Should Crazy Steve ("The Goddamn Hobo Batman") be Canon?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

In his reviews of the issues of All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder, Linkara notes at one point that this cannot be Batman but a crazed hobo named Steve that took the Batsuit. Thus, Linkara's name for the character "Crazy Steve" has become a fan nickname for the ASBRtBW incarnation. (Millerverse Batman)

It is generally theorized that both of these characterizations are a response and ridicule to the Dark Age incarnation of Batman seen in The Dark Knight Returns. However in both instances, they only further cement the character as a sociopath.

A really disturbing implication regarding Miller's Batman is that he was involved in an incestuous relationship with or molested by either of his parents, which might have corrupted him later on. His mother is the likely candidate given Batman's remarks regarding his mother's "bleeding breast", although this could just suggest that he has an Oedipus complex.

Just think Batman goes and face a crazy person that tell to him he is the Real Goddamn Batman and he was abused by his mom and the bat, in other words being the insane Batman everybody that know nothing about Batman belive Batman is, in other words a Batman villain making fun of Batman or the whole concept of Batman being the real person and Bruce Wayne a suit.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My mind exploded while reading this

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vaccine

Wut. I...don't...even....ok.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Steve: I am Vengance, i am the night, i am the Goddamn Batman and this is my Goddamn Batmobile.

Batman:Wait? What? How did you get my costume and what with all those thing in the car.

Steve:I put whatever i want in the goddamn Batmobile, because i am the goddamn Batmana, right baby?

Batman:Did you just speak with your car?, I never remember doing anything like that.

Steve:You scumbag fake Batman, i am the goddamn Batman and i will kick your butt with my Batrate,

Batman:I wanted to inspire people, but not to inspire insanity....

Steve:I am not crazy, i am driven, i am The Goddamn Batman and this is my Goddamn Boot and is going to be in your face.

Batman:You need help, seriously, let me help you.

Steve: I am the Goddamn Batman and i dont need your Goddamn Help.

Batman:Ok you ask for this....

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@mitran said:

Yes. They would fight and Steve would end up on the ground barely conscious.

Steve: "...but I'm... I'm the goddamn... the goddamn..."

Bruce (shoving Steve's face in the ground with a boot): "No. I'm the goddamn Batman. And my Black Canary is better than yours."

win.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Crazy Steve is from Drake and Josh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ngBrreLJjk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I dislike Linkara, I agree with this. Crazy Steve is way off... to much of the edgy side of Batman, with none of the good qualities he has.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carly is Megan in disguise.After a "prank" goes too far, Megan accidentally kills Drake and Josh, leading to her fleeing San Diego for Seattle. She has Crazy Steve drive the getaway car. They create false identities for themselves in Seattle: Megan becomes Carly, and Crazy Steve becomes Spencer. Carly and Sam were friends when Carly was Megan because of their complementary personalities and because Sam supplied non-lethal weapons to Megan. This is why Megan went to Seattle — she would have someone to vouch for her. The massive amounts of Les Yay between Carly and Sam are due to Megan/Carly's Heel Face Turn, which she only did to avoid raising suspicion. She didn't realize this would turn Sam on. In memoriam to Drake, Sam keeps his picture on her locker door.

• And then, Drake appeared as a ghost in iBloop.
    • And the guy with the blonde wig and sunglasses in iReunite With Missy is actually Josh in disguise, left for dead but not, secretly observing Megan, plotting his revenge.
  • Somebody make a fanfic of this. NOW.
  • Well, Spencer is pretty crazy at times..What about Freddie though? His actor appeared in Drake & Josh once (the episode with Megan and the boy).
    • Wasn't his scene in Drake & Josh cut, though?
      • Yeah. It was cut, and not shown. You can see him in the background in a few wide shots, but that's it.
  • This would explain why Carly does tend to act like a bitch sometimes... (or actually, a lot of the time)...

Also it could be the same character.

@matteopg said:

As much as I dislike Linkara, I agree with this. Crazy Steve is way off... to much of the edgy side of Batman, with none of the good qualities he has.

