• 55 results
#1 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know that Batman Inc. will end with issue #13 and it will probably be replaced by a new Batrelated title. So I wanted to know which title would you guys like to see it get replaced with? But remember it has to be a Batman related character (Robins, Outsiders etc.).

Anyway Here's what I like to see :

1. Batman 666 AU by Morrison. (an alternate timeline where Damian is the Batman)
  2. Batman and Nightwing by Matt Fraction.
  3. Batman and the Outsiders by Justin Jordan. (or simply Outsiders)
  4. Batman : Brave and the Bold by Mark Waid/Justin Jordan. (where Batman teams up with other DC characters)
  5. Robins by Peter Tomasi. (featuring Nightwing, Red Hood and Tim Drake)

I'd like any of this titles to replace Batman Inc.

Note : This is just a wish list, not a official list so don't comment if you don't like the idea, there are plenty of other threads that you might like.

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Bats ?

#3 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11733 posts) - - Show Bio

3 and 4 are good for me

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this idea may be revolutionary but how about we give a book without Bat, Super or Green in the title a shot.

#5 Posted by roboadmiral (513 posts) - - Show Bio

I always much prefered Batman and the Outsiders to Batman Inc. It made more sense for Batman to have a covert team and/or network than a public organization.

#6 Posted by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

Already too many Batman books -_-

#7 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this idea may be revolutionary but how about we give a book without Bat, Super or Green in the title a shot.

There are plenty of books without Bat,Super or Green on them but unfortunately they don't sell that well and get cancelled. And nobody knows which book will replace Batman Inc. I made this thread because I wanted to know what other bat books or characters people will like to read about.

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

But they do sell better than other books which means people like to read them and you give people what they want. And its not like they are gonna replace it with another Batbook, I'm just saying if they do replace it with a batbook which one will you like to read.

#9 Posted by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@teerack said:

But they do sell better than other books which means people like to read them and you give people what they want. And its not like they are gonna replace it with another Batbook, I'm just saying if they do replace it with a batbook which one will you like to read.

They only sell better because people buy the name not the quality. It's why they changed the creative team on Detective Comics and didn't cancel it when all it got was negative feed back. People still will still buy it even thought it was crap because of the title.

#10 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: And what's wrong with that? People have different tastes, maybe they like crap stories. You don't like it then don't read it.

#11 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Please make happen

Batman and Nightwing.

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

Please make happen

Batman and Nightwing.

Who do you think should write it? I think Fraction will do a great job but he's on Marvel.

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

What needs to happen is that when Inc ends the book's slot is taken up by something that isn't Batman.

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

What needs to happen is that when Inc ends the book's slot is taken up by something that isn't Batman.

It doesn't have to be just Batman, just Batman related like Azrael.

#15 Posted by SupBatz (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see another DC Universe Presents sort of book. But one that showcases villain characters rather than heroes.

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

I'd like to see another DC Universe Presents sort of book. But one that showcases villain characters rather than heroes.

Nice idea, which ones would you like to see first?

#17 Posted by SupBatz (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@supbatz said:

Hm. I'd like to see something centered around Poison Ivy or Bane. And I also think it'd be cool to see something Black Manta-centric. So they'd probably be the first three I'd want to see.

#18 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (13903 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Secret Six back. Suicide Squad is meh in my eyes.

#19 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@rustyroy said:

@supbatz said:

Hm. I'd like to see something centered around Poison Ivy or Bane. And I also think it'd be cool to see something Black Manta-centric. So they'd probably be the first three I'd want to see.

Cool.

Agreed. I don't know why DC isn't using Bane more, right now he's very popular. A team book like Secret Six led by him or a solo book featuring him could be great and might even sell better than the Deathstroke book.

#20 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (13903 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I was mostly a fan of Catman and Deadshot in that book. I liked the interactions that they had.

#21 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I was mostly a fan of Catman and Deadshot in that book. I liked the interactions that they had.

Yeah I liked them too. But Bane was badass in there.

#22 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13903 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Yeah, I liked how he was breaking everybody's back.

#23 Edited by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see a Red Hood solo comic. The other characters in Red Hood and the Outlaws really drag the comic down

#24 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncleemu said:

I want to see a Red Hood solo comic. The other characters in Red Hood and the Outlaws really drag the comic down

Me too, Where he works in Gotham as an anti-hero.

