Why Batman Sucks (Anyone With Differing Opinions is Stoopid)

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If a woman is trying to kill me, I'll defiantly hit her.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Getting back on this, Batman treats all men and women equally and would only going after them if they're either criminals or done something bad. So yeah.

Oh, and by the way. You spelled "Stupid" wrong.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is tHat tHe real picture? MetH Has seen a lot of edited scans. Is tHis tHe real one? Batman slapped Robin because He asked about x-mas? HaHaHaHaha

June'sVeryOwn

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actually batman doesnt suck - hes only human and can beat all the other superheros with real superpowers even though he doesnt have any.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You suck and Jack Sparrow is awesome, lets talks about Jack Sparrow and pirate Awesomeness!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MuyJingo

Men are not meant to hit women because they are weaker and less able to defend themselves (in general).

When women are stronger than you and far more skilled in martial arts, I'm not sure there is an issue.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Can you please start showing some basic consideration for other users, and collapsing your irrelevant images into thumbnails?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Can you please start showing some basic consideration for other users, and collapsing your irrelevant images into thumbnails?

Troll thread!!!!

Is about Trolling!!!!

So Your argument is Invalid!!!

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came here to see the batfans rage LOL

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RustyRoy

@modernww2fare said:

I came here to see the troll that bumped it LOL

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@modernww2fare said:

I came here to see the troll that bumped it LOL

-.-

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rogueshadow  Moderator

DIE! DIE! DIE!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god, thank you for this post.

I don't know why I was ever a Batman fan. I'm going to go throw my Death of the Family hardcover in the trash.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why I was ever a Batman fan. I'm going to go throw my Death of the Family hardcover in the trash.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm but I still feel the need to ask as the possibility it isn't worries me.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this is a thing

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@silverpool said:

I'm assuming this is sarcasm but I still feel the need to ask as the possibility it isn't worries me.

It's sarcasm, Death of the Family is one of my favorite Batman stories and I especially love the Hardcover design.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@silverpool said:

It's sarcasm, Death of the Family is one of my favorite Batman stories and I especially love the Hardcover design.

Ah thank god. I was worried you might be crazy. Throwing away something that expensive! :)

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Lock this now!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

LMFAO

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is so stupid, "hits woman" well not $hit man, poison ivy, cat woman, c'mon duded, is just a comic.

TwoGunGunnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TwoGunGunnar

@lyrafay said:

Lock this now!

Why?

I've never understood that. You know what the thread is before you even click on it. If you don't like the topic, don't click on it. Don't read it. And especially....don't post on it!

Some of us enjoy this topic though. So we're going to talk about it. Whether you like it or not. So nyah.

Batman is cool when they bring him back to his roots. I loved Nolan's take on the character - a driven guy with resources who's a badass, but not The Best At Everything In The World Who Can Beat Anyone Because He's The Best At Everything. He's more like James Bond with a cape. And sometimes the comics present him that way too, BUT....

When Batman is functioning in the DCU with superheroes, I'm fully on board with the OP. When Batman's in a story involving any other superhero, he totally sucks. Hard. Here's why...

1. He doesn't belong in the main DCU, and cramming him in there makes him hateful. Originally Batman was another masked pulp-hero like the Spirit, the Phantom, or Zorro. The character was designed to be street-level. He was never meant to operate in a universe with Kryptonians and Amazons. Batman was intended to fight crime, not super-powered crime.

But eventually DC had to put him in with the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash. But Batman's a regular human. He's rich, but ultimately he's a regular human armed with boomerangs and rope.

In order to make him able to hang with Superman and the Flash, he became a most obnoxious Mary Sue-type character. He's smarter than anyone, the best fighter ever, speaks every language known to man, can hack into any computer system, plays guitar better than Jimi Hendrix, and can dance better than Barishnakov.

The only way he could be any more obnoxious is if he was The Sentry.

2. He's the most unbelievable and unrealistic character ever. Here's why: So Superman can do the impossible. He can fly, see through walls, and can toss planets around. But there's an explanation. Superman's from Krypton. It's not much of an explanation, but at least its an explanation. All other characters have some kind of explanation, even if its dumb. The Hulk got hit with a Gamma Bomb, Spider-Man was bitten by a radioactive spider, etc. etc.

But not Batman. There's no explanation why Batman is the The Best At Everything Of All Time Ever Ever Ever. He's a Master of 127 martial arts? A Master? And he's Mastered criminal psychology, chemistry, history, law, escape, bullet-dodging, sleight-of-hand, military tactics, disguise, forensics, finance and business, lock picking, stealth, piloting & driving, espionage, mechanical engineering, projectile throwing, computer science, at least 24 languages, and all the other stuff I forgot about.

It takes 10,000 hours of study and practice to master one skill. That's practicing 8 hours a day, every day for 3 years and 4 months. "But Batman's really smart and has a photographic memory!" Ok, fine. But he's not superhuman. It's impossible for a human to master that many things. Impossible. Even for a genius with photographic memory. At least give us an explanation.

