#1 Edited by R0UG (8 posts) - - Show Bio

So first of all Hi all ^_^ for over a year I was browsing this site reading all the interesting topics and fights between u guys, being lazy to join u. I wanted to find out what u guys would think about the title question but couldnt find any topic like that so I signed up and created my own .
So... Which Power Ring Would Suit The Bat Most?
1) Willpower/green - The guy has iron will, he refuses to go against his principles which involvs not killing people, even when he is pushed PAST the edges
2) Fear/yellow - One of the things that makes him so dangerous is theatricity and deception he uses combined with his talking to install fear in thugs. I think that attribute would make him a great yellow lantern.
3) Rage/red - through meditations and years of learning martial arts he has also learned how to control his emotions to fight better, but there are times when joker or some other goons hurt people he cares about and he snaps into anger mode and beats the crap out of thugs before snapping out just before killing them. + rage over loss = his parents loss
4) Compassion/Indigo - Just solely in animated Justice League Unlimited what he did to Ace was heartbreaking to me for those of u who dont know here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWHHsdE_oQg
5) Hope/blue - I cant explain this much, as batman trusts in the ability of doing things himself rather then hoping but hey some of u could argue
6) Love/pink/star sapphires - He has loved, yes indeed, and i believe this is a girls only club but not sure.
7) Avarice(Greed)/orange - nope he doesn't suit here
8) White Lanterns - If Bats suits so well in most of them then why not all of it combined? :D

#2 Posted by War Killer (19484 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd lean more towards Yellow Power Ring being the best choice for Batman, but a Green Power Ring would also be a good fit as well.

#3 Posted by R0UG (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd lean more towards Yellow Power Ring being the best choice for Batman, but a Green Power Ring would also be a good fit as well.

can I add a poll to the post so we could see numbers added to the thoughts?

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Green or yellow

#5 Edited by MetalJimmor (558 posts) - - Show Bio

Yellow most definitely. Many superheroes have tremendous willpower and a strong moral drive. What separates Batman from the rest is that he uses fear as a weapon. He dresses up as his own worst fear, stalks the shadows at night, and maintains that cold, menacing demeanor that unnerves and threatens those who break the law. Batman does everything he can to personify fear, and unlike the Scarecrow he does it without chemicals.

#6 Posted by cbeavers2 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue. Above all else Batman is a symbol of hope. His parents were killed in front of him he forged on through life. He watched the city his family built continue to decay he pushed for economic and civil change. He became a symbol of fear but why not because he wanted to be someone who controlled good people through fear but rather to give people hope in the dark. Let's also not forget that though he is skeptic on the matter he never kills because he believes that everyone including himself can eventually change.

#7 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

its hard to pick you can make a case for all of them except greed of course it would be cool to see an elseworlds story where after the death of his parents he was choosen to be a lantern of some kind

#8 Posted by LyraFay (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue and Yellow. Hope and Fear, that solely what he represents. I would argue that would fulfill most of his rogues too maybe apart from Joker. They create fear but they are still hopeful beings that they will pull through.

#9 Posted by reaverlation (7213 posts) - - Show Bio

Green or Yellow most likely IMO

#10 Posted by GustavoBurciaga1 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Yellow, he strikes fear into the criminals. Red and green will also do because he does have quite the amount of rage and will power. Maybe blue too since he is a symbol of hope as well.

#11 Posted by kgb725 (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

Yellow he himsekf says he wants to strike fear into criminals. Blue fits someone like superman or captain America. Red would be useful but he wouldnt want it. Green would be great but hes not ready for it

#12 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Green seems to be the best option.

Yellow most definitely. Many superheroes have tremendous willpower and a strong moral drive. What separates Batman from the rest is that he uses fear as a weapon. He dresses up as his own worst fear, stalks the shadows at night, and maintains that cold, menacing demeanor that unnerves and threatens those who break the law. Batman does everything he can to personify fear, and unlike the Scarecrow he does it without chemicals.

No he doesn't.

@lordofthenorth: Batman: In Darkest Knight is what you're looking for.

#13 Posted by MetalJimmor (558 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel:

Erm. Yes he does. Or at least he dresses up as his childhood fear. Bruce was scared of bats. That's why he chose a bat theme.

#14 Edited by attatje (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Yellow suits him best because of him wanting to be feared by the bad people

#15 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: A bat breaking in through his window was the reason for the bat theme.

#16 Posted by Justthatkid (1441 posts) - - Show Bio

Yellow or Green could work. He has a lot of will power, and he obviously uses fear.

#17 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

This, he could work with both just as good.

#18 Posted by MetalJimmor (558 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel:

And the bat scared him when it broke into his room. Batman uses the thing that scared him as a symbol to scare criminals with.

#19 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

Yellow. He even had one for like 2 pages in an issue of Geoff Johns GL.

#20 Posted by ZeroPlus (1127 posts) - - Show Bio

Green, Yellow or Blue...

#21 Posted by LordMaverick (5192 posts) - - Show Bio

Yellow or blue definatly

#22 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd get the best use out of the yellow ring.