Tim Drake as Batman Beyond

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

How does everyone feel about this becoming the definitive future of DC with Tim Drake as the new Batman Beyond? I honestly hate it, the idea that Terry McGinnis being thrown out and replaced with Tim is just ridiculous, I spent 15 years with Terry as Batman Beyond and now they're completely writing him out? If this new series doesn't revolve around Terry, I won't be picking it up, sadly.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ArkhamWrath

Every Robin once have to become Batman :P

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Im good. its cool to see something awesome being done with Tim.

Every Robin once have to become Batman :P

technically this is like his 4th time.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt:

That someone ask me to make a one canon comic, i will kill all Robins ! Maybe will just leave Jason as villain :)

I mean... c'mon all Batgirls get a costume and get her own story, with exit form Batman shadow. But Robins time after time back to Batman shadow to get his costume !!! Let kill them all !!!

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gustavoburciaga1:

Honestly... i don't count him as nothing(i imagine that he does not exist) , speically Batman... at least he is just one weird clone of the Bruce Wayne !

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Actually making Tim Drake the new Batman Beyond might be good for his character (it can't get any worst)...but not like this! Terry was is and should always be the Batman Beyond!...this is just lame...they are doing this, so the new characters that were made by writters that have waayy to much confidence with the Editorial, can have some "air-time"...i gues that this was what Scott Snyder was referring too, when he said that "Culen's role will be stepped up, coming June"...what he didn't said, is that it will be at Tim's expense...and even worst, by killing-off Terry.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what new comic is Tim batman beyond? Also I remember that at one point in the comics Tim was the future batma and in one of the crisis batman beyond comes to save a hero and on the toys they called him Tim drake

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havoc1201: It's one of the new books coming in June.

@bat_girl_cc: I don't think Snyder has anything to do with Tim or Terry.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Drake: From Robin to Red Robin to Joker to Batman..

I've dropped Futures End a while ago, what did i miss?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By JakeN7

@havoc1201 said:

Wait what new comic is Tim batman beyond?

He took up the mantle after Terry died in Future's End. He'll be the Batman Beyond we see in the new ongoing coming up after Convergence.

To be clear, this is Future's End Tim. The one from 5 years in the future. There is still a Tim Drake that is currently Red Robin leading the Teen Titans and guest starring in Batman Eternal.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@jaken7 said:

@havoc1201 said:

Wait what new comic is Tim batman beyond?

He took up the mantle after Terry died in Future's End. He'll be the Batman Beyond we see in the new ongoing coming up after Convergence.

To be clear, this is Future's End Tim. The one from 5 years in the future. There is still a Tim Drake that is currently Red Robin leading the Teen Titans and guest starring in Batman Eternal.

Idk, Futures End and Earth-2: Worlds End are both connected to Convergence, and Convergence is connected to Earth-2: Society, which will be in the DC-present-day-timeline coming June, i think that after Convergence, the books that remain will have some minimal changes, which its way, all of the storie-arc's had to be finished before Convergence, i think.

I'm not sure how they will solve the 5 year gap, tho.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Tim Drake as a character, however if he does become Batman Beyond I will be quite disappointed. I'm a fan of Terry McGinnis and I really would like to see the title revolve around him.

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing that confused me is did Brother Eye send Tim 5 years into the future or 30 something years into the future from the present time line? I mean Madison was still there but she wasn't Fire Storm anymore.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tim Drake just exists for the sake of existing now, if the best thing to be done with him is to give him the mythology of another character altogether then he's better off being benched or killed.

Get Tim back to his roots, make him the layman Robin,the guy who is a normal kid in extraordinary circumstances. This constant desire to make him more like Batman and Damian had made the character dull and bland.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Drake just exists for the sake of existing now, if the best thing to be done with him is to give him the mythology of another character altogether then he's better off being benched or killed.

Get Tim back to his roots, make him the layman Robin,the guy who is a normal kid in extraordinary circumstances. This constant desire to make him more like Batman and Damian had made the character dull and bland.

Couldn't agree more...specially because that is not him! all a character has, its well, its own character! turning him into another character altogether, makes no sense whatsoever, just might as well use other character.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aahz

Sounds like a very bad Idea, there series would lose Terrys suport cast and Tim would lose his (if he has one in the new 52).

And a time travelling Tim working together with the old Versions of Bruce and Dick sounds awkward.

And then there is the problem that Beyond is based on the DCAU, where Tim is a complete different character with a complete different history (and is mostly based on Jason), and where Jason and Damian never existed.

The best what they could do with Tim would probably be, to bring his parents and his civilian friends back and put him in High School or Collage.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JakeN7

@aahz said:

Sounds like a very bad Idea, there series would lose Terrys suport cast and Tim would lose his (if he has one in the new 52).

This is not New 52 Tim. This is the Tim from Futures End.

@aahz said:

And then there is the problem that Beyond is based on the DCAU, where Tim is a complete different character with a complete different history (and is mostly based on Jason), and where Jason and Damian never existed.

You're not understanding. The Batman Beyond that was an integral part of Futures End is from 35 years in the future of the New 52 universe. The DCAU (and thus, the one with the Batman Beyond you're thinking of) is still designated Earth-16. The Batman Beyond digital-first comics are all still in that Earth, with Terry as Batman, and without Jason and Damian ever being a part of its history.

Also, Tim is not based on Jason at all. Who told you that?

@entropy_aegis said:

You know we're talking about the Futures End Tim, yeah? The one that abandoned his name, his superhero identity, and any ties to the Bat mythos. How were they supposed to do anything else with him beyond (<--- pun intended) giving him a legacy mantle to take up and fulfilling a role that really did need to be filled?

@entropy_aegis said:

He still feels (or felt since it's over) like that in Batman Eternal. I'm not reading the new Teen Titans volume, so I wouldn't if it's the case in there as well.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aahz

@jaken7 said:

This is not New 52 Tim. This is the Tim from Futures End.

Ok I didn't read futures End.

@jaken7 said:

DCAU-Tim background (Crime Alley Kid, whose father was killed by Two-Face), age (probaly still in middle school during his time as robin),relationship with Batman (lives with him as ward/adopted son) and the end of his career (by the Joker) has much more similarities with Jason than with the Comic Version of Tim.

But if Tim isn't replacing Terry in the Batman Beyond comics, I have no problem with it.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JakeN7

@aahz said:

@jaken7 said:

DCAU-Tim background (Crime Alley Kid, whose father was killed by Two-Face), age (probaly still in middle school during his time as robin),relationship with Batman (lives with him as ward/adopted son) and the end of his career (by the Joker) has much more similarities with Jason than with the Comic Version of Tim.

Oh, you were talking about the DCAU version. Nevermind.