Why did people dislike The Dark Knight Rises alot?

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

I admitt its not as good as the other Dark Knight film, but I liked it though because of Bane.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By havoc1201

At first i hated that movie but after watching it again i think it was a good ending even though the john blske thing but i relize that was the way for Nolan to introduce a Robin into his universe so i think even tho it was a a ending that i never wanted to see it was a great ending for his story and a lot of people think he never stead true to the comics but he used Year one dead man land and the dark knight returns for his movies so really looking at his trilogy it was such a great look at the dark knights story and a great take on making it into a movie. so if you love the movies dont let people change your view.

dboy4dashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dboy4dashing

@HulkSlayerT1000: I believe thats the thing about Nolan's Batman. The major reason we enjoyed the trilogy is because of the villains. Of course we love Batman... But this Batman had too many flaws...

But higly entertaining movies. The Dark Knight is a classic!

HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

@dboy4dashing: very true.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By batshrine

I loved it, but to be hoenst I was not on the edge of my seat at all during the movie, I was during Dark Knight...

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skewer

I think it has to do with high expectations and a few things that happens in the movie that bothers people like how Bruce Wayne recovers is just ridiculous. I enjoyed it but a lot of people were just disappointed nothing more.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Joelislegend

It was okay not as good as reading the comics. The batsuit always looks so cheesy in movies.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheDude123

I disliked it because Bruce should have trained with a master to better his fighting after Bane broke him and he should have used gadgets to defeat Bane instead of trying the same lame hand-to-hand moves he tried on him in their first fight.

Also most, if not all, of this:

Happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Happenstance

I didnt hate it but I did think it was the worst of the trilogy. Bane for me wasnt brilliant and I think the pacing was off.

Im hoping for the reboot hey take a step back from the hyper realism we got in this trilogy. I would love to see a Batman with a bit more of the skill that we see in the comics or animated series/movies. Nolan's Batman to me never felt graceful and while he was stealthy it was never really shown all that well. One thing I did hate in all 3 movies though was the fighting, they just all felt like slow fist fights.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

they don't, only comic fans who over think it do

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABSURDLY HIGH EXPECTATIONS!!!

Amazingly, they buy all the hype behind Avengers.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i don't know anyone who didn't like it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

@DeathpooltheT1000: The Avengers delivered on everything it promised, every one I've seen complaining about it seem to have expected an oscar worthy film but any rational person knew from the outset that it was going to be a pure popcorn movie and it did that very well.

As for TDKR I didn't hate it, it was a great movie I just felt it had potential to be greater and the Robin thing at the end was completely unnecessary.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Bruce should have trained with a master to better his fighting after Bane broke him and he should have used gadgets to defeat Bane instead of trying the same lame hand-to-hand moves he tried on him in their first fight. 

To be fair, time wasn't on his side in this case. Wholeheartedly agreed with the latter, though.
Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Target_X

@HulkSlayerT1000:

I didn't hate it, but I do have reasons for why it's not my most favorite movie. The big three are:

Plot Holes - The most glaring one, of course, is the desert scene. TDK had one like that too, when Joker was in the penthouse and Batman doesn't try to go back to get him, but the desert one was just really, really, bad.

Left Field Romance - The crazy, out of nowhere, sex scene with Marion Cotillard. They had been grooming Bruce/Batman from the beginning to be with Selina, it was obvious. This was just out of nowhere and really didn't do anything for me or the movie.

Bane is Just a Pawn - All that buildup and work and it turns out it wasn't even Bane's master plot, but Talia's! They even kind of shove it in at the last five seconds. I dunno, that just really irked me.

There are more things, like John Blake's reason for knowing Bruce was Batman, but those are the three that get under my skin the most. It's still a good movie to me, for what it's worth, but it just wasn't a fitting end to the trilogy in my opinion. Maybe it was just my own absurdly high expectations for the movie, but can you really blame the fans for having those expectations when Nolan set the bar so high himself?