#25 Posted by SmashBrawler (4746 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman: The Caped Crusader - What makes this book separate itself form the rest? Nothing! It's just another Batman book! But you'll still buy it! Even if it's from a completely unknown creative team!

Batman: The World's Greatest Detective - You think this book will have actual detective work? Ha ha, think again! This will have as much detective work as Tony Daniel's Detective Comics run. It's just Rob Liefeld doing whatever he wants. You heard that right: Rob Liefeld on Batman!

Batman: The Batman - Batman! Buy it!

Batman's Butler, Alfred Pennyworth - The comic everyone demanded but nobody actually wanted to see!

#26 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman will be the replacement.

#27 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

That book is going to be part of the superman group

I personally dont want any more batman titles but if i had to choose i'd say batman and the outsiders sounds like the best option to me

#28 Edited by Billy Batson (56943 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction and Waid won't be writing for DC anytime soon.

It just got a new writer so here's hoping it'll get better.

BB

#29 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction and Waid won't be writing for DC anytime soon.

I know that and the way DC is treating their writers I don't think they should work for DC but I'd like them to work on DC title.

@stormbox said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

That book is going to be part of the superman group

I personally dont want any more batman titles but if i had to choose i'd say batman and the outsiders sounds like the best option to me

It doesn't need to feature Batman. I thought people wanted to read books about Blackbat, Gotham Central, Azrael, Knight and Squire or other Batman characters. And considering DC will probably replace it with another Batman group title, I wanted to know which Batman related character's book will they like to read about. That's why I made this thread.

#30 Edited by Billy Batson (56943 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

It's more of the opposite for Waid. He's been badmouthing DC for years now.

BB

#31 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- No, i've had enough Batman drivel.

- Any non Batbook will most likely be better than Batman Inc and any Batman related replacement.

#32 Edited by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: He still does but DC is also responsible for this, I'm sure they treated him like crap.

#33 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

- Any non Batbook will most likely be better than Batman Inc and any Batman related replacement.

• You know you don't have to buy any comics it if don't want to.
  • Depends on the writer.
#34 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman 666 universe

#35 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251 said:

• You know you don't have to buy any comics it if don't want to.
  • Depends on the writer.

- I'm well aware and i don't buy most of the drivel that DC produces.

- I highly doubt that any book could be as atrocious and asinine as Batman inc.

#36 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Duh, Batman goes Hawaiian

#37 Posted by Lady_Shadow (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Something with Cassandra Cain

#38 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if that title is Secret Six, otherwise GIVE ME MORE BATMAN!

#39 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

Definitely

#40 Edited by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251, are you mad that Batman didn't come train you when he started Batman Inc.?

#41 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncleemu said:

@thejman251, are you mad that Batman didn't come train you when he started Batman Inc.?

- I'm guessing that this is supposed to be a pathetic attempt at trolling?

- Did i hurt your feelings by insulting your favorite book? Well, that's your problem as you choose to like Morrison's asinine drivel.

#42 Posted by pretur22 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: if Batman's Butler, Alfred Pennyworth were like the old batman stories.Where Alfred is writing his fan-fiction i would definitively but that book.

#43 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@stronger said:

Please make happen

Batman and Nightwing.

Who do you think should write it? I think Fraction will do a great job but he's on Marvel.

Maybe Morisson or Tony S.Daniel.

I could see Snyder too.

#44 Posted by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by batshrine (962 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to read either:

1. Batman and the Outsiders

2. Batman: The Brave and the Bold

3. Bruce Wayne: Origins (showcasing Batman training and learning for the solid amount of time that he did, and his adventures)

#46 Edited by conradoaccorsi (258 posts) - - Show Bio

STREETS OF GOTHAM

Paul Dini

Dustin Nguyen

#47 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncleemu said:

@thejman251, you like Snyder's run right?

- Is this a rhetorical question?

- i think that Snyder's run is some of the most asinine and inane drivel that i've ever read.

- I would actually rather Morrison be on the main Batman title than Snyder(as i've stated multiple times) which should tell you something as Morrison is the writer that i hate the most.

#48 Posted by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio