• 55 results
#51 Posted by RustyRoy (13523 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to read either:

1. Batman and the Outsiders

2. Batman: The Brave and the Bold

3. Bruce Wayne: Origins (showcasing Batman training and learning for the solid amount of time that he did, and his adventures)

I'd love to read a Bruce Wayne origin story(I'd prefer if it takes place in Pre-N52 instead of New 52 but I'd be okay with it too). Anyway Snyder is doing something like that, which writer do you think should write the series? I prefer Morrison or Fraction or Waid. Dini will be great too.

#52 Posted by viin (651 posts) - - Show Bio

too many bat books lets see something different

#53 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncleemu said:

@thejman251 yeah, what writers and arcs?

- John's run on Green Lantern was pretty good as was Lobdell's run on RHATO(save the crossover and a couple of issues and descisions).

#54 Edited by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@batshrine said:

I would love to read either:

1. Batman and the Outsiders

2. Batman: The Brave and the Bold

3. Bruce Wayne: Origins (showcasing Batman training and learning for the solid amount of time that he did, and his adventures)

I'd love to read a Bruce Wayne origin story(I'd prefer if it takes place in Pre-N52 instead of New 52 but I'd be okay with it too). Anyway Snyder is doing something like that, which writer do you think should write the series? I prefer Morrison or Fraction or Waid. Dini will be great too.

Ya I know Snyder is tackling it but I would love an on going series about it instead of 11 issues. And most of the training segments will be in the back ups anyway. But as far as who would right it, I personally would have a lot of fun if Waid did it. He is a spectacular writer, and Dini would have fun with this too. Morrison would do to many references to old comics and some would be fun, but I would worry that it would get convoluted.

#55 Posted by RustyRoy (13523 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: I'd love it too if they make it an ongoing. And I think Morrison will be as good as Dini or Waid. He's references to the old comics are actually fun and witty.

#56 Edited by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Ya I guess my issue with Morrison is more that his endings fall flat in comparison to the stories. And I would also be worried that as his stories go on they get more twisted and confusing, so that people just can't jump on to the point of when Batman trained in Burkina Faso without being lost and confused. He is an amazing writer though and would probably weave and amazing pre Batman tale.