This basically sums up my feelings towards the show.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator

The Bruce Wayne arc is a serious problem.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I said it once, I will say it again:

This show should have been about Batman.

Season 1 - Young Bruce Wayne arrives in Gotham, gets started as Batman. Introduce all the usual gadgets, the Bat-Mobile, the Bat-Wing, the Bat-Pod, the Bat-Boat, etc. Badass action scenes. MacGyver-esque genius. Batman is portrayed as Sherlock Holmes on steroids. Start off with villains like Dr. Death, Professor Milo, and Hugo Strange (the latter could be the Kingpin of Gotham, controlling all crime while posing as an ordinary, but gifted, psychiatrist).

Go from there.

I guarantee you that most of the potential audience watching this show doesn't give two craps about Gordon or the GCPD, and seeing all the references to Batman mythos getting crammed into every episode, Smallville-style, just rubs salt into the wound. We could've had a live-action Batman show, instead we get this crap, and the rip-off that is Arrow.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PunyParker

@orangebat: Ι dug the CSI : GOTHAM CITY direction,but it's not like that....

KDP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If it was basically Gotham Central, then everything would have been okay.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Dang. Makes me not want to watch it now.

Jmarshmallow

Laporik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeBat : Yeah, it would've been so cool to see Batman... especially with the low-budget they have. Seriously, everything has been done with Batman in the Animated Series. We have had 4 shows about Batman, nothing they could've done would've been better

What they are doing right now is great, I'm loving it mainly because it's different but at the same time, it's respectful of the mythos. The characters are great, the story have a lot of potential. I say, wait until the end of the season before saying it's good or bad.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@laporik: They have a bigger budget than Arrow. And we've had 4 animated series about Batman, but the last live-action one we've had was the '66 one.

Laporik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat : And it's fine for Arrow but we are talking about Batman. The make-up alone for guys like Cobblepot would cost a lot. I would love to see a Batman tv-Show but the product would have to be tone down, you wouldn't have great fights, it wouldn't look really bad but not on the level of what you expect with Batman. And the animated series already did all they had to say, they couldn't do it and The Dark Knight Rises just came out a few years ago. No matter what they did, people would've compared it to them and it would've not be good for the show

With Gotham, you get what is the closer to the comic-book. Thanks to the human aspect of Gordon, you will have great fights without it looking cheesy and you get a look at the origins of the villains. Just imagine seeing the fall of Harvey Dent, it could be great. The last episode totally captured Gotham. The corruption, the dark city, the scary event. Totally looks like they are onto something.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat JeremeyJahns.

Beata

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jeremy Jahns is cool

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed with like practically everything he said. I didn't give two fucks about the other "easter eggs" as soon as they left the screen but I spent a week asking around "You think that was the Joker?" And he really got me with that side comment about grief I'd have much preferred that route than what they eventually went with have Bruce be a kid traumatized turning into a troubled child not one with some agenda like he has in the show just getting into fights lashing out stuff like a regular kid in his situation would. That and not even having the death of the Wayne's until the season finale I wish they had done that build up the world and expand who they are instead of just going "this is the world of Batman the parents die you know that it's not important"

For me personally I wish they had gone with Batman Year One as their primary inspiration with this. Beat cop in a bad city nothing more to it but just with the added bit of giving Gotham some personality along the lines of TAS or the Arkhamverse. Get the audience engrossed in the world first THEN start throwing the hard balls ya know? But this is Fox the show runners know there's no guarantee they'd get that long to flesh it out and like with Agents of SHIELD they'd have to worry about the audience not even having the patience for something like that to build up.

Also they kinda need to explain Gordon's backstory a bit more is he new to the city? Cos nobody knows who he is yet and apparently he's just now getting how the city operates yet at the same time apparently he grew up in the city seeing as how his dad was the DA and he has a fiance that's a wealthy socialite in the city. We know he came back from war but did he just come back go through police training spend a couple weeks as a patrolman then get promoted hella fast? Cos I can't imagine him not knowing the system otherwise.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I am otherwise unfamiliar with Batman mythos and have read very little on him, if at all. Is it probably because of that I find the show pretty cool.

The Riddle character fascinates me hopefully they do something cool with me.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is this show aims to the audience that has never read a comic book, does cosplay and loves to talk how much Nolan ruined Batman.

Pseudo fans that know nothing about the characters, not only that, but they try to change everything so you notice its part of the Batman universe.

Not only that it takes everything it can from Batman Earth One, is pretty obvious Oswald killed Bruce Wayne parents and they are trying everything to be Geoff Johns botched idea.

Its more cartoonish that the past Batman cartoons, its as cartoonish as The Brave and The Bold but with the Earth One darker tone.

They are even forcing the concept that Bruce Wayne was Batman since his parents die and never decide to go around the world to train, had pretty much no reason to use a Bat costume and got almost killed by Oswald before the whole Afred Ex Machina.

No one would care if this Show wasnt called Gotham, if Bruce Wayne was called Jimmi Keller, you would change the channel after his first scene.

If Catwoman wasnt forcing the whole she is Catwoman as a children and was called Wynona Moore, you wouldnt care for her.

If the show was called New Denver P.D. you would change the channel.

They need Batman to sell this, that is a bad signal.