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By iaconpoint

Bruce had to ramp up TWICE to Batman who was onscreen for all of 20 minutes of a 3 hour movie. Oh and then plot holes on plot holes on plot holes. Seems like Nolan tried too hard to make a psychological movie and bombed.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#17  Edited By Black_Claw

I didn't think it was as good as TDK but hey, it's still a good ending to the trilogy in my eyes. As for why other people didn't like it, all i have to say is different stroke for different blokes.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 80sBaby

I can't speak for "everyone" but I was very dissapointed. Too many plot holes, poor pacing, mischaracterization and Blake being a total Gary Stu are what brought it down, imo.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FatihBATMAN

We can type what we hated or disliked, but we cant argue that, that movie made more than one billion.... But it was my least fav of the three, bat begins is my number one pick.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EdBlank

For me Batman's fighting style was just way too pedestrian. From the source material Bats is like a double ninja. He vanishes and reappears seemingly from thin air and he swings and flips around enough to make Spiderman envy. In the movie - most noticibly against Bane in the first fight that everyone creams over - he was just kind of standing there brawling. The suit looks stiff like a suit of armor. I just didn't get that exhilarated feeling I usually get when they nail the comic character on screen (Hulk, Iron Man, and even Captain America seemed like they leapt off the page into the movie). I shouldn't have to look at it a certain way or realize what Nolan is 'going for'. It should all be right up there on screen.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By selinaky

It was hyped up so much and TDK was so good, it was hard not to feel a little dissapointed with TDKR. I liked the film, but my main problem was that there wasn't enough Batman!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TDK_1997

There were only a few that didn't like the movie and I know one of them.He said that the acting of Christian Bale was really bad,his Batman voice also.There were a lot of simple little mistakes,he didn't like the end and stuff like that.

HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

@Target_X said:

@HulkSlayerT1000:

I didn't hate it, but I do have reasons for why it's not my most favorite movie. The big three are:

Plot Holes - The most glaring one, of course, is the desert scene. TDK had one like that too, when Joker was in the penthouse and Batman doesn't try to go back to get him, but the desert one was just really, really, bad.

Left Field Romance - The crazy, out of nowhere, sex scene with Marion Cotillard. They had been grooming Bruce/Batman from the beginning to be with Selina, it was obvious. This was just out of nowhere and really didn't do anything for me or the movie.

Bane is Just a Pawn - All that buildup and work and it turns out it wasn't even Bane's master plot, but Talia's! They even kind of shove it in at the last five seconds. I dunno, that just really irked me.

There are more things, like John Blake's reason for knowing Bruce was Batman, but those are the three that get under my skin the most. It's still a good movie to me, for what it's worth, but it just wasn't a fitting end to the trilogy in my opinion. Maybe it was just my own absurdly high expectations for the movie, but can you really blame the fans for having those expectations when Nolan set the bar so high himself?

I agree with everything you said except Bane was way badder ass and I was kinda glade he revealed Batmans Identity. lol It was just weird how Bruce Wayne kep him being the real Batman secret, but at the same time it was understandable. Probably so no one would question the crap out of him and have several microphones in his face at once.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Hazlenaut

The way the movie went as the third batman movie it felt off. Batman had his training ready in the first movie. He had experience fighting suppervillains was now chase by police in the second. We expect to him to be fully prepared in the third movie but he was crippled he was out of shape and lost his will to fight. This should be when batman goes overkill where he let needs to lighten up.

It does not help that everyone is useless except the main characters I thought we were over this by now.

The Dark Knight Rises was good movie but it felt like bad continuation. After some time pass you will start see the flaws and the good parts that go along with it. Just like all the other Batman movies.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
I loved it. 
Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mediumguy

@TheSwordsman said:

I disliked it because Bruce should have trained with a master to better his fighting after Bane broke him and he should have used gadgets to defeat Bane instead of trying the same lame hand-to-hand moves he tried on him in their first fight.

Most of these are explainable*, except the back thing and the tunnel.

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sammystorm75

It was good but it was not as exiting and thrilling as the dark knight i mean ok i was surprised to see bane but i wish they put in another classic batman villan i mean the dark knight had two face in it too now thats exiting so it was trying to be exiting but i really did not exite use as they expected maybe if they put in clay face or the riddler that would of been cool.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

@Target_X said:

@HulkSlayerT1000:

this pretty much summed it up.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheDude123

@Mediumguy said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Wrong. Most are not explainable except by poor writing, directing, and being delusional:

zero security at the Wayne mansion,

The misspelling of heist as hiest in the newspaper,

him not using Batman voice in hospital even though he is wearing a ski mask to hide his identity,

cops should be able to trace a cellphone without a call being made,

Batman getting pick-pocketed,

Alfred suddenly knowing everything about bane,

Daytime when they go in the tunnel/night time when they come out seconds later,

several guys falling down for no reason

using batman voice to talk to himself (yet doesn.t use it in ski mask as noted above)

Illegal stock trades made during and armed takeover are allowed to stand

Bane hits air and batman goes down, lots of times

Bane knows exactly where the r&D lab is even though it is off the books

every available cop sent down to the sewers at once

doctor turns reactor to nuke in 2 minutes flat

U.S government does nothing to help gotham

Why is bane feeding and keeping the trap police alive?

You fix a broken back with a knee to the spine?

Bruce gets crucial plot details from his won hallucinatio of ras al ghul

Bruce destroys his only way of knowing whats going on in gotham

He says count to five and throw the grenade but the grenade blows up in 3 seconds

Cops with batons rush guys with machine guns and tanks and most don't die

no radiation fallout from the nuclear blast and no procedures for escaping said radiation

No one noticed the most famous recent dead person (bruce wayne) sitting at a cafe in broad daylight

The cars in the tunnel could have been easily climbed over.

Why didn't they blow up a major bridge?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By wessaari

Nolan wanted to create a realistci Batman, and he succeeded. He took many elements from the comics and incorporated in his films very well. TDKR had flaws, but TDK had flaws too, as well as BB. Maggie Ghyllenhal was atrocious in TDK but TDKR had a larger cast that could act well. TDK also had Ledger's memorable acting as the Joker, and with such a great performance it is hard to see the flaws it has. TDKR many things were rushed, but it never felt overly long. it was a 2 hour and 45 minute movie, but i never knew how or when it was going to end. It is in that suspense, that TDKR becomes a really good film. YOu never knew how it was going to end, (unlike Avengers though having great graphics, and great directional authority from Whedon, had the plot explained to you in the first trailer). Would i had preferred John Blake, be Dick Grayson or Tim Drake, ya but John Blake was a man who was made up of several of the Robins qualities. Dick was a cop, Tim decifered Batman's ID like nothing, and Jason was rash and a bit untempered, while all had parents that were dead. There were lines that made me cringe, certain things that were rushed, but the message of the film was undeniable. Batman had become a symbol, a symbol for Gotham, and anyone could become him if they had what it took. Bruce began that legacy, with John taking up the reigns, and Nolan gave Bruce a happy ending (which no Batman writer or director has done). I left that theatre satisfied beyond all belief, and accepted that film as a worthy and epic tale. Individually, all the films are different with themes, characters, and plot points, but together they are a monumental achievement for Batman.

well thats my two cents :P

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Meh. Just didn't like it.

HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

I liked the Dark Knight Rises, but of course it wasnt as good as the other Dark Knight.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gettogaara

I'm pretty sure most people liked it actually, although they most seem to say it wasn't as amazing as TDK which I agree with. There's many things I believe could have been done better and most of the complaints I had are here. A lot of my problems came from Bane to be honest. His voice was driving me nuts, that mask looks weird and he's dressed sort of like an average thug but those are all small ones. My big one with him was how at the end he's suddenly just Talia's protector. Idk, maybe Ledger's Joker just left our expectations too high for the next villain.

Overall though it was still a fun movie that I'll be adding to my blu ray collection soon enough.

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mediumguy

@TheSwordsman said:

@Mediumguy said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Wrong. Most are not explainable except by poor writing, directing, and being delusional:

zero security at the Wayne mansion,

The misspelling of heist as hiest in the newspaper,

him not using Batman voice in hospital even though he is wearing a ski mask to hide his identity,

cops should be able to trace a cellphone without a call being made,

Batman getting pick-pocketed,

Alfred suddenly knowing everything about bane,

Daytime when they go in the tunnel/night time when they come out seconds later,

several guys falling down for no reason

using batman voice to talk to himself (yet doesn.t use it in ski mask as noted above)

Illegal stock trades made during and armed takeover are allowed to stand

Bane hits air and batman goes down, lots of times

Bane knows exactly where the r&D lab is even though it is off the books

doctor turns reactor to nuke in 2 minutes flat

U.S government does nothing to help gotham

Why is bane feeding and keeping the trap police alive?

You fix a broken back with a knee to the spine?

Bruce gets crucial plot details from his won hallucinatio of ras al ghul

Bruce destroys his only way of knowing whats going on in gotham

He says count to five and throw the grenade but the grenade blows up in 3 seconds

Cops with batons rush guys with machine guns and tanks and most don't die

no radiation fallout from the nuclear blast and no procedures for escaping said radiation

No one noticed the most famous recent dead person (bruce wayne) sitting at a cafe in broad daylight

The cars in the tunnel could have been easily climbed over.

Why didn't they blow up a major bridge?

rdsman (1,702 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Mediumguy said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Here we your gripes and my explanations... this is fun.

zero security at the Wayne mansion: It was a closed wing of the mansion.

