Which alternative superheroine pairing should Batman be explored with?

• 54 results
Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which alternative superheroine pairing should Batman be explored with? (68 votes)

Black Canary 13%
Zatana Zatara 47%
Wonder Woman 19%
Power Girl 9%
Supergirl 3%
Vixen 9%

Wonder Woman: Made popular from the JLU TV series, this pairing has a Yin-Yang like feel to it, which naturally generating both chemistry and interest in the relationship which has both the equal potential for success as well as disaster.

Black Canary: Though usually considered GA's girl, Black Canary has shown interest in the Dark Knight, which in issues such as All-Star Batman and Robin (shudders) and Pre-Crisis, this attraction has been requitted. Being both street-type characters, this pairing has much potential.

Zatanna Zatara: Having known her since he was a kid, these two have spent much time together considering Bruce has trained under father. These two have enormous chemistry and a potential similar to the pairing of Wonder Woman.

Power Girl or Supergirl: This is just something that would be interesting to see. Imagine Bruce and Kara telling Supes about their relationship.

Bruce: Clark, I have something to tell you.

Clark: Hm?

Bruce: I'm bangin' your cousin.

Vixen: While this may seem like an odd choice considering these two have had only a professional relationship (as far as I know), in the earlier days, these two had an issue together and flirted a bit. It would be interesting, in my opinion, to see what someone could do with these two. Maybe they could have some history, like with Zatanna (they could have met while Bruce was training in Africa). This is my choice for Bats.

So, which one would like to see explored and why?

• 
Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna!

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

black canary.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of the above. Bruce and relationships don't mix.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14: My man! You should vote it. :P Why do you think BC would be a good fit for Bats?

GreeenDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistically Bruce belongs with Catwoman at least in my opinion. But I would love to see his relationship with Zatanna explored more.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zer0-x: they seem like a good fit. Also they would be a better Dynamic Duo because Black Canary can hold her own in a fight very well.

NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna and Bats go way back- pre 52 that is She could love both bruce wayne and the batman aspect. She is also an love interest who isnt a vilian and could assist batman against magical villians. She also deserves a proper love interest rather than the self adoring constantine

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NYBreezy

Zatanna!!!

Written by Paul Dini

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Zatanna mostly because WW is with Supes at the moment.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zer0-X

@nthmetalwarrior: Agreed. Imagine their offspring: Half - Bat genes, half- homo magi = One bamf.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chenkute113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chenkute113
makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Damien Wayne? Won't someone PLEASE think of the children!?

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Power Boobs

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Let hope writers dont decide to pairing any of women on that list with Batman. Also it most likely that Black Canary wont be pair so soon and i am happy with that.

Avatar image for supremegreen_dx
supremegreen_dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm... i get the feeling batman might be more like me in preferring women that couldn't easily kick his ass. Emasculating.. So i'd go with Zatana or black canary

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zer0-X
Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of these, Zatanna. They probably won't let batman have a long relationship for a long while though

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catwoman or Talia. Other than that, I don't see him working out well long-term with anyone.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I gotta disagree. I love Talia and Selina, but I can see a few of these ladies working long term. Especially Zatanna, considering they've known each other for years.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zer0-x: Yeah, the familiarity thing gets brought up a lot with these two. Still, I feel like there's something to be said for striking while the iron is hot, and the Zat/Bat has probably gone ice cold by now. At least as far as long-term relationships go.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Fair point. Maybe it'll get rekindled at some point.

NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly Zatanna hasnt made many appearences with the justice league since trinity war

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

SolidWall211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidWall211

Zatanna. Honestly this pairing has the potential to be the most iconic of dc/marvel parings.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone but Wonder Woman.

Heck i would rather have Batman be gay and dating Superman and totally out of character.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zer0-X
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I don't know... to me, it would be more unnatural for him to be gay and with Superman. If he's going to be out of character and with somebody similiar to Supes anyway, it be should someone like Wonder Woman who also has a warrior like personality which already creates some resonance with Bats. To each their own, I suppose.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from Catwoman and Talia, I would say Zatanna is a relationship worth exploring.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@vitalius: How come? =P

I could totally see a relationship with Zatanna working out with Bruce, the others not so much.

I Could see Black Canary as well but She and Ollie are made for each other.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@zer0-x: I dont think Ollie ever cheated on Black Canary.

There was the instance in Blackest Night while under the influence of Black Lantern Ring he said that he willingly had sex with Shado.

