#1 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget official continuity or pre-52 or silver age of aquarius whatever. Who is YOUR Batman. How did he start? When did he start? What are the people around him like (Alfred, Robins)? How would you deal with the process of the evolving robins(basically work out who was a robin and when aka like the New 52 controversy)? How did his surrounding's evolve (His rogue's gallery, the police, the citizens and city of Gotham)? Be as detailed as you'd like.

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8627 posts) - - Show Bio

Bitten by a radioactive bat.

#3 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran See if i was gona switch-a-roo with marvel i would go Batman and Daredevil. Blind Batman and what strikes more fear into crime than the devil?

#4 Posted by JetiiMitra (8627 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear: Well, what if he was bitten in the eyes so he went blind? Then it could be both of them.

#5 Edited by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran we have reached a settlement Spider Devil! <------TM the devil and SPIDERS!!!l i am now scaring myself... hold me?

#6 Posted by JetiiMitra (8627 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear: Um... I'm sure Batman will hold you? Or maybe Catwoman. Too late, she's holding me. Batman will hold you.

#7 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran YEAH!!! Batman piggy back glide!!!

#8 Edited by JetiiMitra (8627 posts) - - Show Bio

I had an idea a couple of months ago about an antagonist to Batman. Even though it's a different character, the origins would make for a good alternate version of Batman IMO.

@mitran said:

I would like to see an arc where Batman is put up against his sort-of-antithesis. Not Wrath; a new character that also has similar origins, but has different methods. Where Batman was a billionaire, this new character would be poverty-stricken. Where Batman had the best tutors in the world, the new character had whatever was in the public domain - Internet, encyclopedias, etc. Where Batman had the best martial arts masters, this character has only one who teaches him only one style. He also has to make do with whatever resources he can find, rather than being able to come up with new stuff. Despite all this, through sheer determination (much like Batman's), the new character is still on the same level as Batman. Because of his different upbringing and training to become a hero, this character would have different methods like being okay with killing (though not actively doing so such as, say, Jason Todd) and occasionally asserting that the ends can justify the means (i.e. breaking laws at times in order to serve the greater good).

#9 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

and gone mad by the results, hence the wearing of a Bat costume. He believes the bat, by biting him, consumed his soul and aims to seek justice with an unrelenting fervor. He doesn't have any special abilities afforded to him by this bat bite, other than the madness that makes him think he has special abilities. This gives him the will to act with no hesitation, throwing caution to the wind. People see a man acting this way and it scares the living hell out of them. Hence criminals fear the Batman as always, but with a bit of a twist.

#10 Edited by fil123 (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@mitran said:

I had an idea a couple of months ago about an antagonist to Batman. Even though it's a different character, the origins would make for a good alternate version of Batman IMO.

@mitran said:

I would like to see an arc where Batman is put up against his sort-of-antithesis. Not Wrath; a new character that also has similar origins, but has different methods. Where Batman was a billionaire, this new character would be poverty-stricken. Where Batman had the best tutors in the world, the new character had whatever was in the public domain - Internet, encyclopedias, etc. Where Batman had the best martial arts masters, this character has only one who teaches him only one style. He also has to make do with whatever resources he can find, rather than being able to come up with new stuff. Despite all this, through sheer determination (much like Batman's), the new character is still on the same level as Batman. Because of his different upbringing and training to become a hero, this character would have different methods like being okay with killing (though not actively doing so such as, say, Jason Todd) and occasionally asserting that the ends can justify the means (i.e. breaking laws at times in order to serve the greater good).

macgyver?

#11 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: bit like Rorschach, cool

#12 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@mitran said:

So, you want Bane.

#13 Posted by JetiiMitra (8627 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad: Not really. One of the defining characteristics of that character would be that his limits are very real - he's holding up with duct tape and hope most of the time. Bane "invented" classic chess moves and has an eidetic memory. That character would have no understanding of or patience for chess or anything tangential to his purpose.

@cuddlebear: Thanks!

@fil123: Heh, I guess. Just not as waaaayyy OP as him.

#14 Posted by redleader1 (508 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: um so anarky and some of Prometheus and a bit of bane

#15 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

just as long as its not the one geoff johns wrote

#16 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Smoked crack as a kid and couldn't go to sleep. WatcHed His motHer be abusive to His fatHer. He grew up witH a traumatizing cHildHood and created an alter ego Joker. Joker killed His parents but framed Joe CHill and innocent Homeless Vietnam Vet wHo paid for Jokers crimes.

Bruce failed to realize Joker was a figment of His own madness and soon created a tHird alter ego Batman wHo is constantly figHting crime and tHe figment of His own madness aka Joker.

YeaH I KNO, I'm pure awesomeness and someone is definitely going to use tHis story someday... WatcH

-ABstract4$$#073-

#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10791 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

QFT!!!

#18 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Edited by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

#21 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

darn it, was about to say the same thing

#22 Posted by JetiiMitra (8627 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

darn it, was about to say the same thing

Lol, beat you by nearly a month. Gotta pick it up, man!