• 162 results
#1 Posted by GWHH (576 posts) - - Show Bio

Selina Kyle OR Talia al Ghul Who Should Bruce Marry?

Pro and cons of each women on who Bruce should marry and why!

#2 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is Bruce is only interested in sex and not marriage. Talia and Bruce are not compatible bec. both are fanatical in different ways like fundamentalists belonging to different religions.

#3 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce should never marry, but if he had to for story's sake Selina has always been the obvious choice for me.

#4 Posted by tupiaz (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Bruce should never marry, but if he had to for story's sake Selina has always been the obvious choice for me.

This.

@colonyofcells said:

My guess is Bruce is only interested in sex and not marriage. Talia and Bruce are not compatible bec. both are fanatical in different ways like fundamentalists belonging to different religions.

Bruce is a man of serious relationship this is clearly seen in for instance Hush. where he thinks about what Selina can do for him in a relationship matter and not only for his ego, being a playboy or getting sex. It is more than that,

#5 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

no marriage for bruce right now!

#6 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Bruce will ever get married tbh. Whenever he starts to mature and build a relationship it's thrown by the wayside for some reason or another. I would think Talia would make sense due to Damian but then again they're on completely opposite sides. At least Catwoman's more like an antihero than a villain.

#7 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

Restricting batman's manliness to a single woman would put the world in peril.

#8 Posted by tupiaz (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

@gettogaara said:

I don't think Bruce will ever get married tbh. Whenever he starts to mature and build a relationship it's thrown by the wayside for some reason or another. I would think Talia would make sense due to Damian but then again they're on completely opposite sides. At least Catwoman's more like an antihero than a villain.

Talia hasn't exactly shown interest in raising Damian with Bruce.

#9 Edited by JakeN7 (12441 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@gettogaara said:

I don't think Bruce will ever get married tbh. Whenever he starts to mature and build a relationship it's thrown by the wayside for some reason or another. I would think Talia would make sense due to Damian but then again they're on completely opposite sides.

Talia hasn't exactly shown interest in raising Damian with Bruce.

Is anyone reading Batman Incorporated? Talia is literally trying to kill Damian and has a hit out on his head. Of course Talia wouldn't be the wisest choice over Selina. She's a terrible mother...she hasn't shown an interest in raising Damian with Bruce since Grant Morrison first introduced the character in the Batman and Son story arc.

@gettogaara said:

At least Catwoman's more like an antihero than a villain.

I wouldn't even go that far...she really hasn't done anything in the least bit villainous in the New 52, and she's been an established part of the Bat-Family ever since Batman: Hush back in 2006. She has her own title, and Joker even came after her in the Death of the Family arc which consisted of two issues of her own tie-ins. Jason Todd/Red Hood is way more of an antihero than Catwoman is and he still abstains from killing when teaming up with other members of the Bat-Family.

Just look at how good they are together!
And don't forget what they're marriage produces...
#10 Posted by BatWatch (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care for either in the romance department because they are both criminals. If we were talking about pre-Flashpoint Selinal, then I can see that one working. I would say Bats has more chemistry with Catwoman.

@JakeN7:

Regarding Talia putting a hit out on Damian, sure that might be a tad harsh, but it's Damian. How would you discipline him. (tongue in cheek)

Regarding Catwoman, what the heck are you talking about. Selina has been stealing things all throughout the DCNU. Theft it a criminal act!

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

#11 Posted by JakeN7 (12441 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch said:

I don't really care for either in the romance department because they are both criminals. If we were talking about pre-Flashpoint Selinal, then I can see that one working. I would say Bats has more chemistry with Catwoman.

@JakeN7:

Regarding Talia putting a hit out on Damian, sure that might be a tad harsh, but it's Damian. How would you discipline him. (tongue in cheek)

Regarding Catwoman, what the heck are you talking about. Selina has been stealing things all throughout the DCNU. Theft it a criminal act!

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

Yeah it's a street level, humanly possible, criminal act. But I wouldn't say it's villainous especially in Comic Book terms. She is definitely a hero and not an antihero. Has everyone forgot she's going to be a member of the Justice League!?

Yeah...just look at what an evil villain Catwoman is
#12 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Selina....

Read Batman:Hush...

Drops mic and walks away

#13 Posted by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them....... He needs someone to make him sane not drive him mad. If he had to marry someone then it should be Zatanna or any normal girl with no criminal record.

#14 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio
@RustyRoy said:

None of them....... He needs someone to make him sane not drive him mad. If he had to marry someone then it should be Zatanna or any normal girl with no criminal record.

#15 Posted by darkman61288 (741 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely Catwoman but I Zatanna or Black Canary or Wonder Woman would better for him. The New 52 Selina is unappealing to me so is Talia

#16 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10812 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

As much as i like Zatanna, she loves Bruce Wayne not Batman.

Talia loves Batman not Bruce Wayne.

Selina is the only one that is in love of Bruce Wayne and Batman, that means is the only one that loves him as a complete person and not only parts of him.

#17 Posted by BlackWind (6342 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce's true love is Gotham City. Not Selina. Not Talia. And for damn sure not Wonder Woman.

/thread.

#18 Posted by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@RustyRoy said:

Selina is the only one that is in love of Bruce Wayne and Batman, that means is the only one that loves him as a complete person and not only parts of him.

What are you saying? Zatanna's one few who knows who the actual Bruce is and she can actually make him come out of his shell not to mention they've known each other from the childhood. And Selina seems too much unstable. If not Zatanna then any superhero or normal girl who can make him a little bit sane and trusting,someone like Mary Jane(To bad she's in Marvel). In my opinion,if Clark was a girl then he'd be perfect for Bruce.

