What kind of Batman game do you want next?

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was recently playing Batman Arkham Origins, and I fought against Bane in the first time you fight him at the Royal Hotel. Suddenly I wanted a Batman game based on The Court of Owls (it's a longshot) story. When you fought Bane, you could see two huge statues, those statues were statues of two members from the Court of Owls. I hope they make one with game mechanics from Arkham City.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kfabz-23

After arkham knight I want a superman

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Superman? I really like him as a character, but I don't think a game for him would be good. A street leveller would be better.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: He'd be hard to control, in my opinion.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Probably, but I prefer street levellers.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Where you can punch people in the face, like in GTA and participate on ilegal street races with the batmobile.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where you can punch people in the face, like in GTA and participate on ilegal street races with the batmobile.

LMFAO!

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kfabz-23
OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@captain_batman_ftw: I never saw what was hard about making a superman game.

Unless they severely depower him, there's just very few types of interesting obstacles that they can throw at him.

Action would be boring as hell, since it would just be punch-punch-punch-punch, you can't technically be significantly hurt by anything short of a Death Star lazer, and most "good" Superman stories rely on giving him emotional and mental challenges. So it would have to be either a puzzle game or a Traveller's Tales-style game.

If Rocksteady were commissioned to do another superhero game after their Batman ones, I'd much rather they take on Spider-Man. Although I really want them to go do their own IPs afterwards, since supehero stuff seems too limiting for their talents.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

Unless they severely depower him, there's just very few types of interesting obstacles that they can throw at him.

Action would be boring as hell, since it would just be punch-punch-punch-punch, you can't technically be significantly hurt by anything short of a Death Star lazer, and most "good" Superman stories rely on giving him emotional and mental challenges. So it would have to be either a puzzle game or a Traveller's Tales-style game.

If Rocksteady were commissioned to do another superhero game after their Batman ones, I'd much rather they take on Spider-Man. Although I really want them to go do their own IPs afterwards, since supehero stuff seems too limiting for their talents.

Superheroes is what promotes them. They get more popular when using one of the most known fictional characters.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OrangeBat

@captain_batman_ftw said:

@orangebat said:

@kfabz-23 said:

Superheroes is what promotes them. They get more popular when using one of the most known fictional characters.

Batman was a good way to get their name out there, and they definitely made the most of that opportunity by putting out some fantastic games (with some flaws) and revolutionary video game mechanics (Free Flow combat, for one), but I think they've got enough gamer recognition to be able to successfully move beyond those pastures now.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: check this right I was watching superman unbound and there was a scene where he fought one of brainiac robots it actually hurt him. So what I was thinking they could just be the equivalent to the thugs in arkham asylum/city. With the big villain being Brainiac.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: They should probably show their talent, but in all honesty, it's pretty obvious that these companies do it for the money. Superhero (popular supergeroes) games = $$$. The chances are bigger for superhero games rather than new stuff, but I do agree with your point, though. They should expand upon bigger stuff. The game mechanics for Arkham Knight was pretty sweet, though.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I want LEGO Batman 4. Only make it Metropolis and Gotham instead of space.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zaied

Batman Beyond, definitely. A Knightfall game where you play as JPV could also be a nice change of pace. Being able to 'bend the rules' a bit in Bruce's absence would be an interesting mechanic.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Batman I would like a Green Arrow game.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you think Injustice need more Batman related characters and less of the rest, well maybe dont, but it needs to have Alfred as a character, ALFRED STOMPS!!!

Saddly the videos are 2011 old, but i think you can download the game in some of the mugen websites.

This guys are famous for the Mugen Version of Deadpool, that is even used in sprite animations shows.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Awesome Video of Gordon, saddly is not part of the game, even when he and Alfred kick bass

Loading Video...

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Superman maybe Aquaman.

A GTA style game with The Rogues?

These are all longshots.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i could do without a batman game for a decade or so

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: @captain_batman_ftw: @kfabz-23:

Gonna pull a shameless plug and just leave this here for you all~

http://www.leviathyn.com/opinion/2014/12/15/superman-blueprint-great-video-game/

And anyway, regarding the next Batman game, I'd prefer something more focused on other characters in the Batman Mythos.

Maybe a game where Batman has gone missing, and Alfred has to call in other members of the family to not only keep Gotham safe, but to find Bruce.

To that end, players can select from any of the Bat-Family members:

• Dick Grayson (Nightwing)
  • Jason Todd (Red Hood)
  • Tim Drake (Red Robin)
  • Damian Wayne (Robin)

For starters. Once you play more of the game, you can unlock Black Bat, Batgirl, Spoiler, Catwoman, Batwoman, Azrael (JPV,) Batman II (Terry,) Azrael II (Michael Lane,) Batwing, Nightrunner, Mr. Unknown, The Hood, etc. Even have The Arrow as an unlockable character.

Have it play out more like an RPG with certain characters having better skills in certain areas. Dick Grayson as the best at unarmed combat, Drake with the most "special" moves, Jason better at long range, and Damien most skilled with a weapon, etc.

You get certain bonuses for pairing certain teams together, but you can also hamper yourself. Damien and Drake don't get along for example, so they lower each others stats. Jason and Tim are on good terms so there's a bonus there. Jason and Terry have somewhat similar backgrounds so they'd offer a bonus.

Alfred tasks the team with missions to collect clues throughout Gotham, Bludhaven, etc. and along the way, you get to work with characters from other series like Superboy, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. who offer insight as well.

Think Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but less cosmic-based more Bat-themed characters and a far darker story.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Arkham Knight i want Wonder Woman !!!

Joppy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Arkham Knight I'd like to play Animal Man or Swamp Thing. You can control Animal Man transform any animal skills. Swamp Thing game, Swamp Thing battle against Rot world or travel over the green life planets.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Court of Owls, Batman Inc., A Batfamily game or Batman multiverse game.... there are so games you can make with Batman.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i want a Justice League game, Suicide Squad or The Flash.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Court of Owls, Batman Inc., A Batfamily game or Batman multiverse game.... there are so games you can make with Batman.

I know, specially so many great stories to adapt to.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deathstroke52

@rustyroy said:

Batman Inc would be really cool.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

Aquaman and Flash games would be pretty good I think. Open world and all oceans+seas for Aquaman, and for Flash Central City would be enough.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat said:

@kfabz-23 said:

Aquaman and Flash games would be pretty good I think. Open world and all oceans+seas for Aquaman, and for Flash Central City would be enough.

There was actually a Flash game in progress (a good amount of it had already been made), but it sucked so bad.

Loading Video...

An Aquaman game sounds very interseting, though. I can already think it for me.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Batfamily game! Or the before mentioned Flash game.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just want to play Arkham Knight already......

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want a Batman game next, I want a Rocksteady made Flash, Spider-Man, or Green Arrow game.

Heck, give me a JL game. Just nothing that's entirely focused on the Batman. I want to see more of what Rocksteady can do with other characters.

Mellosassymel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Family or Batman and the Outsiders

I think DC will make a Justice League or Suicide Squad game to tie into the movies but other than that don't expect Rocksteady to do anymore superhero games after Arkham knight

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they could somehow pull of a Arkham style mechanics and an even bigger world with all the core justice league members. I know that it would be extremely complicated to pull of some characters, ie flash, superman, martian manhunter but I think we can all agree if they somehow could make a game with accurate psychics to go along with their powers it would be awesome.