he's calm, cool, professional and unnervingly comfortable in his life.

NightHawk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Robin was the comic that made me a fan of Tim. I've been slowly going back through the Robin series to read his early adventures. This New 52 incarnation is terrible, though.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Part of the reason is that Tim is not really special,which ironically is what made him so unique in the first place.So DC decided to turn him in to a Batman clone,unfortunately for Tim Morrison gave us an actual min Batman clone and he was far more compelling and engaging to read about.

When Damian tries to be a know it all/genius it actually sounds legit,when Tim does it I get the impression they're trying to wank him.Tim Drake has run his course as a character and frankly so has Cassandra Cain,it's better to bench/kill these characters until writers can find a genuinely cool and fresh angle for them.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#94 frozen  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: Cassandra Cain was a PIS fest. There was literally no need for her character.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@frozen said:

@entropy_aegis: Cassandra Cain was a PIS fest. There was literally no need for her character.

I thought she was cool in her early years,certainly till her final fight against Shiva,after she lost all relevance. Seeing all these classic characters desecrated actually makes me appreciate Jean Paul Valley,this guy had a huge arc and he wrapped it up nice and clean.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Tim drake. Not as much as dick but as red robin his costume is the best. And he is the best robin to the batman intelligence wise. I just can't go wrong since he is just a good robin

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim is my favorite Robin and third favorite comic character. A lot of people hate him because he isn't like dick or Jason or Damian but that makes him the most unique robin, and he did have a solo series for almost 20 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Drake was my favorite Robin. But since the new 52 i don't like him. I liked his pre 52 character. BTW My favorite Robin is now Jason Todd.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By JulieDC

Tim Drake is one of my most favorite characters so much so that I don't even read nor acknowledge New 52 and here is why I think people hate him so much:

1. Every character needs a reason or a purpose to exist and once Tim stopped being Robin, he lost his purpose. And DC has practically refused to do anything about trying to give him new one. Heck, it seems like DC wants to be entirely rid of the pre-New 52 Bat-family altogether to be honest.

2. For some reason people always misdirect their hatred towards the character instead of the writer. Even once the writer has been replaced, they'll continue to use the worst period in a character's history against the character. Its why you sometimes have to do retcons because its the only way to get people to stop pointing out those terrible parts of a character's history.

3. DC wants to court the dark and edgy crowd that prefer kids like Damian that violent to the point of killing, disrespectful and egotistical over the traditional Robin. Heck, in New 52, Dick's Robin and Tim's Robin have been rewritten to fit more in line with that by making them jerks as well. The dark and edgy fans are incapable of understanding characters that are any shade brighter.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By RustyRoy

I always felt he was one of the most boring Batman character's ever.