Which Power Ring Would Suit The Bat Most

R0UG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By R0UG

So first of all Hi all ^_^ for over a year I was browsing this site reading all the interesting topics and fights between u guys, being lazy to join u. I wanted to find out what u guys would think about the title question but couldnt find any topic like that so I signed up and created my own .
So... Which Power Ring Would Suit The Bat Most?
1) Willpower/green - The guy has iron will, he refuses to go against his principles which involvs not killing people, even when he is pushed PAST the edges
2) Fear/yellow - One of the things that makes him so dangerous is theatricity and deception he uses combined with his talking to install fear in thugs. I think that attribute would make him a great yellow lantern.
3) Rage/red - through meditations and years of learning martial arts he has also learned how to control his emotions to fight better, but there are times when joker or some other goons hurt people he cares about and he snaps into anger mode and beats the crap out of thugs before snapping out just before killing them. + rage over loss = his parents loss
4) Compassion/Indigo - Just solely in animated Justice League Unlimited what he did to Ace was heartbreaking to me for those of u who dont know here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWHHsdE_oQg
5) Hope/blue - I cant explain this much, as batman trusts in the ability of doing things himself rather then hoping but hey some of u could argue
6) Love/pink/star sapphires - He has loved, yes indeed, and i believe this is a girls only club but not sure.
7) Avarice(Greed)/orange - nope he doesn't suit here
8) White Lanterns - If Bats suits so well in most of them then why not all of it combined? :D

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'd lean more towards Yellow Power Ring being the best choice for Batman, but a Green Power Ring would also be a good fit as well.

R0UG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd lean more towards Yellow Power Ring being the best choice for Batman, but a Green Power Ring would also be a good fit as well.

can I add a poll to the post so we could see numbers added to the thoughts?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Green or yellow

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MetalJimmor

Yellow most definitely. Many superheroes have tremendous willpower and a strong moral drive. What separates Batman from the rest is that he uses fear as a weapon. He dresses up as his own worst fear, stalks the shadows at night, and maintains that cold, menacing demeanor that unnerves and threatens those who break the law. Batman does everything he can to personify fear, and unlike the Scarecrow he does it without chemicals.

cbeavers2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue. Above all else Batman is a symbol of hope. His parents were killed in front of him he forged on through life. He watched the city his family built continue to decay he pushed for economic and civil change. He became a symbol of fear but why not because he wanted to be someone who controlled good people through fear but rather to give people hope in the dark. Let's also not forget that though he is skeptic on the matter he never kills because he believes that everyone including himself can eventually change.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its hard to pick you can make a case for all of them except greed of course it would be cool to see an elseworlds story where after the death of his parents he was choosen to be a lantern of some kind

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Blue and Yellow. Hope and Fear, that solely what he represents. I would argue that would fulfill most of his rogues too maybe apart from Joker. They create fear but they are still hopeful beings that they will pull through.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green or Yellow most likely IMO

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Yellow, he strikes fear into the criminals. Red and green will also do because he does have quite the amount of rage and will power. Maybe blue too since he is a symbol of hope as well.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yellow he himsekf says he wants to strike fear into criminals. Blue fits someone like superman or captain America. Red would be useful but he wouldnt want it. Green would be great but hes not ready for it

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel:

Erm. Yes he does. Or at least he dresses up as his childhood fear. Bruce was scared of bats. That's why he chose a bat theme.

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By attatje

Yellow suits him best because of him wanting to be feared by the bad people

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This, he could work with both just as good.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel:

And the bat scared him when it broke into his room. Batman uses the thing that scared him as a symbol to scare criminals with.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yellow. He even had one for like 2 pages in an issue of Geoff Johns GL.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Green, Yellow or Blue...

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Yellow or blue definatly

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he'd get the best use out of the yellow ring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yellow

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Lime Green

Sir_Redhood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well in several shows, and a few comics, he was worthy of using Hal Jordan's ring, meaning that he would make a great Green Lantern. In my opinion though, he would make an amazing yellow lantern. Also, if someone close to him died, like Dick Grayson, then a Red Ring would suit him more than anything else.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although it really comes down to green and yellow, I think yellow fits him a bit better. I'd be happy to see him with any ring though, for longer than a couple of pages. It would be interesting to see what he would come up with.

Was cool seeing him use a yellow ring in Forever Evil if only for just a second.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Id go with Green, his willpower has been shown as immense on several occasions.

I feel like fear wouldn't work out that great, while it is part of his identity he is mostly just feared by street thugs, him being feared is rarely brought up against real villains or in justice league circles.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably green due to his strong will..

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Outside_85
No Caption Provided

Now he can be truly invisible :)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RustyRoy

Green. His has better feats of willpower than fear.

jkojkojko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta agree with green for his tremendous amount of willpower. Black if he feels like color coordinating his outfit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro said he would make a very powerful yellow ring in forever evil but I agree with what bruxae said, his willpower is better and more reliable. Batman can't scare everyone. He's respected and you always have to be prepared for him but some people simply aren't scared of him

nickyhansard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nickyhansard

Sorry for being late to the conversation but I'll add my opinion anyway.

He is obviously very imaginative/intelligent - look what he accomplishes with his skill and tech against God like beings without a single super power (all rings).

I think it's pretty well established that Batman has one of the greatest - if not the greatest - will power (green ring).

His Bruce Wayne persona is all about hope, he pretends to be a playboy but is constantly donating money to charities and good causes because he believes that the people of Gotham need that hope/ray of light in their lives. He believes the hope that Bruce Wayne provides is an incredible force and can accomplish things even Batman cannot (blue ring).

His Batman persona is all about fear. He wants criminals to fear him, he wants to be their boogie man. He might not strike fear into the hearts of every villain but I bet he could if he had a lantern ring (orange ring).

I think honestly that green, orange and blue would all serve him well. All things being equal, the green ring would probably make him the most powerful (his will power is probably his most significant character trait) but not neccesarily the best choice. If he had all three rings I would rate him as one of the most powerful forces for good in the DC universe - I can't imagine even Superman being his equal.

His imagination/intelligence would allow him to conjure up unexpected and creative constructs - well beyond what most ring holders could even begin to comprehend, his will power would provide him with obscene amounts of power via the green ring, the orange ring would allow him to use the villains fear against them and finally the blue ring would make him a symbol of hope and redemption to all the people who are down and out.

I think those three rings in (or on) the hands of Batman could accomplish far more than the sum of the seperate rings would indicate. Not only would they combine their power, they would work together and 'feed' each other, they are the perfect combination of powers for Batman e.g. 1+1+1 equals 20 in this case.

Avatar image for perchance2dream
Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nickyhansard: you mean yellow, right? Orange is greed. Yellow is fear.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batring

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers