KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KraytRawk
No Caption Provided

Recently browsing this site, i came across a thread about the new justice league movie, and possible (or desirable) candidates for the iconic and beloved heroes. Threads like this interest me greatly, due to the fact that i love hearing peoples opinions, this caused me to lurk for a while. More than a few people posted their list - some great, some . . . horrible- but the one name that kept popping up was Ryan Gosling.(mostly for Batman.) And i couldn't help but think, Oh god why!? Do people really think this is a good choice?

First of all, yeah sure, Ryan Gosling is as pretty boy like Bruce Wayne, but that's not enough in my opinion. And yes, we've seen Ryan's "Darkseid" (HA!) in Drive, but we've already gotten these thing from bale, and it would be absolute torture (for me at least) to sit through 2 1/2 hours of Gosling trying to talk tough from underneath that cowl that is oh too good for him. I think that its time for a new type of Cinematic Batman, less "sexy" and more "intimidating," and i just don't think that Ryan fits the mold.

So, come on cv/batman, tell me what you think. What kind of Batman are you looking for? Do you agree with me, or do you think I'm being an idiot. If so, why?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is pretty and blonde....despite his acting chops, I don't think he is a good fit for a revamped bruce wayne. Besides, I want a slightly older Batman....late 30's, early 40's.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would make for a better Dick Grayson.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kraytrawk: who know why why WHY they would even concider ryan gosling ITS HORRIBLE IDEA

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

I could see him as maybe Nightwing or Roy Harper but not Batman

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By cameron83

I could see him as maybe Nightwing or Roy Harper but not Batman

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I see him more as a Flash, or Guy Gardner, maybe even Green Arrow but not Batman.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

All you pepole are on drugs, Gosling should play Aquaman,

__Hesperus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan Gosling is a terrific actor. Key word being actor. Just because he hasn't played a similar character before doesn't mean he isn't capable. I have full faith in his ability to play Batman if he was cast in the role. I understand the concern that, at first glance, he appears to be more of a Nightwing, because he's fairly 'skinny', but as we have seen in multiple superhero movies, the main actor is capable of bulking up for the role.

Personally I want an actor who is capable of accurately portraying the tortured, fairly tragic character that is Batman and I feel Gosling is capable of that.

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KraytRawk

@muyjingo: YES! i want a seasoned Batman for the reboot. An older, grizzly, unshaven, tactical mastermind.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I want people to stop saying Ryan Gosling is a good actor. He's not. Pretty =/= Talented. He might -- MIGHT -- be able pull off a character like Roy Harper (if it was a lower-angst Roy like in RHatO). But Batman, Nightwing? No. Not a f***ing chance. Joy has spoken.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would be a better Aquaman that Batman actually.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

What wait ?

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Knightfall225

Batman has to be a playboy so he has to be attrqctive...... but he also needs to be intemidating so y nit just use joe manganello he is tall and big af pzlus ladies seem to like him he is around 36 years old as well but by making.batman less attractive it wuld destroy of how ppl view bruce wayne playboy billionare from gotham

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__hesperus__: I'd honestly prefer a slightly older Batman but that's more because I'd like to see Robin in the next movie and it would look kind of weird if Batman wasn't much older than Robin who I assume if he makes it into a new movie would probably be around 16 at the youngest.

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

I want people to stop saying Ryan Gosling is a good actor. He's not. Pretty =/= Talented. He might -- MIGHT -- be able pull off a character like Roy Harper (if it was a lower-angst Roy like in RHatO). But Batman, Nightwing? No. Not a f***ing chance. Joy has spoken.

See that's the thing, i DO think he is a decent actor. Just, IMHO, is a strange choice for any of these. I guess its just his popularity, and recent success that has put him up there on peoples list.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@joygirl: thank you . :)

if he gets the role im waiting for the reboot .

__Hesperus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Obviously if we were casting for an older Batman I would have a different choice. There are tons of people who could play an old, grizzled Batman VERY well, but I think the reality is that isn't what we're going to get. We're going to get a guy who is just starting out as Batman after being inspired by the Man of Steel. With that in mind, I think Gosling is the best choice out of the age range we're looking for. Maaaaybe Bradley Cooper, but I've seen more range from Gosling.

__Hesperus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: After only seeing him in a couple of romcoms, I thought the same. Then a friend made me watch 'Lars and the Real Girl' and wow. That is the movie I will forever point to as reason for my faith in his acting ability. Don't let the fact that he is typecast as the romantic pretty boy fool you, the man has talent.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Ryan Gosling is too established to be a superhero.

These movies are proven to work when they get good actors who haven't had too much exposure. Maybe even a no name. I mean think about it. And you could say this applies for Bale and RDJ as Bale was mostly having indie fame until Batman Begins and Downey was gone for a long while until making his comeback as Iron Man.

__Hesperus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: I guess I could agree with that, though I don't think it's quite as simple as that. The problem is, when you do this sort of 'I think this guy should play this superhero' thing you are limited to the actors that are already famous, because you and everyone else actually know who they are. You can only pick from the actors you've seen, so naturally everyone picks the really famous ones they've seen in lots of different movies.

Still, whether or not he would be cast/it would be good for the movie etc. I still feel he is capable of playing the role.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@muyjingo: The LAST thing we need is an older Batman. We need a Batman who can stand the test of time. A Batman who we can follow through more than one or two movies before it looking like hes physically incapable of playing him. If we get a 40 year old Batman in the first movie by the time there's a second and a Justice League series he could be in his 50s. I want a Batman who we can see develop. Plus having a Batman so much older than Superman seems wrong. The perfect age for the new Batman would be late 20's to early 30s

The_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

I think Jon Hamm is a better fit for Batman

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd prefer Fassbender for Bats.. And Gosling? Booster Gold perhaps?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MuyJingo

@joshmightbe: Obviously if we were casting for an older Batman I would have a different choice. There are tons of people who could play an old, grizzled Batman VERY well, but I think the reality is that isn't what we're going to get. We're going to get a guy who is just starting out as Batman after being inspired by the Man of Steel.

Ugh, I really hope not. I hope they go the route that Batman has been operating for a while already but is considered a myth.

@joygirl: After only seeing him in a couple of romcoms, I thought the same. Then a friend made me watch 'Lars and the Real Girl' and wow. That is the movie I will forever point to as reason for my faith in his acting ability. Don't let the fact that he is typecast as the romantic pretty boy fool you, the man has talent.

Lars and the real girl, and Drive are both amazing. I think the guy is talented, but is isn't acting ability alone that defines how well an actor fit a role. For other reasons I can't necessarily articulate, I don't think Gosling is right for the role. Would he do a good job? Sure, but I think there are better choices.

@extremis: I guess I could agree with that, though I don't think it's quite as simple as that. The problem is, when you do this sort of 'I think this guy should play this superhero' thing you are limited to the actors that are already famous, because you and everyone else actually know who they are. .

Well yeah, but no need to choose from A, or even B list celebrities. There are many talented actors in less popular tv shows and movies that havent gotten exposure. When I made my fancast, I went out of my way to choose actors that were not known, or would be an unexpected choice. I think it's important when doing a new take on a character.

@noj said:

@muyjingo: The LAST thing we need is an older Batman. We need a Batman who can stand the test of time. A Batman who we can follow through more than one or two movies before it looking like hes physically incapable of playing him. If we get a 40 year old Batman in the first movie by the time there's a second and a Justice League series he could be in his 50s. I want a Batman who we can see develop. Plus having a Batman so much older than Superman seems wrong. The perfect age for the new Batman would be late 20's to early 30s

Who said 40? I'd be fine with an early/mid thirties batman. I want a Batman in his prime, I don't want a Batman who is just starting out, making mistakes, still learning. 35 seems like a good age, as he would have been Batman for 10 years already. Keep in mind, movie magic can make any aging of the actor less apparent.