But in acuality he was raped by Shado, that severly affected their marriage.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one, I think that being in a relation ship doesn't fit him.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: What are you talking about? Batman has been in a lot of relationships. Probably more than most characters because he doesn't have a definitive love interest AKA a Lois Lane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@lxlgiftedlxl: After N52, i dont see Black Canary being Green Arrow and specially with Batman, since Batman said to Batgirl in front of all members of BOP, that Black Canary was too dangerous and she shouldnt trust her and dont see her hanging out with him so soon or being that nice to him. As for Zatanna, Bruce was close mind which could annoy Zatanna a lot specially since she deals with supernatural issues while Batman doesnt believe on it since he beleives on sciencitific knownelge.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NYBreezy

@vitalius: Actually Bruce does believe in magic and has tremendous respect of its power. His two best friends in the Justice League happens to be an alien with lots of superpowers and a warrior woman made out of magic lightning (Pre-New 52). He just hates having to deal with magic, like Clark, because he doesn't understand it. He fully believes in scientific evidence because collecting all those evidence in crime scenes and connecting it to the criminal, apprehending the criminal, and giving the closed files to the police so they can send the criminal to jail. He's the World's Greatest Detective for a reason. He can't really do that with supernatural foes. All he can do is beat the living crap out of them.

But yeah, depending on whether Bruce and Zatanna still have the childhood best friends history, she is probably the only one that he can have a healthy relationship with since you know, she's not a criminal. Although the IC really screw Zee in the worst way and editorial intervention prevented Paul Dini from hooking them up, it was nice seeing the potential and moments in the Batman books and Batman/Superman books. We don't really know what type of history they have in New 52 since its never been stated. We do know that Zatanna believes that he is too important to the world to die. You can take that however you want to.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zer0-x said:

@deathpoolthet1000: I don't know... to me, it would be more unnatural for him to be gay and with Superman. If he's going to be out of character and with somebody similiar to Supes anyway, it be should someone like Wonder Woman who also has a warrior like personality which already creates some resonance with Bats. To each their own, I suppose.

You missed the point, that is out of character for him to be with Wonder Woman.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zer0-X

@deathpoolthet1000: No, I see your point. I don't think he would be out of character anyway, considering how it was handled in JLU series. I just meant that if he's going to be out-of-character (Like lovey dovey or something) in some form or another and with somebody who embodies light and hope, then it should at least be a woman like Wonder Woman or Zee. Which in turn, might make him happy, which I don't mind seeing every now and again. It shows that he's human, which is very easy to forget.

But like I said, to each their own opinion.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@vitalius said:

@lxlgiftedlxl: After N52, i dont see Black Canary being Green Arrow and specially with Batman, since Batman said to Batgirl in front of all members of BOP, that Black Canary was too dangerous and she shouldnt trust her and dont see her hanging out with him so soon or being that nice to him. As for Zatanna, Bruce was close mind which could annoy Zatanna a lot specially since she deals with supernatural issues while Batman doesnt believe on it since he beleives on sciencitific knownelge.

In the N52 I can still see Batman and Black Canary dating. I am aware of BOP comic but all Batman said is that she is sloppy and dangerous (possibly talking about her canary cry) he didn't say he didn't trust her. Plus noted by Batgirl Batman was having a rough couple of days dealing witht he Court of Owls. I don't believe they hate each other and under a good writer they could have a good relationship. But like I said ealier I would rather see her with Ollie.

As the Zatanna Relationship I wouldn't say Bruce is close minded to magic. He knows about its existance and has experienced it first hand so he believes it exists. He just isn't big in dealing with magic because it is unpredicitable, but if he is dating Zatanna he will get use to it. If their childhood friendship is intact in the N52 I can see that connect they have turn into a healthy relationship between them. If its not I still think Bats and Zee can be a thing because in N52 JLD they were portrayed as friends and Bruce knows about the whole magic deal with her.

I think that Zatanna and Black Canary are great alternative choices for Batman to be in a relationship with other than Catwoman or Talia.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy said:

@black_arrow: What are you talking about? Batman has been in a lot of relationships. Probably more than most characters because he doesn't have a definitive love interest AKA a Lois Lane.

When did I say that Batman has not been in a lot of relationships? The thing is everytime that he is in one of them I don't think they work and prefer the stories where Batman is alone again. That is why I said that they don't fit on him.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy said:

When did I say that Batman has not been in a lot of relationships? The thing is everytime that he is in one of them I don't think they work and prefer the stories where Batman is alone again. That is why I said that they don't fit on him.

That's a personal preference. It doesn't mean it doesn't fit him. It just doesn't fit him in your point of view.