#1 Posted by Bezza (3869 posts) - - Show Bio

I was watching DKR the other night and thought the way he tackled Bane was rather lame, failing to fully use his martial arts skills and trying to out brawl a brawler. Having said this he despatched most of the other "baddies" impressively. But for me one of my favourite fights was in the 1989 Michael Keaton movie where Batman one shotted that Bruce lee rip off who was wielding swords.......some good scraps in that film I thought. It got lamer however, by Batman and Robin!!

#2 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I prefer the fight scenes in Batman (1989), although I do like The Dark Knight fight scenes, although I keep questioning why he bothered to use the sonar vision to fight Joker at the end, kept getting him hit, if he had used his martial arts skills against him he wouldn't have been pinned down, but that's kind of irrelevant ye Michael Keatons Batman for me.

#3 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

In the films he's never really been the "ninja detective" from the comics. More "commando gadgeteer". The pre-Batsuit fight scenes in Batman Begins are the closest we get. They need to design a Batsuit that provides more mobility.

#4 Posted by lilben42 (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: I would say a ninja gadget person..

#5 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6520 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale is the best fighter of all the Batmen out there.

#6 Posted by sinestro_GL (3323 posts) - - Show Bio

MOTP

#7 Edited by Jayc1324 (13561 posts) - - Show Bio

Is MoTP counts then that batman obviously. Otherwise I will bale because he actually looked like he knew martial arts although some of the scenes were poorly shot from a bad or too zoomed in angle

#8 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam West, you can't tell me his fight scenes are not the best. Bam!

#9 Posted by Oscuro (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale's Batman always made me feel like he knew martial arts, but the fight scenes always came down to him bopping people upside the head or doing an armlock for the most part. They always looked the same to be. HELL NO to Clooney. Ditto for Val Kilmer. Keaton's was probably the best, but it wasn't like he was doin a ton of stuff either. He did have the more memorable moments in his fights though.

#10 Posted by consolemaster001 (6131 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale's batman is the best fighter

#11 Posted by Black_Arrow (3997 posts) - - Show Bio

bale batman at least knows 3 fighting styles, he is more skilled than the rest.

#12 Posted by Black_Arrow (3997 posts) - - Show Bio

bale batman at least knows 3 fighting styles, he is more skilled than the rest.

#13 Posted by russellmania77 (15853 posts) - - Show Bio

Tkr duh, who cares what people say about the lame Burton films, bane was badasx

#14 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3194 posts) - - Show Bio
@whodid said:

Personally I prefer the fight scenes in Batman (1989), although I do like The Dark Knight fight scenes, although I keep questioning why he bothered to use the sonar vision to fight Joker at the end, kept getting him hit, if he had used his martial arts skills against him he wouldn't have been pinned down, but that's kind of irrelevant ye Michael Keatons Batman for me.

I always questioned that too, but I guess It's kinda like why people use detective vision while fighting in the Arkham Games, just cause.

But I do think Bale Batman was the best fighter out of all of them. I liked all the fight scenes in the Dark Knight.

#15 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam West; his punches are so powerful it causes sound effects the explode across the area.

But seriously, it's hard to say. Bale was really good in Batman Begins, however his fighting ability suffered in The Dark Knight, and then it went to pitiable standard in The Dark Knight Rises.

I'm a little hazy on the fighting sequences of the George Clooney films and the Micheal Keaton ones.

Does Batman: The Animated Series Batman count? Because I believe that Batman's the best when it comes to fighting.

#16 Posted by DwightSpitz (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Batman: The Animated Series Batman count? Because I believe that Batman's the best when it comes to fighting.

I put my money on this. I've never really felt any Batman movie really nailed the fighting aspects, they should put a real martial artist in the Batsuit next time, and please no Batarmor, he's not a robot, so he can actually execute the moves he knows.