And thats why i think he would be a great Batman villain, i mean The Spirit looks like Crazy Steve going in another suit and some times other characters too.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman said:

Carly is Megan in disguise.After a "prank" goes too far, Megan accidentally kills Drake and Josh, leading to her fleeing San Diego for Seattle. She has Crazy Steve drive the getaway car. They create false identities for themselves in Seattle: Megan becomes Carly, and Crazy Steve becomes Spencer. Carly and Sam were friends when Carly was Megan because of their complementary personalities and because Sam supplied non-lethal weapons to Megan. This is why Megan went to Seattle — she would have someone to vouch for her. The massive amounts of Les Yay between Carly and Sam are due to Megan/Carly's Heel Face Turn, which she only did to avoid raising suspicion. She didn't realize this would turn Sam on. In memoriam to Drake, Sam keeps his picture on her locker door.

• And then, Drake appeared as a ghost in iBloop.
    • And the guy with the blonde wig and sunglasses in iReunite With Missy is actually Josh in disguise, left for dead but not, secretly observing Megan, plotting his revenge.
  • Somebody make a fanfic of this. NOW.
  • Well, Spencer is pretty crazy at times..What about Freddie though? His actor appeared in Drake & Josh once (the episode with Megan and the boy).
    • Wasn't his scene in Drake & Josh cut, though?
      • Yeah. It was cut, and not shown. You can see him in the background in a few wide shots, but that's it.
  • This would explain why Carly does tend to act like a bitch sometimes... (or actually, a lot of the time)...

Also it could be the same character.

that's so awesome.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@deathpoolthet1000: I would actually love to see that O.o'

Good to see more people like Crazy Steve.

He was fun as hell!!!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Just as long as the rest of the ASB&RTBW Justice League were also crazed impersonators (especially Wonder "Random dude on street is a sperm bank" Woman).

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Marionettegeist

Yes!

No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just as long as the rest of the ASB&RTBW Justice League were also crazed impersonators (especially Wonder "Random dude on street is a sperm bank" Woman).

That would be the best idea ever, a whole parody of super dark JL.

I mean is the only way to explain many bad ideas that you seee in comics today or are or used to be canon or pseudo canon.

Also Aquaman could be the Superfriend Aquaman.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marionettegeist

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

That would be the best idea ever, a whole parody of super dark JL.

I mean is the only way to explain many bad ideas that you seee in comics today or are or used to be canon or pseudo canon.

Also Aquaman could be the Superfriend Aquaman.

We need to get Grant "Continuity - Crazed" Morrison on this asap.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: Crazy Steve as Batman

Superfriends Aquaman as Aquaman.

Crazy Woman who has Sex with any man and hates men as Wonder Woman.

Silver Age Ahole Superman Type Alien as Superman.

Fat Dumb Fanboy Who Never Kissed a Girl as Flash.

A nerdy actor that for some reason looks like Nathan Fillion who is sick of his life as Green Lantern.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going to come out and say it i love batman and robin all-star

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going to come out and say it i love batman and robin all-star

How could people hate him, the guys is hilarious!!!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: no i dont think hes hillarious i actuall like that batman story more then most

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: no i dont think hes hillarious i actuall like that batman story more then most

You like he talks with his cars and makes Robin eat a rat sandwich?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe said:

You like he talks with his cars and makes Robin eat a rat sandwich?

Lol, I didn't even remember that. Yeah, he comes off as just a lunatic with ego problems, with none of the qualities of the actual Batman. But you know, people are allowed to like the story. After all, it is art, so it's subjective.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: The problem is that is exatly like The Spirit from the movie The Spirit, who looks weirdly like the Arkhamverse.

So i cant think is Batman, more that Miller self inserted himself on those things.

I need to understan what he liked, i mean many people liked it was over the top.

I like it was funny as hell.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lifeofvibe

@deathpoolthet1000: yes that one his personality is awesome he a wolverine cross punisher cross batman and that why i love him and the story

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: yes that one his personality is awesome he a wolverine cross punisher cross batman and that why i love him and the story

And that is one of the reason i want him to be canon, the guy is not arond as much as he should.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBhramaBull

@deathpoolthet1000: huh?

Anyway, don't people just pick and choose what they like to be canon basically?

Year One is set in the same universe as ASBAR, DKR, and DKSA, but it is still basically taken to be the canon origin story of Batman. People would probably accept Dark Knight Returns as being a canon story too for the future. But because general consensus is that people hate All Star Batman and Robin and Dark Knight Strikes Again those two stories would never be considered canon stories, even though they are in the same universe as Year One and DKR. It's basically whatever people decide is canon.

