#1 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a link to my review of Bane's most recent appearance in the pages of Batman: The Dark Knight Issue 6 with some of my thoughts about him:

http://www.comicvine.com/batman-the-dark-knight-run-rabbit-run/37-316560/user-reviews/?review_id=28126

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Ask CitizenBane...

#3 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm reserving judgement for now.

#4 Edited by _Zombie_ (10299 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going to be reading TDK, but he looks horrible. Seriously, the Arkham Asylum/City look is s**t.

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10902 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though TDK is cannon, I pretend it doesn't exist, even though I do admittedly read it for a good laugh. So until Bane appears in Batman, Batman and Robin, or even Detective Comics, in my eye's he still hasn't been shown in the N52.

#6 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Back to the Gimp mask? No thank you, I'll stick with Batman and Robin.

#7 Posted by Saren (25212 posts) - - Show Bio

....so we're just going to judge the book by its cover (literally)?

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91061 posts) - - Show Bio

I was never a fan of Bane but I hate when I see him in certain books,games,or animated series and he's nonsensically buff I get annoyed because I know that means they are going to make a mockery of his intellect and skill.

#9 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ all of you who're reading DCNU that have to put up with this.  

:P

#10 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

LOL @ all of you who're reading DCNU that have to put up with this. :P

At least we got Batman by Snyder and Batman and Robin to negate Batman:TDK and Detective comics.

#11 Edited by Saren (25212 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, he wasn't that big inside the issue, at least not more than you'd expect him to be on Venom. His speech indicated that he's still as intelligent as he ever was, and he was skilled enough to beat Bruce bloody (though it could be argued he was simply exploiting a major physical advantage). I agree that TDK is a poorly written series, but I'm sure that actually reading the issue and arriving at a conclusion that's not based on just a ridiculous cover isn't terribly hard to do.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91061 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

but I'm sure that actually reading the issue and arriving at a conclusion that's not based on just a ridiculous cover isn't terribly hard to do.

U mad?
#13 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard it wasn't that bad, read a couple of scans that were meh and for TDK meh is equivalent to a 10 on a 10 point scale.

#14 Posted by Saren (25212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@CitizenBane said:

but I'm sure that actually reading the issue and arriving at a conclusion that's not based on just a ridiculous cover isn't terribly hard to do.

U mad?

More like exasperated.

#15 Edited by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

I heard it wasn't that bad, read a couple of scans that were meh and for TDK meh is equivalent to a 10 on a 10 point scale.

My friend bought it I read it and I can confirm that by Batman: TDK standards this is good enough

#16 Posted by entropy_aegis (14114 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame,but much better than expected.

#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (14114 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Look, he wasn't that big inside the issue, at least not more than you'd expect him to be on Venom. His speech indicated that he's still as intelligent as he ever was, and he was skilled enough to beat Bruce bloody (though it could be argued he was simply exploiting a major physical advantage). I agree that TDK is a poorly written series, but I'm sure that actually reading the issue and arriving at a conclusion that's not based on just a ridiculous cover isn't terribly hard to do.

I think he was as big as shown in the cover,the key difference being that Finch in the interiors made him leaner and cause he does'nt have that stupid bump on his back.

#18 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Im one of the very few that enjoys TDK and I think Bane looked good. It really wasnt enough of him to see about his intelect and personality, and how it is represented, but it didnt look downgraded. I have faith he will remain as much as a intelectual adversary to batman as he is a physical one

#19 Posted by BillyFamine (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the cover was a little too much. But the story itself and the art? Man, I'm a big fan. Next to the Snyder Batman, it's the one bat title I crave the most.

#20 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

The part of the last TDK I didn't enjoy was the fact that the new Venom was making Bane 'smart' as opposed to all the other users who it was near killing.

#21 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

....so we're just going to judge the book by its cover (literally)?

Not really, we tried, It sucked, we decided to spend our money in better stuff, end :D

#22 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

I have not had the chance to read him in the New 52

#23 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Snyder or Tomasi write him.

#24 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

I'd like to see Snyder or Tomasi write him.

Yeah, I'd like to see him brought in like he originally came in..Smart and ruthless.

#25 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it and I love TDK.

#26 Posted by GalacticRavenous (350 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its good that he became stronger. So he finally match up with people in threads..

#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (36115 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its good that he became stronger. So he finally match up with people in threads..

Bane honestly didn't need a strength boost to be used in good threads. There's plenty of street level characters he can be matched with, be it on or off venom.

I don't dislike New 52 Bane, but it's unfortunate that it furthers the misconception that he's a guy who relies on brute strength in confrontations. Oh well.

Staff