__Hesperus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: In terms of age, you realise Gosling is over 30 right?

Anyway, I think it basically comes down to how you imagine the character. The way I read and understand the character of Batman is different to your interpretation, and that's fine. I can see Gosling playing the character as I imagine him, and you cannot, clearly because we each believe a different aspect of the character to be the most important characteristic. What's great about comics is that we get to see the same character written by many different people, each of whom will focus on something different, and each of us see something different in the story. The problem with movies is you are limited to one vision of the character, that of the director/actor.

Basically, to each their own, you've reasoned your case better than me and I see no reason to argue for the sake of it, haha (also, I'm tired, so I bid thee farewell)

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted

Older? I would say Gerard Butler, or Clive Owen or even David Boreanaz (Booth from BONES, Angel the Vampire) maybe?

no, maybe not David... but whatever

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshmightbe

@__hesperus__: I don't want Superman to be what inspires Batman, that would actually be kind of disrespectful to their established dynamic, Batman should be a partner not a fan.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Gosling's a phenomenal actor, but definitely not the right fit for Batman.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__hesperus__: I don't want Superman to be what inspires Batman, that would actually be kind of disrespectful to their established dynamic, Batman should be a partner not a fan.

i think you may have read more into that remark than was written (poorly worded as it was)

@joshmightbe: Obviously if we were casting for an older Batman I would have a different choice. There are tons of people who could play an old, grizzled Batman VERY well, but I think the reality is that isn't what we're going to get. We're going to get a guy who is just starting out as Batman after being inspired by the Man of Steel. With that in mind, I think Gosling is the best choice out of the age range we're looking for. Maaaaybe Bradley Cooper, but I've seen more range from Gosling.

though I may be wrong..

I think _hesperus_ was trying to call to point the rebooting aspect of a new Batman, not any fanboy aspect (like Batman went in to watch Man of Steel and got inspired? not likely)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

He's a pretty good actor but I can't see him as Batman.

__Hesperus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By __Hesperus__

@mynamewasdeleted: Yeah, you got it right, lol

@joshmightbe: I agree, but as I said, I'm just being realistic. Haven't read any if the New 52, but I had heard that Superman was the first superhero and inspired everyone else. DC are probably gonna want the movies to follow that, no?

Could be mistaken about that, but yeah, Gosling is basically my first choice because of the direction I think the next Batman film will probably go, not the direction I WANT it to go :P

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he could make a great Batman.

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he could be a good Batman. Ryan is a pretty talented actor judging from the movies I have seen him in.

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeathSamurai

He should be Barry Allen duh.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RustyRoy

Agreed, if they do that I'll kill Goyer.

On topic, I think Gosling can pull off both Bruce Wayne and Batman but there are better actors for Batman than him. Although I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him as Bats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosling shouldn't be playing any superheroes.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Why?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Why?

Because he is Ryan Gosling.

Now that I think of it he could make a good Daredevil.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Why?

Because he is Ryan Gosling.

Now that I think of it he could make a good Daredevil.

Sorry I don't understand what you're saying.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Luke Evans could play the role. Gosling doesn't look Batmanish enough for me.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cooper isn't a bad choice at all for Bruce Wayne but can he pull off Batman?

jleesuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want oldschool... someone who looks like they had the mileage to become Batman... my vote is Josh Brolin. ( as a older Batman ) He did awesome in Gangster Squad. As a younger Batman... Arson Mount, Richard Armitage, .... or keep looking. One thing about Snyder he is always pushing for perfection...he'll pick a good Batman.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Breadspread

Great actor, but I can't see this... but strange casting has paid off in the past, so never say never.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By fodigg

Gosling comes up for a lot of male roles as a suggestion because he's incredibly talented. Sometimes that's all it really takes. Shocking I know.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By flameboy298

I can see Him as Flash or someone else in the DC world I can't really see him as Bruce I mean if he can pull it off sweet but Him being Bruce is like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for me

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan Gosling is pretty much the new version of George Clooney soooooooooooo...........

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MuyJingo

Eric Bana.

He isn't a popular choice so people wouldn't have expectations going into the movie. He could make the role his own.

He has the physique. He can play the playboy aspect perfect, and be dark, brooding and intimidating as Batman.