The whole concept of canon is flawed anyway in my opinion, this Millerverse with Year One, ASBAR, DKR and DKSA has been confirmed to be one of the universes in the DC Multiverse (before new 52 anyway). So even if the events didn't happen on Earth One, they still occurred on one of the Earth's in the DC multiverse, so the fact these stories did take place makes them all canon then in my opinion. I don't think they are all canon, I just think the concept of canon is flawed if you see my point.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: Thats why i said Crazy Steve and explain being a crazy hobo that belives he is Batman and acting like Miller version of Batman, more like his late version, that is really really to balls to the walls to make any sense.

And face the current Batman for not being Batman enough.

I get it Bonkers Betty.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for divine_disorder
Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I think I really need to read this now. XD

But Frank Miller never finished All-Star Batman, right? That's what's been stopping me. I hate reading unfinished stories. I don't want to be left hanging. Does it end in a cliffhanger? Or is the story arc completed, at least, just before the series stopped?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I think I really need to read this now. XD

But Frank Miller never finished All-Star Batman, right? That's what's been stopping me. I hate reading unfinished stories. I don't want to be left hanging. Does it end in a cliffhanger? Or is the story arc completed, at least, just before the series stopped?

He and Jim Lee try to reboot it.

It has being ages since any news of this project.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understood how All Star fit with Year One and TDKR

with Year One Batman is a rookie just coming back from his travels ready to take on the evils of Gotham but he iscalm and focused. Does he makes mistakes yes but he continues to push himself to become better.

TDKR we see Batman as vetern a man who has seen it all who dosnt flich in the face of danger but his is also more trusting he let Carrie Kelly become robin with pretty easily. He also is a little prideful going toe to toe with a much younger foe and gets his ass kicked for his trouble and yet again shows he makes mistakes but he owns thos mistakes and becomes better for them

Then comes All Star whose Batman thinks he is always right never makes any mistakes and is self aggrandizing, narcissisitic, pedofile, and all around sociopath oh and a complete moron. thou really thos could be used to discribe everyone in this comic so if this Batman isnt some crazy double pertending to be Batman how the hell does this Batman remotely work with Millers prevous works

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understood how All Star fit with Year One and TDKR

with Year One Batman is a rookie just coming back from his travels ready to take on the evils of Gotham but he iscalm and focused. Does he makes mistakes yes but he continues to push himself to become better.

TDKR we see Batman as vetern a man who has seen it all who dosnt flich in the face of danger but his is also more trusting he let Carrie Kelly become robin with pretty easily. He also is a little prideful going toe to toe with a much younger foe and gets his ass kicked for his trouble and yet again shows he makes mistakes but he owns thos mistakes and becomes better for them

Then comes All Star whose Batman thinks he is always right never makes any mistakes and is self aggrandizing, narcissisitic, pedofile, and all around sociopath oh and a complete moron. thou really thos could be used to discribe everyone in this comic so if this Batman isnt some crazy double pertending to be Batman how the hell does this Batman remotely work with Millers prevous works

Because Miller always goes under the theory that Batman is the real person and Bruce and Bruce Wayne are suits he uses.

Once you notice this makes no sense, you notice this.

In other words Miller Batman is insane Batman that has nothing to control it.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Thats BS one i see Bruce as the mask and Batman as the his real idenity and i hate All Star

also Millers other two Batman stories disprove your argument

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Because you fail to notice Batman has emotions in the comics that are only explain by having Bruce, here since he is Batman, he has no emotions since he has not human part.

There is a theory going on that Miller just simply hates Modern Batman, he and Frank Miller hate this dark age of comics, Moore has even said he feels guilty about it, there is a theory that Miller did it to make fun of Modern Batman, since it looks to be more insane that his past Batman.

I posted that a long time ago, i think in my first year in here.

For me at least he is a joke of how this Dark Age is actually a Dork Age.

He take away the good aspect of his comic and made the bad ones bigger.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: "Because you fail to notice Batman has emotions in the comics that are only explain by having Bruce" give me an example

"here since he is Batman, he has no emotions since he has not human part" Just becuase he is Batman dosnt mean he dosnt have human emotions

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: "Because you fail to notice Batman has emotions in the comics that are only explain by having Bruce" give me an example

"here since he is Batman, he has no emotions since he has not human part" Just becuase he is Batman dosnt mean he dosnt have human emotions

Crying after reading a letter from his father Thomas Wayne.