The misspelling of heist as hiest in the newspaper: Typos do get through sometimes

him not using Batman voice in hospital even though he is wearing a ski mask to hide his identity: Would you use your Aggressive crime fighting voice when a close ally is laying there wounded.

cops should be able to trace a cellphone without a call being made: I have no idea if this is true so I'll give you that.

Batman getting pick-pocketed: Selina Kyle is a master thief.

Alfred suddenly knowing everything about bane: Alfred is ex-government and Bruce Wayne has many ways to gather info especially with his resources

Daytime when they go in the tunnel/night time when they come out seconds later. : True

several guys falling down for no reason: Exhaustion lol I don't know

using batman voice to talk to himself (yet doesn.t use it in ski mask as noted above): Being Batman is a mindset, in the comics he does the same thing

Illegal stock trades made during and armed takeover are allowed to stand: Lucius explained that in the long run they can get them reversed but for THE TIME BEING he was broke

Bane hits air and batman goes down, lots of times: Bane can clearly knock people down by imaginary force.

Bane knows exactly where the r&D lab is even though it is off the books: I've been thinking about this and if Norman Reese can discover the Tumbler files it's only a bit of hard work/checking construction to discover something big enough to hold these items.

doctor turns reactor to nuke in 2 minutes flat: We don't know how long they were there.

U.S government does nothing to help gotham: They can't help Gotham or Bane would detonate the bomb...did you even watch the movie?

Why is bane feeding and keeping the trap police alive? You missed the whole hope monologue?

You fix a broken back with a knee to the spine? He was there for 5 months but yea it still is a spinal injury

Bruce gets crucial plot details from his won hallucinatio of ras al ghul: That was his mind working things out.

Bruce destroys his only way of knowing whats going on in gotham: I dunno I have a reason for this but it's debatable

He says count to five and throw the grenade but the grenade blows up in 3 seconds:

Cops with batons rush guys with machine guns and tanks and most don't die: Think about it like this they did just unleash prisoners who may or may not know how to handle a gun.

no radiation fallout from the nuclear blast and no procedures for escaping said radiation:...Screw logic

The cars in the tunnel could have been easily climbed over.: Government had the area of Gotham closed off.

Why didn't they blow up a major bridge?: They did, all the over bridges out of Gotham were blown up.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because of the plot holes

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minor plot holes, and banes death. But every movie had plot holes. Most people actullay liked it though. It was critically acclaimed. Only comic fans and nitpickers hate it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people are allergic to awesome movies.

lol this.

I had some problems with the movie but I liked it.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a great movie, was built up incredibly well and was a good conclusion to the best trilogy of all time

People are just way too harsh and overly dramatic when hating this movie (probably butthurt marvel fanboys), most people I know loved it-me included

SoftMachineOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, and the airplane scene was badass.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felt rushed lots of scenes seemed irrelevant and unnecessary.Bane wasnt even huge his arms looked small and even with the rest of his body. So Glad we're passed this whole nolan thing now,time to see Batman really kick ass.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike the entire trilogy. If that guy were anyone but Bane it would have been pretty cool. As a villian he was tight but the movie itself felt rushed and left behind most of what previous installments have. The story really didn't make much sense in the slightest and characterization was gone in the wind.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Felt rushed lots of scenes seemed irrelevant and unnecessary.Bane wasnt even huge his arms looked small and even with the rest of his body. So Glad we're passed this whole nolan thing now,time to see Batman really kick ass.

This is why people hate Rises,it lacks fan service that most comic book fans want in their movies.

I dislike the entire trilogy. If that guy were anyone but Bane it would have been pretty cool. As a villian he was tight but the movie itself felt rushed and left behind most of what previous installments have. The story really didn't make much sense in the slightest and characterization was gone in the wind.

Care to explain?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending was sh*t plot holes show up left and right bane Apparently just wanted love I knew that miranda would turn out to be talia based off the fact they randomly had sex alfred drops the fact that rachel left him a letter 5 years after the fact every cop under the sewers the entire prison and many more

Superman17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't hate it, but I still think the first two are a lot better. I think its a good move but not one of my favorites.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By PunyParker

@rustyroy: Funny thing,i fvcking loved the movie,and cried at the end.

It's one of my favorite superhero movies.

Sue me,right? :P

I think it depends on how much you love the character.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By reactor

Absurdly high expectations exceeded the film's delivery. At the end of the day, it comes down to that.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because tdk was awesome and they want another Joker. RIP Heath, tho.