#1 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (2637 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen some threads asking what kinds of powers Batman should have so I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask. Is it to maintain realism in Batman's side of the DC universe? None of the Robins have powers.

#2 Edited by RustyRoy (14463 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool to see a Robin with powers.

#3 Posted by FearTheLiving (4464 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

I agree, and come to think of it really any side kick that's different than their mentor.

#4 Posted by MaccyD (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the rest of the Justice League count? Ba dum tsssh!

#5 Edited by Vitalius (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on superpowers but more less on line of street levels characters with powers like Connor Hawke.

#6 Edited by RetroChaos (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would his sidekicks have powers if he doesn't? Batman is supposed to a darker, more realistic comic series - obviously some elements are far-fetched, especially with the villains, but Batman himself is supposed to contain a realism that most DC heroes don't have.

#7 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: ha!

What about the Batman Superman book?

#8 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (2637 posts) - - Show Bio

But in that book, he was Superman's sidekick ;)

#9 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4369 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6741 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be cool if Spiderman was Batman's side kick originally...or is that just me

#11 Posted by Farkam (5370 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be cool if Spiderman was Batman's side kick originally...or is that just me

Just you.

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (14463 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as Batman's sidekick but partner, it would'v been cool to see Batman as Spider-Man's mentor.

#13 Edited by AllStarSuperman (23221 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason has all blades if that counts.

#14 Edited by FearTheLiving (4464 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:
@ultrastarkiller said:

Not as Batman's sidekick but partner, it would'v been cool to see Batman as Spider-Man's mentor.

No. Keep Batman away from Spider-man. Not like it'll ever happen, but still..No, no..NO!

#15 Edited by ThanosIsMad (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the vast majority of people on the DC Earth lack superpowers, so it'd make sense that he'd have non-powered people.

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (14463 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:
@ultrastarkiller said:

No. Keep Batman away from Spider-man. Not like it'll ever happen, but still..No, no..NO!

I won't happen so what are you worried about. I think they'd make a great team.

#17 Posted by FearTheLiving (4464 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@feartheliving said:

@rustyroy said:
@ultrastarkiller said:

I won't happen so what are you worried about. I think they'd make a great team.

Hence why I said "Not like it'll ever happen" I just don't like the idea so much that I had to say it :P

#18 Posted by Outside_85 (10608 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will have something to do with Batman's line of thinking:

If metahumans begin to operate openly and frequently in Gotham, they will just attract more metahumans to a city already reeling from all the lunatics it's got. (which was part of his explanation to Superman during NML, why he shouldn't be there... I think).

That said, it would be entirely possible to have a metahuman on the bat-squad and maintain the tone of the books if certain rules are in place and maintained (kinda like how Black Canary rarely uses her sonic scream but relies on her hands and feet). Like Cass Cain's outfit could hide just about any female under it... which is why I used it to hide a certain Teen Titan under it in some of my own writing.

#19 Posted by DarthAznable (8809 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd make Batman potentially look less useful and besides I don't really think they need them. On top of each individual Robin's/ Batgirl's skillset, having additional powers would be unnecessary in my opinion. Cassandra has her body reading which fits in with Bats being a master martial artist and what not. I don't want to see Batman and Human Torch in a Robin outfit. xD

#20 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6741 posts) - - Show Bio

@feartheliving: Dude it would be awesome to see these two as a team. Spiderman would of mastered the Way of the Spider sooner, he'd probably be smarter, and he'd be able to get Batman out of a lot of jams. Whether a sidekick or a partner to Batman this team up would rock.

#21 Edited by comicace3 (7032 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

I agree, and come to think of it really any side kick that's different than their mentor.

this. I mean we almost always see a superhero with a sidekick who is on their level ( power wise) it'd be nice to see something different

#22 Posted by Black_Arrow (4308 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb made Jason Superhuman so he has someone with powers in the family.

#23 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

A robin with superpowers would be cool af. As long as the powers aren't too powerful

#24 Posted by w0nd (4219 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked when superboy and nightwing teamed up

#25 Posted by ZeroPlus (2400 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he doesn't have powers himself...!

#26 Edited by NinjaWarrior268 (2637 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Reactor (2745 posts) - - Show Bio

People have clearly not seen Cassandra Cain in action

#28 Posted by frozenedge (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can't have a sidekick being more powerful than him. It'll bruise his rather sensitive ego

#29 Edited by The Stegman (26567 posts) - - Show Bio

It's simple, they don't choose the bat life, the bat life chose them. And Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian (as well as the Batgirls and whatever Carrie Kelley is) all just happen to be regular kids...who are all naturally gifted at crimefighting, martial arts, aerial acrobacy and witty one liners.

#30 Edited by RustyRoy (14463 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by THORSON (2565 posts) - - Show Bio

then batman would get jelly then use his prep to get a sidekick who doesn't have powers.

#32 Edited by NinjaWarrior268 (2637 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Jayc1324 (14074 posts) - - Show Bio

He just picks up random kids on the street, why should random kids have powers?

#34 Edited by NinjaWarrior268 (2637 posts) - - Show Bio

When I say powers, I don't mean powers that help heroes do what humans can already do, like lifting weights, being smart or running fast. I meant powers that give heroes extra abilities, like telekinesis, telepathy or energy manipulation

#35 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: one of the things that seperates Spidey from other team heroes is that he was the first fully fledged teenage superheroes. He became the seasoned veteran he is purely on his own.

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Azrael count? He was engineered with animal DNA I believe.

#37 Posted by RustyRoy (14463 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: one of the things that deprecates Spidey from other team heroes is that he was the first fully fledged teenage superheroes. He became the seasoned veteran he is purely on his own.

I wasn't talking about him as dependent sidekick but more like a independent partner who could use some tips from a experienced crime fighter. And this is more like what I want to see, its never going to happen anyway.

#38 Posted by RustyRoy (14463 posts) - - Show Bio

When I say powers, I don't mean powers that help heroes do what humans can already do, like lifting weights, being smart or running fast. I meant powers that give heroes extra abilities, like telekinesis, telepathy or energy manipulation

That would be cool.

#39 Posted by Onemoreposter (4105 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjawarrior268: There was an alternative universe back in the old Superboy ongoing where Superboy became a Robin.

#40 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb made Jason Superhuman so he has someone with powers in the family.

LOL...and now apparently Red Hood can go through submarine's...and take on Lobo...lol

#41 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor said:

People have clearly not seen Cassandra Cain in action

This pretty much sums what i was thinking while reading the O.P xD

#42 Posted by Kumquatodor (119 posts) - - Show Bio

It is sometimes hinted that Richard Grayson is superhumanly agile, but...

#43 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

It is sometimes hinted that Richard Grayson is superhumanly agile, but...

Yes, he is, and he is also the best acrobat of the DC Universe, and the most agile peak-human.