Only humans have human emotions, like alien have aliens emotions, Batman is not a human for the same he dont have human emotions.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Bump :'3

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be awesome. I am even thinking his story. I think that he could have got a Batmobile that Batman thought that It was destroyed but It wasn't. The car also has some of the gadgets that Batman has, so that would be the way that Crazy Steve gets the gadgets and the batmobile.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no lie, I have a great story about this book.

So a few years back when I turned 18, (I'm Canadian so you can drink in Quebec at 18) me and a friend of mine went to some bar that had a book store right next to it. After a few drinks, me and my buddy decided to go there and see if they had any comics. Low and behold, they had a great selection of paperbacks and graphic novels. So I bought All Star Batman and Robin for $10, not realizing what it was or who wrote it. We got back to the bar and we started reading it and we were laughing our asses off the whole time. We thought we were too drunk and we were seeing dialogue that wasn't there. We actually got kicked out because we were laughing too hard and reading the quotes too loudly. The other people in the bar seemed to find it funny but the staff certainly didn't.

Good times.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be awesome. I am even thinking his story. I think that he could have got a Batmobile that Batman thought that It was destroyed but It wasn't. The car also has some of the gadgets that Batman has, so that would be the way that Crazy Steve gets the gadgets and the batmobile.

A hobo Batmobile, broken but still working.

I would love that idea, also it explain where he got the costume.

Jyger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By Jyger85

@thebhramabull: Thats why i said Crazy Steve and explain being a crazy hobo that belives he is Batman and acting like Miller version of Batman, more like his late version, that is really really to balls to the walls to make any sense.

And face the current Batman for not being Batman enough.

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

I get it Bonkers Betty.

No Caption Provided

Glad to see you liked my poster. http://jyger85.deviantart.com/art/Bonkers-Betty-Poster-381663610

Also, thank God, Linkara's reviewing ASBAR #9 at the top of the year, which means there's only one more to go afterward, so we can put this crap behind us.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to bump this one.

So how would you like this to happen.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: Someone else who dislikes his material? Glad I'm not alone on that opinion.

It could work if adapted properly.

Scenario: Batman: Insert Subtitle Here is a brand new hit show on the tele, the writers and people behind the show are at a table brainstorming ideas

guy 1: Okay people, we just finished season 1 of Batman: Insert Subtitle Here and season 2's been green-lit.

cheering

guy 2: There's a problem though in the season 1 finale, Bane broke Batman's back. How are we going to follow that up?

guy 3: Batman's back is magically better?

guy 1 hits guy 3

guy 1: You're an idiot, everyone's expecting that. We need to do something dangerous, something out there, something bizarre.

guy 3: Like Bizarro?

guy 1 hits guy 3

guy 1: Yeah but he's a Superman villain.

guy 4: There is Batzarro.

guy 1: That's stupid. We need to do something bold and gritty like Frank Miller

guy 2: Yeah but the power of the Internet has convinced everyone that Miller's a hack.

guy 1: Don't remind me of the goddamn Batman, it might have come out of nowhere but it was horrible and scarred the character forever.

guy 4: What if Batzarro was the goddamn Batman and took his place without anyone being aware that it's someone else?

guy 1: I'm sorry I ignored you. Someone give this man a raise! Okay so what's our plan for our season 2 opener of Batman: Insert Subtitle Here?

guy 2: Bruce Wayne is healing from his fight with Bane and is too injured to fight so he's sent his wards to scope Gotham but they aren't doing well and their vigilantism is causing more crime than fixing it. Suddenly, Batman has been spotted yet Bruce is still healing. To not cause any trouble, the wards decide to play along with the doppelganger in order to find out his true motives.

Or something like that.

Avatar image for readerofanything
readerofanything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By readerofanything

I'm surprised someone wrote Batman getting into a one page panel of Batman beating a crazed man in a Batman suit with a kidnapped orphan. It seems like the perfect way for someone to poke fun at the book. I'd buy a comic book of Batman beating crazy Steve regardless.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ironspiderchan45
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points