What do you thinkl is the best batman villain after joker?

paalern3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What do you thinkl is the best batman villain after joker? (76 votes)

Penguin 0%
Riddler 18%
Poison Ivy 1%
Two-face 11%
Mr. Freeze 1%
Ventriloquist 0%
Clayface 1%
Scarecrow 8%
Ra's Al Ghul 32%
Lady Shiva 1%
Tweedledee and tweedledum 0%
Mad hatter 3%
Killer croc 4%
Bane 20%
Killer moth 0%
 • 
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's al Ghul.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Ratcatcher.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be Bane.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Al Ghul

Countbaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Knight ?

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Hush?

Are we going overall, like pre New 52? Bane of Pre-52 was intelligent, not the over exaggerated pile of garbage that they made him in New 52 and the Arkham games/comics that's too similar to the Shumacher movie version.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black_Arrow

Bane, Two face and Ras are the top batman villains for me .

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's by a mile, though I'm disappointed at the lack of Hugo Strange. The new 52 is time for the Moriarty of Batman to get the attention he's always deserved.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Ra's Ah Ghul. And why isn't Harely Quinn a part of the options?

RiotSqrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hoplite91: I was thrilled by the Internet rumor of Robin Williams as Hugo Strange in Dark Knight Rises, and then they did all that other stuff instead.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Conceptually I believe

Two-Face

Catwoman

Ra's al Ghul

Bane

these are the best villains after the Joker,most if not all other villains are weaker/underdeveloped versions of these characters.

Ra's Ah Ghul. And why isn't Harely Quinn a part of the options?

She's a nuisance,not a villain.

Ra's by a mile, though I'm disappointed at the lack of Hugo Strange. The new 52 is time for the Moriarty of Batman to get the attention he's always deserved.

It can be argued that Joker,Ra's,Dr Hurt and Riddler are the Moriarty's to Batman's Sherlock.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Bane,Two-Face or Ra's al Ghul.Those are the characters that can be called great villains and good enough to be on the second spot in Batman's rogues gallery.Every other villain he has still hasn't proven that much to me to be that great.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Riddler.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lifeofvibe

Ras most definitely

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Scarecrow has a lot of potential for a major Bat-villain, and I really enjoy what he's doing in Arkham War right now.

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for some reason i love riddler so he gets my vote, but it was tough not to pick ra's

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Moonlighterstone

Ra's Al Ghul.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batzilla

Definitely Ra's Al Ghul. Besides having a really cool name, he can beat any of the other villains easily with this ninja army. Don't forget he can really kick anyone's ass with his martial arts expertise.

Regarding Two-Face, I never understood the fascination with him. He is just some dude (although cool villain), who's biggest threat to Batman is a gun, that's it. He's not smart enough, strong enough, or have any powers, to beat Batman at anything. Same goes for Penguin and Hush.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mak13131313

Ra's Al Ghul all the way!

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

He's underrated but Scarecrow, represents everything that Batman is trying push (fear, terror, breaking people physically and psychologically.) Crane does it in a twisted cruel way that you would think that Batman's in the same state. Also Cillain Murphy's performance of him in Batman Begins was just plain creepy!

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The riddler for me. The riddler vs the worlds greatest detective is always fun to read

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

IMO either Bane or Deathstroke.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are several that I could easily vote for...

BTAS did wonders for a lot of flat Batman villains. It made Mr. Freeze one of the more interesting characters. It did the same, to a lesser extent, for Mad Hatter. It showed us the human side of these characters and made us feel empathy for them, which makes them far more interesting.

I voted Ivy, not just because she has complex motives related to Eco-terrorism, but, because of her powers.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two-Face for me

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Cloakx14

The Riddler, Hush, Clayface.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ras, Bane, or Two-face for me

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By PunyParker
Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hoplite91 said:

It can be argued that Joker,Ra's,Dr Hurt and Riddler are the Moriarty's to Batman's Sherlock.

Yeah, I agree with all of those. I mainly specified Strange because he was so early and it's always seemed like he was the earliest incarnation of that archetype.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

Although my pick was Two-Face, Ra's is probably the one that has given bats the most trouble and the second biggest threat besides Joker

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently I'm the only one who likes Mr. Freeze best.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jeremy1989

Funny, I usually thought The Riddler would be that?

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hoplite91

@jeremy1989: Absolutely, I think that's very valid. Especially if you're going by the excellent Andrew Scott version from the BBC series, Riddler makes ten times more sense as that version of Moriarty is eccentric and even erratic.

However, Strange always struck me as more akin to the original ACD character as he is a noted academic, older, and less openly eccentric than Riddler, though undoubtedly a genius. The literary version of Moriarty isn't quite the flaunting narcissist that Riddler is. The Jared Harris version from the Robert Downey Jr. films is a little more classical in that way I guess. He's older and less assuming, but cunning and dangerous.

It's all relative, I think both Strange and Nigma have a lot of untapped villain potential. I think that an interpretation of Strange that was freed from him being quite as batshit (no pun intended) crazy or being a pawn of some other character could be really chilling. The same is probably true of the Riddler.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By the_tree

Joker's not my favorite, but two villains I truly enjoy are Doctor Hurt and Ra's al Ghul.

frostphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a difficult decision, they are all great villains... but still if I have to choose one, that would be my favorite batman villain, so I choose the Riddler.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Best? Probably Bane. Not sure who I enjoy the most.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Azrael_Online

I honestly, truly believe that no one would give a care about Ra's or Bane if they were not in the Nolan films.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989: Absolutely, I think that's very valid. Especially if you're going by the excellent Andrew Scott version from the BBC series, Riddler makes ten times more sense as that version of Moriarty is eccentric and even erratic.

However, Strange always struck me as more akin to the original ACD character as he is a noted academic, older, and less openly eccentric than Riddler, though undoubtedly a genius. The literary version of Moriarty isn't quite the flaunting narcissist that Riddler is. The Jared Harris version from the Robert Downey Jr. films is a little more classical in that way I guess. He's older and less assuming, but cunning and dangerous.

It's all relative, I think both Strange and Nigma have a lot of untapped villain potential. I think that an interpretation of Strange that was freed from him being quite as batshit (no pun intended) crazy or being a pawn of some other character could be really chilling. The same is probably true of the Riddler.

Moriarty is a dang great and versatile character,the BBC version is similar to the Riddler while the Downey film version more to Ra's al Ghul. Golden age Pre-Crisis Strange was like classic Moriarty.

I honestly, truly believe that no one would give a care about Ra's or Bane if they were not in the Nolan films.

Um okay.

@batzilla said:

Definitely Ra's Al Ghul. Besides having a really cool name, he can beat any of the other villains easily with this ninja army. Don't forget he can really kick anyone's ass with his martial arts expertise.

Regarding Two-Face, I never understood the fascination with him. He is just some dude (although cool villain), who's biggest threat to Batman is a gun, that's it. He's not smart enough, strong enough, or have any powers, to beat Batman at anything. Same goes for Penguin and Hush.

Two-Face represents the fallen angel/friend trope and he's by far the best Bat villain in that category. He represents Batmans failure,he's what Batman could be if his war against crime takes a toll on his mental health.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Solomon Grundy :P

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Ra's, he is the only one who's a real threat not only to the Batman but also the entire planet. It is always more exiting when he steps in. Also he can match Batman physically and intellectually.

Countbaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Shark !?

Avatar image for ramiaquizzlinger
RamiaQuizzlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batzilla said:

Two-Face represents the fallen angel/friend trope and he's by far the best Bat villain in that category. He represents Batmans failure,he's what Batman could be if his war against crime takes a toll on his mental health.@entropy_aegis:

I get what he's supposed to represent, but how does that make him "the best Bat villain"? He poses no threat whatsoever to Batman, he's just some gangster with a gun.

Depends on what you mean by "best," I guess.

I'm in the teeny minority, the Mad Hatter's my fav. His dream machine rocked!

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really presumptuous assuming Joker is the best Batman villian...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Black Mask?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scarecrow

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The thing is, with the exception of Ra's, most of these villains are used as pawns most of the time and are rarely masterminds. Some have had their moment, like Bane, but you see, outside of Knightfall, Bane never managed to match up to Batman the same way again, and ironically, even in Knightfall, Bane's defeat took place at the hands of Batman's substitute, and he only defeated Batman when he was exhausted. The same for Two-Face, outside of the Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale stories, he never really impacted Batman in any way.

The thing that Joker and Ra's have in common, is that whenever they're involved, Batman knows there's no messing around, and he immediately recognizes them as omega level threats, because their goals go beyond just monetary gain. Both of them want to see the world burn, each with their own perspective. At one point, Batman once said that Ra's is worse than both Joker and Lex Luthor combined. Obviously, Joker will always be Batman's arch-nemesis, but Ra's Al Ghul is the undisputed #2.

Here's the top 5 Batman villains:

- Joker

- Ra's

- Bane

- Two-Face

- Either Mr. Freeze or Scarecrow

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31