• 162 results
#151 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@gettogaara: personaly i am a huge Batman fan and i dont hate Superman and i dont even hate his fans who seem to spend more time complaining about Batman than they do talking about Superman

but for why Batman fans hate Hal in truth we dont hate Hal we hate Geoff Johns and his complete inability to write Batman if your looking for a title the mess kind of started with Geoff Johns' Green Latern: Reborn

#152 Edited by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Hal Jordan but some part of me thinks he's been written to be the bigger man than Batman on Johns behalf. I mean clearly Johns hates Batman for being the bigger icon out of the two and why Hal hasn't been pushed enough (I'm pretty he was unimpressed by Batman being on screen again in 2016.) Clearly Hal is Johns' spirit animal to voice his complain to his employers, otherwise we might have a different Hal Jordan.

But I didn't mind Hal in Justice League: War, he was fun actually.

#153 Posted by Tex_The_Slayer (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Hal doesn't take Bruce's BS.

#154 Posted by Saint_Sophie (1343 posts) - - Show Bio
#155 Posted by ScouterV (1329 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Hal doesn't take Bruce's BS.

Seriously.

I'm more surprised Batman doesn't get punched more often by more people. He can be a bit of a jerk sometimes. Granted, no more than other people, but it's hard to find a personally redeeming trait.

#156 Posted by Cgoodness (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

^

#157 Posted by KDub_inc_ (68 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: the truth makes people want to punth the person speaking it sometimes :/

#158 Posted by SilverPool (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because of that bs punch at the end of Rebirth and how Johns pitted them against each other so much PreN52. Though if you read Green Lantern: No Fear Batman returns the favor...

but Johns still makes Batman look like a complete douchebag doing it. I can't post a scan but Hal comes to Batman looking for help but Batman ( completely unprovoked) just punches Hal and they agree they're even. Then at the end they have a bro moment that is great but makes no sense in the context of their relationship.

#159 Posted by ScouterV (1329 posts) - - Show Bio
#160 Posted by RustyRoy (13523 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because of that bs punch at the end of Rebirth and how Johns pitted them against each other so much PreN52. Though if you read Green Lantern: No Fear Batman returns the favor...

but Johns still makes Batman look like a complete douchebag doing it. I can't post a scan but Hal comes to Batman looking for help but Batman ( completely unprovoked) just punches Hal and they agree they're even. Then at the end they have a bro moment that is great but makes no sense in the context of their relationship.

This. And Hal has been a dbag to Batman in New 52 too.

#161 Posted by Bezza (3828 posts) - - Show Bio

"why to Batman fans hate Hal.." This one doesn't! They're two of my favourite characters of all.....but doesn't this so called antagonism so back to Batman one shotting Guy Gardiner way back when? You can't entirely blame Geoff Johns...

#162 Posted by SilverPool (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@silverpool said:

This. And Hal has been a dbag to Batman in New 52 too.

He has but their anger towards each other seems majorly toned down in the N52. I like that it's not like Rebirth where every GL disrespects Batman just because he uses fear against criminals.

#163 Edited by Jmarshmallow (9798 posts) - - Show Bio

This has probably already been posted on this thread, but just in case:

Jmarshmallow

#164 Edited by galeme (98 posts) - - Show Bio