Sheldon wants to play the Riddler

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As long as he gives a performance that is nothing like Sheldon, I'd be open to it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

You changed it. The title said "to black".......I was wondering what the heck that meant. :p

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@saint_wildcard: why not doug walker I bet doug walker aka nostalgia critic can make a good riddler

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@dernman said:

You changed it. The title said "to black".......I was wondering what the heck that meant. :p

Yeah... I don't know what I was thinking to make that typo

@saint_wildcard: why not doug walker I bet doug walker aka nostalgia critic can make a good riddler

First of all, this isn't confirmed. Many actors wanna play things, doens't mean they will. Second, NC is not a legit actor any way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Transformers1024

I'd love it.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonez_

And you thought Jim Carrey was a /flamboyant/ Riddler...

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks the part.

Beata

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I could see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeesh, that would be bad. If we're talking about actors from CBS sitcoms that could play the Riddler, I'd say Neil Patrick Harris would do a damn good job. He would nail the cockiness and overall persona of the Riddler.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

He'd be really good in my opinion.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Yeesh, that would be bad. If we're talking about actors from CBS sitcoms that could play the Riddler, I'd say Neil Patrick Harris would do a damn good job. He would nail the cockiness and overall persona of the Riddler.

Huh... I can see that. I wonder who Batfleck will chose to fight him, cus let's be honest, he's going to direct the Batman movies.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

@playswithsquirrels said:

Huh... I can see that. I wonder who Batfleck will chose to fight him, cus let's be honest, he's going to direct the Batman movies.

I feel confident Deadshot will be in it in some capacity. I wonder where the Joker will fit in, it doesn't seem right that he would be the main villain in the next Batman solo. I'm sort of expecting a lot more interconnectivity from the DCCU compared to the MCU, the BvS just seems to be setting the tone for that Still hoping for a Green Lantern/Flash in 2020. I just started writing a script for that actually, lol.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can see it

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta say even though he looks the part, I feel it would be a total disaster.

I'm on the boat that thinks Leo DiCaprio would give a killer Riddler performance.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Steve Buscemi would make a great Joker.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon Cryer best choice for Riddler :D

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

We've already had a goofy version of the Riddler it would be nice to get a more serious version who can actually get some respect for the character.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesse Eisenberg would have been good riddler.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main casting of The Big Bang theory its made of very limited actors that cant go beyond the character, they cant control their character from becoming cartoons of themselves, this shows not only poor writing decision, but also shows actors that can go beyond the material, the skill of a great actor.

Amy,Sheldon,Penny and Leonard are what its wrong with the show, so do their actors.

Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar have show better skills all over the seasons, not because of the writing, but because of their skills.

The show start going down the hill because they put all the focus in the weaker and more boring people in the show.

No Caption Provided
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I saw the movie, again people got too much into the subject, people should watch the movie as it was and watch the performances as they were.

Its like saying Matt Bomer should play Batman.

He was better in that one, but still to play a character like The Riddler would need him to go for more.

Also Martin Freeman should be The Riddler.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

@deathpoolthet1000: Nothing to do with the subject, I thought he gave a good performance and would do a good job as the Riddler. It's not the same at all, I've seen nothing from him suggesting he could pull off Batman, not all actors are chameleons like Daniel Day Lewis or Gary Oldman. Martin Freeman? He doesn't suit the role at all in my opinion, he plays the everyman in every role he's in.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Fargo, also you need to see more things from this type of actors, they get type casted based on their more famous role.

Also, people want him to play Sheldon as The Riddler, this its called type casting.

The same reason they want Neil Patrick Harris or David Tennant.

Heath Ledger its the example of why casting against type casting its the best direction.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@deathpoolthet1000: I've only seen the first episode of Fargo, but he seemed like another everyman in that too. Heath Ledger was a character actor before getting the Joker, he had no type, it's a poor comparison in my opinion.

There are some actors who basically play the same role in every film they are in, Morgan Freeman, Clint Eastwood etc Seeing a character can play a role similar to the character can be helpful in that case. It's type-casting, but in these cases, it's appropriate.

Then there's Russel Crowe, Daniel Day Lewis, Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp etc who can play anything and you can basically cast as anybody.

From everything I've seen with Freeman; the Hobbit, Sherlock, the Office, Cornetto trilogy etc, he's one of the former.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I've only seen the first episode of Fargo, but he seemed like another everyman in that too. Heath Ledger was a character actor before getting the Joker, he had no type, it's a poor comparison in my opinion.

There are some actors who basically play the same role in every film they are in, Morgan Freeman, Clint Eastwood etc Seeing a character can play a role similar to the character can be helpful in that case. It's type-casting, but in these cases, it's appropriate.

Then there's Russel Crowe, Daniel Day Lewis, Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp etc who can play anything and you can basically cast as anybody.

From everything I've seen with Freeman; the Hobbit, Sherlock, the Office, Cornetto trilogy etc, he's one of the former.

Thats not what a character actors is.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

Thats not what a character actors is.

Was it you or somebody else I had a debate with over this? I forget. A character actor is somebody who can play a wide variety of definitively distinguishable roles, if you don't agree, that's fine, I don't want a debate over it.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By OrangeBat

Yeah, no...I've watched some stuff with him in it besides The Big Bang Theory, and it seems like he just plays slightly different variations of Sheldon Cooper every time.

Neil Patrick Harris would get my vote.

Although honestly, I don't want Riddler. And I've got the uneasy feeling that most of these actors clamoring to play the Riddler just view him as another flavor of the Joker, and intend to play him that way. And if there's one thing you can do to the Riddler that is an absolute no-no, it's to play him as Joker Lite. Call me paranoid, but that's my gut feeling.

I'm gonna throw a weird choice out there. Clayface. Most people with some familiarity with Batman are aware of him, but he's not so well-defined and established that you can't go much further with him than with other villains.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RustyRoy

DCCU already has 3 Batvillains to choose from - Deadshot, Harley and Joker, if you count Deathstroke then that's four. I'd rather see these guys in the first two movies, Riddler should be saved for later IMO. I think Parsons can do a good job but I want Mark Gatiss as Riddler.

Mich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mich

I would love to see him in this role

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By TheDandyMan

Not sure if he could do the whole villain thing very well without coming off as a bit corny.