#19 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10812 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy: They know each other from childhood, before he was Batman, their relationship start as Bruce Wayne, not as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

And Batman is sane, he as sane as a fireman or a cop, and less insane that other heroes that people belive are sane.

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: I know he's sane,don't know why I said that.

#21 Posted by wessaari (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@RustyRoy said:

this

#22 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Selina Kyle. Bruce said that he doesnt love Talia anymore

#23 Posted by utkanflash (439 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like Thalia..Selina more matchfull for Bruce...They look good together but..Actually ı want Zatanna with Batsy

#24 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Selina would be the better in my opinion. Batman and Catwoman have just always seemed like a great match.

#25 Edited by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: Well yeah, she's even got that hit out on him now lol. I was just saying that maybe he would be able to bring them together but now that I had some time to think about it, there's too much bad blood between the two at this point.

@JakeN7: I was mostly thinking of Catwoman from pre new 52 but it's true, other than stealing she hasn't really done anything wrong. I've got to be honest though that last issue made very little sense to me.

#26 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

In Batman inc 6, batman says that he loved Talia but now she is a villian and he says that she is not been herself

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce shouldn't get married but if he has to date someone the obvious choice is Selina.

#28 Posted by sungod88 (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Selina would be the most probable option because they seem to give eachother balance. I think wonder women, while not likely would be a good fit for him in both lives. I could see the 2 of them in love and being healthy together. Talia is just plan fucking crazy and to much like her father so no not at all. Zatanna I feel that relationship would fall with her not being able to handle both his lives especially with the obvious obsessions he shows. Black Cannary would be the same situation as WW except a little more normal, she would be like a inbetween of WW and Selina.

#29 Edited by wessaari (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Selina: Pros- Fits and challenges Bruce's personality. Cares for Bruce, and Bruce has shown that he can reciprocate those feelings. Has a chance of redemption, which she has shown, which Bruce desires for her. She is the mother of his child, Helena, in Earth 2 and although it seems they are dysfunctional, they do care for each other.

Cons- She is very independent, which leads her back to her life of crime. Her cravings for acting out can drive Bruce away. She will not be a typical bride, and could leave Bruce if he isn't on the same emotional level as hers.

Talia: Pros - Mother of his child, Damian. Has shown deep affection for Bruce/Batman, arguably more so than Selina.

Cons - Has shown no attempts to leave her life of crime. Has put a hit on Damian, and is ready to kill either Bruce or Damian. Bruce has said she isnt herself, and that he once loved her but doesnt anymore.

Selina is the better of the two in my opinion.

#30 Posted by Dernman (15090 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Batman ends up alone.

#31 Edited by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Never marry, not until he quits Batmanning. But Selina's always been his girl. BUT I would be quite content if he ended up with WW or Zatanna.

#32 Posted by nightwing737 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

If he did get married I think he should marry Selina Kyle.

#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

Selina, no question.

#34 Posted by knightofthechronicle (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Talia is crazy and Catwoman can be unpredictable. Out of that, I'd still say Catwoman

#35 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman is the better choice over Talia. Talia is a fanatic, etc. However, Selina would never really settle down I don't think. She's too much of a free spirit.

#36 Posted by consolemaster001 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

no marriage for bruce right now!

He's in his late 30s/early 40s. Also i think selina is a good choice

#37 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Talia put a hit on their child, from Damian's own words was a crap parent overall, is trying to destroy Bruce's city because she's mad Damian chose to live with him, possibly drugged Bruce, and is in essence throwing one long temper tantrum.

Selina, Batman Hush.

I think that's all that needs to be said.

#38 Posted by ImmortalOne (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to be the guy who comes and says Wonder Woman.

#39 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Im behind you on this onw, he needs a strong woman :P

#40 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

in batman hush there was some mind control thing

#41 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Talia, no one else has been closer to winning bruces heart than her. Selina offends me, we already have Poison Ivy doing the seductive act, we dont need another seductress like selina, she offends me because she never acts serious, always is like a playful cat.

#42 Posted by darkman61288 (741 posts) - - Show Bio

I am getting kind of bored of both girls, which is weird because I still love the Superman/ Lois lane pairing.

#43 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288 said:

I am getting kind of bored of both girls, which is weird because I still love the Superman/ Lois lane pairing.

Difference with that one is that it hasn't gone off the rails like the Bruce/Talia pairing has, and it always gets mad love unlike the Bruce/Selina pairing. No matter who they're ever with in the comics, in the main universe and most others, it's always agreed that Clark and Lois are meant to be together. One true love and all that. None of Batman's relationships have that, which is why there's so much debate about it.

#44 Posted by Primebonnick (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm all for polygamy why not both but i really wanted him to be with wonder woman sigh oh well

#45 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should marry Talia since Talia seems to have more money.

#46 Posted by DcMarvelUnity (56 posts) - - Show Bio

So I just looked on Wikipedia and Talia outright killed Damien!???

I hate it when they pull crap like that. But I guess our question has been answered. The rodent will be tamed by the feline.

#47 Posted by lifeofvibe (3485 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

Selina...unless the Joker continues with his Bat-fetish and ends up somehow marrying Batman :P

#49 Posted by Knightfall225 (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

He should marry Zatana. He has more history with her than the other 2.

#50 Posted by darkman61288 (741 posts) - - Show Bio