3. He has nothing to do with bats. He has no bat powers. Batman's schtick is gadgetry + "World's Greatest Detective". He should be called "Inspector Gadget". Why is he called Batman? He can't fly, he can't echolocate, he doesn't suck blood...there's nothing about what he does that's bat-like. He has a cave I guess, but so what? Lots of things live in caves. Bears live in caves, and they're way scarier than bats. Why isn't he Bear-Man? Makes as much sense.

4. He shacks up with adolescent boys and denies them pants.

5. Prep-time.

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

Lock this now!

Why?

I've never understood that. You know what the thread is before you even click on it. If you don't like the topic, don't click on it. Don't read it. And especially....don't post on it!

Some of us enjoy this topic though. So we're going to talk about it. Whether you like it or not. So nyah.

Batman is cool when they bring him back to his roots. I loved Nolan's take on the character - a driven guy with resources who's a badass, but not The Best At Everything In The World Who Can Beat Anyone Because He's The Best At Everything. He's more like James Bond with a cape. And sometimes the comics present him that way too, BUT....

When Batman is functioning in the DCU with superheroes, I'm fully on board with the OP. When Batman's in a story involving any other superhero, he totally sucks. Hard. Here's why...

1. He doesn't belong in the main DCU, and cramming him in there makes him hateful. Originally Batman was another masked pulp-hero like the Spirit, the Phantom, or Zorro. The character was designed to be street-level. He was never meant to operate in a universe with Kryptonians and Amazons. Batman was intended to fight crime, not super-powered crime.

But eventually DC had to put him in with the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash. But Batman's a regular human. He's rich, but ultimately he's a regular human armed with boomerangs and rope.

In order to make him able to hang with Superman and the Flash, he became a most obnoxious Mary Sue-type character. He's smarter than anyone, the best fighter ever, speaks every language known to man, can hack into any computer system, plays guitar better than Jimi Hendrix, and can dance better than Barishnakov.

The only way he could be any more obnoxious is if he was The Sentry.

2. He's the most unbelievable and unrealistic character ever. Here's why: So Superman can do the impossible. He can fly, see through walls, and can toss planets around. But there's an explanation. Superman's from Krypton. It's not much of an explanation, but at least its an explanation. All other characters have some kind of explanation, even if its dumb. The Hulk got hit with a Gamma Bomb, Spider-Man was bitten by a radioactive spider, etc. etc.

But not Batman. There's no explanation why Batman is the The Best At Everything Of All Time Ever Ever Ever. He's a Master of 127 martial arts? A Master? And he's Mastered criminal psychology, chemistry, history, law, escape, bullet-dodging, sleight-of-hand, military tactics, disguise, forensics, finance and business, lock picking, stealth, piloting & driving, espionage, mechanical engineering, projectile throwing, computer science, at least 24 languages, and all the other stuff I forgot about.

It takes 10,000 hours of study and practice to master one skill. That's practicing 8 hours a day, every day for 3 years and 4 months. "But Batman's really smart and has a photographic memory!" Ok, fine. But he's not superhuman. It's impossible for a human to master that many things. Impossible. Even for a genius with photographic memory. At least give us an explanation.

3. He has nothing to do with bats. He has no bat powers. Batman's schtick is gadgetry + "World's Greatest Detective". He should be called "Inspector Gadget". Why is he called Batman? He can't fly, he can't echolocate, he doesn't suck blood...there's nothing about what he does that's bat-like. He has a cave I guess, but so what? Lots of things live in caves. Bears live in caves, and they're way scarier than bats. Why isn't he Bear-Man? Makes as much sense.

4. He shacks up with adolescent boys and denies them pants.

5. Prep-time.

i laughed at 4, but i agree with the rest

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs to spend less time with Superman.

No Caption Provided

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conradoaccorsi: i try not to be a hater, but dont get me wrong post crisis batman was down right annoying by the end of his run. like, pre crisis annoying.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalone: just so you know. batman DOES suck. blood. he's a bat. and you spelt "stupid" "stoopid" so maybe you shouldn't call people names if you don't even know how to spell your own insult

Avatar image for noahmaximillion
NoahMaximillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

#79  Edited By NoahMaximillion

I'm apparently stupid for thinking that Batman doesn't suck, at least I can spell stupid, though.

AminoAcidMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AminoAcidMan

Finally a thread that makes all sense. LOL

He's the goddamn Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@muyjingo said:

Men are not meant to hit women because they are weaker and less able to defend themselves (in general).

When women are stronger than you and far more skilled in martial arts, I'm not sure there is an issue.

...O.O...

*Cracks knuckles*

Oh really?!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: wha you angry about?

As a female hearing people say we are weaker than men is an outright lie!

WE HAVE BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"i like where this thread is going"

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: men can run faster lift more and have greater endurance iam sorry but physically woman are weaker when compared to men its just biology now this dosnt mean women are weak but they are weaker than men

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah really. This should be locked or goes to general discussion and plus any user can call out other stupid or fanboy no matter theri opinion. Have you read the rules ofthe site?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah really. This should be locked or goes to general discussion and plus any user can call out other stupid or fanboy no matter theri opinion. Have you read the rules ofthe site?

Yeah and it is a dupe thread anyway.